Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 28, 2010 11:30 PM

Mar 2010
Is it really a bad thing?

What would you do for it? Me: Just about anything. As long as I really am god, not just some powerful deity working for some higher power. Like, no strings attached, no time limit, no restrictions: Once you do this, you do what ever you want. Rewind time before you had to do this insane act, but still have your godly powers? Go ahead. whats done is done. You're god, you do what you want with it. But would you still do it? Me? I'm pretty fucked up. I'll rape my family, then laugh while I'm carving a picture of their skeleton into their skins. I'm fine with restarting the holocaust, if it means I can become god and just be able to change it, or just make a whole new world and start with that. And the question repeats: Would you do it? Would you do some dastardly thing that goes against your beliefs for the sure-fire ability to change it all?
"Life...It's the most difficult videogame I've ever played, with the most advanced enemy AI, too many events and quests constantly updated, and for over 16 years so far, i haven't found any save point D: I have yet to beat this game. I've looked up for some cheat codes, but most of them involve finding some kind of herbal items, and none of them really maxes out stats or gives invincibility."
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
May 28, 2010 11:40 PM

Aug 2008
It's OK to be like God... however... to actually be God? Hehe, good luck on that. :p
Click on this. I dare you. | MAL Fantasy Football League | Currently Watching List

RWBY Club. RWBY is anime. Deal with it.

May 28, 2010 11:45 PM

Jun 2009
Becoming a god. What are the steps one would need to take to achieve such goal. I guess a better question is what are you wiling to sacrifice for that. Also how would you wish to obtain your power? Going Hellion or Angelic, assuming I am only choosing between those. Or perhaps summon something up?

Although personally, there are too many people I would be afraid to loose. Would I become a god as punishment for sacrificing myself for them, as an exchange. In a heartbeat. But I wouldn't personally seek it out.

Is it a bad thing. It is here for there. Depends on how you do it. Don't be a fool.

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
May 29, 2010 2:20 AM

Mar 2009
What can I say? That'd be fucking awesome.. but of course, there's a hefty price to pay for that.
May 29, 2010 11:41 PM

Apr 2010
That's stupid. Any price you would have to pay to become God, you could make back up with your god power.
May 29, 2010 11:46 PM

Jul 2008
Haha..i imagine struggling to become a god, and going through the rigorous trials that it would take to achieve it..and then after simply sitting in front of a computer and watch anime all day..while making snacks magically appear..i do get to live forever lol
May 30, 2010 12:10 AM

Apr 2010
This thread begs for a definition of God. Everyone is answering with something separate from the Christian God.
May 30, 2010 1:16 AM

Dec 2009
haruhi

that is all
May 30, 2010 1:44 AM
Nov 2008
You'd need quite a resume to consider such a career choice.
May 30, 2010 2:00 AM

Nov 2009
As long as it isn't very painful or lenghty, I'd do anything to become like God.
Earth gets angry after a kick in the face.
May 30, 2010 2:10 AM
Mar 2008
Well, if it is as you said, "Like no strings attached, no time limit, no restrictions: Once you do this, you do what ever you want. Rewind time before you had to do this insane act, but still have your godly powers? Go ahead,"

then why not? I could always undo whatever I did, after I've become the almighty God, right? :-)
May 30, 2010 3:51 AM
May 2010
Meh. It'd be fun for awhile, but it's way too much of a hassle. As a god you're essentially going to be at the whim of your worshipers...

1) If you don't do enough to please them, they'll soon grow disillusioned and forget about you. Who will praise your divine works then? Who will even care that you exist?
2) If on the other hand, you force them to believe in you, then they'll have no free will. You might as well be worshiped by Lego men at that point. The fun in being a god is really to bend the will of people who have free will.
3) If nothing is a challenge and you understand it all, then life will get boring pretty quickly.
4) Eternity is a really long time...pretty sure you'll run out of ideas at some point.

That said, you might as well be mortal. Life really is more vivid.
May 30, 2010 4:06 AM

Mar 2010
I think i like being a god but not the god people pray to because i dont really believe in him. Not that i believe in other gods but well:p Multiple gods are more fun, gotta have democratie.

But maybe being something like satan is better because people think god is a good thing it sucks if i had awesome powers i woul abuse them :p So a satanic being is more appropriate.

May 30, 2010 5:08 AM

Feb 2005
zharnotczar said:
This thread begs for a definition of God.
Exactly.

It's not hard becoming a god at all, since it's such a loosely defined term, you could become one as long as that's what everyone though you were. Just pick up a bunch of high tech gadgets and find some backwards people who had never seen such "powers" before, and you would probably be easily able to convince them.

The whole term is pretty much used to describe a being of magnificent powers that far exceeds our own, so it's all pretty much relative, you could be a god in one place and a normal guy in another place at the same time.
May 30, 2010 5:12 AM

Dec 2007
Remember that movie where a guy with a miserable life got the powers of god and the first thing he did was to make his life awesome?

The world died in the middle of the movie. Even if you're god your actions always bring consequences.

Only a responsible adult should be allowed to be god.
Waratte Oemashou Sore ha Chiisana Inori
May 30, 2010 5:34 AM

May 2009
No. It's too much responsibility. People take our ability to be able to lack responsibility for granted. Though being powerful sounds good, I wouldn't want to be God ever.
<!--link--><a href="http://myanimelist.net/animelist/angelfire892&sclick=1">
Being sane is over rated :)
May 30, 2010 5:35 AM

Mar 2009
dpjdm said:
haruhi

that is all

I wouldn't want that.
May 30, 2010 8:30 AM

Nov 2009
ladyxzeus said:
Remember that movie where a guy with a miserable life got the powers of god and the first thing he did was to make his life awesome?

The world died in the middle of the movie. Even if you're god your actions always bring consequences.

Only a responsible adult should be allowed to be god.
Hahaha...hmm.

If it really was for all eternity, I highly doubt any human being alive could pull off being responsible forever. They'd probably just turn into a mindless slob one day or another.
And like others have said. This really does depend on the definition of god we're discussing here.

May 30, 2010 10:05 AM

Oct 2009
Good luck with that.
May 30, 2010 11:05 AM

Apr 2010
I'm going to work as hard as I can for the rest of my life to go insane enough to believe whole heartedly that I am God.
May 30, 2010 11:22 AM

May 2010
I'll pass, thanks. If I had that kind of power, I would fear for myself.
May 30, 2010 12:07 PM

Dec 2009
I jusr remembered Evan Almighty.
Well, you may be able to make a monkey come out of someone's arse, but being God is no picnic. I think.

May 30, 2010 12:19 PM

Jun 2008
Never going to happen. You were made by God in the first place, you are one of billions and billions of people living on earth. Yet, each one of us is the most important thing that God has ever created. That's why he sent his son to die for us, because we deserve punishment for our sins, Jesus took our place and suffered for us. So instead of worrying about becoming God, we should love and appreciate the one we have. By accepting his son into our lives. :)
May 30, 2010 12:30 PM

Apr 2010
Retro8bit said:
Never going to happen. You were made by God in the first place, you are one of billions and billions of people living on earth. Yet, each one of us is the most important thing that God has ever created. That's why he sent his son to die for us, because we deserve punishment for our sins, Jesus took our place and suffered for us. So instead of worrying about becoming God, we should love and appreciate the one we have. By accepting his son into our lives. :)

i lol'd so hard XD
May 30, 2010 12:41 PM

Jun 2008
Sounds like OP had a rough life with his family.
May 30, 2010 12:46 PM

Apr 2010
Retro8bit said:
You're suggesting we don't speculate for the sake of knowledge?
May 30, 2010 5:44 PM

Feb 2005
Retro8bit said:
If your weak god existed, it would be our duty to topple him and seize his throne for ourselves, like Cronus did with Uranus. A soft bellied old man who sacrifice his son like that and even care at all about the stumbles of us mortals is clearly not fit for the top of the food chain. Progress cannot be stopped, evolution always drives us forwards.
And if we too should be overthrown by our own creations, like Cronus was by Zeus, then so be it, might makes right after all. Hopefully we'd have learned enough from the stories of antiquity to destroy our minions the moment they pose a threat rather than locking them down in some dungeon or going all vore on them. That Cronus was one disgusting fellow.

And this Jesus guy is a joke, with petty magic tricks like making blind men see and turning water to wine. Thor would smash him to pieces, the Old Ones would do something...terrible to him, and Khorne would rip his skull out to adorn his throne with. Unless Gork/Mork got there first of course, though they'd probably just take the teeth anyhow.
BamanMay 30, 2010 5:48 PM
May 30, 2010 5:53 PM

Aug 2009
are you kidding? personally, i'd do anything to become a god.

too bad this isn't hocus pocus and there's no magical witchery
May 30, 2010 6:23 PM

May 2010
The God of the lower Gods? Could be fun.

What is the definition of a God?

We will probably never know that, and if we don't know what it is, how will we achieve it and how will we know when we've finished rising high enough to be a God?

Is it possible to become a God? Or is there already a God who nobody knows of? Is God someone we already know? Will God let someone take his place?

If you mean that you can just become God without doing anything to achieve it, what would you be proud of? You didn't put blood, sweat and tears into the ultimate aspiration of being God, where will your pride be?

What kind of God? We only know two- demonic and angelic. Heavenly and hellish, what is the ultimate power? Do we know which one is evil? Do we know which to trust? Can we replace these Gods? Can these Gods die? Are they immortal? Are they constantly replaced, yet we don't know it? Are there other kinds of Gods, unlike demonic or angelic, hellish or heavenly, an ultimate force? Is there such thing as a God? Who has more power?

Too many questions means to many strings attached.

This puts a downer on this question.

Too many questions, too little answers.
May 30, 2010 10:47 PM

Mar 2010
All those points taken. As for the popular question, what kind of god, I don't mean Christan. I'm not a Christan, so I wouldn't really know how that god would be like. Anyways, I'm talking as in the Creator kind of god. The one who can make anything happen. Not the kind that have to sacrifice some person to make everyone happy, the kind of god who can make people happy just because he/she wanted to. Or not wanted to, which ever flows. Also: Morals are a human thing. Hypothetically, I looking at this as if I am god,and I really wish I was. Am I evil? I would decide that. Am I good? I will also decide that. For some reason, you guys seem to want to know what kind of god you would become. Like you're all ready deciding that you would be evil or good or just plan messed up. That wasn't what I was asking. I just want to know if you are willing to do so, no matter what you would have to do in order to become it. I have my reason for asking this, and I really don't like to have to see this thread as a battle zone for religious aspect.

In a simple way that I told my sister, Would you be willing to be the author of the book YOU wanted to write, that not a copy of a bible, quran, tapestry, and any other written document? (Yes, I really said all of that to my sister. She's ten. I'm trying to make her lose her faith in Christianity, but thats another story.)
"Life...It's the most difficult videogame I've ever played, with the most advanced enemy AI, too many events and quests constantly updated, and for over 16 years so far, i haven't found any save point D: I have yet to beat this game. I've looked up for some cheat codes, but most of them involve finding some kind of herbal items, and none of them really maxes out stats or gives invincibility."
May 31, 2010 3:34 AM
Nov 2009
There's a certain religion that's popular in the mid west of the United States that teaches it followers that they can become a god and create their own planets and shit like that. I say it's too much responsibility so f*** it

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.