Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 18, 2023 5:19 AM
Apr 2017
who is slicing onions 🥲,, not me

Finally team has assemble, it's time to the next contest and start the first step to go to space

I pretty curious with ending next week, hope it's will be good ending
Dec 18, 2023 5:20 AM

Feb 2020
Such an emotional episode.

Raimon is finally back. It's nice to see them getting along a little better.

I can't wait for the finale.

SerafosDec 18, 2023 5:24 AM
Dec 18, 2023 5:20 AM

Aug 2022
Rocket launch back on the beach.

Before that, Umika wanted to make her rocket with Kei's help there. After that, the competition between Umika, Yuu and Haruno vs Matataki began.

And it seems Matataki had planned beforehand by letting Umika win. But thanks to everything, Matataki regained consciousness and finally returned.

What a touching episode, how Umika brought Matataki back. Oh man I love that.
Dec 18, 2023 6:35 AM

Apr 2010
The girls managed to tame Raimon now all they need to do is put a leash on her and everything should be fine.
Jokes aside it was nice being able to see the clubroom of the other club and their bond the girls also learned a lot from them.
Umika collapsing on the beach wasn't a good thing tho hopefully her condition isn't to bad.
Dec 18, 2023 6:54 AM
Sep 2021
Umika saved raimon from her suffering & pain, and it also showed her development as a character
Dec 18, 2023 7:29 AM

Sep 2009
how are you lot watching it? it's not showing up on crunchy?
Dec 18, 2023 7:53 AM

May 2020
Reply to komic
@komic Crunchyroll is having some tech difficulties, it seems.
Dec 18, 2023 8:13 AM

May 2020
Umika has developed as a strong and determined character, who has broken out of her shell in order to protect the hobby group she loves, and win back the Matataki suffering from the fear of losing her friends.

Matataki is so blessed - to have a girl who never turns back on her after she called her 'useless.' To have a teammate who tries her best on her own way even she taught her literally nothing. To have a real friend who pulls her back from darkness and gives such kind of behavior 'a chance to try again'.

You haven't lost yet, Matataki. You really haven't.
Dec 18, 2023 9:24 AM

Mar 2021
You haven't lost Raimon you have just gained three new friends who love you and just want you to be happy
Dec 18, 2023 10:56 AM
Aug 2022
They really might be my favourite 4 I’ve ever seen. They have such a good dynamic together. Raimon really is the aggressive tsundere 😂😂😂

The forehead rubs are so cute and the ending seen was so emotional. I’m surprised at how emotional this show has been.
Dec 18, 2023 11:05 AM
Mar 2020
Why does MAL max out at 5/5 stars. This episode should be 10/5.
Dec 18, 2023 11:22 AM
Jun 2022
This is the first time I've seen a Kirara character cussing (as long as I can remember). This is definitely a unique anime.
Dec 18, 2023 12:37 PM
May 2017
Another very good episode!

Matataki is back! The tsundere girl is the most difficult mission... and the one which rewards the most.

HT RocketSimulator...

OpenRocket Simulator.

Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Dec 18, 2023 1:49 PM

Feb 2019
“I know when you say those words you hurt the most” raaaaah what an emotional conclusion to Matataki’s tsundere arc.

I loved everything about this episode starting from the beginning. The girls going to Kei to learn about the technical aspects rocket development so that everyone can carry their own weight and not have to put as much pressure on raimon was great. Also, Kei’s line about how by failing many times she’s got as good as she is was very important. Applicable to anything in life. Don’t be afraid of making mistakes.

Challenging Matataki to a rocket competition was the perfect idea, had an idea she’d try and sabotage herself to stay out of the group. Luckily everyone can see through her act now and wasn’t letting her get away. Haruno’s plea in particular was so beautiful. The pain on her face was so palpable. She really wanted raimon to know she wasn’t alone and wasn’t taking no for an answer.

I’ve been hard on raimon for being an asshole in the last few episodes and I still think she went too far for a lot of stuff, but it’s clear she’s been hurting in silence and taking it out on other people for a while now. At least now by her own admission, she wants to be with the girls and she can start moving forward. With all the boundaries removed between the girls they can truly focus on winning the next competition
Marinate1016Dec 18, 2023 2:16 PM
Dec 18, 2023 2:10 PM

Dec 2013
What a beautiful episode, Matataki finally found people that understand her "tough love", Umika has grown so much.
Dec 18, 2023 2:36 PM
Feb 2015
Holy crap this was one of the series from this season I didn't think would make me cry and feel so emotional, didn't help too I happened to be watching last episode and this episode back to back when I still hadn't watched last week's yet 😂
Legit at some point this episode my eyes were watering so much and I could just feel my mouth wanting to just give way and cry, man this emotional episode was just so unexpected but I'm really happy to see just how these characters have grown this whole series, plus I can't believe it's already the last episode next week, time flies so quickly when you've gone back to being employed ahahahha
Dec 18, 2023 4:13 PM
Mar 2022
Bonavu!! Maruobeev tereev!
Dec 18, 2023 5:13 PM

Aug 2017
Bonavuuu👋,
Matataki-chan is finally back. How nice. Feels really good to have her back on the team.😍 What a relief.

Some of you have already said it, but I think it's really cool how real technical approaches are shown in the series (thanks also to @leonardobarba for the simulator).
Marinate1016 said:
Also, Kei’s line about how by failing many times she’s got as good as she is was very important. Applicable to anything in life. Don’t be afraid of making mistakes.
Kei was really cool again in the episode - how she explained to Umika and her friends how to progress step by step and keep improving. Man, I really feel like building a few “Modelo raketos” myself.🚀 The holidays are just around the corner, so something like this can probably be arranged.😄

The highlight of the episode is definitely Raimon-san's comeback.
Tugiacat said:
Matataki is so blessed - to have a girl who never turns back on her after she called her 'useless.' To have a teammate who tries her best on her own way even she taught her literally nothing. To have a real friend who pulls her back from darkness and gives such kind of behavior 'a chance to try again'.
I like how the parallels to Umika are drawn here. How both of them were looking for a home inside and have now found it. I really liked that. Raimon has done such a incredible character development. It's nice how they showed it - without it being cheesy or overrushed. Like Umika, she's just a girl who couldn't express her feelings properly and felt misunderstood - in her own way. Umika's speech really touched me and when she hugged Raimon, it was a firework of emotions.✨

When I read that in the manga, I thought to myself "uh, that scene could be considered a potential season finale" - but it's only episode 11😅

Reecey91 said:
You haven't lost Raimon you have just gained three new friends who love you and just want you to be happy
So true. Now Raimon has her ambition and spirit back - I'm so happy for her. 🤗This was definitely a highlight of the whole series. The whole setting, the beach scene, Raimon opening up - it's so beautiful it makes me cry.💫

By the way, today was the Christmas party at my university - we chatted about this and that and I also recommended Hoshikuzu Telepath to a few fellow students. So not only has our model dream rocket club regained a member, but the series may also have gained a few new fans?

Anyway, it's so nice that our Maruobeev tereev is back again.☺️
Mativuu🌌☄️
Dec 18, 2023 5:47 PM

Apr 2020
This show is the Evangelion of SoL
Dec 18, 2023 10:46 PM

Jul 2017
The girls are back together for more rocket activities...just without Raimon, and adding Kei into the mix at her school. Being introduced to her group members of 2nd year Neon Teruya and 1st year Michiru Yuugumo, Kei exhibits the Senpai aura teaching the girls how to make effective rockets, though the results of her achievements also come from past failures. And Umika wanting to impress Raimon, Kei takes the time to teach her the ropes...though Neon and Michiru sure have their own rivalry to boot. With the knowledge in mind, Umika challenges Raimon to the rocket re-duel.

The re-duel between Umika and Raimon, it's of significance to see if Umika has the guts to back her dream, and she did win by a landslide. However, this win feels unearned because Raimon didn't actually go all out, and this feels like her own karma for holding her facade that she is "the best of the best", realizing that her own battles are one and the same. No matter how much she tries to hold her ground with her egoism, one by one, Haruno, then Yuu, then Umika, gave her a place and reason to belong. Words and feelings that have weight in them as opposed to the lies Raimon's been feeding to her ownself, to eventually realizing the wrong of her ways to give everyone a chance to be with her.

Raimon a.ka. the Tsundere alien's goggles is quite the significance when you reference it back to the OP. And yelp...Umika's down with a cold...

IDK which is better, this or Koisuru Asteroid...I think this by quite a mile...
Dec 19, 2023 12:56 AM
Jun 2016
komic said:

Ahoy, matey! 🏴‍☠️🦜
Dec 19, 2023 12:57 AM
Jun 2016
I really loved this episode. Raimon finally accepting the other girls was so heartwarming and wholesome.
Dec 19, 2023 5:21 AM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
So indeed Raimon wanted to win to maintain a place where she belonged amongst common ilk. The club instructor/teacher was on point in getting the girls to get Raimon to a commonplace as it is what only friends could do. I still may be giving Haruno too much credit but I think she let Umika take charge in this secret plan because she already went out and touched base with Raimon and could not reason with her. I think that Umika and Raimon are too pure in their wanting to belong so they were bound to be on the same page when all the negativity went away. The forehead attack was amazing.
Dec 19, 2023 6:04 AM
May 2017
Reply to lumjulian
Bonavuuu👋,
Matataki-chan is finally back. How nice. Feels really good to have her back on the team.😍 What a relief.

Some of you have already said it, but I think it's really cool how real technical approaches are shown in the series (thanks also to @leonardobarba for the simulator).
Marinate1016 said:
Also, Kei’s line about how by failing many times she’s got as good as she is was very important. Applicable to anything in life. Don’t be afraid of making mistakes.
Kei was really cool again in the episode - how she explained to Umika and her friends how to progress step by step and keep improving. Man, I really feel like building a few “Modelo raketos” myself.🚀 The holidays are just around the corner, so something like this can probably be arranged.😄

The highlight of the episode is definitely Raimon-san's comeback.
Tugiacat said:
I like how the parallels to Umika are drawn here. How both of them were looking for a home inside and have now found it. I really liked that. Raimon has done such a incredible character development. It's nice how they showed it - without it being cheesy or overrushed. Like Umika, she's just a girl who couldn't express her feelings properly and felt misunderstood - in her own way. Umika's speech really touched me and when she hugged Raimon, it was a firework of emotions.✨

When I read that in the manga, I thought to myself "uh, that scene could be considered a potential season finale" - but it's only episode 11😅

Reecey91 said:
So true. Now Raimon has her ambition and spirit back - I'm so happy for her. 🤗This was definitely a highlight of the whole series. The whole setting, the beach scene, Raimon opening up - it's so beautiful it makes me cry.💫

By the way, today was the Christmas party at my university - we chatted about this and that and I also recommended Hoshikuzu Telepath to a few fellow students. So not only has our model dream rocket club regained a member, but the series may also have gained a few new fans?

Anyway, it's so nice that our Maruobeev tereev is back again.☺️
Mativuu🌌☄️
@Hexejulian The series aims to the space with the feet on the ground, even with an extraterrestrial lifeform as a protagonist. This is priceless.

Umika the crybaby and Matataki the tsundere complement each other; therefore, they are better together.
Dec 19, 2023 6:12 AM
May 2017
Reply to KANLen09
The girls are back together for more rocket activities...just without Raimon, and adding Kei into the mix at her school. Being introduced to her group members of 2nd year Neon Teruya and 1st year Michiru Yuugumo, Kei exhibits the Senpai aura teaching the girls how to make effective rockets, though the results of her achievements also come from past failures. And Umika wanting to impress Raimon, Kei takes the time to teach her the ropes...though Neon and Michiru sure have their own rivalry to boot. With the knowledge in mind, Umika challenges Raimon to the rocket re-duel.

The re-duel between Umika and Raimon, it's of significance to see if Umika has the guts to back her dream, and she did win by a landslide. However, this win feels unearned because Raimon didn't actually go all out, and this feels like her own karma for holding her facade that she is "the best of the best", realizing that her own battles are one and the same. No matter how much she tries to hold her ground with her egoism, one by one, Haruno, then Yuu, then Umika, gave her a place and reason to belong. Words and feelings that have weight in them as opposed to the lies Raimon's been feeding to her ownself, to eventually realizing the wrong of her ways to give everyone a chance to be with her.

Raimon a.ka. the Tsundere alien's goggles is quite the significance when you reference it back to the OP. And yelp...Umika's down with a cold...

IDK which is better, this or Koisuru Asteroid...I think this by quite a mile...
@KANLen09 Both Hoshikuzu Telepath and Koisuru Asteroid are very good anime series. Some people may not like Umika's crybaby behavior. I think she is cute.
Dec 19, 2023 6:14 AM
May 2017
Reply to Antagonized
So indeed Raimon wanted to win to maintain a place where she belonged amongst common ilk. The club instructor/teacher was on point in getting the girls to get Raimon to a commonplace as it is what only friends could do. I still may be giving Haruno too much credit but I think she let Umika take charge in this secret plan because she already went out and touched base with Raimon and could not reason with her. I think that Umika and Raimon are too pure in their wanting to belong so they were bound to be on the same page when all the negativity went away. The forehead attack was amazing.
@Antagonized Matataki is as insecure as Umika; both girls only react different.
Dec 19, 2023 7:46 AM

Sep 2010
Hehe, when she intends to lose, Raimon opts to swap the engine for a less powerful one rather than just make an inefficient rocket. It's like part of her still wants to prove herself as an engineer.

The line about Kei spending all her money on her rocketry hobby reminded me a of a line from Initial D about the Takahashi brothers going through a lot of tyres to get as good at racing as they are. But, I'm pretty sure understanding and interpreting the results is more conducive to success than just consuming lots of parts. Much earlier, Raimon noticed that Umika, Yuu and Haruno had properly optimized their compressed-air rocket, and didn't beat her by luck, and Umika made some useful observations about how rockets react to wind.

Also, interesting payoff this episode:
Umika, Yuu, Haruno: Spend the first half getting tips from Kei's group.
Raimon: Now you don't need me. Find yourself a less pathetic engineer.
TakataDec 20, 2023 1:09 AM
Dec 19, 2023 10:18 AM

Mar 2014
Ah they actually learn about rockets, stuff they should've done earlier like really early instead of doing something else
Dec 19, 2023 4:13 PM

Dec 2021
NGL, I'm worried that the finale is going to have a lot more emotions than these past few episodes have had.
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.
Dec 19, 2023 5:29 PM

Feb 2023
This show has been AMAZING!!! The emotional interactions are written so well. Umika taking the first step and hugging Matataki showed such great progress in character development. Umika is definitely the best of the "shy girl" characters. She started in a state of depression, and over the course of the show, took steps to change her situation in a healthy way. All of the characters showed such emotional maturity in this episode.

Loved seeing Matataki with the yandere eyes! That was awesome and terrifying...lol
Dec 19, 2023 5:33 PM

Feb 2023
Reply to leonardobarba
Another very good episode!

Matataki is back! The tsundere girl is the most difficult mission... and the one which rewards the most.

HT RocketSimulator...

OpenRocket Simulator.

@leonardobarba Ahhh...I wondered about that software. It seemed a little too detailed for it to not be product placement. It looked really cool. It's impressive what you can do with simulation software these days.
Dec 20, 2023 5:41 AM
May 2017
Reply to BlueBullet178
@leonardobarba Ahhh...I wondered about that software. It seemed a little too detailed for it to not be product placement. It looked really cool. It's impressive what you can do with simulation software these days.
@BlueBullet178 I am an IT professional. Any software calls my attention immediately and naturally. The original manga author or the anime production team really did the homework. The amount of technical concepts, data and theory about rockets is amazing... in a cute Slice of Life anime, for what is even more amazing. Hoshikuzu Telepath is great!
Dec 20, 2023 10:40 AM

Mar 2008
As much as I enjoyed melodrama I didnt feel it as much as I think is meant. I totally get how Matataki feels about wanting to not get close to people if she just winds up alone which I started isolating myself to the extreme too and not trusting things people say but her original reason for being left behind is how she treats others neglecting their feelings and being too slow to apologize. I get it, some people have trouble with their emotions or act out from insecurity but there is a certain point someone is just toxic to be around. Id understand more if there was more to it like something that happened to her before what we were shown. She is better than she was though where she is actually catching herself being too harsh, so character progression. I wish I had someone like Umika, Haruno, or Yuu to care about me.

@leonardobarba
I don't know why I never thought of the use of simulations for model rocketry. While not too related to model rocketry this ties into space, you may want to check out Stellarium if you havent heard of it which is good for astronomy.

traedDec 20, 2023 11:26 AM
Dec 20, 2023 11:19 AM
May 2017
Reply to traed
As much as I enjoyed melodrama I didnt feel it as much as I think is meant. I totally get how Matataki feels about wanting to not get close to people if she just winds up alone which I started isolating myself to the extreme too and not trusting things people say but her original reason for being left behind is how she treats others neglecting their feelings and being too slow to apologize. I get it, some people have trouble with their emotions or act out from insecurity but there is a certain point someone is just toxic to be around. Id understand more if there was more to it like something that happened to her before what we were shown. She is better than she was though where she is actually catching herself being too harsh, so character progression. I wish I had someone like Umika, Haruno, or Yuu to care about me.

@leonardobarba
I don't know why I never thought of the use of simulations for model rocketry. While not too related to model rocketry this ties into space, you may want to check out Stellarium if you havent heard of it which is good for astronomy.

@traed Thank you!
Dec 20, 2023 9:11 PM

Sep 2021
So Matataki's shell finally melted!

After how good this show was since the competition I expected a lot from this episode. And it really delivered!

And as much as I love Umika, Yu and Haruno - Matataki certainly is my favorite! I can relate so much to how she feels. In a way, she's even more socially awkward than Umika and it's more than just "get the courage to talk to people" for her.
Dec 26, 2023 10:13 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Well at least I'm happy that the drama with Raimon has ended, both Konohoshi and Raimon managed to speak and tell their true feelings, it's better this way, now Raimon will stop acting like that, finally xD
Dec 27, 2023 11:51 AM

Apr 2016
@ImmortalZero been real quiet since this episode aired
Dec 29, 2023 6:50 AM

Oct 2017
Raimon like the other three was also looking for her place to be. Good to see them together again.
Jan 9, 11:49 PM
Apr 2021
My eyes got filled with the ocean after this episode it was amazing seeing Umika grow so much for the sole reason to keep her group together so she can keep building rockets with them I loved seeing that tbh

It was nice of Kei-san to teach the girls about rocket building using CAD, she’s gotta be best side character in this show next to the teacher😭

The girls finally tamed Raimon which I’m happy about bc deep down she loves building rockets with them she just has a hard time being honest and true to herself about how she feels so I’m glad Umika was the one to talk some sense into Raimon so that she feels like she belongs in their group🥹

The foreheadpathy at the end was once again ADORABLE ASF I love their chibi models when they do it they look so cute😭

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hoshikuzu Telepath Episode 3 Discussion

KANLen09 - Oct 23, 2023

47 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 24, 8:37 AM

Poll: » Hoshikuzu Telepath Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cuhoangdk - Oct 16, 2023

50 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 24, 5:54 AM

Poll: » Hoshikuzu Telepath Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Oct 9, 2023

83 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 24, 1:10 AM

Poll: » Hoshikuzu Telepath Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Dec 25, 2023

43 by s1k1b »»
Mar 1, 5:39 AM

Poll: » Hoshikuzu Telepath Episode 6 Discussion

LS_11 - Nov 13, 2023

31 by iMrJoel »»
Feb 29, 9:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.