Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Demon Sword Master of Excalibur Academy (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 21, 2023 4:28 PM
Apr 2013
Honestly I just wanted to add a few extra thoughts.

I actually just noticed, the only episode that takes place on land is EP 1. In EP 23456, 78, and 9-12, they're either on the main float, the ship, or the other float, so ep 1 is the only episode that actually takes place on dry land.

This anime itself has a bunch of notable features, for better or worse. I wont talk about the characters because I already have, and tbh they're all really good considering.
The issue is pretty much everything else.

Like, characters aside, we have a futuristic science fiction story that somehow also has magic (elements) in it or equivalent (science and magic are theoretically interchangeable but whatever), and interestingly to our knowledge it seems the humans have one unified country(?)

Ironically you could say maybe its too boring because of that. But I really wish we had seen more stories that use the science fiction and magic angle, its actually quite interesting, if a bit funny at times.

(The very end of the episode did have a few lines about how they speculated that something was up with the whole science and magic thing, which is a common trope in other anime I guess, some kind of dark historical sekret about society foundation)
Dec 22, 2023 3:21 AM

Mar 2016
Classic harem-fantasy school-fanservice theme that somewhat felt rarer today which i appreciated it.
Ahh.. remind me at 2013-2016 era when that themes plagued anime landscapes just like isekai today.
7/10. Need to annouce s2 quickly to keep the hype train.

Dec 22, 2023 4:56 PM
Dec 2023
Meh. Decent trash, nothing good, nothing overtly bad.
Dec 23, 2023 8:00 PM
John Titor

Jul 2017
Would have been better if Shary had had more screentime. Well, the best was the characters' designs, it's otherwise generic.
Mi música chiptune (auténtica, no fakebit) / My chiptune music (real, no fakebit)
YouTube
Battle of the Bits
SoundCloud
Dec 25, 2023 6:42 PM

Oct 2022
It looked so promising in the beginning. But over time it fell into grey slightly better mid. It wasn't bad, just there was always the feeling that something is missing idk why tho.
Dec 27, 2023 1:23 AM
Apr 2021
it was pretty good
Jan 1, 5:22 PM
Jan 2023
Not a bad final episode, using souls to defeat the goddess is actually pretty unique, but I wish it could have been animated better. That cliffhanger at the end with the elf breaking out of the sick bay though, I wonder what is going to come of that, probably nothing good.

Good but nothing special is how I would describe this show, the characters are actually pretty well balanced, the animation is acceptable outside of fight scenes, but nothing special when it comes to the story. Just generally it feels very low budget. Still wouldn't mind a season 2 though, I just hope some other studio could take such a project on and actually do this show justice. I give it a 6/10.
Jan 1, 7:33 PM

Mar 2008
This show felt disappointing. I kind of had really good expectations early on but it just has really weird pacing and development that makes it kind of boring for what actually be good. Id probably watch another season if it ever had one though maybe.
Jan 2, 12:57 AM

Nov 2009
Is it me... or did they reuse the same "skeleton fight scene" and "magic circle scene" like at least 3 or 4 times? LOL... (including from previous episode...)

This was an interesting series with a somewhat interesting story/ plot.

But it seems like the "low budget?" and "reusing scenes" non-stop... make it look a bit boring to watch.

And dude gets assaulted again... this time by a naked Selia.

Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jan 4, 7:24 AM
Mar 2021
Here we go the anime ended and there was not a single peaceful episode they should show us some more spicy scenes between MC and Celia bcuz not sure of u guys but I watched this anime only for those girlsi don't get wtf is going on, the animation dosent fit the show, the maid didnt get enough screentime and the demon Lord is umm just not demon L
Jan 20, 5:52 PM
Jul 2016
I didn't dislike the anime, but I went to read the manga and it was much better with the art and booba scenes.
The anime adaptation is bad even if they did some little changes that are good, but overall 7/10 for me.

I'll just start the manga form the beginning xD
Jan 24, 11:28 PM

Aug 2017
Generous 5/10.

It wasn't half as good as Hataraku Maou sama. I did like the shotacon, harem and fanservice. Didn't like the humanoid animals. I could not figure out any story. Watched the latter half in high speed. Wasn't there some other anime where a character had to drink blood periodically for energy? The one with the vampire girl and shotacon boy.

fathandz said:
It looked so promising in the beginning.

Yeah, started out all right and became not very good.

Why does Yui Ishikawa voice the main girl? She does better with quiet types like 2b, Violet Evergarden and Mikasa Ackerman.
CarbonMDJan 24, 11:33 PM
Jan 28, 2:58 AM
Nov 2016
Yikes, this was garbage. The only good part were the comedy skits of mofomofu-maru and the maid each episode. Tho, the skit in the last ep was shit.
I guess Vampire Waifu was hot/fine as well.

4/10

No wonder i dropped the manga god knows when.
Jan 31, 10:24 AM

Aug 2014
I would give it a 8, but it lacked emotions, but compared to some anime I watched it was better.. but then again not enough on my 8 scored anime ;/ I'll give it 7.5 in my mind and 8 on mal :)

I loved the characters, the story was ok for such anime, the OP ED songs were ok, but the OP lacked animation and power as it was only mixed shots from episodes ;/ the ED gave me a nice wallpaper though ;p

I would want to see second season, the demon lord/maou sama isekai is always good theme
it could have more ecchi ;p but at laest vampire Riselia is kinda silly and cute ;d
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Feb 6, 6:57 PM

Sep 2019
4/10 Mid tier anime

Unsatisfying as well. Enemies escaping while MC is forced to faceless enemies. Boring.

The only interesting part is the outro.
C6R5 Raiden
Feb 8, 6:58 PM

Feb 2009
Pretty mid, useless heroine despite power up and the plot is all over the place despite some interesting twists, but overall, the fighting scenes are just really unimpressive. The cast is good enough, but this type of trash series should at least look cool or else it's pointless and it failed hard there. Looking at their past works, I don't think Passione should do action series and stick with SoL.
Feb 17, 8:03 AM

Oct 2008
That was an uneventful ending. Another monster x defeated without much development in the crew. I thought we'd at least get to see Elf hero's reaction when she witnesses Maou power, but she conveniently passes out. On top of that, the rest of the crew just dismisses that finisher attack from Maou as her doing. Was a facepalm moment.

Feel the writing overall was just not good. The author went for safe uneventful development of the story which was utterly uninteresting. Elf Hero meeting Maou would have been interesting to see. Someone noticing that he is powerful and uses abnormal magic could have developed into something interesting. Someone noticing the maid and the dog are more than what they seem would have been interesting. That one princess noticing that the help she got was abnormal and taking action finding out what really happened, would have been interesting to see. None of these happen. Its like all the characters are just dumb logs that accept whatever as is.
Mar 17, 1:58 AM

Apr 2013
By the recent time as we glance into the corners of the action, it's clearly a fact that maid is the best girl.
Mar 28, 7:48 PM
Aug 2023
It wasn't that bad, but it wasn't that good either. The main story/plot was kind of boring and non-existent, and the major battles were generic and boring. The characters were somewhat fun, and amusing, but they seemed too nonchalant with what's going on a lot of the times.

I would say the best parts of the show was the light comedy of the girls taking the piss out of the MC while they were just doing their daily activities. Like when the MC was trying to buy lunch with gold acting all smug, and it turns out they only took credits and gold was worthless, or when they were teaching him how to swim (while he's staring at her chest) and he's humbled by the kids swimming better than him. Or when his Maid would call him a stupid demon lord under her breath because she's all jealous.

Normally I don't like shows which tries to humiliate the MC, but it works here because it keeps the MC in check otherwise he'd come off as an annoyingly smug OP brat. I also found the post credits comedy routine with the Maid and Doggie amusing. I think if this anime was more comedy focused, it would have faired much better. Like it was pretty hilarious when the MC was recruiting the demi-humans and his phone rang, and pretty much all the moments with the Maid were funny.

6/10
Apr 8, 11:46 AM
Jan 2024
Cool VFX, with amazing plots, and looking forward to Season 2
Apr 17, 7:17 AM

Aug 2023
so many copy pastes u got there...

こんにちは!私の名前はマルハザクです! こんにちは!私の名前はマルハザクです!
Apr 26, 3:29 PM

Feb 2012
Elf girl escaped the infirmary, oh dear.

The pacing and story development were awkward so it's not a show I was that looking forward to watching by the time I finished it.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seiken Gakuin no Makentsukai Episode 7 Discussion

DoisacChopper - Nov 7, 2023

21 by MadanielFL »»
Yesterday, 6:38 PM

Poll: » Seiken Gakuin no Makentsukai Episode 8 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Nov 13, 2023

23 by AIHOSHINO2012 »»
Apr 2, 4:36 AM

Poll: » Seiken Gakuin no Makentsukai Episode 6 Discussion

burungmengambang - Oct 31, 2023

32 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 19, 10:15 AM

Poll: » Seiken Gakuin no Makentsukai Episode 5 Discussion

KANLen09 - Oct 23, 2023

44 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 19, 10:02 AM

Poll: » Seiken Gakuin no Makentsukai Episode 4 Discussion

KANLen09 - Oct 16, 2023

44 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 19, 9:36 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.