Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 25, 2010 1:24 AM

Apr 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So...some person named Jaguara took Cheza, Hubb, and Cher. Blue is friggin awesome. Just one question though. What's that old man gonna use for transportation? o.O

Aug 8, 2010 1:59 PM

Feb 2009
Another amazing episode! Yeah blue is awesome, she's half dog, half wolf, half foxy!
Dec 27, 2010 8:22 AM

Dec 2010
I really wonder what Darcia is going to do next. He's so interesting character!
May 18, 2012 6:38 PM

Feb 2012
So far, I love the setting and backstory of Wolf's Rain -- especially the ambiguity of its history. It reminds me a lot of Nausicaa.
Aug 20, 2012 8:51 PM

Jul 2012
haha
So the old man sees Darcia holding a sword up to poor Cheza's neck, but decides that shooting at Kiba is more important. Guy knows how to hold a grudge.
Feb 3, 2013 2:18 PM

Jan 2012
So damn intense. I hope Blue is fine. Anyway, great episode.

May 16, 2013 11:39 AM

Sep 2009
I think that this is my favourite episode so far.

Intense confrontation. Now the cast is split up again and Kiba's ran off to follow Cheza. What will Quent do now?!
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.
Aug 13, 2013 2:03 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Hakuromatsu said:
So far, I love the setting and backstory of Wolf's Rain -- especially the ambiguity of its history. It reminds me a lot of Nausicaa.

Oh yeah it kind does feel like Nausicaa in that sense. The history is definitely pretty ambiguous, not to mention, I still don't really know what's going on, like there's this noble guy called Jagara or something who just took Cheza. And then there's Darcia who's goal was to go to paradise with Hamona or something...but can't anymore because she's really dead now. I also wonder where his hatred for wolves come from. He probably had more reason to hate them than Quent (is that the hunter's name?). Seriously, I don't dislike the hunter anymore after the past few episodes, but he's annoying with his hate against wolves...talk about stereotyping. There's only been one time when he encountered wolves, and we don't even know if they were really the ones that caused his family to die, but he can't assume that ALL wolves are bad...
Jul 26, 2014 8:39 PM

Aug 2007
I'm not sure I can classify Quent's obsession as annoying...
I mean the guy is an alcoholic from his depression of losing everything.
I guess since he doesn't know everything about the wolves, it makes him rather compulsive. All he lives for is revenge. And I think that's a very real character with an understandable human purpose.

Yeah, he's a piece of shit, but he's been through a lot, and he obviously can't handle it. Not that I condone his actions, but ahhhhh.

Cher x Hubb and Quent are just really amazing characters full of so many layers. This is why I like this anime so much.

Jul 30, 2015 2:15 PM

Feb 2015
Whoa! What the hell happened at the end?!
Mar 6, 2016 8:59 AM

Jul 2015
Good episode i guess
Jan 15, 2017 11:11 AM

Dec 2015
what happened to Kiba though
May 9, 2017 6:49 AM

Jul 2008
Okay this Jagura really wants to get his ass kicked doesn't he/she?
Sep 3, 2020 10:24 PM

Jun 2008
MagnaMoon said:
Whoa! What the hell happened at the end?!

This! There's so much to be explained so far

Nov 17, 2020 4:02 PM

May 2018
This idea of "paradise" is starting to remind me of Vinland from Vinland Saga. The way that Kiba talks about paradise is sometimes really similar to the way Thorfinn and other characters talk about Vinland.

So far I think Lord Darica is a really fascinating and provocative character to watch. I hope we see much more of him and much more development of him.

The ending of the episode came out of nowhere?? Judging by the other replies in this thread I'm not the only one who feels that way, I think at least.

Onto the next episode then
Feb 27, 2022 9:12 AM

Jun 2016
Everyone arrives at Darcia's keep, at the same time, only to then get separated once more, lol. At least, Quent got to see Blue again, and Hubb and Cher heard Blue talk, which is pretty significant.

Did Darcia make his keep disappear? One moment it was there, and the next it wasn't. Is this what Cher meant by alchemy? Did it get taken to the other side... Interesting.

I'm glad the show confirmed that it takes place way into the future. That doesn't make me anymore confused at all, hehe.

Apr 29, 2023 4:38 PM

Aug 2017
It was an intense episode,
We got a little history lesson, that's really helping to understand the story,
So apparently the nobles were leading the world into an advanced state using alchemy, but something happened and I believe it got something that caused the majority of history to be erased and the world to this crumbled state. Darcia created Cheza using lunar flowers to save Hamona  (I wonder how he got cursed so that he got one eye of the wolf),
Well Quent just need to have good conversation with the wolves to end his hatred, he's only living to kill wolves,
This Jaguara is really strong as I said before, I wonder what's her/his motives for doing this besides reaching paradise, or it's the only reason, (I love that this character is mysterious  and powerful and came out of nowhere),
So that flashing light at the end was confusing, Quent was left alone, I wonder if the wolves transported to another place with Darcia,
Really curious about the next episode, it will start the second half of this anime.
Sep 29, 2023 6:35 PM
Dec 2021
Still don't fully get what Darcia's entire deal is. IDK I'm at the point now that I want answers. I really like the wolves though.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wolf's Rain Episode 10 Discussion

hanachan20 - Feb 5, 2010

29 by Kayarbee70 »»
Apr 18, 12:44 AM

Poll: » Wolf's Rain Episode 26 Discussion

diamond9393anda - Oct 10, 2009

46 by paruno »»
Mar 20, 12:10 PM

Poll: » Wolf's Rain Episode 25 Discussion

diamond9393anda - Oct 10, 2009

24 by Skydis »»
Feb 9, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Wolf's Rain Episode 20 Discussion

redbuzz - Oct 9, 2008

33 by shahab92 »»
Feb 8, 3:46 PM

Poll: » Wolf's Rain Episode 8 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 8, 2010

23 by Skydis »»
Dec 19, 2023 7:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.