Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 16, 2023 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
We got another main character introduced...Sophie who uses unarmed combat.

I still can't stand Blade's personality much in this episode. Can't he ever stand still for more than 5 minutes? Arnest is also showing more of her girly side, a contrast to the first episode. On the other hand, this anime does have a somewhat serious tone and Sophie seems more tolerable as a character.
Jul 16, 2023 8:11 AM

Aug 2017
That was a nice date, glad they know each other secrets already. 

Fanservice in this show is good, largely carries it for me.
Jul 16, 2023 8:11 AM

Nov 2011
This anime is nothing special but there's always that one fantasy anime each season I just thoroughly enjoy and I think this one is going to be it.

I feel like Blade is the type of character you either hate or really like and for me I really like him. He hasn't had much human interaction so he doesn't know what's Normal which they tackled this episode. I like how he busted into the Womans shower not giving a damn lol.

Earnest was cute this episode was well. Felt like I was watching Food Wars at times.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jul 16, 2023 8:37 AM
Sep 2015
It's like this anime is trying to be bad (like Ex-Arm) or trying to become a meme (like Kaminaki) however, it failed, now it's just a normal anime.
Jul 16, 2023 8:55 AM

Dec 2021
So Blade has gathered Arnest, Sophie, and the Doc. Looks like he's assembling quite the group, huh? Lol. But poor Sophie, she was practically engineered to become the next Hero. Hopefully, now that she's become Blade's friend, she can finally have a "normal" life. Well, maybe normal-ish, considering the kind of guy who interrupts a girl's shower to ask her out probably isn't the epitome of "normal." Lol.

There are plenty of enjoyable fan service moments in this episode, but the comedic moments are also good I guess. That entire "date" was hilarious and incredibly adorable. I wasn't expecting the plot to take such a dramatic and serious turn, but I'm glad Blade and Sophie had the opportunity to open up to each other. Being a Hero isn't all it's cracked up to be, but at least Blade has Sophie by his side now.

Jul 16, 2023 8:59 AM
Jun 2022
Now this is how you direct an anime. Hope the production team who worked on KamiKatsu are watching.
Jul 16, 2023 9:02 AM

Dec 2022
Very good episode
Jul 16, 2023 9:08 AM

Jan 2008
Plenty of serviceable moments and shots throughout the episode. The bonding between Blade and Sophie at the end wasn't a complete cringefest either. This show has been pretty decent so far. While it's not amazing, it's much better than expected. 
Jul 16, 2023 9:20 AM

Jan 2023
Sophie and Blade have a sad past, but things are a little bit better after that adorable date :)
Also, lots of funny moment in that episode, I had a good time watching it.
Jul 16, 2023 9:36 AM
Apr 2020
Decent episode .
That indian serial effects at the end got me lol
Jul 16, 2023 10:29 AM
May 2021
Blade and Sophie are hella cute together 😂❤
Jul 16, 2023 10:30 AM
May 2021
hannibal_l said:
Decent episode .
That indian serial effects at the end got me lol

Ya that showing a same reaction 3 times 🤣🤣
Jul 16, 2023 10:49 AM

Oct 2017
Sophie focused episode, we got to know about her. Both Sophie and Arnest was cute this episode. Fanservice was nice too, need more of those bikini scene.
Jul 16, 2023 10:53 AM

Jan 2022
This show is so stupid but in a good way. it doesn't take itself so seriously and rolls with the punches. On another note, it took me a while, but the art style reminds me of Queens Blade. Does anyone else see the resemblance?
Jul 16, 2023 10:58 AM
Jul 16, 2023 10:58 AM
Mar 2021
I'll give it 2 more eps
Jul 16, 2023 11:00 AM
Jul 2021
Whoever described episode 1 as a speedrun had it right, it's like the director has a checklist of generic OP battle harem tropes and was continually whipping his staff to check them off faster. There was no buildup or time for the characters to get to know each other so this felt hollow for me. The prevalent slideshow segments certainly don't help either. Gonna give this one more epi but it's been somewhat dull so far with no visible promise of improvement.
Jul 16, 2023 12:13 PM
Feb 2023
Parody in this episode :
- Shaft head tilt
- Shokugeki no Soma
- Bokuyaba
- Doraemon

They should put "parody" genre
RosenflaJul 16, 2023 12:23 PM
Jul 16, 2023 12:16 PM

Feb 2023
Damn, I was surprised, This episode was actually pretty fun and entertaining. Much better than the first episode.
I like how we are going more into Blade's backstory and learning Sophie's.  Really like the direction this anime is going, might want to check out the manga soon after it finishes airing too.
Jul 16, 2023 12:22 PM

May 2021
Okay, that's a drop for me. All these reincarnated MCs seem to keep only memories convenient to the storyline. How on earth can you forget what a "date" is. Even if you are the unluckiest, ugliest and most clumsy person on this planet at one point you had a crush. Not knowing what that is after decades of your life and seeing other people do it, even if you didn't, is impossible. This is turning into kind of romcom and am not liking it. It's probably going to be entertaining to some people but I don't find this kind of humor funny.
MeanEYEJul 16, 2023 12:27 PM
Jul 16, 2023 12:25 PM

Dec 2018
a lot of character building in this episode, even with the silly date stuff. overall, it could have been a lot worse, at least it served a purpose.
Jul 16, 2023 1:35 PM

Nov 2012
My interest plummeted. As a matter of fact, it's gone. I'm out. Enjoy!
Jul 16, 2023 1:44 PM
Jan 2022
I can I see it coming a mile away arnest will see blade and Sophie holding hands and she is going to feel rejected and heartbroken she'll see how close they are becoming and she'll be in tears either she'll slap him or run away one out of the two or both slap and run
Jul 16, 2023 3:18 PM

Jun 2016
Funny ep. the date was hilarious, Sophie is so kawaii (kuudere characters are really amusing for me), Arnest's reactions are so funny too, the typical redhead tsundere.
Nothing above average but at least this series is somewhat cute and entertaining.
Jul 16, 2023 3:26 PM

Jul 2023
standar sih ceritanya yang bikin anime ini biasa aja sih lebih ke kualitas gambar dan dialog antar tokoh nya yang biasa aja
Jul 16, 2023 3:42 PM

Feb 2008
Was this episode supposed to be a tribute to Osamu Dezaki? They did a bunch of "postcard memories" and frame repetitions that were characteristic for his direction.

Jul 16, 2023 3:50 PM

Apr 2008
phantomfandom said:
It's like this anime is trying to be bad (like Ex-Arm) or trying to become a meme (like Kaminaki) however, it failed, now it's just a normal anime.
Yeah... it's gotta be on purpose that it's this dumb, but then they throw in those serious last few minutes? Just doesn't work.
Jul 16, 2023 4:27 PM
Jun 2019
Did anyone notice that sophie is literally rei ayanami???
Jul 16, 2023 5:25 PM

Feb 2019
So it seems like my fears about Earnest after last episode did come true. She’s going to become a generic harem member for comedic relief, sigh. She was way cooler last week.

80 percent of this episode was hilarious fun. The “date” was great and the girls stalking blade had me cracking up. Obligatory fanservice that looked amazing too.

Didn’t expect things to get so serious at the end with Sophie and Blade tho. That was a pretty cool moment. Blade’s been carrying a lot of that trauma from being the great hero for a long time and now he has someone he can actually confide in about that

I like how she’s basically an Ayanami Rei reference lol.
Jul 16, 2023 5:46 PM

Oct 2013
Meh. Will probably give it one more ep before I drop.

Both this ep and last ep felt rushed as fuck with it feeling like an entire series crammed into one episode. Both on last ep's Earnest problems and now with Blade and Sophie.

Idk if the material is like that or the anime is just rushing but the lack of buildup and the random whiplash between serious and funny just doesn't make it work.

For the record, I can enjoy Sekken anime quite a bit (heck, I enjoyed Iceblade Sorcerer from a season or two ago) but this just doesn't work. You either go serious, or go full parody. Can't have both. Especially in this way.
Jul 16, 2023 8:20 PM

Sep 2018
What garbage, easily in my bottom five for this season. Not sure I like anything about this show lol, poor soundtrack choice, doesn't fit well with many of the scenes, a lack of animation, shitty rip off Shaft head tilts, "seen it all before" characters, doesn't take itself seriously one minute, then "big drama" the next, etc...

Jul 16, 2023 8:27 PM

Sep 2016
I really liked this episode. Really balanced goofiness and plot progressing emotion. Sophie and Blade were really cute hanging out XD
Jul 16, 2023 9:36 PM

Mar 2013
It was a rather cute episode, I guess we won't be having any action anytime soon.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jul 17, 2023 12:33 AM
Jul 2023
transisi nya jelek bener dah, dari segala aspek pun jelek tapi ceritanya lumayan sih
Jul 17, 2023 12:41 AM

Jul 2019
Dang, that was a really good second episode, had a really good mix of humor, ecchi, and drama. Wasn't sold after the first episode, but think I am after this one.
Jul 17, 2023 1:30 AM
Feb 2022
MeanEYE said:
Okay, that's a drop for me. All these reincarnated MCs seem to keep only memories convenient to the storyline. How on earth can you forget what a "date" is. Even if you are the unluckiest, ugliest and most clumsy person on this planet at one point you had a crush. Not knowing what that is after decades of your life and seeing other people do it, even if you didn't, is impossible. This is turning into kind of romcom and am not liking it. It's probably going to be entertaining to some people but I don't find this kind of humor funny.

Bro he’s not reincarnated🤦‍♂️ did you even watch the show? He literally grew up on the battlefield and this episode literally showed how his trauma affected him. Being born a hero and having the weight of it on his shoulders his whole life really took a toll on him when people complained and ridiculed him if he failed to save everyone. Obviously he wouldn’t know basic things like going on dates if he never experienced a normal life. That’s literally why he’s at the school 🤦‍♂️ he says it time and time again he wants to be normal and just experience normal everyday things like learning, dates, etc. stop hating and start watching with your eyes
Jul 17, 2023 2:49 AM

May 2021
PANDA7109 said:
MeanEYE said:

Bro he’s not reincarnated🤦‍♂️ did you even watch the show? He literally grew up on the battlefield and this episode literally showed how his trauma affected him. Being born a hero and having the weight of it on his shoulders his whole life really took a toll on him when people complained and ridiculed him if he failed to save everyone. Obviously he wouldn’t know basic things like going on dates if he never experienced a normal life. That’s literally why he’s at the school 🤦‍♂️ he says it time and time again he wants to be normal and just experience normal everyday things like learning, dates, etc. stop hating and start watching with your eyes
Semantics. He takes a wound which implies it's fatal considering he says "it's over" and now he's regaining his power in school. Semantics. It's not really reincarnation but he starts over, which is the whole point.

Regardless of all that, you can't be old enough to be on the battlefield and not know what a boner is.
Jul 17, 2023 6:06 AM

Jul 2011
MeanEYE said:
PANDA7109 said:

Semantics. He takes a wound which implies it's fatal considering he says "it's over" and now he's regaining his power in school. Semantics. It's not really reincarnation but he starts over, which is the whole point.

Regardless of all that, you can't be old enough to be on the battlefield and not know what a boner is.
+1

Making characters artificially dumb for the sake of comedy is quite a trope in the anime industry sadly
Jul 17, 2023 8:02 AM

Nov 2022
First ep was good but this one is even better, lovely ecchi, good fun and some emotions too, looking forward to more!
hich4n_Jul 17, 2023 8:08 AM
Jul 17, 2023 8:17 AM

May 2021
nick_el_son said:
MeanEYE said:

+1

Making characters artificially dumb for the sake of comedy is quite a trope in the anime industry sadly
Indeed, and an annoying one at that. There are so many different ways of getting to that point of recovery of whatever if they are so insistent on having it. This way it's just lazy. Ooh he was too good and now it's not, wonder what will happen in next 12 episodes.
Jul 17, 2023 9:02 AM

Jun 2016
sophie actually is cute and super waifu material
Jul 17, 2023 6:18 PM
Nov 2020
honestly if every episode is an anime waifu trope Speedrun like the past two have been I'm down. it's funny as hell. I hope every episode is just as absurd.
Jul 17, 2023 6:21 PM
Nov 2020
Lowoto said:

yeah like one of the most blatant rei clones out there, tbf there are a lot of rei clones in the post eva world, but Sophie is especially blatant.
Jul 17, 2023 8:42 PM

Jul 2014
Normal = Youth = Love = Date. Flawless logic right there lol. Poor Earnest though, but her reaction was so cute <3.

And then he just barges into the girls' shower. Naked Sophie... YES!

That school nurse with the black tights and the crossed legs... damn.

That eyecatch with Sophie saying "Yes, officer, this man right here" lmao.

The date with the 3 girls tailing them was hilarious and cute. Unexpected swimsuits because why not and unexpected Earnest's foodgasms, man, the fanservice is being great and more plentiful than I expected.

Earnest with the cute reactions again while following them. Sophie is a cute kuudere though and she is voiced by Nao Touyama which is great.

Show got suddenly serious at the end but it was resolved pretty fast. It felt kind of rushed but I don't mind.

Another pretty fun episode, I'm really liking this show.
Jul 17, 2023 9:21 PM

Mar 2008
What an odd feeling episode. Both silly and serious.
Jul 18, 2023 8:24 AM

May 2019
I'm not sure which direction this anime is going but this episode was both silly and got more serious towards the end. Blade was the hero and Sophie was an experiment to be the next hero, meanwhile Earnest followed them during their date (not sure if she heard the final part as I didn't see her hiding anywhere).

So yeah I'm wondering if Sophie is still intent on becoming the next hero but it sounds like she's free to do whatever. I am curious what direction this takes though.
Jul 18, 2023 8:48 AM
Jul 2020
The music at the last part was actually really good. The saxophone set the mood quite well. I usually hate romantic moments and think they're boring but the end of this episode was actually really awesome to watch. Something about the music being good and the dialogue being not cringey really hit it out of the park. What a great episode I cant wait to see more. 
Jul 18, 2023 1:54 PM
Feb 2023
Lowoto said:

Yeah,

You can recognize Bokuyaba, doraemon and Shokugeki no Soma from Ep2
Jul 18, 2023 9:59 PM
Jan 2023
the ep touched my heart for sec i like it, but the hentai thing make it a little worse for me but i still love it
Jul 19, 2023 2:17 PM
Oct 2021
A chapter of friendship
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eiyuu Kyoushitsu Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2023

46 by RandumUvvU »»
May 12, 5:10 AM

Poll: » Eiyuu Kyoushitsu Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2023

32 by chocobo2603 »»
Apr 26, 6:32 PM

Poll: » Eiyuu Kyoushitsu Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2023

18 by Gator »»
Apr 1, 4:22 AM

Poll: » Eiyuu Kyoushitsu Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2023

37 by Gator »»
Mar 31, 4:09 AM

Poll: » Eiyuu Kyoushitsu Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2023

41 by Gator »»
Mar 31, 3:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.