Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 20, 2023 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
Well, their technology sure has evolved and works well for training.

It's too bad this show has characters with big egos and made the drama more personal. Also got some more fan service again because why not..
Aug 20, 2023 7:28 AM

Dec 2021
Ah the typical swim suit episode is here huh? 

The introduction of a VR battle arena in the training grounds has taken Rosewood Academy's rigorous training to a new level, allowing for even more intense practice resembling real battles. Clay and Cassim, who belong to the advanced class, engage in a battle against the female duo Claire and Yessica. However, to their surprise, they suffer an unexpected defeat. Clay had feelings for Yessica, and Cassim had feelings for Claire, making the emotional shock immense. This greatly affects their excitement for the upcoming "mixed bath" event. As time passes, the two of them gather their determination and vow to seek revenge against Claire and Yessica, undergoing intense training under Ernest's guidance and Clay and Cassim undergo training with Blade, to showcase their impressive abilities. 

This episode is a major step up from last imo. Though that's not saying much. It's refreshing to have an episode that centers around the side characters, especially considering how I've grown quite frustrated with Blade. Although I still find him somewhat bearable in this episode. The bath scene seems to have been included for a specific purpose, leaving that aside, the interaction between the two couples who are romantically involved is intriguing and peaks my interest for future episodes.
IzanaSolosAug 20, 2023 7:51 AM

Aug 20, 2023 9:02 AM

Apr 2014
Hmmm..... GaoGaiGar?!!

何それ?意味分かんない
Aug 20, 2023 10:20 AM

Feb 2019
Aw yes the obligatory beach/pool episode. The opening for the episode through me off, thought we were going to get a darker episode with how it opened up. Fortunately that was just VR training lol.

I like how we got focus on the side characters and their relationships today. Losing to girls that you like is not the worst thing in the world. But I guess the boys didn’t want to seem weak. Masculine pride and all that. Either way, it was a good growth opportunity for Yessica, Claire and the fellas after a Blade dominated last few eps.

Arnest throwing out subtle hints at the end there 😂. Fun episode
Marinate1016Aug 20, 2023 10:23 AM
Aug 20, 2023 11:08 AM
May 2023
I liked the king standing there in the nude ranting about how hot baths should be partaken in the nude. Overall a good episode.
Aug 20, 2023 11:42 AM

May 2019
Good episode focusing on some of the side characters. Cu was funny giving the same advice to both the guys and girls, and proceeding to eat up their snacks lol.

Earnest at the end there, dropping hints to Blade who doesn't get it.
Aug 20, 2023 12:00 PM

May 2016
Unfortunately they will eternally losing to those two girls, because they are male, And male can't harm a female at any cost. Except for the main character in this anime.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 20, 2023 12:55 PM

Nov 2022
Every time I see Blade's hair (looks kinda tasty ngl):

Also would've been pretty sick if they decided to actually turn Blade into some villain halfway through the show and surprise us with a darker story but the VR works too haha
Aug 20, 2023 3:15 PM

Dec 2018
Meh; it was a romance kind of episode but still funny as hell. I have mixed feelings about it but still found it rather enjoyable.
Aug 20, 2023 4:44 PM

Feb 2023
Blade needs at least 1 guy to fall for him so the harem is complete.

That king has issues, but great taste considering his assistant/secretary/wife/whatever that woman is.
Aug 20, 2023 5:16 PM

Jul 2013
The best part of this episode was the king getting his "just desserts" both in the VR moment and forcing Earnest to strip (which is Idk why she cares about that when we seen her naked before)

Other than that pretty decent episode.

Aug 20, 2023 5:28 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
god i love this show so much, so reminisent of the early/mid 2010s
Aug 20, 2023 6:57 PM

Sep 2018
Again, this show is serviceable, when the episode is playful and more comedic in tone, this shows only saving grace. That was a fun episode.
Aug 20, 2023 9:58 PM
Aug 2020
EcchiGodMamster said:
The story was originally made in 2015 so it is from that time period. 
Aug 21, 2023 12:52 AM

Dec 2010
GalacticMagna said:
forcing Earnest to strip (which is Idk why she cares about that when we seen her naked before)
It makes more sense when you remember she was supposed to strip butt naked without all that swimsuit bullshit. As a matter of fact, every single person in those hot springs should've been completely naked, with some pretty erotic stuff happening.
Aug 21, 2023 4:27 AM

Jul 2017
A VR training facility for heroes, nice, though kinda a gimmick.

And of course, the fanservice is there too, so that's a thing.

About both Kassim and Clay losing to Yessica and Claire, yeah...men will never win over women, though a fair fight with training from both Blade and Earnest suffices a bit. Also, don't ever seek Blade's help for romance, he's as dense as a rock.
Aug 21, 2023 7:07 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
KingGarland said:
EcchiGodMamster said:
The story was originally made in 2015 so it is from that time period. 

Yea Idk why I forgot about that fact

I guess cause I don't read LNs sometimes I forget the time period the sourse material came out

Glad they chose to adapt one of these in the 2020s
Aug 21, 2023 11:54 AM

Oct 2008
another silly ep! fun nonetheless
they got me at that first part...and whew it was just a virtual reality!
4/5.

Aug 21, 2023 6:14 PM

Apr 2015
Does this show have a plot? I lost track.
Aug 22, 2023 3:13 AM
Jan 2023
Okay so they're just changing up everything I guess since they don't really care for the adaptation. The first part of this episode supposed to happen after they fought Cu. The scene and animation for it was terrible + events DID NOT play out this way. They went insane from getting killed so many times + killing so much, and everyone went on a rampage. It was much more chaotic and there was no focus on the 2 boys losing to the girls. It was just a brief scene. Plus infinite slash (forget the full proper name) was supposed to be way more insane, with them not even showing him slashing randomly like that building up to. It was supposed to be instant and epic, slicing everything, including Cu (who was eating everyone) and Mao into pieces. Arnest didn't immediately go into that state either as in the very beginning, she and Sophie had kept trying to challenge Blade and died like a hundred times.

I'm starting to see that they are just going to be changing every aspect of the story as usual for such adaptations for convenience purposes, pretty much butchering the series as a whole. It makes sense for certain censorship purposes and to target a younger audience, but pretty much changes too many things and leaves out a lot. They were all supposed to be naked while Arnest was wearing a bikini being shy. Right before that, everyone is trying to seduce Blade while he is naked. I'm almost positive Iona should have been introduced already too, but have to go back and check.
Aug 22, 2023 3:17 AM
Jan 2023
DarkDooM2 said:
GalacticMagna said:
forcing Earnest to strip (which is Idk why she cares about that when we seen her naked before)
It makes more sense when you remember she was supposed to strip butt naked without all that swimsuit bullshit. As a matter of fact, every single person in those hot springs should've been completely naked, with some pretty erotic stuff happening.
yea the manga and LN was way more erotic and showed them initially trying to seduce Blade before Arnest shows up with the bikini and then the King tries to get her to strip. It also didn't hold back on the violence either like they didn't show Cu eating everyone, or everyone going insane and turning into berserkers, or Cu and Mao getting cut to pieces in the VR. Infinite Slash was way more epic and damaging too. THat VR part was supposed to happen before the Arnest fat training and after their fight with Cu as well so they're also changing the order. This is why I tell people not to judge anime at all since it's just glorified commercial and usually crap if they decide not to pour money into it at all. I rarely see a series get adapated properly outside of Shounen jump stuff. 
Aug 22, 2023 9:47 AM
May 2021
ngl they got us in starting scene before op lol. I would really like if this series goes dark though
Aug 22, 2023 9:49 AM
May 2021
sjydude201 said:
DarkDooM2 said:
yea the manga and LN was way more erotic and showed them initially trying to seduce Blade before Arnest shows up with the bikini and then the King tries to get her to strip. It also didn't hold back on the violence either like they didn't show Cu eating everyone, or everyone going insane and turning into berserkers, or Cu and Mao getting cut to pieces in the VR. Infinite Slash was way more epic and damaging too. THat VR part was supposed to happen before the Arnest fat training and after their fight with Cu as well so they're also changing the order. This is why I tell people not to judge anime at all since it's just glorified commercial and usually crap if they decide not to pour money into it at all. I rarely see a series get adapated properly outside of Shounen jump stuff. 

Eminence in shadow is the one which got perfect adaptation, added more important plot points which were not in manga and LN ( Added by author in anime of course)
Aug 23, 2023 2:49 AM
Jan 2023
Apratim said:
sjydude201 said:

Eminence in shadow is the one which got perfect adaptation, added more important plot points which were not in manga and LN ( Added by author in anime of course)
That's a special case where the series was something the bigger members of the team working on the project had been fans of the series. I'd also say it wasn't a perfect adaptation as there were things they could've explained better or presented better, though they made some improvements from what the original LNs were like (like the anime is set more in an industrial revolution, so a bit more modern, whereas the books set it more in medieval times).  The director for THEIS was a huge personal fan, and did everything he could to get as much as he could out of it. You can tell because it's not as common for a series to have 20 episodes. Standard is 10-13 or 24-26 episodes for a single season. He made it like that to adjust the pacing properly by arc. I did enjoy the anime as well. It's also one of the few series where you can appreciate each piece of media for what it is and it's still good. Manga focuses more on the comedy/parody aspect. Anime combines the seriousness of the novels with the comedy. It was closer to the novel's tone than the manga, which I also found pleasant.

MT had a great adaptation too. Shield Hero & Saga of Tanya the Evil as well. However, they still had its very minor issues, which is alright since they're inconsequential. Maou Gakuin Futekigousha also had a great adaptation, despite skipping tons of content and leaving out details (the Sasha kiss scene was way too fast for example). But again, compared to the sheer # of LNs & manga that come out, most series do not get great adaptions. Tensura is one of the most popular series out there right now and yet it did not get a good adaptation. In fact they changed a ton of the tone of that series and perceptions of certain characters to cater to a younger audience. 
Aug 23, 2023 11:11 AM
May 2021
sjydude201 said:
Apratim said:

That's a special case where the series was something the bigger members of the team working on the project had been fans of the series. I'd also say it wasn't a perfect adaptation as there were things they could've explained better or presented better, though they made some improvements from what the original LNs were like (like the anime is set more in an industrial revolution, so a bit more modern, whereas the books set it more in medieval times).  The director for THEIS was a huge personal fan, and did everything he could to get as much as he could out of it. You can tell because it's not as common for a series to have 20 episodes. Standard is 10-13 or 24-26 episodes for a single season. He made it like that to adjust the pacing properly by arc. I did enjoy the anime as well. It's also one of the few series where you can appreciate each piece of media for what it is and it's still good. Manga focuses more on the comedy/parody aspect. Anime combines the seriousness of the novels with the comedy. It was closer to the novel's tone than the manga, which I also found pleasant.

MT had a great adaptation too. Shield Hero & Saga of Tanya the Evil as well. However, they still had its very minor issues, which is alright since they're inconsequential. Maou Gakuin Futekigousha also had a great adaptation, despite skipping tons of content and leaving out details (the Sasha kiss scene was way too fast for example). But again, compared to the sheer # of LNs & manga that come out, most series do not get great adaptions. Tensura is one of the most popular series out there right now and yet it did not get a good adaptation. In fact they changed a ton of the tone of that series and perceptions of certain characters to cater to a younger audience. 

Yep completely agreed with you
Sep 3, 2023 1:07 PM

Oct 2017
Was feeling bad for those two guys but the real poor soul was Earnest all along.
Sep 5, 2023 1:17 AM
Apr 2013
EP 7

Hard to tell but maybe the last girl will show up in the next ep
Sep 13, 2023 6:27 AM

Oct 2018
Training using VR? I came back to this anime after a while, and it's the same average episode again.
Oct 6, 2023 11:53 PM

Oct 2022
But they kinda got a point. All Blade did was show them that theyve subconsciously been using their fighting spirits the entire time, he didnt actually teach them anything really. Other than that it was all physical power, whereas the girls did all teach them these special abilities.
UndefeatedBahamut
Oct 16, 2023 1:05 PM

Mar 2013
Cu burst in both male and female party and giving random advise just to eat the food was just so funny
Nov 12, 2023 9:08 PM

Feb 2019
Cu's "advice" to both groups was pretty much the same, BUT the girls knew they don't see the boys that way, but what Cu said motivated the boys to get stronger lol
Mar 30, 4:29 AM

Apr 2013
I like the focus on the other couples this episode, but I expected a bit more spice.
Apr 26, 6:32 PM
Aug 2021
ridículo a frase do rei querendo ver garotas peladas sendo que ele esta cercado de menores

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eiyuu Kyoushitsu Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2023

46 by RandumUvvU »»
May 12, 5:10 AM

Poll: » Eiyuu Kyoushitsu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2023

71 by SafeEntity »»
Apr 27, 9:22 AM

Poll: » Eiyuu Kyoushitsu Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2023

18 by Gator »»
Apr 1, 4:22 AM

Poll: » Eiyuu Kyoushitsu Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2023

37 by Gator »»
Mar 31, 4:09 AM

Poll: » Eiyuu Kyoushitsu Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2023

41 by Gator »»
Mar 31, 3:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.