Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 2, 2023 4:39 AM
Jun 2023
blazinblazin said:
IluVG-Dam said:
i think they killed the show BC low Kit sales. 
Hence the Ass Pull Deus ex ending.

i mentioned my resoning in a nother thread, if anyone is interested

I doubt so. First time I encountered difficulty getting main Kits. Aerial, first or 2nd all sold out as soon as it touched the shelf.

Well in indonesia, malaysia, and most asian countires, most fans are not touching it, and again, i point out overall sales, not just the ariel, if it was only the ariel then yeah, since it is main protag suit.
In indonesia spesificly, my fried sent me a photo of dilanzas pharsects and thore ur just shelf warming, gundam kits (not grunt) sell out ofc, it's just the overall line did not

Like did the dilanza, berugil, and zowort sell out?

I remember IBO, where literaly any kit (cept the hugo) will sell well

The second biggest indicator is the fact the lifrith jiu is p bandai

Usualy bandai releases 1 or two au side story kits as a standard relese.
The onlytime they broke this in recent memory
IluVG-DamJul 2, 2023 4:51 AM
Jul 2, 2023 4:52 AM
Aug 2017
This has to be one of the most dissapointing Gundam series I watched..and the yuri has nothing to do with it but..this series never felt like it had real stakes..and now that the ending was the classic disney "and everyone lived happily ever after" it just solidified it for me. I'm happy for it but it doesn't feel earned at all because it never felt like the characters were truly in danger. Not to mention that lots of plotlines were just dropped and new ones were brought up to make up for some lazy writing..it doesn't even feel like gundam, but just another random mecha series.
Jul 2, 2023 4:54 AM
Jun 2023
I cry like
2 hours straight
Jul 2, 2023 4:55 AM
Jan 2021
what an heartwarming end im so happy with it
though i agree with a lot of folks saying is was a bit underwhelming
but i wonder whats next after this
Jul 2, 2023 5:02 AM

Oct 2016
what a shit finale for a shit third act
if this really was a major game changer in profits and in bringing females to the franchise, its really sad
watch the next mainline Gundam series be a BL and be a massive hit again with females, because most eat this bland yuri/yaoi shit like it was the greatest thing ever.

the show was never anything impressive, but the finale is just... boring, id prefer something to be bad (a la My Sister, My Writer) so i can mock it, but not even that i can do here

well, im gonna forget this show existed in 1 week like most of the other "fans" so not too conflicted about it

Jul 2, 2023 5:03 AM
Jan 2012

That was certainly Gundam The Witch From Mercury.

The second season was pretty much doomed from the start, Okouchi never managed to get a decent pacing to use his ideas, and during this episode the script straight-up stops making any sense until the epilogue.

That's all, folks !
Jul 2, 2023 5:04 AM
Sep 2021
MSH420 said:
DavidArcher said:
I don't even know where I would begin explaining how much of an absolute mess this ending (and the second half in general really) is. I lost count of the number of times I said 'why?' or 'that's convenient' during this episode.

Sums it up nicely. Whatever felt promising about season 1 went straight down the cliff in season 2. A mess, to be sure. But yuri shills don't care about that as long as they get a kiss or whatever. This anime doesn't deserve the high rating it has right now
Hey, I enjoy GL stuff but just sticking two girls in a story is insufficent. You need to have a narrative too. A bunch of random stuff with no explaination is not a satisfying narrative. I would agree that there seems to be a lot of replies that are essentially 'they're married so it's good' and I just think that if that's all you need then why are you even watching a sci-fi, giant robot show at all? There's way better GL stories than this if that's literally all you wanted from it.
Jul 2, 2023 5:08 AM
Nov 2022
That's precisely my point. it's not like I have any issues with GL either, but for a show to have a billion issues with it and having it all swept under the "yay we married so it's awesome" rug is just weird.

And while we're on the topic of GL, it was hot garbage. Suletta and Mio had no chemistry whatsoever, the only reason for them being a thing was literally because the show made them a thing with the dumb marriage subplot. Like they didn't even talk to eachother for the longest time until the show decided in the last few episodes that "oh, we should probably get these two together again". Hentai has better chemistry than these two did
MSH420Jul 2, 2023 5:13 AM
Jul 2, 2023 5:16 AM
Jun 2023
okay i was gonna make a thread just for this but why not here instead, so its permet score in this a version of newtype or not? and well rainbow color (that has double meaning) cause im a bit dumb so never understood the permet score also the ending is average for me cause like everybody else said its rushed. 7.5/10
section96Jul 2, 2023 5:21 AM
Jul 2, 2023 5:29 AM
Nov 2022
section96 said:
okay i was gonna make a thread just for this but why not here instead, so its permet score in this a version of newtype or not? and well rainbow color (that has double meaning) cause im a bit dumb so never understood the permet score also the ending is average for me cause like everybody else said its rushed. 7.5/10

It really isn't explained well, nothing in this show is. They keep on bringing more and more lore but forget to expand on it and it's just one of the things that never really got through. From what I understand, permet scores are like gears of a car. The higher you go, the faster the speed and..... the more you can do with the Gundam? idk feels like that, like I said it's never really explained past that detail. But it costs you your life force and past a certain threshold you just die. Some people can handle more scores than others, Suletta handling huge scores with ease was a thing because Eri handled most of the permet backlash and yada yada yada, again, never explained very clearly.

Afaik I can't draw any parallels to newtypes here, it's just Gundam technology which harms the user with use, and that was the premise for this show. A premise which never got explored.

Edit: also shoutouts to the whole subplot where they were going to focus on the benefits of Gundam as it was originally designed for medical use before being repurposed negatively for warfare. That, just like most plot threads this show started, died out just as quickly as it was introduced
MSH420Jul 2, 2023 5:42 AM
Jul 2, 2023 5:48 AM
Jan 2021
Insane episode. I can’t Imagine how the writers felt. The music. Amaaazing.
Jul 2, 2023 5:54 AM

Apr 2012
It could have been a great spin-off given the show's end content and focus, but trying to make it into a fully-fledged TV Gundam anime just buried it under unrealistic ambition and excessive expectations. Because I just feel like a victim of false hopes and wasted time when the show literally tossed all of its serious (and claimed main themes) in favor of Polichenel's yuri secret, literally imbuing the ending with shonen-ish power of friendship and the god out of the machine. Not surprised it really impresses new fans and zoomers as an attraction, but it's just a big budget version of those random mechas that Sunrise did in between full Gundam shows in the past.
SenSnowy said:
Insane episode. I can’t Imagine how the writers felt. The music. Amaaazing.
Zccdcccc said:

That was certainly Gundam The Witch From Mercury.

The second season was pretty much doomed from the start, Okouchi never managed to get a decent pacing to use his ideas, and during this episode the script straight-up stops making any sense until the epilogue.

That's all, folks !

Haha, I'm not even surprised to see such reviews here. Again, I still think it was the high expectations and the over-absorption that killed the show, and then the writing.
Jul 2, 2023 5:59 AM

Apr 2012
DarkDooM2 said:
Average ending to an average series. In the end it never really felt like a Gundam show for some reason. The yuri was kinda useless. Remove it and nothing would change.
It still shocks me that this was looking more like actually the union of two BFFs who got married to be "best friends forever" thant full-blow romance. I mean, they created so much ambiguity or intrigue (?) about whether they were going to be together or not that it made their romance look like a romantic friendship combined with an engagement as a plot tool. If it wasn't for the rings and the obsessive engagement theme, I really would have thought this whole time that it was just MariMite in mecha. This is probably the first show whose attempt to copy Utena made him look more straight than gay, albeit due to script issues.
Jul 2, 2023 6:11 AM
Jan 2020
nah pull a gurren lagann and make a sequel already, this ending is too cliché happily ever after kind of conclusion
Jul 2, 2023 6:27 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
DarkDooM2 said:
Average ending to an average series. In the end it never really felt like a Gundam show for some reason. The yuri was kinda useless. Remove it and nothing would change.
Hate to say it but yeah, you're right. Technically it was a proefficient Sunrise production but it was never really stellar and the ending lacked the kick in the privates intensity of other Gundam series. The yuri seemed to have been introduced to attract some other audiences but at the end of the day they never really dare to show it in all it's glory. A shame for the people who where just hanging around a mecha show  in order to see the content they Iiked.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 2, 2023 6:30 AM

Apr 2012
Farabeuf said:
DarkDooM2 said:
Hate to say it but yeah, you're right. Technically it was a proefficient Sunrise production but it was never really stellar and the ending lacked the kick in the privates intensity of other Gundam series. The yuri seemed to have been introduced to attract some other audiences but at the end of the day they never really dare to show it in all it's glory. A shame for the people who where just hanging around a mecha show  in order to see the content they Iiked.
I still don't understand why they went down such a subtle path with yuri here. The show seemed to be as embarrassed as possible about it, while the straight characters were always blunt about it and actually showed more attraction to Suletta and Miorine than they did to each other. It would make sense in a typical "super duper female friendship show" but we were teased from the start about the engagement theme. Why do we need this open secret? Just for cheap bait of shippers?
RobertBobertJul 2, 2023 6:35 AM
Jul 2, 2023 6:32 AM

Jul 2011
"I see dead people." "When you see dead people?" "I see dead people when the Data Storm hits."

The Gundam and Quiet Zero just peace out, like a meme.

Whatever Miorine and Suletta marrying, congrats but, was a option transferring Eri to any electronic device? Like make a cyborg body and transfer the Eri to it.
Jul 2, 2023 6:33 AM
Oct 2021
It was a very pleasant ending, a bit disappointing but I liked it. Could be better, but could be a lot worse. It's a shame because it was very good show.
Jul 2, 2023 6:50 AM
Jun 2023
RobertBobert said:
Farabeuf said:
I still don't understand why they went down such a subtle path with yuri here. The show seemed to be as embarrassed as possible about it, while the straight characters were always blunt about it and actually showed more attraction to Suletta and Miorine than they did to each other. It would make sense in a typical "super duper female friendship show" but we were teased from the start about the engagement theme. Why do we need this open secret? Just for cheap bait of shippers?
RobertBobert said:
Farabeuf said:

It was always cheap bait for shippers

Unfortunately typicaly yuri shippers are bolth toxic and broke (in the west) so they did not buy the kits.

I swear, i think they slashed the ep count bc kit sales for the series in particular crashed hard.

Also this airs in china, what do you expect?
Jul 2, 2023 6:51 AM
Oct 2016
Suletta and Miorine got their happy ending! While I think things were wrapped up way too quickly and neatly, which gundam shows aren't known for their solid endings, but seeing the characters happy at the end is enough for me. They all went through tragedy after tragedy ever since Suletta showed up at that school and all those events were set into motion. This finale had a lot of emotional weight following the sacrifice by Eri to stop the giant death ray. Suletta having to scramble to save Eri while also shutting down Quiet Zero. Miorine pulled off a great move by selling off all the company's assets so that they have no more power. As president of the group she has authority to do that, it would negate her own business power but that's alright. Everyone laid it all on the line to protect the ones they care about which is something I always love seeing in stories. Having the time skip ending is another thing I love to see, everyone aged up and living their own lives. Its great to see so many living peacefully after all the chaos they endured. The wider world is still in turmoil with earth and space still at odds and while I wish we had more episodes to wrap things up better it was enough.
80/100
Jul 2, 2023 6:54 AM

Apr 2012
IluVG-Dam said:
RobertBobert said:
RobertBobert said:

Unfortunately typicaly yuri shippers are bolth toxic and broke (in the west) so they did not buy the kits.

I swear, i think they slashed the ep count bc kit sales for the series in particular crashed hard.

I'm aware of this, I've seen people literally hate Guel and attack him and Lauda just because even being a yuri the show wasn't going to be all-female bishoujo-bait. I'm concerned about something else. Namely, that the show, throughout the broadcast, created intrigue from the void, thereby needlessly violating the writing of Miorine and Suletta's relationship. For a show with such a gay premise, it was painfully subtle in everything that wasn't straight. Even in the finale, Carl!
Jul 2, 2023 7:01 AM
Nov 2022
RobertBobert said:
IluVG-Dam said:

I'm aware of this, I've seen people literally hate Guel and attack him and Lauda just because even being a yuri the show wasn't going to be all-female bishoujo-bait. I'm concerned about something else. Namely, that the show, throughout the broadcast, created intrigue from the void, thereby needlessly violating the writing of Miorine and Suletta's relationship. For a show with such a gay premise, it was painfully subtle in everything that wasn't straight. Even in the finale, Carl!

Honestly the gay part of the show was super forced with the marriage plotline \_(0_0)_/ At no point did they even try to establish anything more than a friendship and they basically cut off even that at the end of S1 and only forced it back into effect near the end of S2.

While Guel was the only interesting character in the show. People are so weird with the gay for the sake of being gay thing here, atleast have some substance to it, but that's too much to ask for this show I suppose. Edit: him and Suletta actually made more sense than Mio/Suletta
Jul 2, 2023 7:06 AM
Apr 2020
Very rushed pretty sad it has ended this way had so much hope : ( well one good thing is that suletta survived 
Jul 2, 2023 7:08 AM
Jun 2023
RobertBobert said:
IluVG-Dam said:

For me g witch is on the level of dtf, and g reco.
Yes i said it.

Also the paralels of g reco and g witch are surpriseing

Both have under 50 eps

Both have no msv kits as standard release (g witch has lifrith jiu, it is p bandai, g reco has none)

Both have happy ending

Both make no semse how and wtf is going on between the half way point to the end

Main mc is "special"

Both have the gundams destroyed in some fasion by the end.

Both series kits were advanced at the time, but were held back by shit story. And poor sales

i am not buying any kits from the series until 2024.
Jul 2, 2023 7:08 AM

Apr 2012
MeowMixMax said:
Welp they are married, guess they can't really show the wedding though because this show streams in China.
Ironic considering that yuri shippers from China are the most aggressive part of the fanbase in this regard. But on the other hand, maybe that's why the show was superficially pointlessly thin with it?
Jul 2, 2023 7:13 AM

Apr 2012
MSH420 said:
RobertBobert said:

Honestly the gay part of the show was super forced with the marriage plotline \_(0_0)_/ At no point did they even try to establish anything more than a friendship and they basically cut off even that at the end of S1 and only forced it back into effect near the end of S2.

While Guel was the only interesting character in the show. People are so weird with the gay for the sake of being gay thing here, atleast have some substance to it, but that's too much to ask for this show I suppose. Edit: him and Suletta actually made more sense than Mio/Suletta
I'd have a lot less trouble with this if their relationship was portrayed as a full-fledged romance, rather than something nonsensically ambiguous in the vein of Hollywood movies from the Hayes Code era. Even the episode with them as a married couple looked like it was a reunion of two friends. This is already some kind of Hibike Euphonium level, if there were same-sex marriages.

IluVG-Dam said:
RobertBobert said:

Yes i said it.

Both have under 50 eps

Both have no msv kits as standard release (g witch has lifrith jiu, it is p bandai, g reco has none)

Both have happy ending

Both make no semse how and wtf is going on between the half way point to the end

Main mc is "special"

Both series kits were advanced at the time, but were held back by shit story. And poor sales

I'm still sure it could work as a nice spin-off or prequel to another show. G-Witch has everything for this. But as a standalone show, it's frustratingly overflowing with wasted stuff and an overdose of quotes from other anime. They did market the anime as a new age gundam in the 20s, building it mostly on copypasta of a 90s girl show.
Jul 2, 2023 7:18 AM
Jun 2023
RobertBobert said:
MSH420 said:

I'd have a lot less trouble with this if their relationship was portrayed as a full-fledged romance, rather than something nonsensically ambiguous in the vein of Hollywood movies from the Hayes Code era. Even the episode with them as a married couple looked like it was a reunion of two friends. This is already some kind of Hibike Euphonium level, if there were same-sex marriages.

IluVG-Dam said:

Yes i said it.

Both have under 50 eps

Both have happy ending

Main mc is "special"

I'm still sure it could work as a nice spin-off or prequel to another show. G-Witch has everything for this. But as a standalone show, it's frustratingly overflowing with wasted stuff and an overdose of quotes from other anime. They did market the anime as a new age gundam in the 20s, building it mostly on copypasta of a 90s girl show.

But i think it is unlikely

Again my point bc of the p bandai lifrith jiu, why else it is p bandai?

The only reson i can think of is low sales.

And to paraphase yoda
"Low sales is the path to getting no sequel"
IluVG-DamJul 2, 2023 7:28 AM
Jul 2, 2023 7:18 AM

Jul 2012
GINO: Gundam in name only. This show is truly foul. The second coming of Valvrave. Sasuga Ookouchi. Never stop making huge stinkers. 
Jul 2, 2023 7:24 AM

Aug 2018
god that was great, like, so good ngl
still having great time with my stuff
Jul 2, 2023 7:30 AM

Apr 2012
Neneaux said:
GINO: Gundam in name only. This show is truly foul. The second coming of Valvrave. Sasuga Ookouchi. Never stop making huge stinkers. 
Does this have anything to do with Valvrave? Except that Suletta really started to look like a big shonen-ish OP towards the end.

IluVG-Dam said:
RobertBobert said:

In fact, until yesterday, I did not think that the departure from the formula or yuri would be deeply secondary in the question of what this show can be scolded for. This is just a show not worthy of its ambitions and expectations in the first place.
Jul 2, 2023 7:39 AM

Jul 2012
RobertBobert said:
Neneaux said:
Does this have anything to do with Valvrave? Except that Suletta really started to look like a big shonen-ish OP towards the end.
Yes. It's the same writer. 
Jul 2, 2023 7:40 AM
Jul 2017
Would have been five stars but no kiss, and the Peil grannies were not fired into the sun
Jul 2, 2023 7:41 AM

Mar 2021
RobertBobert said:
Neneaux said:

IluVG-Dam said:

In fact, until yesterday, I did not think that the departure from the formula or yuri would be deeply secondary in the question of what this show can be scolded for. This is just a show not worthy of its ambitions and expectations in the first place.

Like first season they tried to push yuri hard without the TV networks pulling it off, and hide it by making it look kid friendly.

The second season it is like they told they had one cour to wrap up everything. So non stop action, massive info dumps, so many deaths. Then put a fast legend of korra subtle yuri ending to satisfy the toxic shippers but will not get the TV networks to cancel this.

We never had a gundam au end this fast. Sunrise has been indifferent to aus for the 2010s ever since they returned to universal century.

My guess is they used this as a way to get girls into a boys franchise with yuri cuz women are more sexually fluid than men. Then right when they finished airing they advertise seed movie since sunrise has been promoting seed heavily for the past 2 decades. Also seed is more popular with females with attractive boys and popular straight ships. But imagine seed if kira and arthrun were gay and lacus and Cavalli were lesbians. It would take too much screen time and ruin the narrative. Seed got big for fates intertwining. They would lose massive fans fast for seed if they forced gay ships. The yuri in gwitch did overshadow the plot. They should have focused on the plot from the beginning.

But I am glad the toxic shippers are probably gone now the show is almost definitely finished. And cosmic era has returned after almost 20 years.
RobertBobert said:
Neneaux said:

IluVG-Dam said:

Jul 2, 2023 7:43 AM
Jul 2020
hmm and to think they would really end up toghether.guess i'll just accept It this way,just hope they dont try to adopt this kind of strategy for the next gundams or u can say goodbye to ur beloved franchise It would be a shame see this become another love live
vitor03Jul 2, 2023 7:55 AM
Jul 2, 2023 7:45 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
At last we've reached the end of the series and my first Gundam completion. This was quite heartfelt and the political issues surrounding everything made it all the more analyzable and rewatchable. Every character has their motivation, their depth and reasoning behind their acts and while some are blatantly in the wrong, you can see were they're coming from.

I'm not too keen on politics nor the Gundam-verse as a whole to say that I understood everything that was going on but at the very least I've got enough to get me invested in the franchise and give another series a chance. For a starter this is an excellet shot as the clean 2D mech animation especially during the robot fights, the futuristic sound design, the orchestral soundtrack and overall package makes it all the better. I'll rewatch this sometime in the future most probably.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Jul 2, 2023 7:47 AM
Jul 2013
The plot is a all over the place, seems too rushed, it's like what if we just mess gundam uc + gundam build series + yuri together and when we are at it, the stories should not be too heavy too.
Jul 2, 2023 7:52 AM
鋼鉄乙女

Aug 2016
This season was a hot mess from start to finish but can't say I hated this episode. I thought the ending was very cute, the scene with Prospera and Eri made me forget about the Quiet Zero nonsense.

Overall I'm extremely disappointed at this series but at least attracted more fans to the Gundam franchise.
"Be excellent to each other, and party on, dudes!" - Bill & Ted´s Excellent Adventure

Check my introduction to Char´s Counterattack interest stack if you´re interested in watching UC Gundam. Also check my Legend of the Galactic Heroes OVA Chronological Watch Order for LoGH info!
Jul 2, 2023 7:52 AM

Jun 2016
I will miss all of them, I liked the series, a rare happy end for the franchise.
Eri is now a keychain (hilarious XD) our adorable tanuki and Miorine are married, Nika is now free and Chuchu is still a grumpy cat.

Jul 2, 2023 8:05 AM

Apr 2012
Neneaux said:
RobertBobert said:
Lol, I literally made it clear that I know that they have a common author. I don't understand why you think it's similar in general.
@icefirestone23 I don't know about SEED, but judging by the latest announcements of new Gundam works (and even the G-Witch spin-off manga, they are really jumping back into handsome boys and seem to deliberately want to hide the Witch behind new content in a more traditional Gundam style. Question then. , why was it necessary to create G-Witch in the first place, they just wanted to make something one-off that would give the desired, at least temporary hype to the brand?
Jul 2, 2023 8:05 AM
Mar 2021
They really pulled out all the stops and gave closure to every single character. This right here is how you write an ending folks
Jul 2, 2023 8:06 AM
Feb 2023
I thinks
It's cut content lol

Ending kinda rush brmmm brmm
Jul 2, 2023 8:07 AM

Apr 2012
Galletita said:
This season was a hot mess from start to finish but can't say I hated this episode. I thought the ending was very cute, the scene with Prospera and Eri made me forget about the Quiet Zero nonsense.

Overall I'm extremely disappointed at this series but at least attracted more fans to the Gundam franchise.
I'm afraid that many "new fans" will leave when they realize that this is not a bishoujo yuri bait brand in general. I've seen a lot of people outright say they were only watching it because of yuri.
Jul 2, 2023 8:10 AM

Mar 2016
A Gundam series with a happy ending? Ok, guess I've seen it all.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Jul 2, 2023 8:16 AM
Jun 2023
RobertBobert said:
Neneaux said:
Lol, I literally made it clear that I know that they have a common author. I don't understand why you think it's similar in general.
@icefirestone23 I don't know about SEED, but judging by the latest announcements of new Gundam works (and even the G-Witch spin-off manga, they are really jumping back into handsome boys and seem to deliberately want to hide the Witch behind new content in a more traditional Gundam style. Question then. , why was it necessary to create G-Witch in the first place, they just wanted to make something one-off that would give the desired, at least temporary hype to the brand?
i think they were testing the Yuri market 

once it became apparent the type of people is into yuri, they hard course correct

IE they are broke 
Jul 2, 2023 8:16 AM

Jun 2016
im very happy for the ending !!!

for me this is a happy ending what i expectations !!

Jul 2, 2023 8:30 AM

Mar 2017
Nika haricut was nice. The "eating" part at the end was an innuendo.

Series as a whole was only carried by the production quality.
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Jul 2, 2023 8:32 AM

Apr 2012
IluVG-Dam said:
RobertBobert said:

once it became apparent the type of people is into yuri, they hard course correct

IE they are broke 
Are you a supporter of the suspicion that they are going to further put Gundam on the Love Live rails? Yes, there is a huge gulf between IBO's criticism of same-sex marriage and G-Witch, but from what I've seen, many Japanese people were glad that it moved away from Utena and idolized Guel.
Jul 2, 2023 8:33 AM
Nov 2022
RobertBobert said:
Galletita said:

I'm afraid that many "new fans" will leave when they realize that this is not a bishoujo yuri bait brand in general. I've seen a lot of people outright say they were only watching it because of yuri.

Judging by many of the comments here, it really does seem people were only interested in the yuri, less than halfbaked as it was, since they're conveniently ignoring the many, MANY problems with this anime. I personally think it gave a nice publicity boost to the franchise with how popular it has been. Gundam in my experience with people, had garnered a reputation for being a boomer show and that pushed many potential fans away. In appealing to a wider audience they did manage to break away from that, or so I hope. But I do hope they never do another series as bad as this one,
Jul 2, 2023 8:39 AM
Jun 2023
RobertBobert said:
IluVG-Dam said:

IE they are broke 
Are you a supporter of the suspicion that they are going to further put Gundam on the Love Live rails? Yes, there is a huge gulf between IBO's criticism of same-sex marriage and G-Witch, but from what I've seen, many Japanese people were glad that it moved away from Utena and idolized Gruel
IDK, man 

i just am glad it is all over now, and i dont need to deal with the shippers 

but i would be happy if they kill of more same sex ships, just out of spite, BC  of having to deal with the rabid Fujioshis and Yuri lovers while this show is airing.
also i am jelous G witch got the cool kits, and designs.
Jul 2, 2023 8:40 AM

Apr 2012
MSH420 said:
RobertBobert said:

Judging by many of the comments here, it really does seem people were only interested in the yuri, less than halfbaked as it was, since they're conveniently ignoring the many, MANY problems with this anime. I personally think it gave a nice publicity boost to the franchise with how popular it has been. Gundam in my experience with people, had garnered a reputation for being a boomer show and that pushed many potential fans away. In appealing to a wider audience they did manage to break away from that, or so I hope. But I do hope they never do another series as bad as this one,
Well, last year I was shocked when I saw life and the amount of discussion so much dropped when people stopped arguing about ships here.. But anyway, I don't understand why people consider Gundam boomer a franchise. As the history of G-Witch has shown, even among the rabid fans of the brand there are many people with a rather millennial mentality.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kidou Senshi Gundam: Suisei no Majo Season 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2023

92 by Playcool »»
Apr 22, 4:03 PM

Poll: » Kidou Senshi Gundam: Suisei no Majo Season 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 21, 2023

127 by Playcool »»
Apr 22, 10:38 AM

Poll: » Kidou Senshi Gundam: Suisei no Majo Season 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 7, 2023

157 by Playcool »»
Apr 22, 10:10 AM

Poll: » Kidou Senshi Gundam: Suisei no Majo Season 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2023

95 by BiggKab »»
Apr 7, 4:29 AM

Poll: » Kidou Senshi Gundam: Suisei no Majo Season 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2023

97 by BiggKab »»
Apr 7, 3:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.