Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jun 15, 2023 4:54 PM

May 2010
I'M NOT CRYING!  I'M NOT CRYING GODDAMNIT!!!

Can't wait for part 2. At this point I don't even care if the Science has been going down. I'm just here for the journey and I care so much for these characters. Byakuya MVP.
Jun 15, 2023 4:55 PM
Oct 2019
Seeing Byakuya gathering the Platinum for decades get me emotional for real.
W Anime Dad for sure.

Ginro coming clutch with the Spear dance lol
and of course the cliffhanger!!

8/10
First Cour.

I'm glad it just one season break before the second cour will airing.
Jun 15, 2023 5:17 PM
Aug 2020
Was really a great episode
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jun 15, 2023 5:39 PM

Apr 2020
This season was good, I'm anxious for October. Byakuya is probably one of the best fathers on anime/manga.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Jun 15, 2023 5:54 PM
Jun 2019
Great conclusion to this cour, eagerly awaiting the next half of this season in October.
Jun 15, 2023 6:22 PM

Sep 2011
That was not where I was expecting this cour to leave off.  Especially since there's a much more gripping cliffhanger in what will probably be the first episode of season 4.

Also, love the little reference to the Byakuya spinoff manga
Jun 15, 2023 6:29 PM

Mar 2023
The final episode was awesome!!! It was incredibly sad but kinda inspiring i guess is the best words that Senku's dad spent the rest of his life trying to collect as much as he can to help Senku revive everyone on earth. Even more sad and yet incredible is the fact that his dad had the most devoted faith in Senku being the one to somehow get revived and rebuild the future let alone find the bottle of gold and platinum on a tiny island in the middle of the ocean. He had no evidence or facts to ever think Senku would find the bottle and yet he was so sure he would be the one. I mean he was surprisingly right since Senku was the first to be revived by our knowledge but the odds of that are like....idk what the odds are but my god Senku's dad might be the luckiest man in earths entire history to be able to predict something like that. Anyways this was amazing and since season 4 is coming out sometime in October then ill probably read the manga while i wait. I might get spoilers but i really wanna know what happens next so i dont care anymore. Ok talk over i rate this a 12/10
My Candys!

Jun 15, 2023 7:25 PM

Sep 2016
I can't lie, that "I'm an astronaut" like broke me like a twig. this was a great episode
Jun 15, 2023 7:30 PM

Dec 2015
Wait what it's over already?! I was fully expecting there to be one more episode before the end of this season :O This surprised me tbh, the ending felt kinda abrupt even with knowing that part 2 is coming out later this year...
Jun 15, 2023 7:55 PM
May 2017
"From you, 3700 years ago"

With the platinum acquired from his father, the village of Science regained the ability to utilize the revival fluid. But this time to create it indefinitely. It's time for a counterattack, what a strong ending to this cour.

8/10 overall
Jun 15, 2023 7:56 PM
May 2017
boukensha1415 said:
ishinashi315 said:
Dr stone from 10/10 to 7/10
Second season was a downgrade but still very good, special movie was great and add a new interesting character but this season? huge downgrade. They added a disgusting unnecessary trap character with hidden gender, i really don't understand why this cringe character exist, big turn off and the serie becomes uncomfortable to watch.
Soundtrack, voice acting and vibes are still peak but the story? mid writing with this arc and what the fuck is that character that appear from nowhere? really stupid plot decisions, even that beam idea was stupid just keep the mystery. Inventions and science parts got skipped and nerfed too much, no explanations anymore, they just make things from nowhere. 
What's a trap character? Which one are you referring to?
>what the fuck is that character that appear from nowhere?
Which one?
pretty sure he means Francois
Jun 15, 2023 8:17 PM
Oct 2020
so excited for the next season!!!
Jun 15, 2023 8:49 PM
Jan 2021
What a wonderful episode, Byakuya's scene moved me a lot.
Jun 15, 2023 9:07 PM
Dec 2021
This is quite an emotional episode and senku's team finally made it platinum I really can't wait for his second cour
Axris29Jun 15, 2023 9:10 PM
Jun 15, 2023 9:23 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Every time Byakuya-san gets some screentime, my tear glands are forced to come into play. While Senku was counting down the seconds non-stop, Byakuya-san was doing his part for the future by collecting rare materials. "For the next astronaut.", these are some powerful messages! I can see that some people feel that the show's quality dropped over the cour but I didn't feel that way at all, the tension and creativity of the show are just as good as previous seasons, if you ask me. 

Old man minister's extreme countermeasures give me a bad feeling that the imagery of Ryusui and the others reviving is more of false hope than otherwise. In any case, they'll have to hurry up because Kohaku and co. aren't going to be safe for long either...

Solid 8/10 from here! Op & ED have been great so far much like most of the show really and I'm expecting more of the same goods later this year. 
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 15, 2023 9:36 PM
Apr 2023
the best episode from Dr.Stone.
Jun 15, 2023 9:55 PM
Aug 2020
Not gonna lie, haven't been liking the "science" that they have been using lately. They just make some BS up, and just say "science bro". Like the RC car which can magically drive itself around at high speeds, travel over difficult ground, and evade obstacles without a controller, servos for steering, any sort of suspension, etc. And then senku thinks hes gonna be able to build a drone somehow. Without microcontrollers for PID loops, drones, especially small ones like hes trying to build, it will tumble out of the sky instantly. The CG will be all wrong, the propellers are gonna be all wonky, the materials are too heavy to realistically fly, .It would be forgivable once, but its just been ongoing. Making combustion engines, cameras, all sorts of things that took ages to come around, and for good reason. They aren't simple to manufacture at all.

I know that the technical details are besides the point but I just miss when the science was actually plausible and not just an excuse to shove 21rst century inventions into the show while claiming "it just works because senku is 500 iq". Things like making explosives, fertilizer, smelting iron, hell even radio transmitters and receivers and lead acid batteries were all fine because they are relatively simple and actually plausible to be created. RC cars and drones are not.
Jun 15, 2023 10:28 PM
Oct 2020
Dr. Stone always resides among my top anime series. The story itself is so compelling, affords many opportunities to ponder the world and humans' place in it. What would happen if we suddenly lost our technology and had to rebuild everything from scratch? Very few people could manage this task. It takes the kind of dedication that both Byakuya and Senku possessed. Discipline of mind and body, the will to keep going against impossible odds. We take so much for granted. I think this is a reminder that we should appreciate the incredible miracle that science and technology delivers to us every day. Whether driven by the an ideal like Byakua and perhaps Senku, or by greed like Ryusi, or a need to reacquire modern objects like Gen. This can lead to a journey of rediscovery much like the kingdom of stone carved out- one technological acquisition at a time. And at the very least I think it's just a damn good and entertaining story. 10/10
Jun 15, 2023 11:24 PM

Feb 2021
It was very sad to see Senku father's gathering Platinum all the time till dead...
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jun 16, 2023 12:26 AM

May 2020
another really good season of dr stone
cant wait for part 2 to start airing in october

Jun 16, 2023 12:27 AM

Feb 2021
Spirelord said:
Where did that shard of glass at the end come from? I didn't see Kohaku carrying anything glassy. Did I miss something?
That's a shard from the bottle with gold dust that she accidentally broke at 11:10
Jun 16, 2023 12:37 AM

Feb 2014
Can't believe it ends in a cliffhanger...
Jun 16, 2023 12:56 AM
Nov 2022
Dr. Stone is such a good anime, including this season. The story gets more and more exciting and I think it's great that side characters like Ginro get more screen time. Also, I really like this season's new characters like Ryusui, Francois, and Amaryllis. I'm looking forward to the second cour of the season in October.
Jun 16, 2023 12:56 AM
Feb 2021
It was really good, I haven't read the manga yet, but it feels like the next season is going to be the end. Im so excited for the next season!!!
Jun 16, 2023 3:15 AM
Mar 2020
this is exactly how you end a season
Jun 16, 2023 5:03 AM
Senpai

May 2021
Emotional last episode. I liked it alot. I can't get enough of Dr. Stone. Hyped for the next cour!
7/10
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Jun 16, 2023 5:15 AM

Oct 2021
After this episode, Byakuya is now one of the best fathers in anime.
Jun 16, 2023 5:17 AM

Nov 2021
this season went by too fast...
I'm glad they ended it with announcing the next season!
Jun 16, 2023 5:50 AM
Jun 2007
That dedication Senku "dad" collecting platinum...
Cant wait for their battle for petrification beam!
Jun 16, 2023 6:41 AM
Apr 2023
Platinum finally obtained!
This first part of the season ended with touching realization of how Byakuya, Senkuu's adoptive father, spent the rest of his life; collecting every bit of precious metals and materials he can, and encasing them in concrete within the soyuz craft.

With nitric acid synthesized using the platinum, they can now focus on reviving their other strong and skilled companions petrified on the ship deck.

But yeah, I'll have to wait until October 2023 for this!
Jun 16, 2023 6:48 AM

Jul 2016
Selleri_UmU said:
I can't lie, that "I'm an astronaut" like broke me like a twig. this was a great episode

Once I suspended all disbelief into this manga/show I really fucking loved scenes like this.
Jun 16, 2023 7:09 AM

May 2015
Sooooo.... are we ever gonna make it to South America or nah? Disappointed as is, I've been eagerly waiting for 2 whole years just for them to take a HUGE detour...
Anyways, I wish they didn't split the season into 2 parts and gave the whole thing at once, the wait till October gonna be killing!
Jun 16, 2023 7:21 AM
Dec 2016
Cried my damn eyes out
Jun 16, 2023 7:35 AM
Jan 2019
I loved, every party
Jun 16, 2023 7:45 AM
Apr 2021
Byakuya mannnnn he’s such a real one he’s gotta be best anime dad in all of anime😭🥹😭🥹😭🥹😭🥹🥹
Jun 16, 2023 7:47 AM

Feb 2016
I have a weird relationship with this anime.
I didn't liked s1, I found it to be really dunb, if you think about it the plot it's dumb, it is all about science this, science that, yet Senku never thinks "why the fuck are we all still alive if we where turned into stone?", like, dude got turned into stone with his mouth open, we can see he was all stone in the inside, but all his organs didn't??? and they are fine after 2394278997 years? and if that;s the case, how could they survive if he didn't ate anything in all those years?????? dumb ass plot lol

Then s2 came out, it was way better, but not great, at least all that stone war stuff made the plot be more dynamic.

And now s3 was actually really damn fun, like, damn, I had a great time watching this and it's precuel ova.

I hope s3 p2 is as good as this one.
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
Jun 16, 2023 8:37 AM

Mar 2018
Exhilarating! Byakuya for MVP and Dad of the year. Kohaku shined this season. Brilliant storytelling and solid animation. We sort of rushed through the beginning of the season to get to the Treasure Island, but everything thereon was captivating.
Alpha_DruidJun 16, 2023 8:41 AM
Jun 16, 2023 8:50 AM
Jan 2016
manga better but yeah tis good
Jun 16, 2023 10:28 AM
Apr 2023
Embient said:
Spirelord said:
Where did that shard of glass at the end come from? I didn't see Kohaku carrying anything glassy. Did I miss something?
That's a shard from the bottle with gold dust that she accidentally broke at 11:10

lmao, looks like many people in MAL forgot the scene that happen at the same episode
Jun 16, 2023 10:39 AM
Mar 2015
Dad laid it out for you Now you just have to seize the day
Jun 16, 2023 11:14 AM

Dec 2016
Thank goodness it didn't end in a serious cliffhanger, I thought that guy who has been eyeing on Kohaku would catch her taking out the gold sand making things worse.

Glad that everything turned out well. But I think that guy did saw Kohaku secretly going there but didn't make a scene. I hope that guy turns out to be a friend of the Kingdom of Science.

Kohaku looked quite cute in this episode without having to act cute. Really love her in straight hair, hope she keeps it like this even after they are done with this mission.

I wonder if I'm missing out on something, if Byakuya died in the island then why is his grave in Ishigami Village?

Can't wait for October to come. Looking forward to the part 2.
Jun 16, 2023 12:08 PM
Nov 2019
Really wish this season had gotten 22-24 episodes cause this really feels an incomplete season.
Jun 16, 2023 12:49 PM

Dec 2017
Rickydory123 said:
I hope that guy turns out to be a friend of the Kingdom of Science.

Doubt it. He seems like one of those characters that doesn't really stand for anything and just likes fighting. Even if he's not particularly loyal to his side, I don't think the Kingdom of Science would want him on their side either.
Jun 16, 2023 4:22 PM

May 2014
My fave episode of this season. Senku's dad MVP.

Need moreee. October isn't too long a wait at least.
Jun 16, 2023 5:25 PM

Feb 2019
This was definitely the best season yet. I'll never get over how genius of a twist it is that the villagers are descendants of the team of astronauts led by Senku's father. I can't wait to see how Kohaku and the rest are gonna be able to apply what they've learned in order to win, that's always been my favorite part of the show
"Do you believe in gravity?"
Jun 16, 2023 5:41 PM
Nov 2021
Amazing ending. I loved the backstory of Byakuya. I think all characters did a good job in doing their part.
Jun 16, 2023 7:05 PM
May 2020
The last episode makes me cry so hard. Watching it in a Father's day week makes me more emotional, thinking how Byakuya spent his life more on collecting rare materials incase Senku might use it for petrification; to bring back the civilization. They might not be blood related but Byakuya and Senku's father-and-son relationship have strong connection that makes them believe with each others ability. Just like Gen said, they were alike. Their bond is formed because of Science. It's so heartwarming.

All in all, the entire season is great as expected. Waiting for the next one but I think I can't wait any longer, need to read the manga as soon as I got the time. Uhh.
Jun 16, 2023 8:14 PM
Jan 2023
Wow this episode had me in tears. Senku not caring about being adopted and using his fathers decades of work made me tear. 2 days before fathers day.
Jun 17, 2023 1:15 AM
Mar 2018
This was not bad but odd at times! At the end at last...
Jun 17, 2023 3:04 AM
Oct 2021
october.. sosurze korewa..
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dr. Stone: New World Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2023

93 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 22, 10:03 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone: New World Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2023

107 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 19, 8:41 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone: New World Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 25, 2023

97 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 15, 2:04 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone: New World Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 18, 2023

118 by bushman66 »»
Apr 12, 1:01 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone: New World Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

EndenDragon - May 12, 2023

76 by bushman66 »»
Apr 12, 12:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.