Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Dec 8, 2023 4:26 PM
Oct 2016
Eternal Love, Quite the romantic I see
Dec 8, 2023 4:40 PM

Jul 2013
IzanaSolos said:
Fern and Stark were just meant to be. Watching Fern get a little mad was actually pretty cute.

After the priest Sein joins the party and they visit the Rad region, Fern and Stark get into a disagreement when Fern becomes upset that Stark didn't get her a birthday present. With Sein's guidance, the two eventually reconcile and decide to shop for a gift for Fern together. In the midst of this, Frieren reaches out to Seinthat Fern likely sought his guidance because of his resemblance to Heiter, whom Sein views as an ideal adult, in contrast to himself.

I really like how Frieren often acts like a child, but having someone more mature like Sein (despite his flaws) adds a nice touch. It feels like exactly what Fern needs, especially since she sees a bit of Heiter in Sein. Even though he has this absolute view, saying there was no meaning behind the gift almost makes it sound like it wasn't given out of love, which is definitely not true. It's also heartening to see Frieren slowly realizing how much love she has received.

And, of course, typical Frieren, she's a bit slow on the uptake as well.

on-point. This anime is delivering a mind-blowing "medieval fantasy slice of life" and hitting my every spot. Will go after the manga as soon as the show ends.

The scenes with Frieren head-patting those adults made my eyes water. Soon after, the comic gap between her reactions to the flower language and "oh, I'm sure he didn't know either" and the most romantic ring-giving flashback scene made me laugh real hard. It's an emotional smorgasbord.
Dec 8, 2023 4:50 PM
Oct 2020
KYAAAAA!!! Himmel proposing Frieren
Dec 8, 2023 4:53 PM

Jun 2013
Honestly, what hurts from the ring scene was that Himmel having feelings for Frieren but choosing not to directly say it because he thought it was a love that can and will never be. Himmel's reaction upon realizing what the flower meant on the ring was just sad, props to his VA for doubling that emotion. Everything felt romantic but bittersweet in that moment. I love how this show depicts conversations and emotions it almost feels humane in some way.
maigyoDec 8, 2023 4:56 PM
Dec 8, 2023 4:59 PM

May 2021
10/10 again, masterpiece.
Dec 8, 2023 5:05 PM
Aug 2022
I love fern and starks dynamic so much. I’m also really liking Sein so far.

I could tell Himmel definitely knew what that ring meant.
Dec 8, 2023 5:09 PM

Jun 2020
Himmel and Frieren flashback was sweet, I can see why the proposal ring meant a lot to her.

Also Stark unintentionally declared his love to Fern. Wonder if anything will come from that. Fern didnt object on the gift even after learning its meaning, so ya know....

"Don't let your memes be dreams."- Ancient Japanese proverb, probably
Dec 8, 2023 5:11 PM

Jul 2013
IzanaSolos said:
Fern and Stark were just meant to be. Watching Fern get a little mad was actually pretty cute.

After the priest Sein joins the party and they visit the Rad region, Fern and Stark get into a disagreement when Fern becomes upset that Stark didn't get her a birthday present. With Sein's guidance, the two eventually reconcile and decide to shop for a gift for Fern together. In the midst of this, Frieren reaches out to Seinthat Fern likely sought his guidance because of his resemblance to Heiter, whom Sein views as an ideal adult, in contrast to himself.

I really like how Frieren often acts like a child, but having someone more mature like Sein (despite his flaws) adds a nice touch. It feels like exactly what Fern needs, especially since she sees a bit of Heiter in Sein. Even though he has this absolute view, saying there was no meaning behind the gift almost makes it sound like it wasn't given out of love, which is definitely not true. It's also heartening to see Frieren slowly realizing how much love she has received.

And, of course, typical Frieren, she's a bit slow on the uptake as well.

on-point. This anime is delivering a mind-blowing "medieval fantasy slice of life" and hitting my every spot. Will go after the manga as soon as the show ends.

The scenes with Frieren head-patting those adults made my eyes water. Soon after, the comic gap between her reactions to the flower language and "oh, I'm sure he didn't know either" and the most romantic ring-giving flashback scene made me laugh real hard. It's an emotional smorgasbord, with deep layers of flavors.
Dec 8, 2023 5:14 PM
Oct 2016
It's all about the romance with this episode. We had some great moments between Fern and Stark, the former not being happy she didn't get a birthday gift from the latter. Fern pouting was adorable and made it even funnier, she's got classic tsundere vibes like crazy when she's acting this way. Frieren and Sein both telling her shes being too harsh on Stark, the guy doesn't even remember his own birthday let alone anyone else's. It was cute seeing Fern try to work up the courage to apologize to Stark while later finding out at the same time he wanted to ask her what she would like for a gift but was too scared. Frieren spying on them like a considerate granny, from the rooftops is kinda extreme but she has good intentions. Her reminiscing with Sein about Heiter and the head rubs was funny, they both have very different views of him. Stark and Fern ended up picking A nice gift for her. The bird attack offered up something more sentimental with Frieren looking back at A gift Himmel gave her. With a similar design to the bracelet Fern got, A flower that means eternal love. Quite poignant since we know Himmel feelings for Frieren. She didn't understand at the time what it meant but now we can see the lengths she goes to find this ring when it was lost. Frieren puts on a facade of not feeling A certain way about her time with Himmel but moments like this show us its effected her more than even she knows.
Dec 8, 2023 5:14 PM
Jun 2016
That's more like it. Nice to see a sense of clarity of character and thematic direction return in full. This show is best when strife and battles remain trapped in the past and we focus on present conflict: emotional mending.
Dec 8, 2023 5:22 PM
Jul 2021
Shippers were just eating the entire episode today. Fern's pout is powerful stuff. Also getting a pseudo-proposal scene from Himmel was very unexpected.

Man, every scene with Himmel and Frieren just hurts more after I remember it's a flashback and he's already gone.
Dec 8, 2023 5:31 PM
Jun 2020
live sofia and andrew reaction: so cute
(I cried)
Dec 8, 2023 5:44 PM
Jun 2022
Out of word content, impressive animation, colorful scenery
Dec 8, 2023 5:44 PM

Nov 2020
Oh my god, this show is actually the best anime I've ever watched.
Dec 8, 2023 5:52 PM

Sep 2021
If anyone still doubts about Fern and Stark's relationship, I don't know how to convince them anymore.
Also, Frieren and Himmel's were so charming yet so sad.
Dec 8, 2023 5:56 PM
Nov 2019
kisah cinta strak dan fern
dan frieren dan himmel
My Candies :
Dec 8, 2023 6:01 PM

Jun 2019
Sein is a great addition to the group. He provides the maturity the group needs.
Dec 8, 2023 6:02 PM
Apr 2021
that was one of the best anime episodes in a long time.
Dec 8, 2023 6:37 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
This shit is so fkn good. Clear 10/10 for me

It’s such a nice and beautiful vibe. The production team is still killing it

I definitely wasn’t hooked around eps 2-4 but that has 100% changed
Dec 8, 2023 6:50 PM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
Goddamn, this series can be brutal. I don't even like thinking too much about Frieren and all of that wasted time. It is too tragic. Was super happy to see Fern and Stark forming even more precious memories. I'm rooting hard for them to not end up in the situation Frieren is in.
Dec 8, 2023 7:05 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
this anime is so fking beautiful i can't even

NYANPASU
5700XT

Dec 8, 2023 7:11 PM
Oct 2012
That was special. Frieren at its quietest is Frieren at its best.
Dec 8, 2023 7:16 PM
Nov 2023
Amazing episode as always
Dec 8, 2023 7:20 PM
Nov 2019
Very cute episode with a very appropriate title: "Privilege of the Young." Good to see Sein fits right in with the gang and it was cool to see the dynamic between an older (but not Frieren old) character share his wisdom with Fern. Nice to also see some action with Stark and this ship has definitely sailed.
Even tho Fern didn't ask Frieren for advice, Frieren still shone this episode and I sure want a head pat from her.
The second half of the episode reminded me how much Frieren still really cares about her past party and it's cool that she'd go to the effort to try find Himmel's gift for her.
Dec 8, 2023 7:46 PM
Oct 2021
i still cry every single time himmel appears I can't im sobbing
Dec 8, 2023 7:46 PM

Apr 2023
This was a heavily induced romantic episode :) Both for Fern & Stark and Frieren & Himmel.

Dec 8, 2023 7:57 PM

Apr 2021
IDK if anyone mentioned the bgm, but DAMN, it is too unappreciated, This is the anime with the best bgm in this season by far and maybe even in the whole 2023 (if I'm missing any other show tell me). It's too good like they rarely reuse the bgms and when a new one comes out it just mesmerize me like how it fits the scene. Peak 👑
Dec 8, 2023 8:07 PM
Dec 2013
TOHO Animation also released a special companion MV for milet's Anytime Anywhere today that includes scenes from today's episode.

Dec 8, 2023 9:07 PM
Jul 2022
WHY IS HIMMEL SO SMOOTH WITH THINGS T^T
Dec 8, 2023 9:28 PM

Apr 2023
Reply to Rob7
Meanwhile, in episode 1.

- Nobody noticed, but Himmel was dying inside.

Not a surprise that he aged so horribly.
@Rob7 He saw his beloved leave completely disinterested, and she left him only the horn of a dark demon... This finished him off. 😔
Dec 8, 2023 9:30 PM

Apr 2023
Reply to LuisSV23
Authentic cinema 🚬

Please make FernxStark canon now, with that this anime would be GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

With this, Himmel's intentions are more than clear, right? xdd

@LuisSV23 She didn't get it...
Dec 8, 2023 9:37 PM

Apr 2023
Poor Himmel, he didn't even have the chance to have his love reciprocated... Frieren is very airheaded, it took 30 years after his death for her to start realizing that he was in love with her...😩
Dec 8, 2023 9:44 PM
Nov 2023
Beautiful
That's all I can say
Dec 8, 2023 10:04 PM
May 2021
stark got that ohio skibidi funum tax rizz 🥶🥶🥶
Dec 8, 2023 10:21 PM

Mar 2007
My heart can't take much more of this slowest of slow burn love stories! It's almost the opposite of Isekai Ojisan, where the clueless one here is Freiren, the elf! It's clear Himmel knew the language of flowers, realized what ring she picked and then that scene when he SLIPPED the ring onto her finger, proposal style, I just ... Squeeee, aaah my heart!
Dec 8, 2023 10:27 PM

Feb 2019
Frieren's smile and general posture while rubbing Heiter's head was cute.
Dec 8, 2023 10:39 PM
May 2018
As someone who has been watched hundreds of animes, dozens every season, this show manages to captivate me every single episode and bring me back to the times where i first discovered anime 18 years ago. The storytelling, music, art, animation, direction, characters, everything is top notch in this show. What an incredibly beautiful proposal scene at the end there. This anime will without a doubt be something that will be talked about a decade from now. Bravo to the entire staff, evan call, and the entirety of madhouse for making this amazing adaptation. There are lots of good shows out there nowadays, but few have that "magical" captivating feeling like frieren does.
Dec 8, 2023 10:44 PM

Jul 2012
fuck... I cried again ... that was so beautiful oh my god

The parallels between the two relationships... Wow
Dec 8, 2023 10:44 PM
Oct 2018
It may not be today or tomorrow, but...
Dec 8, 2023 11:24 PM
Feb 2022
An inevitable force love is. Seeing that side of Frieren made the episode sooooooo good. HimmelGOD
Dec 8, 2023 11:50 PM
Apr 2023
wonderful the friendship of stark and fern...
Dec 8, 2023 11:59 PM
Jun 2020
kuroneko99 said:
  • "A magic to find lost ornaments." What a usage-limited magic. I'd like "a magic to find lost items" even if it works for limited range.
  • The scene Frieren ascends and finds the ring is depicted beautifully, though the source material used only two frames for that.

My head canon says this is probably a better spell. Like you said, a magic that finds lost items in general might only work in limited range, and probably would find too much stuff that you don't actually need, like lost penny or hair. A spell that is more specific may have better range and actually find what you need, even though you might need a specific spell for every kind of item. Not a problem for Frieren though, she has all the time in the world to collect them.
Dec 9, 2023 12:08 AM
Oct 2023
Perfect episode, I nearly cried
Dec 9, 2023 12:20 AM
Jun 2023
it was soo cutee😭
i laughed a lot (sorry for my poor english)
Dec 9, 2023 12:57 AM
Sep 2018
This episode was Gold ! Stark is the man ! Every moment between frieren and himmel are deep !
Dec 9, 2023 1:36 AM

Mar 2022
Damn that hit hard.

In a world without love, death means nothing.
Dec 9, 2023 1:58 AM
Sep 2020
This time it feel more like medieval (idk how to write it) romance but still hold the main aspect of the anime, passage of time. Not even word love used but still has "love" aura in the whole romantic scene. The good word to leave for "Love" theme is love it!
Dec 9, 2023 2:15 AM

Nov 2021
I absolutely adore how much screentime Fern and Stark get together, the ship is definitely sailing and I'm all here for it
Dec 9, 2023 2:31 AM
May 2022
Man that superrrr gooodddd
Dec 9, 2023 3:59 AM
Sep 2023
This is such a beautiful story my goodness
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2023

213 by grandy_UiD »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2023

424 by nanajp »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 27, 2023

332 by nanajp »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2023

270 by nanajp »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2023

265 by nanajp »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.