Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
Oct 31, 2023 9:48 PM

Apr 2020

Seems we'll see Chihaya in uni and some new characters too
Oct 31, 2023 10:30 PM

Mar 2021
it might not be based on chihaya's life in university, but more likely her child. the kid with the glasses looks like a combination of her and
Oct 31, 2023 11:31 PM

Mar 2021
Reply to Potatoboy11
it might not be based on chihaya's life in university, but more likely her child. the kid with the glasses looks like a combination of her and
@Potatoboy11 From the text on the published cover, Chihaya may appear as an alumnus of the club, but I don't think her child will.

Because this is right after Chihaya graduates, right?

Oct 31, 2023 11:35 PM

Mar 2021
kihel said:
@Potatoboy11 From the text on the published cover, Chihaya may appear as an alumnus of the club, but I don't think her child will.

three characters of this cover resemble some main characters. I highly doubt this will take place in university.
Oct 31, 2023 11:44 PM

Mar 2021
Reply to Potatoboy11
kihel said:

three characters of this cover resemble some main characters. I highly doubt this will take place in university.
@Potatoboy11 I'm Japanese, so I can read the details on this image, but this new series is about the karuta club at Mizusawa High School after Chihaya and her friends graduate.

So the new characters in this image are first-year high school students.

We are not talking about college students.

Oct 31, 2023 11:47 PM

Mar 2021
kihel said:
@Potatoboy11 I'm Japanese, so I can read the details on this image, but this new series is about the karuta club at Mizusawa High School after Chihaya and her friends graduate.

So the new characters in this image are first-year high school students.

We are not talking about college students.

if you can read japanese. could you translate what's on the cover. i'd like to get a better understanding.
Oct 31, 2023 11:50 PM

Mar 2021
To summarize the statement

In order from the top.

Long-awaited new series
Popular youth karuta manga
Chihayafuru returns with another story: !!!!!

Chihayafuru, the youth karuta manga, is back!
The main character this time is Nagara-kun, a first-year student.
This time, the main character is a first-year student, Nagara-kun, who wants to play karuta as hard as he can,
But he also has a lot of worries...!
What will happen to the Mizusawakaruta club after Chihaya and the others graduate?

Chihayafuru plus Kimimimasuke Yuki Suetsugu

Oct 31, 2023 11:52 PM

Mar 2021
Comic Natalie also published an article about it, so I'll include it here as well.

Yuki Suetsugu's "Chihayafuru" sequel new serial "Chihayafuru plus Kimimasuke" will start in the January 2024 issue of BE・LOVE (Kodansha), on sale December 1.

Chihayafuru" is a coming-of-age story about friendship, love, and growth of high school students who are passionate about competitive karuta, serialized in BE LOVE from 2007 to 2022, and published in 50 volumes. Chihayafuru plus Kimiminasuke" is set in the Mizusawa karuta club after the graduation of Chihaya and his friends, and tells the story of a new first-year boy, Nagara Rintsu, who aims to win the national high school tournament in Mizusawa, where there is only one A-level player left.

Oct 31, 2023 11:54 PM

Mar 2021
kihel said:

In order from the top.

Long-awaited new series

This time, the main character is a first-year student, Nagara-kun, who wants to play karuta as hard as he can,
What will happen to the Mizusawakaruta club after Chihaya and the others graduate?

I guess we'll have to wait and see if it's going to take place right after the prequel or there's gonna be a timeskip.

also I just remembered that chihaya is trying to be a teacher. it would make sense if there was time skip.
Oct 31, 2023 11:58 PM

Mar 2021
Reply to Potatoboy11
kihel said:

In order from the top.

Long-awaited new series

I guess we'll have to wait and see if it's going to take place right after the prequel or there's gonna be a timeskip.

also I just remembered that chihaya is trying to be a teacher. it would make sense if there was time skip.
@Potatoboy11  As for Chihaya, I think there is a good chance he will appear in the sequel since he will be returning for his teaching internship to become a teacher.

As for the setting, since the main character is a boy newly entering his first year of high school, I'd say he'll start in April, right after volume 50 ends.

Nov 1, 2023 3:02 AM

Aug 2020
I wonder if this will be another love triangle based but I hope that old characters appears every now and then in the series :)
Nov 1, 2023 2:32 PM

Oct 2017
Great news, just wonder how much time will have passed since the end of chihayafuru and the begining of this one.
Nov 1, 2023 6:23 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to Lavi_kun
I wonder if this will be another love triangle based but I hope that old characters appears every now and then in the series :)
@Lavi_kun If it's a typical sequel that just reinvents the old story with new characters, then yes.
Nov 1, 2023 6:25 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to kihel
@Potatoboy11  As for Chihaya, I think there is a good chance he will appear in the sequel since he will be returning for his teaching internship to become a teacher.

As for the setting, since the main character is a boy newly entering his first year of high school, I'd say he'll start in April, right after volume 50 ends.
@kihel So, the new characters are not directly related to the original cast, just new students in the main characters' karuta club after they graduate?
Nov 1, 2023 6:58 PM

Mar 2021
Reply to RobertBobert
@kihel So, the new characters are not directly related to the original cast, just new students in the main characters' karuta club after they graduate?
@RobertBobert

Basically, I think the story will proceed with the new characters plus the characters who were 2nd and 1st year students as of the last volume of "Chihayafuru".

As for the new characters, it is currently unclear if they are related to the three old main characters.

I don't think there was any mention of the old three having younger siblings, so if they are related by blood, it would be at the level of cousins or relatives.

Well, the author seems to be quite concerned about reader popularity, so I think there is a possibility that the three old protagonists will appear at some stage in the story.

Many fans of this work in MAL are hoping that the children of the three old protagonists will make an appearance, but isn't that impossible in terms of the time setting of the sequel work?

Personally, I think that possibility is at the level of whether or not they will appear as a later story in this sequel.

Nov 1, 2023 8:12 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to kihel
@RobertBobert

Basically, I think the story will proceed with the new characters plus the characters who were 2nd and 1st year students as of the last volume of "Chihayafuru".

As for the new characters, it is currently unclear if they are related to the three old main characters.

I don't think there was any mention of the old three having younger siblings, so if they are related by blood, it would be at the level of cousins or relatives.

Well, the author seems to be quite concerned about reader popularity, so I think there is a possibility that the three old protagonists will appear at some stage in the story.

Many fans of this work in MAL are hoping that the children of the three old protagonists will make an appearance, but isn't that impossible in terms of the time setting of the sequel work?

Personally, I think that possibility is at the level of whether or not they will appear as a later story in this sequel.
@kihel I think the key question is how many years passed between the ending of the original manga and the beginning of this one. Perhaps the author is creating some kind of intrigue about the origin of new heroes, but this is pure speculation. Anyway, Fruits Basket and Kimi no Todoke already had related spin-offs, so that's what I'm going with.
Nov 1, 2023 10:46 PM

Mar 2021
Reply to RobertBobert
@kihel I think the key question is how many years passed between the ending of the original manga and the beginning of this one. Perhaps the author is creating some kind of intrigue about the origin of new heroes, but this is pure speculation. Anyway, Fruits Basket and Kimi no Todoke already had related spin-offs, so that's what I'm going with.
@RobertBobert  There is already official information about the time lapse between the original and the sequel! Why do all the people who write comments on MAL, who are supposed to like the work, think that years have passed? If they like the work, wouldn't they check the information properly?

The sequel takes place after Chihaya graduated, so it hasn't been many years. Chihaya and her friends graduated in March and the story begins in April, which is about 30 days after the original.Even if it does not start in April, the sequel's main character is written as a new first-year student, so the story will take place within a year of Chihaya's graduation.
kihelNov 1, 2023 11:02 PM

Nov 1, 2023 11:27 PM
Jan 2014
That was an extra chapter before focusing in Hanano but presenting these new members of Mizusawa karuta club. The special ended with they qualifying to nationals again, so probably the new series will start from this point.

Also it's obvious we will see the characters from the original series from time to time. I mean, Chihaya and Arata are Queen and Meijin, so at least they will appear in events and tournaments as Shinobu did before. Also, even in Kyoto, Taichi will try to aim to become the challenger again, it's implied during the match against Arata that Taichi would be a worthy karuta rival for Arata for life.
Nov 2, 2023 3:10 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to kihel
@RobertBobert  There is already official information about the time lapse between the original and the sequel! Why do all the people who write comments on MAL, who are supposed to like the work, think that years have passed? If they like the work, wouldn't they check the information properly?

The sequel takes place after Chihaya graduated, so it hasn't been many years. Chihaya and her friends graduated in March and the story begins in April, which is about 30 days after the original.Even if it does not start in April, the sequel's main character is written as a new first-year student, so the story will take place within a year of Chihaya's graduation.
@kihel I understand perfectly well what you wanted to say, but “after graduation” itself does not necessarily mean in the same year after graduation. The author can just as well start the story from a new academic year a year, two, three, etc. later, and it will still be at the beginning of the new school year after Chihaya graduates. But this is not that important. You could simply answer "I think the same year they ended the original manga." That's it, the issue is resolved. Don't take it so personally.
RobertBobertNov 2, 2023 3:29 AM
Jan 2, 3:34 AM
Nov 2019
I would like to see more of Taichi and Chihaya's relationship,the progress and development of it but I don't understand why they do this nowadays,bringing sequels or Prequels to everything that is popular. You could of just continued Chihayafuru instead of ending it and starting the same thing again as a new series.

More topics from this board

» Problem with this manga.

Suiely_c-ute - Mar 22

3 by Suiely_c-ute »»
Mar 28, 7:51 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Chapter 247 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

MaahHeim - Jul 31, 2022

197 by chiakimagoto »»
Mar 18, 1:31 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Chapter 205 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2018

79 by Zooincle »»
Oct 31, 2023 9:39 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Chapter 134 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2014

15 by Zooincle »»
Oct 29, 2023 9:23 PM

» How does the manga compare to the anime? (NO SPOILERS)

TsutanaiFuun - Jul 21, 2023

2 by Nirinbo »»
Jul 21, 2023 10:09 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.