Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
TenPuru -No One Can Live on Loneliness-
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 8, 2023 6:08 PM
Sep 2021
was quite funny. not sure really how I feel about this show as of yet.. First episode didn't necessarily pack a punch but it wasn't bad either. I am however curious to see how it progresses which I guess is a good thing but for a first ep, it didn't really do much for me other than get me slightly intrigued.

honestly don't really know what to say other that this. We shall see in the next coming weeks what this show is really made of so I will leave my criticism and thoughts until then
Jul 8, 2023 6:13 PM

Jul 2014
Dad abandoning his son in a "cool way" to go in search of women lmao. Maybe the harem ending runs in the family xD.

I wasn't a fan of the MC's voice when I heard it in the PV but I liked it watching the full episode.

I already like the main girl and the others have left a good impression on me. Can't wait to see more of them.

What an hilarious first episode with some good ecchi. Looking forward to more harem hijinks.
Jul 8, 2023 6:29 PM

Jul 2016
When you want to live a pure honest life but you have ecchi harem protag blood in your veins.

Can totally sense the DNA of Grand Blue in this.
Jul 8, 2023 7:24 PM
Dec 2018
I like more than I thought LOL I get a slight Grand Blue vibes and I love it. Maybe we really get a ecchi comedy that actually fun to watch.
Jul 8, 2023 7:34 PM
Mar 2018
LoliSenpai0x said:
This anime seems to be promising in terms of Ecchi, hopefully they they give us some good Ecchi scenes for the Loli that holds the cat "Aoba Kurage" 😌

Yes, Kurage already best girl 😭
Jul 8, 2023 9:19 PM

Jan 2008
Cute and well developed cast. Hoping for more fully displayed plot in future episodes.
Jul 8, 2023 9:33 PM

Oct 2015
Why the mobs sound more fitting to be MC!?
Akagami's voice was the hardest thing to hear. The most casting miss I ever know in anime.
Jul 8, 2023 9:42 PM
Apr 2022
his degenerate dad is a man of culture
Jul 8, 2023 10:00 PM

Jun 2021
It's a really funny episode. The comedy is right on the track. Then there's cultured monk
Jul 8, 2023 11:48 PM

Jun 2015
Love Hina x Nunnery! Lets goooo!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Jul 9, 2023 1:00 AM

Sep 2018
Damn, this was reminiscent of early 2000s ecchi series, especially the exaggerated tropes and scenes. Really enjoyable.
Jul 9, 2023 2:02 AM

Oct 2008
for me: it started really fun and hilarious and then when the constant repetition of physical abuse went in...it gets a bit tiring...i hope it doesn't get episodical linear events like this.
4/5.

btw, at first i thought the voice of Akagami resembles to VA Hatano Wataru...but its not...shame...

Jul 9, 2023 5:15 AM

Mar 2016
As a manga reader, I'm a little dissapointed. Voices are far different from imagined and not better, and they crearly are focusing more on the ecchi than on the comedy, and the show would benefit much more from focusing in the comedy even if the ecchi also exists in the manga. Well, let's see how they adapt the rest of the show...
Jul 9, 2023 6:07 AM

Nov 2022
Bruh the guy is literally the male version of Tomo-chan in design lol
Jul 9, 2023 6:10 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
It’s always a joy to see an ecchi harem in an anime season, so you know I had to check this one out and this was a damn nice first episode, very fun start, it was actually reminiscent of older harem anime which is a big plus for me. It was a bit of a rollercoaster of stuff for our MC Akagami lol, first he falls in love at first sight and becomes infatuated to the point he feels the need to become a monk, and then he gets the shit beaten out of him due to a misunderstanding, and now we find out he has to repay the temple due to his father’s actions after they were initially just going to let him stay lol, I wonder if this guy will ever catch a break.

The girls are cute too of course, too early to pick a favorite tho, but the main girl Yuzuki definitely seems great. OP and ED were both very good too, and the last thing I want to mention is that I really like Akagami’s VA, it’s cool to find out he’s newer and hasn’t had a main role until now, I think he did a great job and I like his deeper voice! This looks like it’s gonna be another good Studio Gekkou show!
TheColonel76Jul 9, 2023 6:13 AM
Jul 9, 2023 6:32 AM
Jan 2021
this kind of thing again.....at least make mc over the top not averageike overly lecherhous or totally reject it not like all of the cureently out there not reject not accept but when presented with boobs an panties blushing here and there.
Jul 9, 2023 7:13 AM
Jan 2021
The production quality of Temple is garbage, the VAs don't suit the characters, the sound and animation both are really low quality and often mismatch each other. With a decent production this could've been a hit considering how good the manga is, it's as good and funny as Grand Blue. Really disappointed.
Jul 9, 2023 8:19 AM
Jul 2020
KANLen09 said:
Grand Blue illustrator Kimitake Yoshioka's Temple has finally arrived...though if you're a rom-com fanatic just like I am, you could tell from afar that this is just Love Hina but in the skin of Amagami-san Chi no Enmusubi a.k.a Tying the Knot with an Amagami Sister (which has an anime coming out soon).

Gekkou's 2nd anime, though it doesn't really look all that different from Isekai One Turn Kill Nee-san. The OST is rather decent though.

A chad father has a chad son, and that's who Akemitsu Akagami is, voiced by a relatively new Masayuki Akasaka, which this is his first main VA role. The role of a son who does not want to fall into the traps of his father's lavish harem lifestyle, gets wrecked by a rice bag that's carried by a girl. And since then, he hasn't looked back, having been fallen in love at first sight, turning into a horndog. With that, his only way is to turn into a monk to eliminate his worldly desires of women at his uncle's recommended Mizazuki Temple, which coincidentally the same girl appears once again, who went all fanservice in front of Akagami, and asking for a marriage then and there.

Akagami's uncle, the head priest isn't around, and there's only Yuzuki Aoba with him, thinking that she is his entrance exam into the temple. Saving the temple cat Nyagosuke from an empty well, and the girl thinking that Akagami is her marriage interview partner from the intermediator Kiki, both she and her older sister Tsukuyo got scared by him, as well as their younger sister Kurage. Of course, Mia Christoph is not spared from Akagami's rage with Kagura Baldwin, thinking that Akagami is a total pervert, and he really gets wrecked by Yuzuki. Turns out, Mikazuki Temple is a nunnery where men are not allowed, it was indeed a misunderstanding, and Akagami is spared by Kiki, though she's the master manipulator. With Akagami leaving the temple out of concern for the girls, he has no place to go, but Yuzuki allows him to at least stay for the night.

Indeed, Yuzuki remembers that she saw Akagami on the previous night, but the thing is that his dad Harukaze owed money to the temple, so he has no choice but to stay there to repay his father's 20 million yen debt borrowed from the temple. And so it is, Akagami is paying the temple...with his own body.

This is a pure ecchi series like Love Hina, no doubt, though I feel that it's not at the level of Kenji Inoue's Grand Blue.
idk if this was the work or maybe it was another of his but supposedly it had a bad end or something idk only heard that grand blue was better
Jul 9, 2023 10:01 AM
Jun 2022
Cultured indeed. Nothing to complain about. Sounds like goddess of mother dormitory but nun edition. Can't complain about a show with titties and konosuba level of jokes.
Jul 9, 2023 10:38 AM

Apr 2015
Well that was shit wasn't it
Jul 9, 2023 11:12 AM

Jan 2015
I'm sorry, how old is the MC supposed to be? He sounds like he's 40, same for one of the randos that invited him to a mixer.
What a horrible VA choice.
Jul 9, 2023 11:38 AM

Mar 2014
Well as expected from harem garbage it's bad and also the stupid pathetic mc, damn he's annoying but that voice it's like being voiced by wrong person. I don't know if they are trolling or just this shit
Jul 9, 2023 11:39 AM

Mar 2014
Daviljoe193 said:
animejas said:

It's not the same writer as Grand Blue, just the same artist. Grand Blue had two people at the helm, Temple here was both written and drawn by the same person.

I fell into this same trap too. It's clear after watching that this is really not for the crowd who loved Grand Blue.
Oh it's a different author.... what a shame I think Grand blue than this harem crap
Jul 9, 2023 1:00 PM
Dec 2021
great episode this is.
Jul 9, 2023 3:02 PM

Feb 2018
Heard about this since its made by the artist for the Grand Blue manga, so thought I would check it out.
Quite a chaotic first episode, not really sure how this will be able to set itself apart from all the other harem anime out there but I'll be along for the ride for now.
Jul 9, 2023 6:19 PM
Dec 2018
What a disappointment. Kind of an insult to the manga tbh, dropped this shit QUICK!
Jul 9, 2023 7:59 PM

Mar 2008
This turned out better than I expected. Seems fun.
Jul 9, 2023 9:39 PM

Apr 2020
Right off the bat, it was a storm of Harem and Ecchi cliches... in 2023! xD
This might end up way down on my priority list, especially during a busy schedule but, it will definitely be my go-to Anime this season if I want to just mindlessly have fun and chill without worrying about plot and story/character development.
"I will use my ball to make you remember." -- Haruka Kiyomine, 2024
Jul 10, 2023 12:01 AM

Jul 2019
Wow, what a scumbag father!

So far the girls seem fine and Akemitsu has some sense of decency and obligation but he'll be hard pressed with all the ladies around.
Jul 10, 2023 3:52 AM
Mar 2021
Golfer1081 said:
animejas said:
The voice for Akagami threw me off, not going to lie. Normally I don't feel annoyed with stuff like this unless they really stand out in a troubling manner. This ain't as bad as listening to an F1 car engine that was Asta's voice at the start of Black Clover, but it did feel odd hearing Akagami throughout the whole episode for some reason, probably took me out of the episode more than I expected.
 Not going to lie this was my exact thought. I had to wait for the english dub of Black Clover and I think this will be the same. I know its nitpicking but the mc sounding like a 50 year old insurance salesman rather than a college age student throws me off when he’s talking to the girls. I find itodd that he got casted when you see that all his previous parts were much older charachters, its like Morgan Freeman voicing Peter Parker.

hopefully, certain fans can see that yes japanese va's can be bad/wrong fit for a character!!
Jul 10, 2023 5:24 AM
Oct 2019
TOMO-CHAN IS NOT A GIRL!!?

YES, DEGENERATE GANG RISE UP!! WE EATING GOOD!!

My Guilty Pleasure for this season.

I can't believe this got Anime adaptation, i remember years ago when Joey "The Anime Man" talking about this Ecchi Manga.
Jul 10, 2023 9:11 AM
Dec 2022
Wow Akimitsu has it rough, knowing his dad borrowed money and left, but I don't see how that relates to not living with women. Speaking of women, his encounter with all of those women at the temple were so funny and unexpected for him XDD!! I hope somehow they get alon.
Jul 10, 2023 11:48 AM

May 2020
didnt expect akagami's voice would be this deep, great episode anyways.. remember guys, kagura best girl!!

Jul 10, 2023 1:31 PM
Aug 2022
Zwilicht said:
This Anime is Trash
Same goes for You too...🤣
Jul 10, 2023 4:59 PM
Jun 2022
The manga was hot and the anime isn't doin half bad so far. That booty jiggle was a chef's kiss.
Jul 11, 2023 3:04 AM
Apr 2023
Looks like this will be one fun anime. I already started reading the manga just quite a while ago and the anime seems just what I imagined it when animated.
Studio Gekkou kind of made a good anime out of One-Hit Kill Sister last season so I guess they can also put the same comic randomness in this adaptation.
You can see some visual cues from Grand Blue as we all know this manga was created (written and drawn) by the mangaka of Grand Blue (art only). At the very least this also hit off well if they can emulate some of that vibe in the Temple anime.
Jul 11, 2023 10:47 AM
Oct 2020
I love this so far.
Jul 11, 2023 11:17 AM

May 2019
Nice, there is some real ecchi this season. Btw, I also thought that the male MC kind of looks like a male version of Tomo-chan (maybe they're related? lol).

So if I understand correctly:
-the purple haired girl, Yuzuki, was supposed to meet another guy a day after meeting Akemitsu at the temple for an arranged marriage
-she is also the same person that previously ran into Akemitsu that caused him to want to become a monk
-she recognizes his family name and knows his father owe the temple money?

The coincidences are funny and ridiculous, this should be a fun watch.
Jul 11, 2023 12:52 PM

May 2018
Ngl the mc is really good looking.
Jul 11, 2023 9:52 PM

Apr 2014
This was trashy and stupid. Exactly what I wanted.
Jul 13, 2023 8:15 AM

Jul 2013
I absolutely love Grand Blue from the same author, so I was looking forward to this! I actually heard about this series from The Anime Man on YouTube. As soon as I heard that it was from the same author as Grand Blue, I got curious. I remember Joey saying Temple was way more ecchi than Grand Blue and I can see why he said that from the first episode lol 

I love the first episode! The MC is hilarious. The character designs are pretty! I hope it is as funny and ridiculous as Grand Blue. I have high hopes!

Jul 15, 2023 5:43 AM
Jun 2017
just awesome! I laughed a lot
Jul 15, 2023 12:51 PM

Jan 2021
This is truly one of the best things that could happened to him

Jul 15, 2023 6:27 PM
Jan 2021
Tudo acontecendo de forma rápida e desorganizada
Jul 15, 2023 6:33 PM
Apr 2013
EP 1
Temple/Tenpuru, whatever daheck that means.

So yeah, basically just briefly introducing the mc and the main girls and the basic setup, anything can happen really, though considering the amount of fanservice this ep I'm kinda dubious, but hopefully the next eps improve on actually having stuff going on.

EDIT: Yuzuki is AIMI? OH MY. I Totally didnt recognize her at all. Kurage is yamashita nanami, which is why she sounds so familiar. (even though I've literally only heard her once before)
Looks like I was wrong for once, I guessed tsukuyo was taketatsu ayana, but its actually serizawa yuu?? Kagura sounds weird, and I sure as heck wasnt expecting...mia is asahina madoka??

Oh well, for us to see next ep I guess.
Right now, I mean, yuzuki is the main girl, and she seems the most postitive/optimistic right now. We'll have to see just what happens and how much screentime.
Kurage gives off a very familiar vibe, a lot like (other characters i cant remember right now. and chifuyu)
Tsukuyo and mia look pretty angery/upset right now, but they both seem kind of interesting. While kagura, cant tell, though she looks to be a bit different.

As an aside note, looks like the seiyu for the mc is his first main role, interesting. Probably explains why I never heard before
CocoaGalaxyJul 15, 2023 9:33 PM
Jul 16, 2023 9:39 AM
Jul 2023
anime adaptation does the manga justice, loved it, cant wait for more ^^
Jul 16, 2023 11:30 PM

Mar 2013
This is a copy-pasta generic-rom-com BUT I love it for some reason.

This scene reminds me of TONIKAWA.

But our MC here is a scaredy-cat. Another thing to enjoy this season.

With something like this in this day and age, I'm thankful. If I remember correctly, we have a lot of this kind of series back in the day. Watching this makes me want to watch them all over again (if I have the time).

CrazyButNot4UJul 17, 2023 12:27 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jul 17, 2023 5:28 PM
Nov 2022
Que buen, primer capitulo.
Jul 18, 2023 6:18 PM

Oct 2014
wow. I never know theres a anime adaptation of Temple. I just saw a YT clip and i was like, this scene seems familiar. I didnt recognize the character face, it looks way different from the manga.
Jul 21, 2023 6:26 PM
Nov 2019
wkwkwk ceritanya luamyan lucu si
My Candies :
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Temple Episode 9 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Sep 2, 2023

35 by kirA_-_ »»
Apr 13, 7:12 AM

Poll: » Temple Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AkeZZZ - Jul 15, 2023

72 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Apr 4, 10:06 AM

» Male mc voice does not match

DekuxUraraka - Jul 16, 2023

29 by Gator »»
Apr 3, 8:42 AM

Poll: » Best Girl Poll

Polvo_Aranha - Aug 12, 2023

25 by Gator »»
Apr 3, 8:39 AM

Poll: » Temple Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Sep 23, 2023

54 by Gator »»
Apr 3, 8:36 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.