Forum Settings
Forums

Manga '30-sai made Doutei dato Mahoutsukai ni Nareru Rashii' Gets TV Anime

New
Jul 14, 2023 4:28 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Avex Pictures opened an official website for a television anime adaptation of Yuu Toyota's 30-sai made Doutei dato Mahoutsukai ni Nareru Rashii (Cherry Magic! Thirty Years of Virginity Can Make You a Wizard?!) manga on Friday, revealing the main cast, staff, and a teaser visual (pictured).

Chiaki Kobayashi (Mashle, Jigokuraku) and Ryouta Suzuki (Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen, Tsurune: Kazemai Koukou Kyuudou-bu) are starring as Kiyoshi Adachi and Yuuichi Kurosawa, respectively.

Staff
Director: Yoshiko Okuda (Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi, Horimiya episode director)
Series Composition: Tomoko Konparu (Koori Zokusei Danshi to Cool na Douryou Joshi, Ao Haru Ride)
Character Design: Takahiro Kishida (Haikyuu!!, Orient)
Studio: Satelight

Toyota began posting the boys love supernatural comedy manga on their Twitter in January 2018 before Gangan pixiv began serializing it in September that year. Square Enix shipped the 11th volume on November 22, with the 12th volume planned for a July 23 release.

Square Enix began publishing the manga in English in 2020 and released the seventh volume on June 20. The eighth volume is scheduled to ship on August 22.

Synopsis
Office worker Kiyoshi Adachi has gone 30 years of life without ever having his cherry popped. Due to this profound accomplishment, he becomes a wizard with the ability to read minds through physical contact. However, he thinks his newly attained skill is hopelessly lame and has caused him to dislike crowded places.

On the way to his work, Adachi runs into his attractive and well-liked coworker, Yuuichi Kurosawa. Piqued by his personality, he furtively touches Kurosawa and takes a peek at his heart, only to find out that the man holds romantic dreams for a colleague at their office. Adachi attempts to connect the dots, but soon, Kurosawa's fantasies are laid bare—his coworker's perverted thoughts are meant for him! Despite doing his best to concentrate, he can now hardly remain focused with Kurosawa around. [Written by MAL Rewrite]

Official site: https://cherimaho-anime.com/
Official Twitter: @cherimahoanime

Source: Press Release

30-sai made Doutei dato Mahoutsukai ni Nareru Rashii on MAL

Jul 14, 2023 4:43 AM

Jul 2015
What's the deal with so many gay anime being announced recently?

Jul 14, 2023 4:45 AM

Feb 2017
I'm so excited!! Can't wait to watch this it looks so good!
Jul 14, 2023 4:50 AM

Mar 2010
Very happy this got a adaption! Loved the drama so was hoping this would also get a anime, very nice that it actually will be receiving one!
Jul 14, 2023 5:06 AM

Sep 2017
This is one of my favorite manga, I'm sooooooo happy!!!!!!
Jul 14, 2023 5:28 AM

Apr 2012
Considering the premise, it's strange that this is BL and not memelord ecchi. I don't know though, do gay people like wizard jokes too?
Jul 14, 2023 5:29 AM

Apr 2012
Piromysl said:
What do you mean by "previously announced gay shows"? That set from yuri manga and LN?
Jul 14, 2023 5:50 AM

Jan 2021
Yaaay! One of my favorite manga! Hopefully the adaptation can be as funny as the manga. So excited! 

Jul 14, 2023 6:34 AM

Feb 2012
Piromysl said:
Globohomo is making a push to swipe up the anime industry as well
Jul 14, 2023 6:40 AM

Apr 2016
Piromysl said:

Rise in the office sexual assault cases of 2022 ? Prevention i guess.
Jul 14, 2023 7:32 AM

Mar 2012
Is this the horny kind of BL? Don't know about the MC but I would have been disgusted by the co-worker and avoided him as much as possible if I was the MC, given this is BL he's gonna fall in love with him I guess(?)
Jul 14, 2023 7:42 AM

Feb 2021
Good. I read about the announcement in Twitter earlier.

Still, why choose this work and not much more popular like, for example, Blue Glag, The Scene of My Rumspringa, Dear Gene, Sayonara Game, Color Recipe, Love Circus.
Jul 14, 2023 7:52 AM

Aug 2021
I'm happy for the fujodanshis to get another healthy BL with consent, but... WHERE IS MY UNHEALTHY BL? I want a bl where uke violates seme's analog stick.
Absurdo_NJul 14, 2023 7:57 AM

Jul 14, 2023 7:59 AM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
What the hell, I actually recognize this manga lolol... there's a couple of volumes in my local library but I never read it cuz it's missing one. Ehh I dunno
Jul 14, 2023 8:45 AM
Jul 2018
Yay more bl

Lol @ the people complaining that more gay titles get animated. Bl I'd popular, what do you expect?
Jul 14, 2023 9:23 AM

Sep 2021
Maou_heika said:
Is this the horny kind of BL? Don't know about the MC but I would have been disgusted by the co-worker and avoided him as much as possible if I was the MC, given this is BL he's gonna fall in love with him I guess(?)

I only read the first 5 chapters some time ago (got distracted with Kieta Hatsekoi instead and forgot about this ^^), but I'd say the synopsis is exaggerating with "pervert thoughts". From what I remember, it was more on the cute side. Like "He looks cute again today" and "I wanna spend time with him".
Jul 14, 2023 9:44 AM

Mar 2012
Bisalissy said:
Maou_heika said:

I only read the first 5 chapters some time ago (got distracted with Kieta Hatsekoi instead and forgot about this ^^), but I'd say the synopsis is exaggerating with "pervert thoughts". From what I remember, it was more on the cute side. Like "He looks cute again today" and "I wanna spend time with him".
Thanks, then I'm gonna watch it.
Jul 14, 2023 10:05 AM
Jul 2016
Did you know Japanese has two words denoting virginity - shojo 処女 (female virginity) and doutei 童貞 (male virginity)?

Unfortunately, for Adachi, he's gonna stay a "doutei" for a long time lmao.

Anyways, this is a fun manga and it also has a live-action drama adaptation as well. Seems to be a trend for manga to recieve a drama adaptation before an anime adaptation.

Also another correct prediction from my interest stack.

Here's one of my favorite panels from the manga!

Also fun fact, this is not the only BL manga with this premise.
erikkamirsJul 14, 2023 10:35 AM
Jul 14, 2023 10:27 AM

Feb 2021
Maou_heika said:

Sadly no, it is typical office romance. It is similar as to previously announced My Boss is stupid.

Absurdo_N said:
I'm happy for the fujodanshis to get another healthy BL with consent, but... WHERE IS MY UNHEALTHY BL? I want a bl where uke violates seme's analog stick.

There are different manga BL stacks here on MAL, choose what you like: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/27765, https://myanimelist.net/stacks/16343, https://myanimelist.net/stacks/21280, https://myanimelist.net/stacks/21237

TinaTunaTina said:
Yay more bl

Lol @ the people complaining that more gay titles get animated. Bl I'd popular, what do you expect?

Of course it is popular. Sad that so few get anime adaptations. But recently we see a positive progress in this!
MemoreJul 14, 2023 10:40 AM
Jul 14, 2023 11:08 AM

Aug 2021
Memore said:
Maou_heika said:

Sadly no, it is typical office romance. It is similar as to previously announced My Boss is stupid.

Absurdo_N said:
I'm happy for the fujodanshis to get another healthy BL with consent, but... WHERE IS MY UNHEALTHY BL?  I want a bl where uke violates seme's analog stick.

There are different manga BL stacks here on MAL, choose what you like: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/27765, https://myanimelist.net/stacks/16343, https://myanimelist.net/stacks/21280, https://myanimelist.net/stacks/21237

TinaTunaTina said:
Yay more bl

Of course it is popular. Sad that so few get anime adaptations. But recently we see a positive progress in this!
Thanks for trying to help, but I already looked through those lists(and some didn't work the link).

Jul 14, 2023 11:14 AM

Feb 2021
Absurdo_N said:
Memore said:

Thanks for trying to help, but I already looked through those lists(and some didn't work the link).

You are welcome! I am glad that I can help you.
Jul 14, 2023 11:49 AM
Jul 2016
Memore said:
Still, why choose this work and not much more popular like, for example, Blue Glag, The Scene of My Rumspringa, Dear Gene, Sayonara Game, Color Recipe, Love Circus.

I have a hobby of predicting manga that will recieve anime adaptations. This Manga was actually one of my correct predictions. Here were some key points for its anime adaptation.

- Manga We Want to See Animated Poll 2022 - 7th place
This is a yearly ranking that denotes popular manga that voters want to see get anime adaptations. Multiple manga from this poll have recieved anime adaptations - including Uramichi Oniisan, Solo Leveling, Komi can't communicate, etc. Basically, if you rank within the top 10, there's a decent chance, you may get an anime adaptation.

- Received a live-action drama adaptation + live action film
Basically, there's multiple manga that recieve live action adaptations before receiving anime adaptations. For example, Tomodachi Game recieved a 2017 film and television adaptation before getting a 2022 anime adaptation. If folks like the manga in one medium, they'll like it in another.

- 2 million copies in circulation
Sales are important for anime adaptations. You want to guarantee that you can get fans of the manga to watch the anime. I currently cannot find sales figures for the other manga listed. Usually, manga love to boast sales figures. I can't really find any sales figures for the manga you listed.

-Official English Translation
No company is going to liscense and translate a manga unless they have a guarantee for sales. Isekai Shikkaku was liscensed by Seven Seas Entertainment in May 2022, then it was announced for an anime adaptation in July 2022.

Also another fair point is that usually if a manga is getting an anime adaptation, it's gonna need at least 30-40 chapters to make a 12 episode anime. Although there have been exceptions, including Tasogare Out Focus which only has 1 volume and Mask Danshi which only boasts 20(?) chapters - and are both receiving OVAs.
Scene of My Rumspringa only has 2 volumes.
Dear Gene has 2 volumes.
Sayonara Game has 1 volume.
Color Recipe has 2 volumes.
Loved Circus has 1 volume.

Color Recipe and Loved Circus both deal with very dark subject matter, which might not suit an anime adaptation.

In comparison, Cherry Magic has 11 volumes, which is enough material for an adaptation. Also, it's relatively tame.

I do think it's odd that Blue Flag has 8 volumes, but still doesn't even have a live-action adaptation. I guess it's hard to figure out sales figures for a digital manga. It also has a couple awards - including 3rd place in the 2017 Tsugi no Kuru Manga Awards in the web manga division. The manga was nominated as a finalist in the graphic novel category of the 41st Los Angeles Times Book Prizes show. So maybe one day?

Anyways, in conclusion, Cherry Magic was a pretty likely contender for an anime adaptation. At least according to my metrics.

Jul 14, 2023 12:02 PM

Feb 2021
erikkamirs said:
Memore said:

I have a hobby of predicting manga that will recieve anime adaptations. This Manga was actually one of my correct predictions. Here were some key points for its anime adaptation.

This is a yearly ranking that denotes popular manga that voters want to see get anime adaptations. Multiple manga from this poll have recieved anime adaptations - including Uramichi Oniisan, Solo Leveling, Komi can't communicate, etc. Basically, if you rank within the top 10, there's a decent chance, you may get an anime adaptation.

Basically, there's multiple manga that recieve live action adaptations before receiving anime adaptations. For example, Tomodachi Game recieved a 2017 film and television adaptation before getting a 2022 anime adaptation. If folks like the manga in one medium, they'll like it in another.

Sales are important for anime adaptations. You want to guarantee that you can get fans of the manga to watch the anime. I currently cannot find sales figures for the other manga listed. Usually, manga love to boast sales figures. I can't really find any sales figures for the manga you listed.

No company is going to liscense and translate a manga unless they have a guarantee for sales. Isekai Shikkaku was liscensed by Seven Seas Entertainment in May 2022, then it was announced for an anime adaptation in July 2022.

Also another fair point is that usually if a manga is getting an anime adaptation, it's gonna need at least 30-40 chapters to make a 12 episode anime. Although there have been exceptions, including Tasogare Out Focus which only has 1 volume and Mask Danshi which only boasts 20(?) chapters - and are both receiving OVAs.
Dear Gene has 2 volumes.

Color Recipe and Loved Circus both deal with very dark subject matter, which might not suit an anime adaptation.

In comparison, Cherry Magic has 11 volumes, which is enough material for an adaptation. Also, it's relatively tame.

I do think it's odd that Blue Flag has 8 volumes, but still doesn't even have a live-action adaptation. I guess it's hard to figure out sales figures for a digital manga. It also has a couple awards - including 3rd place in the 2017 Tsugi no Kuru Manga Awards in the web manga division. The manga was nominated as a finalist in the graphic novel category of the 41st Los Angeles Times Book Prizes show. So maybe one day?

Anyways, in conclusion, Cherry Magic was a pretty likely contender for an anime adaptation. At least according to my metrics.

You are right. Still all these titles should receive OVAs, Blue Flag REALLY DESERVES full anime adaptation. I like it so much!
Jul 14, 2023 2:29 PM
Jan 2019
erikkamirs said:
Memore said:

Dear Gene has 2 volumes.

Wow kudos for such a detailed analysis, I thoroughly enjoyed going through it!
Also, isn't 11 volumes a lot for a bl manga? The majority I've read through the years are on average 1-3 volumes long and I've rarely came across a bl that has more than, lets say 4 volumes, let alone 11.
Jul 14, 2023 6:03 PM

May 2017
Super exicted for this, have been praying for the anime adaptation😭and now they did! I hope they took note from the LA adaptation, anyway can't wait for this!
Jul 14, 2023 9:39 PM

May 2017
aaaahhh my fav series got adapted!! can't believe this! I love the live action sooo muchTT literally one of the best japan BL live action that they ever make imo, the live action even manage to peak interest from gp, glad it got adapted♡
Jul 15, 2023 2:35 AM

Feb 2021
Nutella71 said:
erikkamirs said:

Dear Gene has 2 volumes.

Also, isn't 11 volumes a lot for a bl manga? The majority I've read through the years are on average 1-3 volumes long and I've rarely came across a bl that has more than, lets say 4 volumes, let alone 11.

There are BL mangas which has more volumes, for example, Okane ga Nai (17 volumes, ongoing), Koisuru Boukun (13 volumes, ongoing).
Jul 15, 2023 8:13 AM

Feb 2011
I can't believe I've gone this far without having read the manga or watched the drama, I need to get my butt in gear.
眠れないのは君のせい
Jul 15, 2023 8:26 AM

Mar 2010
Chouninatte said:
I can't believe I've gone this far without having read the manga or watched the drama, I need to get my butt in gear.
I definitely recommend the drama! It has veteran actors so it won't disappoint in that department. Manga is great as well :>
Jul 15, 2023 9:43 AM

Feb 2011
Stardew said:
Chouninatte said:
I definitely recommend the drama! It has veteran actors so it won't disappoint in that department. Manga is great as well :>
I've heard a lot of good things about the drama. :D
眠れないのは君のせい
Jul 15, 2023 11:40 AM
Jan 2019
Memore said:
Nutella71 said:

There are BL mangas which has more volumes, for example, Okane ga Nai (17 volumes, ongoing), Koisuru Boukun (13 volumes, ongoing).
Yeah but I still think they're kind of the outliers. I also know of Super lovers (16 volumes, ongoing), Junjou Romantica (27 volumes, ongoing), Given (10 volumes)...I guess I was just surprised because Tasogare Outfocus is also getting an anime and that in itself without spin offs is barely a volume long. 
Jul 15, 2023 11:44 AM

Apr 2009
I remember watching  a bit of the Live action and it was fine, but a bit boring. Can't wait for people who never read BL manga to over-hype this as "finally a non problematic BL" lmao like it happens every time.

Swagernator said:
Piromysl said:

Jesus you people only have one joke.

Jul 15, 2023 11:54 AM

Feb 2021
Nutella71 said:
Memore said:

Yeah but I still think they're kind of the outliers. I also know of Super lovers (16 volumes, ongoing), Junjou Romantica (27 volumes, ongoing), Given (10 volumes)...I guess I was just surprised because Tasogare Outfocus is also getting an anime and that in itself without spin offs is barely a volume long. 

Given was adapted into TV anime, movie and OVA, also another anime is coming, Okane ga Nai was adapted into OVA, Koisuru also was adapted into OVA, Junjou was adapted into TV and OVA. Indeed, Tasogare is not so well known BL work. Still, I hope for Ao no Flag get anime adaptation.
Jin_uzuki said:
I remember watching  a bit of the Live action and it was fine, but a bit boring. Can't wait for people who never read BL manga to over-hype this as "finally a non problematic BL" lmao like it happens every time.

Swagernator said:

Jesus you people only have one joke.

Indeed. Why reply on the topic that you don't like.
Jul 15, 2023 5:42 PM
Sep 2018
I’m surprised that this is getting anime like I thought they would just focus on the Jdrama but hey never say never I suppose!

More topics from this board

» Q2 2024 Anime & Manga Licenses

Snow - Apr 5

2 by alpha_shadow »»
59 minutes ago

» 'Overlord: Sei Oukoku-hen' Movie Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer, Fall 2024 Premiere

Doshigatai - Mar 22

6 by rikazkhan »»
3 hours ago

» 'Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Mar 4

1 by AxaraCereb »»
Yesterday, 2:31 PM

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 25

18 by MrShadowDUH »»
Yesterday, 2:21 PM

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Apr 25

9 by Playcool »»
Yesterday, 12:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.