Forum Settings
Forums

How socially active are you online and on what platforms?

New
Sep 13, 2023 6:19 AM

Apr 2012
How socially active are you online and on what platforms? Do you have any particular favorite social networks and resources where you spend the most time? Or vice versa, resources that you try to ignore every time you come across them?
Sep 13, 2023 6:51 AM

Jan 2023
I’m quite active on MAL while I’m barely paying attention to Discord. I haven’t used Discord once this month for reasons soo..

"You win this round. You doggies."
Sep 13, 2023 7:13 AM

Feb 2020
I'm pretty active mostly on other databases, such as MyWaifuList, Cagematch & Goodreads, PSN also.

I mostly just farm points on MyWaifuList, but since I'm not a power user I can't do as much to get them.

Cagematch is a little like MAL for pro wrestling. Whenever I watch or attend a show I comment on it and rate it (if it's in the listings).
I sometimes do the matchguide also.
Honestly wish I joined it years ago, as I'd probably have thousands of entries by now considering how long I've been a fan, but it took me a while to feel confident sharing my opinions. Not like that even matters on that site, because your not allowed to actually chat to eachother or call other members out anyway.

Goodreads is just like MAL for books. I shelf/organise books I've read, and sometimes review them. Wanted to join things like groups on there, but they seem pretty dead...

And on PSN I just sometimes play games & chat with friends.
Sep 13, 2023 7:55 AM

Apr 2019
I'm like 90% active on discord (since I game a lot) and 10% on everywhere else

Sep 13, 2023 8:18 AM

Jun 2015
I'm a moderator on two other forums (one of which is pretty inactive so there isn't much work there), and I'm also active on Facebook. I don't have accounts on other social networks such as Twitter, Instagram, TikTok and such.

There are several other forums, including MAL, where I'm less active and only occasionally visit them.

I respect your opinion as long as you respect mine.
Sep 13, 2023 12:22 PM
Jul 2018
I'm not socially active at all. I avoid social medias like the plague because of how much of an algorithmic cesspool they have become.
Sep 13, 2023 12:37 PM
Sep 2023
Not too much but I've been using dc a lot lately
Sep 13, 2023 12:37 PM

Oct 2013
I prefer real life to social media, to be fair. Way less cringe posturing and definitely no algorithm-based experience.
Sep 13, 2023 12:43 PM

Feb 2020
Definitely not as active as I used to be few years ago. Nowadays I mainly use MAL. I don't have Instagram account anymore and I rarely use Facebook.
Sep 13, 2023 2:07 PM

Sep 2017
I'm not really active online. Actually, it's like I'm deliberately trying to fade my internet relations.
خ
Sep 14, 2023 1:30 AM

Oct 2022
Discord to talk to everyone I know I guess. I use twitter sometimes just to tweet shit I find funny. Used to go on reddit for like memes but tbh discord is much better for that when you hang out with the right people.
Sep 14, 2023 5:59 AM

Mar 2023
I spend a lot of time on 4chan and Reddit with some occasional visits on here.
Please, imagine that there's something funny here.
Sep 14, 2023 6:05 AM
Aug 2023
I go to Memedroid to upload memes (DrRichtofen) that is my name
Sep 14, 2023 11:21 AM
Jul 2018
Currently, I'm back on MAL after taking a pause and adjusting to site xd... yet besides it, from any major big apps I only like can stand are Youtube (not sure if it's counted as a form of social media... if so, add Twitch here too), Instagram, Pinterest and Discord.
Sep 14, 2023 12:25 PM

Jun 2023
I'm somewhat active on MAL but for talking to people I mainly use Discord
Sep 16, 2023 5:11 PM
Oct 2015
I’m pretty active on discord. Just chatting with friends and stuff.
And I’m just starting to be little bit active on MAL
Sep 17, 2023 1:16 PM

Feb 2018
nowadays i'm the most active on facebook, mostly lurking and seeing my peers' posts. i almost never post or share anything there though. but i talk a lot on messenger; it's my most used app to communicate with my social network. as for my anon, online persona, i used to be incredibly active on discord but nowadays all my servers are kinda dead, so i don't enjoy being there as much anymore.

Sep 17, 2023 7:57 PM

Oct 2022
Now days Im very active on X/Twitter. I mostly just post stuff, repost what i found funny and like memes. I like Discord a lot but it always has that thing of "Fomo" (in the lack of a better word) that you HAVE to be connected or you just lose the good topic, so I mostly just sent meme and have small talks when i can. I try to be on the forums as most as possible, maybe perhaps it is the perfect mix between massive (like Twitter) and not Fomo (like Discord), but sometimes the webpages does help.

Facebook never opened nowdays and Instagram just to see the memes that my brother sent me
Sep 17, 2023 8:17 PM

Mar 2013
I am not active on any social media sites. Not Reddit, not Facebook, not Twitter or Instagram. I rarely peruse any of them. and post on none of them. I really do not see the point of most of them. I am more attracted to old school forums since there is a topic rather than shouting into the noisy void of Twitter, and forums are much more amenable to lengthy posts compared to the what, 240 character limit of a tweet?

As much as I hate to say it, if you want a lengthy discussion, Discord, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and Instagram are not conducive for these purposes. Reddit functions a bit better, but is held back by its subreddit culture and extensive moderation powertrips. Sadly, MAL is one of the better options if I want to find like-minded people with common interests who also like to talk about lengthy things outside of the offline world.

Going to be real honest, I think most smart people avoid posting frequently to these types of social media.

I also have a Linkedin, but it is more out of necessity than active usage.
Sep 18, 2023 6:01 AM

Jan 2017
Used to be on MAL a lot but kind of vanished for 10 months or so.

I mostly just use discord [have been running a pretty big server for the last 10 months] and also spend time on VRChat.

I honestly kind of miss the long-winded discussions I used to have on here.

Obviously for posting random stuff I still have youtube, instagram and twitter but I don't engage with any of those socially, I just post shit lmao
Sep 19, 2023 4:29 PM

Jan 2010
Beside MAL, I also used Anilist. I also have a Facebook, Twitter/X, and I do use forum for specific fandom (video game, K-pop/K-drama, etc....).
Sep 19, 2023 4:39 PM
Yare Yare Daze

May 2022
I'm not. In fact I don't have any social media. I most active I am is PlayStation network that's not social media.
Sep 19, 2023 5:18 PM

Mar 2022
I'm pretty active online. I have a YT channel, which I haven't been doing which with since I moved to college a month ago. I also have Instagram and I recently got Discord.
The siren of a flightless bird

Quietly destroying its cage

Dance, until tonight, with a raised voice-

For I don't want to lose hope!

-Utsuro wo Aogu, Vivid BAS SQUAD
Oct 17, 2023 1:45 PM

Apr 2023
If socially active means spamming posts in forum threads, then pretty okay i guess :P
Oct 18, 2023 4:22 PM
日野森雫

Apr 2019
I am pretty active on social media. Not MAL a whole lot but Discord and Instagram. You can find me reply almost instantly on Discord if pinged. XD

✧ forum set by the amazing, yashika-chwan <3 ✧

More topics from this board

» Is English your native language? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

78 by Zedlin »»
28 seconds ago

Poll: » Do you live with regrets?

Lightskynight - Apr 18

18 by Rhaelynne »»
1 hour ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

683 by Jozuwa-_- »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill? ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 24

50 by DoctorWasabi »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Would you be a good partner? ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

69 by DoctorWasabi »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.