Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 3, 2023 5:28 AM

Nov 2011
Kouya just loves using his camera LOL, especially in this episode. Can't blame him though since it's part of his job.

I also kinda like Haruka's renewed confidence, almost like he is a changed man. Only two episode left but their relationship is one of the more underrated elements of the show.
Stark700Dec 3, 2023 7:36 AM
Dec 3, 2023 7:18 AM

Oct 2023
Ouch, that was a close one for Haruka. Guess that the podium celebration is kept for the last 2 episodes
Dec 3, 2023 8:23 AM

Jul 2017
Komaki Motors without Haruka is a waste with the F4 car sitting in the garage, but him turning Belsorriso down, it's probably for the best.

Haruka's trip to Tohoku, it certainly is a long-winded story about Kouya, but the most important thing is that Haruka wants to take it one step at a time and slowly going pro, there is no rush. Saeki coming to see her ex to see how he fares now, she certainly has her regrets that with Haruka, clears up their marriage's misunderstandings about each other. Even Toshiki feels like driving together with Haruka only backfires his performance while Satsuki continues his rehab with Alice, because he doesn't want to stop at F4 and go all the way to F1. To Ena, Haruka is the only one who can give Toshiki a push as well, not the other replacement drivers like Yuitani.

On the Suzuka racecourse, Haruka starts 14th, as well as both Belsorriso drivers Yuitani and Toshiki in the top 2 places, though the former lost his grip and lagged behind while the latter waited for Haruka to attack his 1st place spot for a fighting finish. But as soon as his tyres start giving way, Haruka subsequently lost the podium's spot.

Never Say Never...though when will Haruka ever climb his way up to the winner's podium?
Dec 3, 2023 8:26 AM
Oct 2021
AAAAAA I want to see Haruka win so badly at this point!!
Dec 3, 2023 8:33 AM

Mar 2021
Haruka nearly got on the podium just a shame his tyres didn't last am really hoping we get to see him on the podium soon
Dec 3, 2023 8:43 AM

Feb 2021
Shame about the tires, but this just shows how Tokumaru kinda sucks
Dec 3, 2023 9:08 AM

Apr 2009
I assume Satsuki is basically out of the race unless the anime time skips at some point. Also honestly the previous episode feels like a fever dream after coming back to the usual stuff lol.

Dec 3, 2023 9:45 AM

Feb 2019
I knew Haruka would reject Belsorisso. Especially after everything with Kouya last week, no way he’d sell out Komaki motors. Even though they’re not the richest and most glamorous team, they’ve got heart and you can’t buy that.

Sadly, the small club aspect is very important when it comes to racing because that means they can’t afford the best quality supplies. Really came back to haunt them today with the tires failing Haruka. He was so close to the podium as well, definitely a heartbreaking loss.

But at the same time, it’s not about how many times you fall, but how many you get up. Haruka seems like he got an idea from this failure and can use it to improve. They’re clearly saving that podium picture for the last episode or so and no complaints from me. It’ll make it that much sweeter when Komaki motors finally get over that hump.
Marinate1016Dec 3, 2023 9:50 AM
Dec 3, 2023 10:23 AM

Jan 2009
damn haruka could win if he has a better car lol
degDec 4, 2023 4:49 AM
Dec 3, 2023 10:43 AM

Oct 2009
Another perfect episode, with "everything's back to normal", and juggling everyone's perspectives on their respective positions, and even some racing at the end. Tokumaru really needs to find his center and resolve, but at the same time he just puts on display how people can win even if they're not actually the best.

Sae-chan, please, nothing worth stealing in Madoka's apartment??? That's just bad even as a joke, you two were married, you should be well aware of how frickin' expensive all that camera equipment is, come on.... and on that note, Madoka really should be less absentminded about locking his place up.

Haru still has the sexiest grid girl too. Pfft. xD
Dec 3, 2023 10:53 AM
Aug 2021
KANLen09 said:
Komaki Motors without Haruka is a waste with the F4 car sitting in the garage, but him turning Belsorriso down, it's probably for the best.

Haruka's trip to Tohoku, it certainly is a long-winded story about Kouya, but the most important thing is that Haruka wants to take it one step at a time and slowly going pro, there is no rush. Saeki coming to see her ex to see how he fares now, she certainly has her regrets that with Haruka, clears up their marriage's misunderstandings about each other. Even Toshiki feels like driving together with Haruka only backfires his performance while Satsuki continues his rehab with Alice, because he doesn't want to stop at F4 and go all the way to F1. To Ena, Haruka is the only one who can give Toshiki a push as well, not the other replacement drivers like Yuitani.

On the Suzuka racecourse, Haruka starts 14th, as well as both Belsorriso drivers Yuitani and Toshiki in the top 2 places, though the former lost his grip and lagged behind while the latter waited for Haruka to attack his 1st place spot for a fighting finish. But as soon as his tyres start giving way, Haruka subsequently lost the podium's spot.

Never Say Never...though when will Haruka ever climb his way up to the winner's podium?

I think a podium is bound to happen, it’s just which place will Haruka be? 1st, 2nd, or 3rd (with our No.1 talented playboy back on grid), this will be quite an important choice for the story.

Saeki said in this episode that race is race and proposal is proposal, would be fun if they decide to do a ‘oh this has totally not aged well moment’ where she ends up so excited and repropose marriage to Kouya when Haruka finally succeeds 😂
Dec 3, 2023 11:02 AM

Jul 2009
Reply to ZXSHAWN01
KANLen09 said:

I think a podium is bound to happen, it’s just which place will Haruka be? 1st, 2nd, or 3rd (with our No.1 talented playboy back on grid), this will be quite an important choice for the story.

Saeki said in this episode that race is race and proposal is proposal, would be fun if they decide to do a ‘oh this has totally not aged well moment’ where she ends up so excited and repropose marriage to Kouya when Haruka finally succeeds 😂
ZXSHAWN01 said:

Aww I'd love them to do that! <3
Dec 3, 2023 11:54 AM
Mar 2020
Oh wow, I would love to see Saeko and Kouya getting back together, I hope it happens.

Anyway, from 14th to 2nd then back to 5th(?) is probably expected since of course he pushed those tires to the absolute limit and ate all the kerbs, if he qualified at least 7th ot 8th then we got ourself a proper race with Tokumaru.

And it means Tokumaru is mediocre, I do think Satsuki has stronger mindset and focus than him.

And talking about Satsuki, I think I truly hate seeing Alice still trying to get close to him, I can't wait for Satsuki to reject Alice tbh, she's cringe, she needs to get her act together at the very least.
Dec 3, 2023 1:03 PM
Aug 2020
it was a good episode

the choice is weird but ok...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Dec 3, 2023 2:09 PM

May 2015
Yes, Haruka sticking with Komaki Motors was predictable, considering the feel of the show. I'm not disappointed, and hope someone will sponsor them after all. It really seems like it's the only major obstacle for Haruka so far.

Tokumaru acted somewhat unprofessional there, no? Putting another teammate on the spot like that without even practising this arrangement before. He gives off heavy jelly vibes, and kinda makes you want not to root for him. The other racer, who is in the hospital is way more likeable even though he seemed more like a cliché poster boy at first.
Dec 3, 2023 4:06 PM

May 2019
Man if Komaki Motors had not lost that sponsor they would've had better tires which would've helped Haruka for sure. Hopefully they'll either find another sponsor or will figure out a way to overcome the tire issue since Haruka is so close to reaching the podium.
Dec 3, 2023 4:54 PM

Apr 2022
welp, not this time huh.
Dec 4, 2023 4:46 AM
Sep 2021
Haruka is giving his best shot to win but accidents/hindrances keeps on coming to him sadly.
Dec 4, 2023 6:34 PM

Oct 2017
DAMN, Haruka didn't win. i was hoping at least 3rd place.
Dec 4, 2023 8:25 PM
Oct 2017
Oh look Formula Racing anime has Formula Racing

Haruka shouldn't had a chance if it weren't for everyone's mistakes tbh lmao. tho he was kissing the edge so much so it felt like the other drivers are just on easy mode NPC.
Dec 6, 2023 10:33 AM

Aug 2019
Seriously, those tires ruined the opportunity.
Dec 8, 2023 12:36 AM
Jun 2022
man, Haruka got really close to get a podium there.. well they probably save the Podium finish for the last 2 episode.
oh and Sae should re engage with Kouya LOL.

and dude, Kouya setup is a dream LOL, A9 with 200-600 G master..
Dec 8, 2023 7:02 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Losing the race because of the tires...that's frustrating, he had a great occasion to win :/
Dec 8, 2023 9:09 PM

Jan 2017
And another episode where Haruka almost made it to the podium teehee
But we only got two episodes left so we might be seeing him win very soon..
Dec 10, 2023 10:13 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The tires have been the key!
kekeke
Dec 10, 2023 11:40 AM

Sep 2020
Practice was at Fuji but race was at Suzuka? Did they skip an entire race without acknowledging it or did the showrunners just completely forget what they were doing?
Feb 4, 12:57 PM
Jan 2024
stunning anime, good animation

More topics from this board

Poll: » Overtake! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2023

79 by JNFuruba »»
Apr 21, 5:49 AM

Poll: » Overtake! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2023

51 by demonreaper24 »»
Apr 19, 9:48 AM

Poll: » Overtake! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2023

77 by Destroyer31 »»
Apr 18, 9:17 AM

Poll: » Overtake! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 12, 2023

54 by Destroyer31 »»
Apr 18, 8:35 AM

Poll: » Overtake! Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2023

43 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 22, 4:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.