Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 14, 2023 10:28 AM

Nov 2011
Well, I'll be damned. This show has its outdoors episode away from the crowded school after all. And plus, Wataru has a girl who is very interested in him now.

Summer vacation also means the beach so this episode had its fair use of fan service. They should have more of these outdoor episodes tbh, away from all the school drama. 
Aug 14, 2023 11:26 AM

Aug 2017
This episode is the most fun I had with the series so far. Didn't see it coming that Sasaki was a middle schooler lol. Thankfully we didn't see a big drama or anything near the end, was afraid it would go that route if she spotted him. The little sister is so cute.
Aug 14, 2023 11:28 AM

Apr 2010
That looked like a date and it was nice to see them have fun with everything the did tho i was surprised that Sasaki was younger than i thought.
I thought Natsukawa would run into them but it didn't happen tho she did see them even if she was doubting it was actually the case.

Anyway i hope she will like the birthday present. 
Aug 14, 2023 11:37 AM
Mar 2021
The expression when he finds out she's a middle schooler🤣🤣
Aug 14, 2023 11:49 AM

Mar 2021
This was a nice beach episode, I loved Sajo's reaction when he found out Sasaki was a middle schooler
Aug 14, 2023 11:50 AM

Apr 2021
I'm enjoying this series way too much^^ 

Sajous inner monologues reacting to the "college girl's" behaviour was so entertaining to watch.
Aug 14, 2023 11:52 AM

Jun 2017
Yep, middle schoolers be like that nowadays. lol
Aug 14, 2023 12:09 PM
Nov 2016
Has anyone read the light novel? I keep hearing that this was anime only and is going differently from the LN content.

Nice episode regardless.
Aug 14, 2023 12:17 PM
Jan 2022
WOW What a plot twist. I forgot if our mc is in first year or 2nd year of highschool but Sasaki is in middle school. crazy knowing but honestly pur mc is still devoted into natsukawa. great episode. MC's harem is growing slowly 🫠
Aug 14, 2023 12:34 PM

Dec 2021
I honestly didn't expect Sasaki to be in middle school. The goofball actually thought she was a college student. Her explanation about still wearing elementary school clothes makes more sense now.

Aika's younger sister is incredibly endearing, such an adorable little child. I was almost sure they would run into Sajo and create a big scene, but I'm relieved that didn't occur. I'm also pleased that it appears Sajo and Sasaki are just friends, even though she does seem to harbor a slight crush on him.

Aug 14, 2023 12:39 PM

May 2018
Hyaku02 said:
Has anyone read the light novel? I keep hearing that this was anime only and is going differently from the LN content.

Nice episode regardless.
It is very different. They cut the most important event from volume 2. And now volume 3 was supposed to start, but this episode is a mix of a volume 4 extra and filler. And sasaki's revelation should have happened at the end of volume 3 on the middle school visit to wataru's school that was mentioned in the last episode. 
They destroyed all of Aika's development. I have no idea what will happen from now on, maybe they'll skip to volume 4 already.
Aug 14, 2023 12:42 PM

Mar 2014
Don't matter if she is a middle schooler, still better than the fmc
Aug 14, 2023 12:43 PM
Mar 2022
Even though it’s super predictable and cliche this series is somehow starting to grow on me, maybe just for the sheer simplicity of it
Aug 14, 2023 1:01 PM

Apr 2021
I'm loving this recent influx of well endowed middle schoolers in anime. Even if they don't look 14-16.
Aug 14, 2023 1:22 PM
Jul 2020
Definitely didn't expect her to be middle schooler xD I don't really know how much apart they are in age, but i think 1 or 2 years difference isn't that much. and they can wait for her to be in highschool.

Aug 14, 2023 1:39 PM
Mar 2023
Man so far i've been really loving this show because it has such a pretty design. Reminds me of toradora especially because of the tsundere main female character and love triangle going on. Things are going to get complicated now... a boy that loves a girl from a distance but rizzes up another girl that's nicer but still young??
danyerotakuAug 14, 2023 1:42 PM
Aug 14, 2023 1:42 PM

Feb 2019
*insert “She’s 12?!!” meme* best episode so far. Very little Natsukawa and a lot of best girl sasaki so we ate good.

I like that this was kind of a unique spin on the beach episode trope, instead of it being with the main girl it’s one of the side girls and we only see Natsukawa bikini at the end lol. The best episodes of this are when they focus on the other girls.

Honestly, no idea why Sajo is still buying gifts for and simping for Natsukawa when he’s got someone who likes him, is kinder, more chill and cuter right in front of him 🤦🏽‍♂️ anime MC logic. Yea it’s surprising that she’s in middle school, but there’s only like a year or so difference between he and her.

The show’s got really good over the last 4 episodes or so. May have to read the LN lol I like it a lot more than I thought I would originally.
Marinate1016Aug 14, 2023 1:46 PM
Aug 14, 2023 1:58 PM

Aug 2014
BOOOOOO, new girl was not in a swimsuit in this episode, boooooooooo. 

But at least Kei was in a swimsuit, and Kei has an amazing body. Kei sure has a nice body. 
oooo3333Aug 14, 2023 2:09 PM
Aug 14, 2023 2:26 PM
Aug 2021
Hyaku02 said:

Nice episode regardless.
Half of this episode (all the scenes with Aika and Kei) is anime original. And even the other half which adapts volume 4 extra chapters are heavily modified.
Tbh the difference between the LN and the anime is night and day. The LN is about thoughts and feelings of the characters while the anime is about...cute girls I guess.
Aug 14, 2023 2:49 PM

Oct 2017
I knew she wasn't in college but wasn't expecting middle school and thought she was a high schooler. But well she'll be in high school soon anyway. Also wtf why didn't Aika meet Sajo with Fuuka, I was waiting for that to happen the entire episode. Disappointed af that it didn't happen.
Aug 14, 2023 3:00 PM
Dec 2022
She's a middle schooler??? Omg my image of her is breaking😅!! I've now met two waifus who look nothing like their age. I know she's not real, but as an adult, I feel guilty to be attracted by her. I need a girlfriend!

Guess it does make sense now seeing her childish attitude, but that's a bit common for older girls. Even mature women have a cute childish side😅. Hmm guess I can't blame Wataru for giving Aika a birthday gift, sure he might've given up on her, but because of his one-sided love, he improved on himself to be someone better. Now I wonder if Fuka Sasaki will now fall in love with Wataru, I feel like that's what she was trying to say in the bus. She may be younger, but she could stand a chance... maybe🤔.
Aug 14, 2023 3:03 PM
Apr 2021
MaouHero said:
Hyaku02 said:

Nice episode regardless.
It is very different. They cut the most important event from volume 2. And now volume 3 was supposed to start, but this episode is a mix of a volume 4 extra and filler. And sasaki's revelation should have happened at the end of volume 3 on the middle school visit to wataru's school that was mentioned in the last episode. 
They destroyed all of Aika's development. I have no idea what will happen from now on, maybe they'll skip to volume 4 already.

As others have said, the parts with Aika are anime original, but i think this part is from volume 9 (unreleased) because some of the art for vol 9 show them at the beach.
Aug 14, 2023 3:10 PM

Mar 2010
I liked that there wasn't any random meeting drama. 
Haven't read the LN and just watching the anime, imo this is good enough. 
Aug 14, 2023 3:18 PM

Jan 2010
so maybe it was the subtitles were wrong but sasaki said she is in 3rd year of middle school so that would be only a year younger than sajo and he was acting like she was a little kid, a year is nothing so I think it was the subtitles were wrong.

I would've like that they see him with sasaki so that would suprise them and that sajo can find another girl.
Aug 14, 2023 3:29 PM

Aug 2014
Nooooo!! I bet someone's calling FBI on me now :D That was a trap! everyone who loved previous Episode run for your lives! :D
hahahaha

Too bad Aika didn't notice Wataru and Fuuka together at least on that photo :D her little sis knows Wataru so she should call out to girls to look at it ;d It was so obvious they would meet, but then they didn't?! kinda waste.. Aika would be so jealous, actually steaming with jealousy :D

Still if Fuuka is 15 he can go for her :D Don't waste this chance BRO!! Like I did ;(
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Aug 14, 2023 4:14 PM

May 2018
MasterS456 said:
MaouHero said:

As others have said, the parts with Aika are anime original, but i think this part is from volume 9 (unreleased) because some of the art for vol 9 show them at the beach.
I don't think there's any art for volume 9 yet, nor a date. As far as I know, the new WN chapters have nothing to do with the beach, just tension related to the V8 incident
Aug 14, 2023 6:03 PM

Apr 2022
middle schooler whaaa. most of the part with the sasaki was ass but i was hoping they'd actually run into natsukawa and the gang lmao.
Aug 14, 2023 7:07 PM
Jun 2019
MaouHero said:
Hyaku02 said:

Nice episode regardless.
I think it could work still. Imo, it makes more sense for Sajo to hang with these other girls, before patching up with Natsukawa, instead of after. The rearrangement could improve the pacing 
Aug 14, 2023 7:07 PM
Jun 2019
Liangshanhaohan said:
Hyaku02 said:

Nice episode regardless.
Half of this episode (all the scenes with Aika and Kei) is anime original. And even the other half which adapts volume 4 extra chapters are heavily modified.
Tbh the difference between the LN and the anime is night and day. The LN is about thoughts and feelings of the characters while the anime is about...cute girls I guess.
If they add the Natsukawa scenes after this, then it could still work, and imo, improves the pacing
Aug 14, 2023 7:20 PM

Nov 2011
Show actually gets worse each week. Nothing happened this week other then Sasaki being a Middle Schooler.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Aug 14, 2023 7:25 PM

Aug 2014
Spoil me =  will Fuuka create drama with the male MC and female MC? Does she like the male MC?   or will she play non big roles for the rest of the anime?
Aug 14, 2023 7:49 PM
Oct 2020
RedChrome said:
Don't matter if she is a middle schooler, still better than the fmc

facts I think everyone in this show is better than aika
Aug 14, 2023 8:02 PM

May 2018
BEaSTPadwal15 said:
MaouHero said:
I think it could work still. Imo, it makes more sense for Sajo to hang with these other girls, before patching up with Natsukawa, instead of after. The rearrangement could improve the pacing 

Does not make sense. The relationship with Aika gradually improves. There should be several events that improve their relationship. So far it hasn't. Aika seems like a secondary character in the anime, even though in LN she has 30% of the POV.

Aug 14, 2023 8:21 PM
Jun 2019
MaouHero said:
BEaSTPadwal15 said:

Does not make sense. The relationship with Aika gradually improves. There should be several events that improve their relationship. So far it hasn't. Aika seems like a secondary character in the anime, even though in LN she has 30% of the POV.

That's what I'm saying. If they put all scenes where the relationship between them gradually improves in one continuous flow of episodes, instead of doing these other girls in the middle of these events, the pacing could be better.
Aug 14, 2023 8:29 PM
Feb 2023
If Sasaki is a middle schooler then she'll look like a mother in high school lmao. 
Aug 14, 2023 8:48 PM
May 2014
Another anime where everyone is better than the fmc
Aug 14, 2023 9:13 PM

Oct 2014
Fuuka and Wataru looks so wholesome together <3
Aug 14, 2023 9:22 PM
Sep 2021
Sajou is trying to find the meaning of his love and spending time in order to find his answer.
Aug 14, 2023 9:30 PM
Mar 2022
Sasaki san is a middle schooler and that body of her as a middle schooler really is amazing 🥹🙏🏻
Aug 14, 2023 9:34 PM

Jan 2021
I´ll be honest with y'all boys

I wanted him busted by his waifu :(

Aug 14, 2023 10:26 PM
Nov 2022
Another high school girl who looks so much older, where have I seen this before? (cough cough my dress up darling cough cough). xddd

Please, I just want Natsukawa to notice that there is a girl behind Sajo, it's my new wet dream, to see how the tsundere suffers, please xd

It seems that Sajo won't stop being a simp for a while, personally I think Fuuka is much better than Natsukawa ._.
Aug 14, 2023 10:46 PM

Jun 2021
I was expecting Natsukawa will see Wataru and Fuuka together but it didn't happen.
Aug 15, 2023 12:03 AM
Feb 2023
Just in for 10 secs and had to comment this.

"Wow, it's the ocean."
*Show lake*
Aug 15, 2023 1:04 AM

Apr 2020
Now can't pick whether it's Aika or Fuka for Sajo, I'm always smiling while on their date...
Aug 15, 2023 1:09 AM
Dec 2021
Im so confused as light novel and manga are so diff compared to anime
Aug 15, 2023 1:37 AM

Jan 2021
Sajo is on an actual trip with Fuuka to an crafts shop at the beach, almost looks like a date. Fuuka is really wants to get close each time it seems like.

Aika, Kei & Airi are also headed to the beach and wanted to invite Sajo but they assume that he's at his part-time job. Sajo wants to make something for Aika's birthday. Aika & the rest also go to the crafts shop and there Airi spots Sajo & Fuuka in a picture but doesn't say anything. Sajo almost got caught red handed by Aika lol.

I feel like the relationship between Sajo & Fuuka is gonna get closer.
Aug 15, 2023 1:40 AM
Jun 2022
because finally sajou got better
Aug 15, 2023 2:34 AM
Aug 2013
Okay, that's a beach episode that isn't mainstream!
I kinda liked the outcome
Aug 15, 2023 3:16 AM

Mar 2008
Sasaki is pretty cute and she does give off pretty mature vibes, though as annoying as Aika can be I'd rather see Wataru wind up with her than Sasaki just because it seems more satisfying for a long time love to come to fruition.
Aug 15, 2023 3:49 AM
Jun 2021
Shingwha said:
WOW What a plot twist. I forgot if our mc is in first year or 2nd year of highschool but Sasaki is in middle school. crazy knowing but honestly pur mc is still devoted into natsukawa. great episode. MC's harem is growing slowly 🫠

I’m pretty sure it’s 1st year of high school plus he talked with his sister and Shinomiya about student council stuff which makes it seem he’s gonna be a 2nd year in high school the next year
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yumemiru Danshi wa Genjitsushugisha Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2023

90 by Gilith »»
Apr 18, 2:33 PM

Poll: » Yumemiru Danshi wa Genjitsushugisha Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2023

146 by PinmpChimpin »»
Apr 12, 9:59 PM

» I hope for 2nd season ( 1 2 )

LostInLove - Oct 15, 2023

51 by Yzen90 »»
Mar 26, 8:02 PM

Poll: » Yumemiru Danshi wa Genjitsushugisha Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2023

111 by porozhno »»
Mar 13, 6:23 AM

Poll: » Yumemiru Danshi wa Genjitsushugisha Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2023

175 by porozhno »»
Mar 13, 5:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.