Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 16, 2023 7:24 AM
Community Mod
💧Focalors💧

Mar 2022
"Never giving up is my magic!"

Oh ho, we get to see former Wizard Kings. I've always wondered what some of them were like. They all have such cool magic.

Mereoleona being a badass. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Hmm, we never actually got to see Jester use his full power. I liked him a lot; that's a shame.

Asta vs. Conrad WAS GOOD!! AND THEY PLAYED THE FIRST OPENING!!

Please only post in the thread if you've seen the movie. And DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
Jun 16, 2023 7:37 AM

Nov 2016
Basic plot(although cool idea to feature former wizard kings) , but who cares. Seeing more of everyone, the action, Mereoleona (she finally meet someone like her) and Haruka Mirai are enough to label this solid fanservive movie xD
FMmatronJun 16, 2023 8:19 AM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 16, 2023 7:38 AM
Mar 2021
I thought Asta would have his demon arm in this but I guess it’s not set where the anime left off
Jun 16, 2023 7:46 AM
Dec 2017
wow, movie packed with flashy moves, fluid animation, crisp sound effects, and OST. All the cast also had their chance to show off their moves and power ups. 9/10 thanks Netflix and Pierrot!
Jun 16, 2023 7:48 AM
Feb 2020
Its everything i loved about black clover. its one of the best anime movies ever!!!
Jun 16, 2023 7:58 AM

Jul 2017
This was just another shounen movie. Action was decent, a lot of time was spent on this so not too shocking. Like most other shounen movies I've seen, didn't really enjoy this much. Did not help that I disliked the original anime too. But I can definitely see the appeal for fans of the series who just want popcorn entertainment and action all the way here.
Jun 16, 2023 7:59 AM
Jul 2021
Story might not have been the best but man the second half was hype af. Mereoleona continues to be one of the most badass characters ever . AND THEY BROUGHT BACK THE OP1, LETS GO!!!
Jun 16, 2023 8:24 AM
Aug 2020
It was a great movie, of course we didn’t watch it for the story. I do understand why it was postponed.

They did a great job, the animation was excellent.

My eyes were wide opened, I screamed etc

At the beginning it was just then it became incredible.

I saw somebody put 1/10, i prefer to not comment that…
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jun 16, 2023 9:08 AM

Aug 2022
animejas said:
This was just another shounen movie. Action was decent, a lot of time was spent on this so not too shocking. Like most other shounen movies I've seen, didn't really enjoy this much. Did not help that I disliked the original anime too. But I can definitely see the appeal for fans of the series who just want popcorn entertainment and action all the way here.

idk if you watched the full series or not but the movie was more of just an all action movie as it was non-canon and it didn't have any great plot. In the manga it's more than just a popcorn entertainment.

Jun 16, 2023 9:22 AM
Aug 2022
Wasn’t anything special imo. The animation was good but the story was kinda basic.

Hopefully we can get back to the main story in the next year or 2.
Jun 16, 2023 9:24 AM

Jul 2021
All in all the best way to describe this film is that it was nice eye candy. The Plot wasn't the best, 90% fights and little exposition to build up to a fitting climax, some corny dialogues ("My magic is never giving up" who says that)
and a bit too much power of friendship.
Jun 16, 2023 9:44 AM

Jul 2011
Whoever planned this movie had a lot of fun.

That moment when the villains have a good platform, and what they are saying, makes sense.

While some need a squad, others 4 very strong captains, Mereoleona just need herself to fight a Wizard King.  Mereoleona for Wizard King!

Even the cast get excited seeing Noelle in her Valkyrie Armor.

The only Wizard King that I disliked was Jester. The personality to be exact.
Jun 16, 2023 9:50 AM
Jun 2021
Ok i just finished it and as a fan of the series i must say action scenes where cool and all but that's it the plot is almost nonexistent villains show up and they want to destroy whol world and we didn't see why all of them want to do this except one the main villain asta was fighting I'm just glad i saw one of my favourite anime again and also disappointed that it isn't impactful like the series
8/10
Jun 16, 2023 9:59 AM

Jan 2018
It was an amazing Movie! Idc what anyone says, black clover has never look so good like this before and for that aspect it's an incredible film for me already! You can only do so much for a 2 hour shonen movie and with Black Clover having a big cast, not a single character was wasted, everyone atleast contribute to something and that for me is 10/10 already.
Jun 16, 2023 10:03 AM
Mar 2023
It has cool animations, cool story, and it's simply Super nice anime movie
Jun 16, 2023 10:10 AM
Aug 2015
I've missed them so much 🥲

These villains are really cool. I like all of them.
Especially Jester, he's such an interesting character.

I love the cameo of Nacht and Liebe.
And we got OP1 back 🤩

Hopefully the anime will return soon.
Jun 16, 2023 10:45 AM
Jun 2023
black clover is finally getting a recognition what he deserved the manga of this anime is fire... and this anime is good don't listen those who say it not good. it has far good story and art in manga. now talk about movie

animation - 10/10
plot - 8/10

overall - 8.5+

so far good movie. i hope next season come soon
Jun 16, 2023 10:56 AM
Nov 2017
You disappointed me
Jun 16, 2023 11:00 AM
Apr 2021
EFSANEEE
Black clover fanı olarak film'e bayıldım, çok muazzamdı.

Jun 16, 2023 11:04 AM
Jun 2023
peek!!!! FUKING MASTERPIECE
Jun 16, 2023 11:08 AM
Oct 2019
animejas said:

Take your lame, veiled insults elsewhere.
Jun 16, 2023 11:09 AM
Aug 2016
Peak movie right here. The animation was literal eye candy. I really hope that the anime comes back.
Jun 16, 2023 11:13 AM
Oct 2019
Cestlavie_ said:
All in all the best way to describe this film is that it was nice eye candy. The Plot wasn't the best, 90% fights and little exposition to build up to a fitting climax, some corny dialogues ("My magic is never giving up" who says that)

Who says that? You serious, bruv? It's literally a huge running theme in the tv anime.

Some of the dialogue was absolutely corny, but that wasn't it.
Jun 16, 2023 11:14 AM
Feb 2020
Very good movie, worth the wait. Villain was very cool and had a good contrast with Asta. Animation was amazing throughout the entire movie. Side characters got moments to shine, which is always a plus. And the direction was non stop action with some really well done fights. Overall a very good movie. Also the fact that they didn't really have to write around the current events in the show/manga gave them more creative liberties, which made some scenes much more enjoyable
Jun 16, 2023 11:15 AM
Jun 2023
The amination, the storytelling of the wizard kings. It was all phenomenal. The dynamic of Conrad and Asta impacts the view of both characters, as each of them could have easily gone down the other path. 10/10 for me.
Jun 16, 2023 11:24 AM
Jun 2022
That was amazing. Everything that I love about Black Clover is in this movie.

One of the best fight for me was Yuno, Yami, Nozel and Fuegoleon vs Jester. That combo of chads are like chefs kiss.
I absolutely love that they give Noelle crazy moment to shine.
And lastly I wasn't expected that Mereleona would take some hard time dealing with past women Wizard Queen (sorry forgot her name), but that just shows HOW powerful Wizard King (Queen) is.

9/10

"Exceed your limits!"
Jun 16, 2023 11:37 AM
Oct 2019
Good movie. Good story/plot. It just needed to flesh out the 4 previous wizard kings better; give us their backstories and motivations. I was worried it would be awful like the Fanzell Arc in the anime (that was mixed manga canon/anime original right? Same writer as movie?). But it was definitely much better than the tv arc.

The character designs of the 4 wizard kings were fantastic. They genuinely looked incredibly cool. The new, powerful magic we got to see from the 4 wizard kings' was wild. Definitely the best part of the fights/action.

It was great seeing a lot of the characters again. And that's something Black Clover is incredible at, a huge, diverse, well-developed ensemble cast.

Dialogue was super corny at times, and it was unrealistic how everybody from non-Black Bulls squads seemed to defer to Asta and follow him as their leader. Especially since he's a magicless peasant with devil powers who's been scapegoated a conspirator behind the elf invasion. But hey, most anime are corny, so it's not a BC-specific issue. 

I never had much issue with the show's animation (I care much more about plot, character development, world building, dialogue; all of which BC excels at), but the movie looked noticeably sharper. Good for them. 

I probably wouldn't have enjoyed it as much if I didn't watch the anime first. I feel like some of the things wouldn't have made as much sense, and may have felt random or like "asspulls" even though they've been explained pretty thoroughly in the show. 

I probably give it a 7.5/10, which is "good". But since most people on MAL think a rating in the 7.xx's is bad, I have to bump it to an 8.5/10 to account for the "MAL rating inflation".
HagePotPotatoJun 16, 2023 11:44 AM
Jun 16, 2023 11:48 AM

Oct 2011
HARUKA MIRAI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jun 16, 2023 11:52 AM

Jul 2021
HagePotPotato said:
Cestlavie_ said:

Who says that? You serious, bruv? It's literally a huge running theme in the tv anime.

Some of the dialogue was absolutely corny, but that wasn't it.

I know I i was joking there
Jun 16, 2023 12:20 PM
Feb 2015
Well I loved the movie, great action, a worldly cause and a hard battle to complete.
It had a good story, however I thought a new movie was being made to conclude the story of the series so far. To rid the world of the bad demon living in the spades kingdom and rescue everyone that was taken.
Jun 16, 2023 12:29 PM
May 2021
Black Clover I have missed you!! Miss the gang man!! The animation was soo good!! Excited for when the anime returns! Asta = 🐐🔥
Story was linear but loved the movie regardless & enjoyed it throughout!!
Jun 16, 2023 12:37 PM
Mar 2022
felt like I was watching Naruto 2.0
but still an amazing movie though
Jun 16, 2023 12:38 PM
Dec 2022
best new gen, goated anime
Jun 16, 2023 12:48 PM
May 2023
Thehaterofmal said:
Ok i just finished it and as a fan of the series i must say action scenes where cool and all but that's it the plot is almost nonexistent villains show up and they want to destroy whol world and we didn't see why all of them want to do this except one the main villain asta was fighting I'm just glad i saw one of my favourite anime again and also disappointed that it isn't impactful like the series
8/10

Got this from another user, but here:

"Here's the lore about Wizard kings that was in the novels but they cut out in the movie, for anyone wondering (courtesy of Nite Baron)"

Conrad: Conrad was born into a noble family but due to his thief-like unlocking magic, he was shunned by those around him, leading to a lonely childhood. As he grew older, he discovered the true value of key magic but as people feared its power, the gap between him and those surrounding him was never bridged.
Conrad joined the magic knights, where he met a young Julius and a caring young woman from the forsaken realm, Lovilia. Conrad learnt to trust these two and as a result, began to open up to those around him. Conrad kept gaining achievements together with his companions and eventually became the magic knights captain of the squad “White Serpent”.
Conrad’s life was going smooth while married to his vice captain Lovilia, one day received a mission for his squad. However, it turned out to be a trap set by the royal faction, who hated him. Devastated at the loss of Lovilia and dozens of members of his squad during this mission, Conrad became consumed with anger. Despite Julius’s desperate attempts to persuade him, Conrad’s darkness deepened.
To eradicate discrimination and prejudice, and build a country where everyone can laugh together- Conrad, now the Wizard King, aimed to achieve his ideals. But he was unable to bring about change, and his despair only deepened. The only way to change this country is to “truly rebuild it”…?! The dangerous thoughts in his mind were not subdued and he immersed himself in researching ancient magic tools. Eventually he stole the natural treasure “Imperial Sword” and started a rebellion. However, he got sealed away by Julius and co. in the midst of his aspirations.

Jester: Jester was born into a noble family and grew up without any hardships and joined the magic knights. There, he met Tenor who came from a remote village near the Diamond Kingdom, and Raid, from the Common Realm. Despite their different social status and background, the three of them strangely got along very well, pushing each other to improve and grow together.
Shortly after Jester is appointed a magic knights captain, Tenor’s village is invaded by the Diamond Kingdom. However, the kingdom cannot make a move to protect a remote village. Jester and co. go off on their own to defeat the enemy nevertheless, but Tenor lost his life in the battle…
Jester, who achieved great success as a captain has finally risen to the rank of Wizard King. One day, Tenor’s home village is invaded again by the enemy. Jester rushes to the rescue, but it turns out to be a trap set by Raid, a spy for the enemy, in order to assassinate Jester.
After losing both Tenor and Raid, Jester, in order to prevent such further tragedies came up with a solution: “Conquest of the Four Kingdoms”. Despite being called “Mad King” due to his ambitions initially, he gradually earned the support of the people. However he fell into the trap of the royal faction who disliked his growing influence, and he lost his life in the process of achieving his goal.

Princia: Princia is born as the eldest child of a fallen noble family. The family hoped to lead a peaceful life and rule their land such way, but greedy nobles took possession of the family's lands. Under their relentless harassment, Princia decided to fight to protect her family and her people.
After receiving her grimoire, Princia was recruited into the “Blue Roses” magic knights squad. Being undefeated, her fame grew day by day and in order to strengthen their influence, the royal faction half-forcibly installed her as the Wizard King.
As the war with the Diamond Kingdom reached its final stages, Princia’s family and people from her land were taken hostage by the enemy. However, the generals, fearing that Princia would leave the front lines, decided not to tell her this. Thus, Princia lost something precious in exchange for victory…
Princia, exploding with anger towards her strategists, got stripped of her title as Wizard King and imprisoned with her magic sealed. The village where she was imprisoned got attacked one day by bandits, whom she decided to fight despite her magic being sealed, sacrificing her life in the process

Edward: Edward was a man with a promising future, but he had no interest in pursuing a career and spent most of his time in church listening to the sermons of priests. When he learns of the harsh conditions faced by those without magic power, he decided to leave his home and become a priest, taking in orphaned children and caring for them.
Ten years later, in the midst of intensifying war with the Diamond Kingdom, a sudden tragedy happened. Edward’s orphanage fell victim to an enemy raid, and the children lost their lives. For the first time in his life, Edward used magic with all his might to destroy the enemy, and decided to join the magic knights to prevent such a tragedy from happening again.
Edward, who’s generous and always there for the weak, is well-liked by the people and eventually became the Wizard King. However, royalty and nobility strongly opposed his aim of eliminating the boundaries between the royal, common and forsaken realms. Through their scheming, Edward was stripped of his position as the Wizard King.
Having abandoned his faith in God, Edward formed a resistance to seek revenge against the royals and nobles who plotted against him. He continues to eliminate those in power, believing that it is the only way to save their corrupted heart. However, this was not long-lived and he was eventually captured and executed."
Jun 16, 2023 12:51 PM
Jul 2022
I understand why this movie wasnt for everyone. The plot did seem a bit basic but i thought it was cool how they made the antagonists former wizard kings. I felt like they rushed straight into the climax but other than that the animation was great, the fights were amazing and the music was excellent. The only thing I would change about this would be,
1. People actually talking about Asta being back from exile.
2. Asta and Yuno having a longer fight at the beginning
3. LUCK HAVING MORE SCREEN TIME
Jun 16, 2023 1:12 PM

Apr 2014
It was definitely a shounen movie, which isn't bad at all. The first part of the movie was pretty dull, but the second part was much better and highly enjoyable. Also really liked that every Black Bull had their moment to shine, even Henry and Nacht. The movie also reminded me why Mereoleona is one of my favourite characters of the series, since she's awesome as hell.

Also enjoyed that they played the first opening at the climax, as a true battle shonen lol.

Movie was enjoyable with some flaws, so a 7/10 would be it for me.
Jun 16, 2023 1:17 PM
Apr 2021
I was honestly watching the film with a big smile.
Jun 16, 2023 1:21 PM
Mar 2016
Oh my god how bad can something be for me to pause it 4 times to try to escape within 2h?

There is no room for breathing, nor is there room for plot apparently. The prologue takes place, immediately followed by the bad guys attacking (they were already there? No one noticed them? Ma’am? Please call security)
And it goes the same way any bad shonen movie will go: “You can’t beat me at 50 vs 1, so let’s lose this fight 1v1 at the end of the movie”

It was cringe, rushed, badly animated, nothing made sense. As they had infinite mana on both sides, they had to make some tweaks to get out of their own mess. Asta’s anti-magic sword now doesn’t nullify magic anymore (because national treasure sword that stores mana is not magic? So anything “empowered” by the sword is not considered magical? Is that why they can’t break the shield dome?)

And GOD was it boring. No build-up whatsoever, everything is given to you as if we were watching a dragon ball movie made by a 6yo. Fight fight fight fight small glimpse at the past of.. nvm.. FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!
Let’s not forget that they are supposed to face previous Wizard kings, and they get handled so easily in 1v1. The dude could chill air and magma itself, yet everyone on the field can talk, breathe, cast spells and even run! (At absolute zero?)
The other barrier-dude got hit by the dimensional slash, get knocked out for 0.1 seconds then starts his monologue as if nothing happened? HE IS NOT EVEN BLEEDING FROM BEING SLASHED INTERDIMENSIONALLY? Your cells are gone dude, just die.

Anyway, I haven’t felt an ounce of danger from Conrad, haven’t seen anything awesome like a power-up attack that would at least last 2min to show how strong the impact will be. My boy went full genkidama with a non-magical-but-actually-filled-with-magic-while-he-can’t-use-magic-and-is-holding-the-anti-magic-sword-at-the-same-time-sword to defeat raindow dude who could literally open a new reality with his keys and throw Asta in it.

No enjoyment, not impressed either, it was honestly a pain to watch.
3/10
Jun 16, 2023 1:53 PM

Apr 2018
Movie definitly lived up to the trailer, fucking loved it. Also great to see the 4 old wizard kings. Funny bunny's design is my favorite.
And Astra vs Conrad had such high quality action and animation AND THE OPENING!

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jun 16, 2023 2:01 PM
Apr 2021
Depii_ said:
EFSANEEE
Black clover fanı olarak film'e bayıldım, çok muazzamdı.

Türk gördüğüme sevindim
Jun 16, 2023 2:22 PM
Nov 2017
one of the best movies
Jun 16, 2023 2:24 PM
Dec 2021
it was shit,one of the worst anime movies that i ever watched
Jun 16, 2023 2:31 PM
Mar 2017
Silvier_Souna said:
it was shit,one of the worst anime movies that i ever watched
the average Black clover hater with no argument and in exaggeration
Jun 16, 2023 2:35 PM
May 2022
i now remember why this is my favorite anime
Jun 16, 2023 2:51 PM

Jul 2022
PEAK HAS NEVER PEAKED SO HARD BEFOREEEEEEEEEEEEEE

100% totally brilliant without a shadow of a doubt. I've missed these characters so much and they all came back in a blaze of glory. Almost all of them had a moment to shine, and every fight was fucking incredible. Noelle, Yuno, Yami, and Asta stole the fucking show as per usual. 
I was jumping out of my seat screaming at the final battle, Conrad and Asta's battle was fucking incredible, Leibe and Nacht showing up to support Asta made me fucking screech, and Asta using the Wizard King's sword was INSANEEEEE.

I have to say, too, the villains all were cool by the end. The girl and the ice dude didn't do much in the beginning but by the end they held their weight. I adored Ben Diskin as Jester, he was easily the coolest one, and Chris Niosi fucking KILLED ITTTTT as Conrad. 

I adore this series so much and I'm so happy this came out, I pray one day soon we get to see the Spade Kingdom Raid Arc animated. 

Oh, and Haruka Mirai playing during the final fight may have made me burst a blood vessel in my face. BRILLIANT

Jun 16, 2023 2:59 PM
Jun 2013
Asta is so grown up. comparing him to the very beginning and now, he looks so much more mature and bigger with more muscles. i truly love Black Clover. they didn't waste any time getting into the action. such a great movie. 10/10 no question
CrasianLeJun 16, 2023 3:14 PM
Jun 16, 2023 2:59 PM
Dec 2022
Finally 😍😍😍 The True action is here🤩
Jun 16, 2023 3:13 PM
Apr 2022
Peak Clover, the best Movie ever 11/10
Jun 16, 2023 3:20 PM
Jun 2023
Foda+++++.........
Jun 16, 2023 3:31 PM
Jun 2023
filme maravilhoso
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Can we get more MOVIES ?

HP445 - Sep 30, 2023

15 by Foreall908 »»
Oct 6, 2023 2:59 AM

» Continuation of the anime?

vaedeer - Dec 1, 2022

41 by vaedeer »»
Sep 30, 2023 12:50 PM

Poll: » Yami was nerfed?

Gonryo_Spectrum - Jul 9, 2023

12 by Scordolo »»
Jul 23, 2023 12:45 AM

» What did you score this and why? ( 1 2 )

aod-kun - Jun 22, 2023

54 by Mewann »»
Jul 8, 2023 8:35 PM

» Lackluster story ( 1 2 )

Melody8I8 - Jun 16, 2023

52 by DollFishu »»
Jul 3, 2023 11:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.