Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 8, 2023 10:44 AM

Dec 2019
Saw this on Twitter and found the striking difference in details with the anime and manga to be hilarious with the classrooms lol. The staff behind the anime paid so much attention to detail which is awesome, but man the manga artist could've put a bit more to the area there (especially since it's a special students classroom with a few people in it).

https://twitter.com/arc94686736/status/1688313833990070272

Aug 8, 2023 10:58 AM
Negator

Mar 2022
Manga one is so off putting, why is it a standard modern classroom? Anime definitely did it way better justice.
Aug 8, 2023 10:58 AM
Aug 2022
glad they changed it
Aug 8, 2023 11:02 AM

Dec 2019
MusashiKarlsefni said:
Manga one is so off putting, why is it a standard modern classroom? Anime definitely did it way better justice.
One of the reasons why the manga doesnt have the best reputation, especially with MT fans who have experienced either the anime or light novels. A lot of details at times just feels lazy in the manga at times and this is one of many examples. Just didnt remember how bad the difference in creativity is until I saw it online. Even if it was only for one panel being the main focus, couldve done a lot more.
Aug 8, 2023 11:16 AM
Dec 2020
Anime gives the scene and world so much more personality
Aug 8, 2023 11:27 AM
Dec 2020
Manta130 said:
glad they changed it

the anime and manga are adaptations of the light novel. the manga is not the original source in this case
Aug 8, 2023 11:36 AM

Apr 2021
Manga is inferior to the LN and cuts a whole lot of details. The anime is based on the LN and hence...
Aug 8, 2023 11:38 AM
Mar 2023
It looks a lot better in the anime
Aug 8, 2023 11:38 AM
Jan 2022
It feels weird to have the manga version of a classroom for a Mushoku Tensei style anime. The manga classroom feels like either a romance anime or a fantasy magic school style classroom that is based off school life.
Aug 8, 2023 11:48 AM
Apr 2022
they did it better in the anime
Aug 8, 2023 12:10 PM
Community Mod
Equanimity

Nov 2020
Wow that's really a big difference, seems like they weren't that creative or didn't want to invest that much effort in the design in the manga xD
Aug 8, 2023 1:08 PM

Feb 2021
Just shows why the manga is so much inferior and why it’s an waste of time to read something that’s not even the source, but an inferior copy as well.
Aug 8, 2023 1:27 PM
Jul 2020
The Mushoku Tensei manga is a FAMOUSLY bad adaptation.

And there’s a reason for that.
Aug 8, 2023 1:28 PM

Jul 2017
I saw that comparison yesterday and it's something else. Especially considering the delays and monthly releases with the manga, wish there was just more effort put behind the layouts and designs for settings. Although that is only one of many issues with the Mushoku Tensei manga. Anime's classroom looks phenomenal and fits Mushoku Tensei's world and setting incredibly well.

MadanielFL said:
Just shows why the manga is so much inferior and why it’s an waste of time to read something that’s not even the source, but an inferior copy as well.

In a year's time, there's going to be barely any incentive to read the manga since the anime should pass it temporarily as it adapts volumes 10-12. It is crazy how the manga's been releasing for nearly a decade now and it's not even adapted half of the Mushoku Tensei's light novels, but the anime should be very close to it after starting in just 2021.
Aug 8, 2023 2:25 PM

Oct 2013
I like the manga design since its staying true to tropes so much which I enjoy despite there not being enough students to fill that room lol 
Not that the anime one is bad but I wonder how it must be sitting there and the sun light hits that glass from the outside or window and just blinds you while studying or worse taking a test 
Aug 8, 2023 2:39 PM

Oct 2013
animejas said:
MadanielFL said:
In a year's time, there's going to be barely any incentive to read the manga since the anime should pass it temporarily as it adapts volumes 10-12. It is crazy how the manga's been releasing for nearly a decade now and it's not even adapted half of the Mushoku Tensei's light novels, but the anime should be very close to it after starting in just 2021.
anime somewhere around mid 50 in terms of manga chapters and chapter 92 came out today, this season will be 12 episode and we have to wait 6 or 7 months for Part II so I think manga will still be slightly ahead, especially when Part II finishes airing and who knows how long we have to wait until season 3 
Aug 8, 2023 2:57 PM

Jul 2017
Deknijff said:
animejas said:
anime somewhere around mid 50 in terms of manga chapters and chapter 92 came out today, this season will be 12 episode and we have to wait 6 or 7 months for Part II so I think manga will still be slightly ahead, especially when Part II finishes airing and who knows how long we have to wait until season 3 

Manga's chapters are becoming shorter and shorter though. Currently, it is at the start of Volume 11 of the LNs by comparison with the latest chapter, but the progress of releases is really, really slow. It's been nearly 10 years with covering just over 10 full volumes, and a 6 month break till Spring 2024 means that the manga might still be in Volume 11 territory by then, or maybe just at the very beginning of 12. I think the anime will briefly pass it, then the manga will pass it again until season 3 where the anime will have enough to go past the manga for good given how slow it is.
Aug 8, 2023 3:01 PM

Oct 2013
animejas said:
Deknijff said:
Manga's chapters are becoming shorter and shorter though. Currently, it is at the start of Volume 11 of the LNs by comparison with the latest chapter, but the progress of releases is really, really slow. It's been nearly 10 years with covering just over 10 full volumes, and a 6 month break till Spring 2024 means that the manga might still be in Volume 11 territory by then, or maybe just at the very beginning of 12. I think the anime will briefly pass it, then the manga will pass it again until season 3 where the anime will have enough to go past the manga for good given how slow it is.
Yeah whenever season 3 comes out most likely will be pretty ahead of the manga, would be funny if manga finally gets to Season 3 Part I ending only for Season 3 Part II to start airing just as it happens
Aug 8, 2023 3:03 PM

Mar 2016
Manga looks like a fucking generic ass high school romcom layout lmaooo 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Aug 9, 2023 12:49 AM
Jun 2023
I just wanna know why the classroom has so many seats that are just wasted here. Aint this for special students and only few are there? Seems pointless to keep so many extra in the manga. Anime's amount makes way more sense
Aug 9, 2023 11:47 AM

Oct 2013
KLow95 said:
I just wanna know why the classroom has so many seats that are just wasted here. Aint this for special students and only few are there? Seems pointless to keep so many extra in the manga. Anime's amount makes way more sense
You could always just assume that its like that so it can be used as regular classroom incase something happens in another classroom that makes it unavailable 
Aug 9, 2023 3:14 PM
Jan 2023
The Manga has a lot of things that are not even mention. Two more examples are Dead End's party on the Great forest, the Manga doesn't even mention it, it goes from rudeus waking up to them leaving. And the Anime had 3 episodes of Rudeus meeting with Sara's party, her rescue and subsequent broken heart with Rudeus, and the next episode is Rudeus fighting with Sol's party, the Manga, once again, didn't even mention it, it goes straight to the fight with the dragon, not even the setup, mostly Rudeus killing the dragon. I like the Manga as a way to have a visual representation of things not yet on the anime that i'll read on the LN, but man, they are cutting a lot of stuff. Is nice to see that the anime is making it justice.

Edit: Going back to the main topic, i really like that they went for a more magic like classroom rather than the standard one.
Aug 9, 2023 7:30 PM

Aug 2020
Well thats certainly one reason why I didnt like the school arc reading the manga.

The anime's design is leagues better.
Keep scrolling
Aug 9, 2023 9:24 PM

Jul 2020
The anime is based on the light novel
Aug 10, 2023 9:01 AM
Feb 2023
like many people have already said, the manga is inferior in almost every way compared to the LN. I would never recommend the manga to people wanting more from the series. it adds nothing and leaves out so much. which is saying something, like how on earth can the LN paint such vivid pictures and detail of the world, while the actual visual adaptation lacks that same detail. If you strictly want to read the manga more power to you, just know it is a weak adaptation at best.

More topics from this board

» Is Rudy still SUS?

kingsley_017 - Jul 12

26 by K-Arlovski »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2023

511 by addictedtoliving »»
Yesterday, 3:21 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Sep 24, 2023

462 by Ragnar00lobrock »»
Jul 12, 9:18 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2023

301 by plaggbeart69 »»
Jul 7, 11:35 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2023

286 by Ragnar00lobrock »»
Jul 7, 6:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.