Forum Settings
Forums

What are reasons to stop being friends with someone ?

New
Aug 8, 2023 5:00 PM
Yare Yare Daze

May 2022
I look at Instagram or PSN. I stopped being friends with tons of people for stupid reasons. A lot was my fault. Feel like there never good reasons.

What are good reason to stop being friends?
AmityblightAug 8, 2023 5:22 PM
Aug 8, 2023 5:30 PM

Feb 2020
It was mostly on PSN where it happened, but I used to get tons of thirsties, maybe because I use Junko Enoshima as my pfp on there?
But even when told I was a guy, that still wouldn't matter to them, just so many desperate people on PSN for some reason? It's so weird😂 
And some others were just ultra depressive types that would message me as soon as I appeared online, they just wear me down, I hate being stifled.

Usually though I just ignore them, I really don't delete or block them as much as I should......
Aug 8, 2023 5:41 PM
Jul 2018
Instagram is 99.9% bots farm (scary place)

I never had a reason to use PSN nor any console-based socials, but I assume I don't miss much.

Overall, I guess online friendships are so 20th old century thing because the future is nothing but braindead AI bot-chats and the only interesting thing for flashy individuals with shaved bodies (both genders).
Aug 8, 2023 6:23 PM

Aug 2012
I hardly use my psn. Friends I had there also went inactive so go figure. pretty close with a few. @LightWorker get manly name lol. Try Death-cartel666

But umm when they completely destroy my trust.
Order-SolAug 8, 2023 6:30 PM
Aug 8, 2023 6:41 PM

Feb 2020
@Order-Sol 
I'm too used to my gamertag now though 😂 never once changed it♥️

To be honest though, it was mostly when PSN communities were a thing that I got a vast amount of the undesirables from, I was in many and was super interactive in them. Had far too much time on my hands back then :/
It was a good learning experience if nothing else though.
Loyal_SheeplingAug 8, 2023 7:54 PM
Aug 8, 2023 7:33 PM

Aug 2012
@LightWorker I feel you my username been with for so long I will never change.

Those communities were weird I'm glad they gone. I was part of The owl house community ran by OP here. I was a mod
Aug 8, 2023 7:53 PM

Feb 2020
@Order-Sol 
Oh that's cool sounds like you're known eachother for some time :D 
I have one or two friends on MAL that I met from PSN too.

I was both a mod and an owner using my smurf acc, as I didn't really trust too many others😅
Yeah it was wild in some communities, many weren't well-policed (tons of pr0n etc). 
Anime communities would constantly get trolled & flagged/deleted and some users would have the biggest grudges imaginable lol.
I do think it's good that their no more, but I did have fun with them and met some cool users from them.
Aug 8, 2023 7:58 PM
Yare Yare Daze

May 2022
AsymptoteCitizen said:

I never had a reason to use PSN nor any console-based socials, but I assume I don't miss much.

Overall, I guess online friendships are so 20th old century thing because the future is nothing but braindead AI bot-chats and the only interesting thing for flashy individuals with shaved bodies (both genders).

Instagram is a joke. I only used it to follow people when they wanted too. I was a Tumblr star.

You didn't PlayStation people were weird. PS3 wasn't too much social but PS4 version of it definitely was. It's required for PS5 just to run, they remove most the social shit

@LightWorker I met Sol back in the days of vanilla sf4. We live in the same town even to this day.
AmityblightAug 8, 2023 8:11 PM
Aug 8, 2023 9:25 PM
Jul 2018
Amityblight said:
AsymptoteCitizen said:

Instagram is a joke. I only used it to follow people when they wanted to. I was a Tumblr star.

You didn't PlayStation people were weird. PS3 wasn't too much social but the PS4 version of it definitely was. It's required for PS5 just to run, they remove most of the social shit.

I only found out about Tumblr's existence after its death.
You required internet just to run PS5?
Aug 8, 2023 9:43 PM
Yare Yare Daze

May 2022
AsymptoteCitizen said:
Amityblight said:

Instagram is a joke. I only used it to follow people when they wanted to. I was a Tumblr star.

You didn't PlayStation people were weird. PS3 wasn't too much social but the PS4 version of it definitely was. It's required for PS5 just to run, they remove most of the social shit.

I only found out about Tumblr's existence after its death.
You required internet just to run PS5?

By death you mean they removed NSFW content?
Well yeah majority of PS5 have no disc drive. It's just a box if you have no Internet.
Aug 8, 2023 10:20 PM

Mar 2008
Im not sure how i want to define a friend to begin with these days. Seems like I just get hurt no matter what.
Aug 9, 2023 3:31 AM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
Friends? They never feel like they belong next to me, they feel foolish and inferior next to me

Aug 9, 2023 5:42 AM

Jan 2023
At this point, I have a really hard time trusting anyone. Feels like I’m gonna get backstabbed again.
Aug 9, 2023 8:45 AM

Apr 2023
When they become a sith (= deal in absolutes) :O
Aug 9, 2023 9:14 AM

Sep 2017
I assume you mean irl? I blocked one of my best friends and cut him off after he'd shit on my on purpose to constantly "impress" his crush. AFAIK, he never managed to get her.
خ
Aug 9, 2023 3:37 PM
Yare Yare Daze

May 2022
@AsymptoteCitizen You can't the menu won't load until you update it.

@BitChilly I had to learn how to read people. Once you do you can spot a real homie easy.

@Fatephile of course he didn't cornball simp. He's a bitch he deserved to blocked.

@traed Mal people are fake as AF. In real life? Kinda what I said to chilly
Aug 13, 2023 2:00 AM

Mar 2021
I think if they say something morally objectionable (say, against a marginalized group), it's perfectly acceptable to not be friends with them.
"Molly Ringwald" out right now - check my Linktree!

Aug 13, 2023 6:23 AM

Jul 2014
It honestly takes quite a lot for me to completely give up on someone as a friend, but I will say that morally indefensible behaviour is up there. For example, one of my best friends in high school ended up grooming a 14-year-old girl when he was 19 so I had to cut the fucker off.
Take care of yourself

Aug 13, 2023 6:28 AM

Aug 2023
Lack of respect, losing interests and talking less, fight over something usually are my reasons 
Aug 13, 2023 6:32 AM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
The moment your friend thinks he is better than you, you know it's time to your separate ways

Aug 13, 2023 10:41 AM

Oct 2022
My reasons would be:
-I see them as immoral
-I think they have no chemistry with me
-We both barely interact anymore

How I see it, it is very dependent on how you for yourself define what a friend is. Maybe a friend is someone you just do small talk with at work, maybe a friend needs to have been with you for years. I would say I have a high enough bar as to who I consider a friend, so I rarely find myself unfriending them. On the internet I do not think being "friends" on some site like steam, discord or whatever else has much meaning. At least I would not consider them friendships.
Aug 13, 2023 1:26 PM
Feb 2010
A reason I stopped being friends with someone is if they purposefully hurt me or any of my family without remorse, talking shit behind my back, or become a user around me taking advantage of my friendship.

I always give second chances to the right people, but 9 times out of 10 you don't get a second chance with me if you break those three reasons.  

Aug 13, 2023 1:38 PM

Oct 2017
I personally do not care about relationships that aren't very strong and genuine. Like, you know maybe the more surface level friends, I really don't care about them.
Aug 13, 2023 3:50 PM

Oct 2016
I used to be a doormat but after college I finally got some self confidence and refused to let people walk on me like they used to. So now its mainly if they are rude to me or my family/friends. I did stop being friends with one person though when I found out he was a chomo.
Aug 13, 2023 4:13 PM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
I tend to distance myself from negative people, sometimes even unconsciously. I still consider them friends, though. I'd only stop being friends with a person who hurts others or is behaving like a douchebag in general.

I don't want to be an enabler or turn a blind eye to their wrongdoings, so sometimes your only option is to cut them out and hope they grow/wake up eventually.
Aug 14, 2023 4:54 PM

Jan 2015
For me, it usually comes down to one of the following (all things that have happened to me & I cut ties):

1. Is manipulative
  2. Never makes any time for you even though they always seem to have time for everyone else (S/O's & Spouses not included here, that's to be expected)
  3. Downs/dogs you in a non-joking way (real friends will pick on each other about shit of course, but it crosses a line when it becomes hurtful)
  4. Not being supportive/being negative when you're trying to reach a goal or something traumatic happens (like a death in the family) (Of course I don't mean not being supportive if you're about to do something stupid, they shouldn't support that & should try to talk you out of it)
  5. Uses you (for money, attention, etc.)
  6. Talks shit about you behind your back
  7. Doesn't have your back (of course, if you were in the wrong, this point is invalid)
  8. Makes you feel like a burden or is outright hurtful for no valid reason (not counting just the occasional bad day of course, we all have them)
  9. Makes you feel like you have to walk on eggshells when you're around them
  10. Treats you like shit around their other friends (had this happen many times
  11. Never listens to or helps you with your problems but you always are there for them
  12. Toxic positivity

There's probably more but these are the big ones I could think of

More topics from this board

» how do you guys feel about summer?

JessicaKari - 60 minutes ago

8 by YungStairwell »»
24 seconds ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

779 by Crawlie »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you think the revolution of robots, machines and AIs will happen this century?

Absurdo_N - 3 hours ago

5 by Freshell »»
4 minutes ago

» I bought a pack of Cigarettes.

scarydragon - Mar 29

26 by Freshell »»
8 minutes ago

» Any professional artists here?

DesuMaiden - 12 hours ago

12 by traed »»
44 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.