Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 9, 2023 5:35 AM

Nov 2016
More about God Valley and the Figarland family. Can't get enough of Lore Piece.

So the Tenryubito held a hunting game just for fun. As if we needed more evidence for how fucked up the WG is. Not affialited countries are not just poor, have no protection and their citizens can be legally enslaved, no, they're wiped out for sport too. How casually Kuma's dad got killed also showcased the insane absurdity of the people at the top. Poor Kuma went through hell. And it didn't even stop after his "death". His body kept getting abused. And to the cherry on top is that the Pacifista who are now one of the Governments main forces are based on him and the bucaneer tribe that was exterminated by the very same World Government. Just wow. Interesting that Nika's story was told throughout their heritage. Makes you definitely think that them were also part of Joy Boy allies or somehow related to him. If he he was one himself it would work too since the Strawhat in Mary Geoise is big as well. Btw, Kuma's birth and him as a baby reminded me of Ousama Ranking.

I dunno if we'll get the whole God Valley incident here, seems rather like something Oda is saving for a Rocks flashback. Since we know that Big Mom gave Kaido the Fish Fish Fruit on that day it would make sense for the Devil Fruit to be in one of the chests at display. It's furthermore worth mentioning that God Valley being in West Blue is Oda just trying to match Shanks statement regarding his origin.

Glad Oda is tying in Kuma's backstory in all of this. Weeks ago we guessed that Kuma was Tenryubito slave, that he became king of Sorbet Kingdom and that he wanted to change the ways of things based on his past experience. Which obviously was an eyesore to the WG, hence they killed his reputation and thereafter he joined the revos. Interessting is that he already met Ivankov as a child before Dragon. It's pretty funny that we keep running into this guy in hell. Based character. The other kid could be Bonney's mom. This backstory looks packed with lore and favorite characters and I guess once it's over Kuma will appear in the present to save his daughter.

And lol, Sanji "jobber" prediction has sadly become true...somewhat.

Kizaru being not as durable as Kaido was to be expected. With Luffy down it's cementing the consensus that he wouldn't have beaten Kaido in a 1vs1.

PS: Yet another W moment of Franky holding it down. Big ball energy even in front of the big shots is so HIM.

The glow up

FMmatronOct 25, 2023 2:02 PM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 9, 2023 6:35 AM

Sep 2021
bro what 😭 theres still like a week left until 1095 is out 💀
Oct 9, 2023 6:52 AM
May 2021
when the hell did it come out????
Oct 9, 2023 7:12 AM
May 2021
wait is 1095 out already?
Oct 9, 2023 7:24 AM
Oct 2023
It’s not out i think. They are discussing the spoilers most probably.
Oct 9, 2023 8:06 AM
May 2021
its_me_braah said:

mal just be tripping
Oct 9, 2023 9:01 AM
Sep 2021
its_me_braah said:

The thread to the spoilers is out, but there aren't even any spoilers.

The comments are (still) enabled. lol 😂
Oct 9, 2023 9:05 AM
Sep 2021
despicab1e said:
It’s not out i think. They are discussing the spoilers most probably.

They aren't discussing it yet. The comments are enabled because there aren't enough spoilers yet. 😅
Oct 9, 2023 7:02 PM

Jun 2014
HKAFH said:
when the hell did it come out????

KaitoKira said:
bro what 😭 theres still like a week left until 1095 is out 💀

The spoilers about some chapter details are out, not the actual chapter yet. The early translation usually drops on Wednesdays (and then the official chapter legally drops on Sundays).
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 10, 2023 5:21 AM
Apr 2020
He’s slowing down once more for flashbacks. Anyway I felt like the Figarland family could be the OP version to Spriggan 12 or the Sternritter.
Oct 10, 2023 2:31 PM

Jun 2014
Damn Saturn is a menace. Some kind of force that I'm assuming he's emitting is holding everyone down, and he has Bonney dead to rights. The situation is looking bleak. Now would be a good time for the giant robot whose eyes started glowing when it heard Luffy's Gear 5 heartbeat to show up. Sheesh we got Lore Piece in this chapter. Once again we got reaffirmation of something that we've already come to know for a long time now, that the Celestial Dragons are worthless sacks of subhuman shit. Dude really shot and killed Kuma's dad for being too loud. We're finally getting a crumb of a God Valley flashback, I wonder if this will lead into the God Valley incident that I so desperately want to see or if these events are unrelated. Young Garling spotted too! And wow it looks like Ivankov was also a slave on that island and thats how he first met Kuma. Great lore dump in this chapter. Break next week 😔

Edit: Yea this flashback will definitely include the God Valley Incident. Even though it wasn't explicitly noted in the chapter, the leak summary said that the part of the flashback where we see Kuma as a slave was 38 years ago. And when I double checked the One Piece wiki, it said the God Valley Incident occurred, you guessed it, 38 years ago. So this is quite literally the perfect opportunity to show it.
thebrentinator24Oct 11, 2023 6:56 PM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 11, 2023 5:15 AM

Aug 2009
So Luffy is out unconscious again? So once again he will be absent for most of arc, to enter at the end and solo defeat strong enemies. We have seen it so many times.
Oct 11, 2023 9:00 AM

Jul 2016
Feel so sad for kuma, you see his birth and then two pages later his parents are both dead, seeing his father killed in front of him. Wonder how strong Saint jay garcia is too.
Penguins are funny
Oct 11, 2023 12:17 PM
May 2023
The stakes are so high, and I adore it! Egghead is easily a top 3 arc of all time. I can't wait to see how it ends so I can place it exactly where it deserves to be!
Oct 11, 2023 2:10 PM

Mar 2019
The big eater stabbed a gorousei, this woman is awesome!
Oct 11, 2023 2:39 PM
Dec 2020
Kuma Flashback + God Valley =Rock Pirate + some early days of Revolutionaries since Emporio is also here. Slaves exchange Tales of Nika- The God of SUNSHINE. Bring You to the Free Ocean & MAYBE one Day free all the Oceans in the World! Buccaneers have Giant Blood, & pass down stories of Nika.
Joyboy's Hat in Imu's possession a Giant's or someone with Giant's Blood? Govt hunt down Giants & Giant's Blood, & restricted them to Areas, maybe these were the Original inhabitants of This World?
Oct 11, 2023 2:52 PM

Mar 2019
Having loving parents really does wonders on making you a loving parent yourself.

Kuma's parents gave him the best parental love their shitty situation allows them to. Kuma in turn also became a loving father.
Oct 11, 2023 2:53 PM
May 2014
Do you think in this flashback we will see a certain ‘incident’ take place? 😁
Oct 11, 2023 4:12 PM

Apr 2016
Ivankov as a kid with his sister! I could tell it was him right away lol
So Ivankov was a slave as well, it makes sense why he became a Revolutionary
We're finally seeing Kuma's past and its just as tragic as I expected, there is so much information dropped here that I still have to process it all, St. Figarland, God Valley... this is madness!
And meanwhile is present time Luffy is down for the count but it looks like he at least knocked Kizaru out of commission for a while which is impressive. But at the moment things do not look good.
Back on break again next week but there's lots of information to consider in the meantime!
Oct 11, 2023 4:45 PM
Apr 2019
i cannot express how good this chapter is. franky gets some love against Saturn, Kizaru shows he isn't immortal (but the admiral stocks are still high), the Gorosei being some of the most terrifying monsters in the world, young Figarland (even with that goofy hair he still fine), AND A DUAL KUMA/IVANKOV BACKSTORY GOOD LORD this is the chapter of the year for me hands down!
hi, how are you?
Oct 11, 2023 5:44 PM

Oct 2017
yeah i would call that a classic
R&B Leyend
Oct 11, 2023 10:53 PM
May 2021
Okk oda is defo tying things together now, mad so we r getting a ivan backstory??
Oct 11, 2023 11:02 PM

Aug 2021
pretty crazy chapter. more backstory into kuma and god valley as well as saint figarland garling. looks like kuma met ivankov all the way back when he was still a slave. seems like we’re about to start some deep dive into uncharted territories. very excited.

also shoutout to franky. he’s been pretty unfocused on lately but he had a nice moment this chapter.
Oct 12, 2023 12:20 AM

May 2016
More knowledge re Shanks/God Valley incoming!
Oct 12, 2023 12:35 AM
Jan 2021
totally unexpected backstory of god valley
Oct 12, 2023 1:38 AM
Feb 2020
When I think I cant possibly hate the Celestial Dragons even more, Oda just proves me wrong
Oct 12, 2023 8:35 AM

Oct 2017
Kuma backstory time and more lore is always great.
Oct 12, 2023 8:46 AM

Jun 2023
Damn... sometimes it feels like Kuma is a character from Berserk who somehow ended up in the OPverse, super sad story all around...
Oct 12, 2023 8:55 AM

Jan 2019
Very very interesting chapter. But something seems wrong with the artstyle. I hope Oda is doing okay
Oct 12, 2023 8:57 AM
Jul 2018
Damn you oda 😭 why do you do me like that , I'm in tears phenomenal chapter , Peak fiction continues !
Oct 12, 2023 10:33 AM

Feb 2021
I never thought Oda could tie Kuma's backstory AND the God Valley flashback together so seamlessly, yet here we are! I can see this flashback being around 3-4 chapters or so, because who knows how much stuff Oda is going to unpack here. The flashback is already off to a great, but emotional, start!
Oct 12, 2023 11:03 AM

Feb 2021
I think I should also mention that we still haven't seen what Lafitte and Catarina Devon are going to do (remember the Blackbeard ship that appeared before we left Egghead, and it's 100% those two since everyone else is either with Teach or at Pirate Island) since the marines have everything blockaded, it will be interesting to see where the hell those two fit in all this
Oct 12, 2023 12:50 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
ODA COOOOOKED, and Kuma's backstory is finna be the most tragic yet.

Bro, we're starting a flashback now, it's chapter 1095, now hear me out, 5 chapters from now will be chapter 1100, we all know Oda and his numbering fun, chapter 100 Dragon saved Luffy from Smoker, this is the perfect setup after exactly 1000 chapters that Dragon would stop Satrun's left before it hits Luffy as he did against Smoker in Loguetown. The 5 remaining chapters would be perfectly paced for such an important flashback as god valley's.

Mark my word, in chapter 1100 we'll see Dragon make a move.
EoussamaOct 12, 2023 12:56 PM
Oct 12, 2023 1:56 PM

Mar 2015
kuma flashback, WG portrayed worse and worse with every chapter.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Oct 12, 2023 2:10 PM
May 2020
KUMA is real MAN O7
Oct 12, 2023 2:16 PM

May 2019
WOW. ODA DID IT AGAIN 🤯 PEAK WEEK IN AND WEEK OUT
Oct 12, 2023 3:37 PM
Apr 2021
Not Kuma's dad getting shot for being too loud
Oct 12, 2023 5:26 PM

Dec 2017
Oda not using Sanji for the Worf Effect challenge (impossible).
Great chapter, Oda can help but keep painting the tenryubitos as the worst shit ever (deservedly so). Poor Kuma and how the hell will they scratch Jay García without Luffy and Zoro?
Oct 12, 2023 6:16 PM

Aug 2019
need Kuma to finally see the Sun God Nika
Oct 12, 2023 7:31 PM

Apr 2022
jesus christ that was a heavy chapter. lore piece went crazy but i was not expecting to get depressed over kuma's backstory with his dad today. all the sun god nika talk gave me chills though, reminiscent of when gear 5 showed up for the first time. kuma was always waiting for nika bruh i'm bawling. franky is a real g, i always like his contributions. young saint garling looks pretty sick. can someone save my girl bonney already, least sanji is trying. ivankov at the end to conclude one of the best chapters from an already amazing arc. oda is gonna go even crazier since we're almost at 1100, excited to see what's next, but after the break next week.
Oct 12, 2023 7:39 PM
Jan 2018
Leave it to Oda to go left and start a flashback. It's never the wrong time to see how awful the Celestial Dragons were and are. I'm guessing Kuma is gonna figure out the truth of the gomu gomu no mi.
Oct 13, 2023 4:15 AM

Jan 2011
TB (European colonizer) be like:
There is like 2 weeks delay in my recent reading list
I randomly bought discount/second hand manga with cute/mysterious cover.

Use Personal Blacklist extension in Chrome if you just want to Google for a series synopsis, without google slapping MAL score in it.
3/1
Oct 13, 2023 6:44 AM

Mar 2021
God Valley flashback + goat Kuma backstory + present Saturn

Trully peak

Oct 13, 2023 8:29 AM

Jan 2012
eWhen i seen Iva, my jaw dropped. Literaly the most unexpected event for me. interesting what role his sis will have in all of this. For a moment i though his sis is Inazuma, but then i checked and that queer is from south blue, not west. The last two chapters have so much happening, give me more of that, lol

I hope that Robot can be acually controled by Luffy or at least follow his "order", but we'll see about that soon anyway.

Anyway i still want to see Brook's childhood. I bet something important related to his past has to be revealed. He's the only one left that we did not see all his past.

Also can't wait to see Luffy's parrent's past, and about his grandparrents too, i mean we always hear Garp this Garp that, but what about his life, his wife, who he was before, why his son left and become revolutionary and what led to that? So many questions about Luffy's family...
Oct 13, 2023 12:12 PM

Apr 2018
Can't wait to learn more about God Valley and what happend with the Blackrock pirates later.
But, this chapter gave us a clear background on Kuma's life. Also interesting to see one of the Figarland family members down there. Seems like people think Shanks also comes from the same family.
Funny to see Ivankov lol.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Oct 13, 2023 1:54 PM
Apr 2019
God Valley i'm gonna fucking bust
Oct 13, 2023 7:24 PM

May 2018
Did they nerf Luffy or what?
Oct 13, 2023 10:59 PM

Aug 2009
Reply to Papa_Scorch
Did they nerf Luffy or what?
@Papa_Scorch
Normal thing in One Piece. In some part of almost every arc, Luffy must be unconscious.
Oct 13, 2023 11:34 PM
Dec 2020
Bartholomew Kuma's backstory is sad and the reason why he Co-founded Revolutionary Army is now clear and understandable
Oct 14, 2023 2:24 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Nice, enjoyable chapter which progressed the plot. Looks like we're diving into the Kuma backstory/God Valley incident which will be cool!

Egghead has probably been the most non-traditional arc so far XD jumping between flashbacks and events on other islands non-stop (not that I'm complaining)

Still not big on the Five Elders being OP, but whatever

Tragic af backstory for Kuma so far as expected

It's all but confirmed that Figarland is Shanks' Dad at this point right?

I wonder who Ginny is
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 636 Discussion

StripFeeling - Aug 24, 2011

47 by Ston3_FreeN7 »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 632 Discussion

Ishmael - Jul 12, 2011

33 by Ston3_FreeN7 »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 627 Discussion

viral_hun - Jun 1, 2011

45 by Ston3_FreeN7 »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 699 Discussion ( 1 2 )

PirateKingz - Feb 20, 2013

90 by vsuc »»
Yesterday, 3:55 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1114 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - May 1

39 by -Don- »»
Yesterday, 10:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.