Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jul 12, 2023 8:27 PM
Apr 2023
I really like the feel of how Aya and Tsugaru interact with each other. It's like watching Araragi and Shinobu bantering against one another.

This surely is becoming a fun anime for this season.
Jul 12, 2023 8:30 PM
Feb 2022
thehornedrat said:
Gosh this show. Trash but delicious trash that smells and tastes great!
this isn't trash your opinion is one though
Jul 12, 2023 8:51 PM

Oct 2022
It actually does feel a lot like In/Spectre. Except this couple has actual chemistry, I love how Shinuchi is a goof and is constantly pissing her off, in In/Spectre case tho… I’m pretty sure if you put two rocks side by side they’ll have more chemistry than Kotoko and the MC
Jul 12, 2023 9:57 PM
Apr 2023
(Once past the first episode where they had to describe how the head-cage girl was like 14 or something), I'm really enjoying the mystery solving in this.

Felt really sad that have to wait another week (when the episode felt so fast!) to get closure on the vampire murder(? - I just thought it was assisted suicide or something at first).

Looking forward to next time, and hopefully it stays as a fun show with mini-mysteries!
Jul 12, 2023 11:17 PM

Feb 2021
So who's the murderer? I think it's the old buttler.
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jul 12, 2023 11:48 PM

Jan 2022
Wow, I love the gimmicks of the two leads and the story thus far. This is one of those shows you have to watch twice to get new details on scenes, I bet. Regardless, the mystery is fun, and the vampires situation is interesting to see.

Edit, my money is on the little girl or the older brother responsible for the murder. I'm leaning mostly that the little girl did it.
MariklynJul 14, 2023 11:22 PM
Jul 12, 2023 11:52 PM
Mar 2018
I think the killer is (spoilering in case I'm right LOL) 
Jul 13, 2023 12:05 AM
Jan 2023
Nice Episode, Make a interesting for next episode
Jul 13, 2023 12:13 AM

Nov 2022
That looks like an inside job. All clues points to the butler. Good episode, that guys voice acting is funny and the constant back and forth is also hilarious.
Jul 13, 2023 12:17 AM
Mar 2023
off-season said:
This was quite deflating. What happened to their objective? Why is this suddenly a detective story?

The guy sprint-tackling a deer in the intro was pretty fun.

I think the one who messed with them is Moriarty (The "M" in the cane), and to find him, rhey must first find a lead as to where it is...
Jul 13, 2023 1:02 AM
Nov 2021
It's getting better... reminds me of Moriarty the patriot. I think one of the sons will be the murderer
Jul 13, 2023 1:12 AM

Oct 2018
Turned into a detective story, loved all of it, OP and ED are good too.
Jul 13, 2023 1:12 AM

Oct 2022
Even a vampire is shocked to see Rindou is only a head lol. Rindou and Shinuchi is is fun to watch especially their interactions. Really liking this show so far

Jul 13, 2023 1:22 AM

Aug 2013
Badly written transition from episode 1 to 2. Feels like this detective thing with synergy and all just popped up outta nowhere. Could still be a nice show though.
Jul 13, 2023 1:29 AM

Dec 2022
I was extremely engrossed in hearing Aya Rindo's deduction of the situation. Very nice.
Jul 13, 2023 1:32 AM

Dec 2019
Love a murder mystery and bonus because it has to do with vampires!
Jul 13, 2023 1:49 AM

Oct 2022
It's gotta be the vampire right? People can't twist off a lock or erase their presence.. Can't imagine the little girl did it.. And we haven't seen much of the older looking brother.. The blond guy was kinda shifty to begin with so I'm betting either of those two..
UndefeatedBahamut
Jul 13, 2023 2:18 AM
Dec 2022
It was so interesting, like it ended in 2 minutes!!
Jul 13, 2023 2:52 AM

Dec 2022
Im loving the relationship between Aya & Tsugaru, they are so fun and always seem to be on the same page. And to add to it, the mystery seems great.
Jul 13, 2023 3:57 AM

Apr 2021
I also felt that the jump from episode 1 to episode 2 was not exactly smooth. We left the protagonists as having just met and now we meet them again after they have become something of celebrities in Europe by solving several mysteries. Could have been written better, I think.
For the rest, it's still intriguing, the direction is good and the two main characters work well together, thanks to an inspired voice acting.
This shows basically saves the season for me.
Jul 13, 2023 3:59 AM
Jun 2022
let's meet in next episode for the killer
Jul 13, 2023 4:11 AM

Oct 2022
Vampire Murder Mystery, interesting to say the least.
But when are they going to focus on finding her body back.
Jul 13, 2023 4:35 AM

Oct 2022
I kind of wish we didn't get that timeskip and saw how they exit Japan and stuff, 1 episode had passed and they've been going around solving cases for long enough to be well known detectives now.

Jul 13, 2023 5:09 AM

Jun 2016
even without body this head so pretty and sexy for me
Jul 13, 2023 5:37 AM

Jan 2021
Lol I really like the dynamic between Aya and Tsugaru xD they are really destined to be true partners.

Shizuku is also the type of character who doesn't like nonsense and gets straight to the point. I'm looking forward to seeing her back in action! (hopefully)

Oh, and Tsugaru's pose at the end. Aya must have known who the culprit was, and to be honest I kind of suspected the husband too because he seemed very uneasy when he was asked questions by Aya (either he's the main culprit, or he's part of the masterminds, or he actually already knows who the culprit is but because it's someone close to him he's trying to cover up the case). His wife was smiling calmly, as if she was willing to be killed so that whatever the killer's plan was could be achieved.

So that's why I feel like Tsugaru's pose at the end was like mocking the husband (:p)

Jul 13, 2023 5:43 AM
Adventurer

Apr 2017
Detective stories. Love it.

As a long-time fan of murder mysteries, and having tried to solve the secret before the book could reveal it (with having made 3 A4 papers worth of detective's notes) let me embark on this journey to figure out what's going on!

SO! Here's what we know:
1. It's an insider job
2. That's it. Literally. That's it.

Some of my conclusions:
1. The younger son is sus as heck, for real for real
2. The culprit is definitely NOT Lord Godard nor the Butler
3. The sword was used in the murder somehow/plays an important role in figuring out how the murder was committed
4. The actual act was committed by a vampire
5. Lord Godard is being sus too but likely doesn't know anything

Let's talk about the camera shots. There are multiple weird shots that seemingly serve no purpose scattered throughout the episode. A lot of them are regarding the younger son, but there was also a shot focused on the swords when Lord Godard talked about how silver wounds take a long time to heal if inflicted on a vampire. No idea where they're going with that, but it probably means something. The shots centered around Raoul are:

• When him and his father are hunting, there's a shot of him backing away from the deer's antlers that on my first watch closely resembled being impaled.
  • Throughout the entire episode, he has his hands in his pockets, and his hands are not shown when they're out. However, there's a single shot that shows him putting his right hand in his pocket when Aya first approaches him. She also glances to her left - at the sons - before asking about the body.

Now, the thing I find interesting about his hand is that... it's clean. There's no wound. But we know for sure that there is a wound on the killer's hand, and that they used their right hand when going stab stab. Why is that? Because of the blood marks on Madame Hannah's robes. They questioned the fact that there was more blood on her left side than her right, and there's a simple explanation for that: the killer is a vampire, and bled from their right hand while stabbing Madame Hannah. I can't think of any other reason why there would be a mismatch in the amount of blood when she had been peacefully sleeping, with no sign of struggle, since the show decided to point out this detail in particular.But what does this mean for Raoul? Does this mean he didn't commit the murder? Maybe. He's still very very sus and I don't know what to think of that, but what we know for certain is that Butler Alfred and Lord Godard had nothing to do with it; that's because of the way the lock had been brute forced. Another sign that the killer is a vampire, as no one else would have the power to break the metal, unless they used some kind of tool. The swords are way too big for that. The Butler and the Lord both possess keys to the storage, so there'd be no reason to simply not open them with the key (unless this was staged? but even so)

Another piece of evidence is the book that was open on Madame Hannah's table. I ran the text through a google translator and did some digging, and it seems to be a French poem titled "Mort, j'appelle de ta rigueur" or "Death, I appeal to your harshness"

The poem translated:
Death, I appeal to your harshness,
Who stole from me my delightful mistress,
And yet were not sated
Until you see my languishing:

Since then I've had neither strength nor force;
But how would it harm you - if she were alive,
Death?

There once were two who shared a heart;
If that heart is dead, that power is deflected,
If so, I must live without love
Like those statues, in my heart
Death!

Idk, just seems like another sign that the Lord is being sincere and is not the culprit. Madam Hannah was said to have been a human previously, so it could be like a past lover who came to get revenge or something. Would explain why Hannah didn't sense them. They also kept showing the ring around her finger, twice at that. It's a possibility.

Funnily enough, Butler Alfred is the only one wearing gloves consistently throughout the episode, so it could be a wild possibility that he was Madame Hannah's previous lover, somehow turned vampire, and killer her to get revenge? lol. That's a bit too much I think.

The bottle of holy water was empty at the time of the murder, since all the dust it collected was on the inside. Not sure why it was left there, other than for staging a fake crime scene. Or maybe Lord Godard and Madame Hannah planned this together so that they could achieve peace? idk

Well, I'm tired, so that's the end of this little analysis. I'm sure I'll find out next week~
I'll make it with the power of cute

I'm unstoppable
Jul 13, 2023 6:10 AM

Dec 2022
I'm a bit weary of Raoul since he keeps his right hand in his pocket the whole time, but it might just be a distraction. While not of many words, Shizuku may be my favourite. Her ready to kill vibe with that uniform keeps me looking for anything.

Jul 13, 2023 7:05 AM

Sep 2020
thehornedrat said:
Gosh this show. Trash but delicious trash that smells and tastes great!
Wtf are you smoking dude. This show is not trash by any means.
Jul 13, 2023 7:32 AM

Nov 2022
They quickly moved it towards a supernatural mystery after the first episode, without wasting too much time. And they made it show their relationship after 1 year, with Rindo and Tsugaru having good banter between each other, whilst getting on each other's nerves, and the maid having contempt towards Tsugaru, but gets the job done when needed.
Jul 13, 2023 8:26 AM
Adventurer

Apr 2017
antoninus_v said:
I'm a bit weary of Raoul since he keeps his right hand in his pocket the whole time, but it might just be a distraction. While not of many words, Shizuku may be my favourite. Her ready to kill vibe with that uniform keeps me looking for anything.
What do you think of the close-up shot of him shoving his right hand into his pocket? I didn't see a wound on him, so it's very likely a distraction.

I'm usually not into emotionless characters, but we'll see how Shizuku continues to develop from here on out :)
I'll make it with the power of cute

I'm unstoppable
Jul 13, 2023 8:58 AM
Oct 2022
good VA and good animation
better than manga
Jul 13, 2023 9:59 AM

Jan 2021
Kyokou Suiri vibes..
Roxy

Jul 13, 2023 10:01 AM
Mar 2023
Did I miss an episode when did they become detectives
Jul 13, 2023 11:11 AM

Aug 2019
Bro this episode went by so fast! 😭 I need more!

I'm already loving the worldbuilding, and I love these characters! This may end up being my favorite of the season!
Jul 13, 2023 11:15 AM

Aug 2019
katakumplat said:
I like how this series is going so far. I'm guessing the butler did it but we'll see and it's funny to see how Shuninchi listens to Rindou they're such a good duo in resolving cases.
Oh he absolutely did it lol it's either him or the lord of the mansion (can't remember his name 🤦‍♂️), or maybe a mix of both? Idk but I seriously need more! Aya and Tsuguru are such a good duo too!
Jul 13, 2023 12:32 PM
Oct 2017
Amazed by this ep can't wait to see the next eps as well!
Jul 13, 2023 1:04 PM
Jan 2012
I hope to hear this in the next episode https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFcJmOs8DRQ
Jul 13, 2023 1:26 PM

Nov 2013
off-season said:
This was quite deflating. What happened to their objective? Why is this suddenly a detective story?

The guy sprint-tackling a deer in the intro was pretty fun.
My thoughts exactly. Didn't expect a detective story all of a sudden.

Is the butler gonna be the killer, I wonder? Would be lame if that's the case.
Jul 13, 2023 6:50 PM

Dec 2022
Well that ended rather abruptly... I do love a good mystery. It seems the clues are indicating the classic "the butler did it" trope, but I don't think it'll be that simple.
Jul 13, 2023 7:19 PM

Jul 2012
very abrupt ending... seems like the culprit is someone who knew the victim
Jul 13, 2023 8:03 PM
May 2017
great episode, so in order to find their common enemy they must journey to Europe. They become a detective duo likely to fund their trip and to uncover potential information on said enemy.

But to highlight this episode in particular, I wonder who the culprit is, Alfred or Giselle? Good stuff all around, the mystery and dark tones really shined in this one

5/5
Jul 13, 2023 9:13 PM

May 2019
While the transition from the first episode to this second one was abrupt this was nonetheless a great episode since it went so fast. I'm guessing that Tsugaru and the 2 ladies have allready been together solving cases for at least a year since the vampire lord heard about them.

I did like the setting for the episode although I did not realize this was going to be a detective show (Sherlock Homes anyone?) They also mentioned Dracula being killed and when the vampire lord held up the candelabras I thought about Castlevania.

Anyways, I was kind of hoping they would find the murderer in this episode but then that may have been a bit rushed. At this point I'm not sure who did it but it does appear that it was an inside job, or that at least someone from the inside was involved.
Jul 13, 2023 10:20 PM

Dec 2017
That was fast, I need more of the duo!

That vampire hunter at the end looked cool, specifically the hat. Reminds me of cypher with and without the hat.

I wonder how bad this show would've turned out if the staff wasn't good enough.
❝Kabo-chan is ran by the MAL staff team and does not respond to individual comments made on her profile.❞
I was immensely devastated.
Jul 14, 2023 12:26 AM

Oct 2017
A vampire murder case first thing and seems like it was done by one of them?
Jul 14, 2023 1:26 AM

Mar 2008
Interesting episode and damnit have to wait through a cliffhanger. I feel there is no point in guessing who did it since we dont know much anything about these characters.

I like the little sassy comments Tsugaru slips in
Jul 14, 2023 1:52 AM

Jul 2021
Is this series going to be like episodic by like 2-3? Ngl it feels like it. In the mansion, I believe there's a secret involving one of the sons. It might be a hidden dungeon where the hunter and others end up. If it's the second possibility, there are these creatures called thralls who become stronger by drinking vampire blood. Since Dracula is a real thing, we can refer to his ghoul or thrall, Reinfeld, as an example. This means that the culprit could potentially evade a vampire's detection.

"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jul 14, 2023 4:31 AM
Dec 2020
gettingmoremoreinteresting
Jul 14, 2023 7:09 AM
Oct 2020
This episode passed by so fast! Enjoyable so far
Jul 14, 2023 7:41 AM
Aug 2016
the banter of the two mcs is fun and feels organic
Jul 14, 2023 8:18 AM
Mar 2015
Another vampire bites the big one
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Undead Girl Murder Farce Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2023

117 by nikki05 »»
Apr 14, 9:14 AM

Poll: » Undead Girl Murder Farce Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2023

123 by nikki05 »»
Apr 13, 10:06 AM

Poll: » Undead Girl Murder Farce Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2023

119 by nikki05 »»
Apr 13, 9:39 AM

Poll: » Undead Girl Murder Farce Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2023

101 by nikki05 »»
Apr 13, 7:35 AM

Poll: » Undead Girl Murder Farce Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2023

158 by niookookjo »»
Apr 6, 11:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.