Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 27, 2010 8:45 PM

Jun 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
a fabulous beat down

RtheO
Jun 10, 2010 1:16 PM

Aug 2009
I knew it! It was obvious that the kid (Amanuma) wouldn't stay dead. But then again, it's also completely fair. I mean, it's not like he tried to destroy the world or anything... oh, wait.
"I know about people who talk about suffering for the common good. It's never bloody them! When you hear a man shouting "Forward, brave comrades!" you'll see he's the one behind the bloody big rock and the one wearing the only really arrow-proof helmet!"

-- Rincewind gives a speech on politics. (Terry Pratchett, Interesting Times)
Sep 25, 2010 8:56 AM

May 2009
So Sensui was good after all...
"The weak get washed away by the tides of fate...The strong drink it up."-Godot
Oct 5, 2010 3:07 PM

Mar 2010
going back to the human realm

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Aug 10, 2011 1:24 PM

Mar 2010
Finally a good arc that does not drag on like the Dark Tournament did.
Jan 2, 2012 7:40 PM

Feb 2009
Great beating there!
Jul 16, 2013 11:00 PM

May 2012
Hehe, I thought he will say that he will stay at the demon realm..
Aug 24, 2014 7:38 AM

Dec 2012
I can't say I felt for Sensui the same way I did for Toguro, but he was a far more interesting villain. That finale was awesome and now I have a feeling the big shot demons will be surfacing as a result of this incident. I'm a bit bummed out that the kid was brought back to life though since that episode left a big impression earlier.
Feb 4, 2015 7:14 AM

Sep 2014
Omg, why is this show always ass-pulling the villian story at the end of the arc? pfft

Also this boy survived, yadayada. Nobody ever dies beside the bad guys, how exciting. All hard decisions for the characters are made pointless later on. I'm disappointed by this conclusion.
Apr 25, 2015 4:48 AM

Aug 2013
Certain villains should never deserve getting a hero's send-off, and Shinobu Sensui would be one.

Everything was made rather senseless as greater depth was attempted to be added to him in order for his actions to seem more rational and relatable.
Nov 29, 2016 2:43 AM

Dec 2014
They can't even keep the kid that nobody cares about dead. Why kill off anyone if they're just going to get revived?
Apr 28, 2017 8:19 PM

Dec 2013
Sad to see Sensui go.

Fight was fun to watch.
Jun 22, 2017 11:48 PM

Sep 2015
I feel like Yusuke is gonna meet his ancestor and settle the score one day.
Jun 28, 2017 9:06 AM
Nov 2015
Yuusuke is so virile. Keiko must be glad when she marries him. Or will she? Won't it be Kuwabara?
Jun 28, 2017 9:12 AM
Nov 2015
FKKKKKKKKKKK

Now that Sensui has fallen to this shit state, Yuusuke still makes concessions and is worried that Sensui will be killed by his powerful ball.
HE DON'T WANT TO GET HIS HAND DIRTIED.

OH MY GOD FUKKKKKKK this "To kill or not to kill" subplot has gone from so much potential to STINKING TO HIGH HEAVEN.
Sean_NessmanJun 28, 2017 9:45 AM
Jun 28, 2017 9:18 AM
Nov 2015
REMATCH MY FOOOOOOOOT.
Why is it always have to be you and you alone who has the previlege to fight?? Why must everyone obey your words and fight you fairly? Why must the world which is on the verge of destruction wait for your fukkkkking stupid dumbass shitty brain to be satisfied of fighting??

FUK OFF//////

WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTT????

Incurable disease? half month to live? My penis!

OH FUCCCCCCCCCCCCC the kid is brought back to life
Jun 28, 2017 9:25 AM
Nov 2015
"Makai is the home of the demons I killed, without knowing better"? What?

So does just seeing some demons get slaughtered negate the fact that other demons are bad, are deserving of punishment?? Does it prove that all demons are good??

What? Is? This? Shit?
Jun 28, 2017 9:30 AM
Nov 2015
"My real goal is to die in the demon realm, and killed by a demon at that"

KCUF KCUF KCUF KCUF

Go die alone. Open a 2 meter wide hole you jerk. Don't drag the whole world down with you. Don't go act like a fukking pedophile and trick a gamer kid.
And why the fukkk don't you go find the most badass S-class demon to devour you? Why the fukkkk did u take yr time fighting Kuwabara Hiei and Kurama.

Why the fukkk do you need to explain your "motive" to an audience. Why don't you just go die? What do other things even matter after you die? Why the fukkk do you suddenly need other pp to understand and feel for you.

GO DIE QUIETLY FUKKKER.
Sean_NessmanJun 28, 2017 9:50 AM
Jun 28, 2017 9:32 AM
Nov 2015
FUK FUK the dramatic lightning and thunder when Sensui dies.

FUK IT ALL.

A planewreck.
Jan 12, 2018 9:16 PM

Dec 2012
Why Sensui doesn't say anything about Itsuki? lol

Feb 8, 2018 4:21 AM

Oct 2012
Sensui's reasoning is kinda cliche unlike Toguro

That was kinda a romantic ending for Shinobu.. in a way.. no homo xD
"Signature removed"
Oct 10, 2018 2:37 PM

Nov 2016
Rip Sensui, they made his last moments very memorable.

So next arc they're going against Yusukes ancestor ?

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 11, 2018 4:20 PM

Nov 2012
FMmatron said:
Rip Sensui, they made his last moments very memorable.

So next arc they're going against Yusukes ancestor ?

Don't expect much from him or you'll be dissapointed.
May 17, 2019 8:41 PM

Jul 2017
This ending was just terrible. Sensui became a second-rate Toguro at the last moment. I don't know what the hell that was about him having a terminal illness and wanting to die in the demon world. Also, this episode implies that Sensui's soul was in his body in a way that others' were not. Yusuke's body remained on Earth while his soul went to Spirit World. Why would Koenma need Sensui's body? How can that green-haired guy take do anything with Sensui's soul?

I'm actually glad the kid came back to life. That was fine. Sensui planning around Koenma doing it was pretty absurd though.
Jun 2, 2019 7:38 PM
Apr 2016
Well, a lot happened this episode. Yuusuke looked really bizarre after transforming, and weird, some weird demon transformed him. Since Sensui was S class-strenght, then I guess transformed Yuusuke was SS class? Koenma did mention that demons have no limit in their strenght. While Sensui tried to justify himself, he really didn't, he was still the villain, unlike Toguro.
Oct 14, 2019 2:31 PM

Jun 2015
pacuuuuu3 said:
So Sensui was good after all...

Well he was chaotic neutral like Toguro
Switch_ZOct 14, 2019 2:36 PM
Oct 14, 2019 2:37 PM

Jun 2015
Sean_Nessman said:
"My real goal is to die in the demon realm, and killed by a demon at that"

KCUF KCUF KCUF KCUF

Go die alone. Open a 2 meter wide hole you jerk. Don't drag the whole world down with you. Don't go act like a fukking pedophile and trick a gamer kid.
And why the fukkk don't you go find the most badass S-class demon to devour you? Why the fukkkk did u take yr time fighting Kuwabara Hiei and Kurama.

Why the fukkk do you need to explain your "motive" to an audience. Why don't you just go die? What do other things even matter after you die? Why the fukkk do you suddenly need other pp to understand and feel for you.

GO DIE QUIETLY FUKKKER.

Jesus, you're going to get an ulcer taking it serious like that
Apr 30, 2020 12:32 PM

Mar 2020
Dude crying about the Yokai he killed when literally just last episode he was blowing them up cause they were interrupting his fight lmfao

Overall, this was definitely the best arc in the series. I don't know why people hype the Dark Tournament over this one.
even Sensui was a much more enjoyable character and villain than Toguro.

The only bad thing about this arc was how it ended. Sensui getting the hero send off and Yusuke going super saiyan.
also that whiney kid getting revived was kinda annoying.
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Sep 10, 2020 2:05 AM

Apr 2020
I definitely liked Sesnsui over Toguro.
Ah yes, no "good" character can die in this sereis, Amamanuma is back.
Why do they always keep reviving people.
--AbiSa--
Sep 24, 2020 4:54 AM
Jul 2018
FINALLYYYYYYYYY!!! IT ENDED \o/ I CAN'T BELIEVE IT

And, yes, Yuu Yuu Hakusho ended up into a DBZ nonsense style of entertainment (fight for fight, for honor and/or for power growth), but this kind of stuff was pretty popular and makes most of animes at the time succeed in 90s and early 2000s.
It was kind of pattern that made a shounen be considered "real shounen" by the audience/public back on those days...

So, although I don't like the lengthy outcome of Chapter Black saga, I tried to be very understanding when watching the last chapters, besides I wonder if it was Togashi's real intention to prolong this much or if it was his editors' intention to do so in the YYH narrative.
removed-userSep 24, 2020 5:11 AM
Jan 12, 2021 4:46 AM

Dec 2007
really love how they ended sunsui's life, though i have some suspicious about itsuki's intentions ><

for a second i thought yusuke gonna stay, it actually could be interesting :p
Aug 12, 2021 11:04 PM

Aug 2018
Sensui is dead.. and now Yusuke is more than op...

Jan 5, 2023 4:28 PM

Sep 2021
This wrap up to the arc seemed pretty rushed. Overall, I did prefer it over the Dark Tournament arc, but this episode was a little disappointing.
Dec 21, 2023 11:27 AM

Nov 2012
yoko saiyan 3 is here!

this reminded me I actually had seen this as a "spoiler" some time ago in Jump Force, but at least managed to make myself forget about it lol.

I don't like how how there's like another presence with this form and Yusuke supposedly lost himself for a bit, I didn't mind the voice of his ancestor waking up the form within him, but the way they did it was like it wasn't Yusuke's own power and was instead more like his ancestor awakening himself within Yusuke. "Took over his consciousness" is even what they say, I wasn't a fan of that at all.

idc that sensui was dying of some illness lmao, what a load of shit, to get us feel bad for him at the end...like we weren't rooting for his defeat the entire time. Surely the notion of defeating him without killing him was ridiculous.

& why the hell would Koenma revive that kid? Seems like Togashi really was super adverse to killing anyone in this series.

netlfix says one more episode til next season, and next is an epilogue ep, so I guess there is a final arc...idunno why I thought the Sensui arc was the last one.
JVskunkapeDec 21, 2023 11:48 AM
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Feb 3, 7:48 PM

Mar 2022
Alright the fight’s over, finally. For what it’s worth I did enjoy the Chapter Black saga for the most part it’s just the ending I feel was hastily written and was pretty bad as a conclusion. I guess the next episode will wrap things up but I really do wonder what they will do for the next couple of episodes seeing as we don’t have many left now. Can’t say I feel the same way for Sensui as a villain like I did for Young Toguro in the Dark Tournament saga but I will say that he was far from boring at the very least.

So now we are pretty much going back to the human realm so maybe we’ll get a break in the following episode but we’ll wait and see for now this arc was pretty good but again the ending could’ve been a lot better.
Mar 21, 5:32 PM

Oct 2023
I liked the fight, but...

Obviously Amanuma wasn't going to be actually dead. We didn't see him stop breathing or get his body destroyed, and as clear as it may've been he wasn't completely gone, I don't see why we needed to have Koenma step in to revive him. It was already a forced inclusion having the game he replicated explicitly state the villain dies when the player wins. This was a step too far in the opposite direction of what was meant to be a very important moment for Kurama, despite that development not entirely being lost.

Sensui's speech works, at least for me. However, the inclusion of this totally out of nowhere revelation that he has some sort of cancer/disease is really fucking stupid. It added absolutely nothing to what was going on before now, and actually sort of reduces the impact of the idea he wanted to die of his own accord at the hands of a yokai. He couldn't have possibly known that Yusuke was harboring this kind of power, and according to what he said earlier on, he really only wanted to fight him because he was Koenma's next pick as spirit detective. Just an overall sloppy resolution to what started out as a great new threat to come after Toguro. It's also a shame we only got to see three of the seven personalities that he had.

The final part of this that rubs me the wrong way is Yusuke wanting to return to the human world. Why!? He should be absolutely livid! He has not real relation to this ancestor of his, and priority number one really ought to be him seeking this guy out for a proper duel. He took away the one thing that was the lynchpin in his forward momentum throughout this arc: his will to fight! This is the same motivating factor that ended up creating a deeper ambition in all of our main cast, and seemingly none of them have an interest in seeing Yusuke reach an apt conclusion to what really happened here.

With just under twenty episodes left, I know that not everything is meant to be resolved so quickly, but I highly doubt this will end the way it should. This arc was decently enjoyable, but several steps backwards from what the Dark Tournament had going on.
PlasticRobotMar 21, 5:36 PM
Mar 23, 5:30 AM

Apr 2017
He got a romantic ending, by pretty much spending eternity with the love of his life. Personally, this doesn't make me like him. He's still a POS that wanted to eradicate all humans. If you want to die by a demon, then do so yourself. Don't drag everyone else with you.

I do agree with Sensui's boyfriend that Spirit World will just look for a new enemy. Tbh, that's just the universe in general. For every action, there's an equal and opposite reaction.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu Yu Hakusho Episode 103 Discussion

DarthDaimyo - Jun 5, 2010

33 by TheStarscream759 »»
May 5, 6:39 PM

Poll: » Yu Yu Hakusho Episode 102 Discussion

DarthDaimyo - Jun 4, 2010

33 by TheStarscream759 »»
May 5, 6:36 PM

Poll: » Yu Yu Hakusho Episode 112 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

DarthDaimyo - Jun 7, 2010

126 by warloard92 »»
May 5, 1:19 PM

Poll: » Yu Yu Hakusho Episode 66 Discussion ( 1 2 )

DarthDaimyo - Dec 9, 2009

54 by RedPandaGoddes5 »»
May 4, 3:22 PM

Poll: » Yu Yu Hakusho Episode 36 Discussion

DarthDaimyo - Oct 25, 2009

33 by KoniginElle »»
May 2, 10:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.