Forum Settings
Forums

So... I've completed over 1,000 titles now...

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 10, 2023 9:09 PM

Sep 2021
Phosphophyllita said:
Friend, I'm sorry to say this, but watching it dubbed doesn't count as watching. Watch it again in the original language.
KryzakamiHrybami said:
You watched 1,000 anime and yet you chose to watch dubbed anime? Try again from scratch. There's something you didn't understand.
Fluffygreygrass said:
Now try to reach 10000 entries…And subbed
Roevhaal said:
Crossing that milestone with a dub, how sad.

What are you blud's waffling about? Ghost stories is only relevant BECAUSE of its out of pocket dub, search it up. I hereby revoke your weeb status for not knowing or knowingly ignoring something as well known as that.
Jun 10, 2023 9:15 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Good for you? For sure it's not something proud to have, nor a shame.

It's just numbers.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Jun 10, 2023 9:59 PM
Oct 2019
1000 it's a rookie number aim for 10,000. See ya in 10 years.
Jun 10, 2023 10:17 PM

Nov 2016
Congratulations 👏👏👏 (insert evangelion scene)
Jun 10, 2023 10:32 PM

May 2023
Damn, what a hilarious thread. Btw, congrats on completing 1,000 titles. It will probably take me another 15-20 years to get there. So how has your views on anime medium changed in these years and have you ever gone through phases of burnout?
Jun 11, 2023 12:14 AM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Congratulations. You finished the tutorial.
Jun 11, 2023 12:33 AM

Jan 2023
Congrats!
Maybe go for 1,000 mangas next?
Jun 11, 2023 12:46 AM
Senpai

May 2021
You have 5 favourites with 1000 anime, so i think you don't like it that much.
Just kidding :)
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Jun 11, 2023 3:26 AM
Tail On!

Aug 2018
Advide said:
Phosphophyllita said:
Friend, I'm sorry to say this, but watching it dubbed doesn't count as watching. Watch it again in the original language.
KryzakamiHrybami said:
You watched 1,000 anime and yet you chose to watch dubbed anime? Try again from scratch. There's something you didn't understand.
Fluffygreygrass said:
Roevhaal said:

What are you blud's waffling about? Ghost stories is only relevant BECAUSE of its out of pocket dub, search it up. I hereby revoke your weeb status for not knowing or knowingly ignoring something as well known as that.
I know about it, the clips I watched were terrible though, the original is probably better. And honestly even if you consider the dub better it's really just an abridged version made from an official source, you can't actually say you watched ghost stories imo.
Jun 11, 2023 3:52 AM

Sep 2014
Advide said:
Phosphophyllita said:
KryzakamiHrybami said:
Fluffygreygrass said:
Roevhaal said:

Who are you talking to? Ghost Stories is infamous because of its abysmal dub. Refusing to watch it dubbed is a factually logical decision. Unless you're like OP and you don't care about the anime you watch, I can only suggest you to stop doing dubs right now. If you like anime, watch it in its original form. It's not complicated.
Jun 11, 2023 4:02 AM

Jul 2021
that's not enough. it's a small percentage of total animes. watch some more.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jun 11, 2023 4:43 AM

Dec 2013
Now you continue, until you get bored. When you do, it's time to change your hobby.
Jun 11, 2023 9:48 AM

Mar 2017
I play Ingress, a geolocation-based smartphone game, and one of its features is that as players perform certain actions in the game enough times, they receive medals. There are five levels to these medals, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, and Onyx, where Bronze level can usually be reached by beginning players within a fairly short time while some of the Onyx levels are for practical purposes out of reach even with years of play (though others are more easily reachable).

So this thread about a fan reaching 1,000 animes got me thinking, if there were an Ingress medal for animes watched, what would the numbers look like? Maybe something like this?:
Bronze - 50
Silver - 200
Gold - 500
Platinum - 2,000
Onyx - 5,000
A møøse once bit my sister...
Jun 11, 2023 10:08 AM

Aug 2018
I've always wished that I had the same amount of energy to finish animes, mangas, and vns in short amount of time as some of you users on here. Just watching a single episode or two of most shows tends to take all my energy lol.
"Of what worth is a king who fails to protect the powerless?" —Saber, Fate/Zero
Jun 11, 2023 11:53 AM
Advide said:
Phosphophyllita said:
KryzakamiHrybami said:
Fluffygreygrass said:
Roevhaal said:

do you think I care about dubs? Ghost story can have the best dubs that are out there and I still wouldn’t change my answer.
Jun 11, 2023 12:17 PM

Sep 2021
KryzakamiHrybami said:
Advide said:

Who are you talking to? Ghost Stories is infamous because of its abysmal dub. Refusing to watch it dubbed is a factually logical decision. Unless you're like OP and you don't care about the anime you watch, I can only suggest you to stop doing dubs right now. If you like anime, watch it in its original form. It's not complicated.
Jeez it's like talking to a brick wall. No I don't watch dubs, it's only that Ghost Stories original is among the most shitty sleep inducing horror story show out there. I, like most normal people, simply value my time and appreciate the effort people made to make it watchable.
Jun 11, 2023 12:29 PM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
next for another thousand then :D

awdpawpdoadpowao
Jun 11, 2023 12:39 PM
Jul 2016
In order to become an master in a given field, it is said that you need 10,000 hours of practice. 10,000 hours = 416.7 days. At 241 days, you have reached past the half-way point to anime mastery! Keep going!
erikkamirsJun 11, 2023 12:42 PM
Jun 11, 2023 12:52 PM

Nov 2015
Advide said:
Jeez it's like talking to a brick wall. No I don't watch dubs, it's only that Ghost Stories original is among the most shitty sleep inducing horror story show out there. I, like most normal people, simply value my time and appreciate the effort people made to make it watchable.
no, you are actually talking to a brick wall. following their argument to it's conclusion, real anime fans would never watch subbed(unless it's subbed in 日本語) and only watch raw.
and i guess

that i just don't know
Jun 11, 2023 4:07 PM

Feb 2014
Measuring based on MAL entries isn't a good method, is more about time spent, 241 days is quite an amount, yeah.
Jun 11, 2023 7:41 PM

Sep 2014
cyandaqil said:
Advide said:
no, you are actually talking to a brick wall. following their argument to it's conclusion, real anime fans would never watch subbed(unless it's subbed in 日本語) and only watch raw.

Finally someone who gets it. Watching raw is factually the most optimal way to consume anime. I still prefer watching in 日本語 subs since I can practice reading kanji while watching anime. Unfortunately, Netflix is the only platform I know that offer such subs. Otherwise watching raw is the best.
Advide said:
KryzakamiHrybami said:

How about you don't watch it at all if you had to make a shitty anime with horrible audio to make it watchable, somehow. And you call yourself normal?
Jun 11, 2023 8:33 PM

Oct 2014
tsunakami321 said:
Wow, I compared our lists against each other just in curiosity, and not even a third of what I've watched (293 to be exact) coincide with what you've watched. Just kinda find it crazy, but awesome, that two people can watch over 900 anime and still have so little in common. Guess there aren't over 40,000 anime entries (I think it's like 44k?) on MAL for nothing!
I've also only seen about 300 of the anime you have and I've seen over 3x as many titles as you have. Btw there's only about 25k anime entries that actually exist on MAL, the IDs just go really high because MAL does them sequentially based on when people submit an anime to the database regardless of whether or not it gets approved, so there's over 100 different IDs on MAL allocated to Cory in the House.
Jun 11, 2023 9:09 PM

Apr 2021
FFandMMfan said:
Number 1,000 was Ghost Stories, by the way. Dubbed of course.
Dubbed Ghost Stories, a man of culture indeed.

(〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜

Jun 12, 2023 12:07 AM
Feb 2021
FFandMMfan said:
...Now what do I do with my life? Have I reached Peak Weeb? Should I go touch some grass? I'm just not sure where to go from here.

and my ep count is as same as yours despite completing 300 titles or so🤨
Jun 12, 2023 4:30 AM
Jun 2023
My advice is to take a break and go for a Trip. I am India Tour Guide met many creative people like you. They come for a change learn new out of the box things.
All makes you Rejuvenate and fresh once again for a different target.

Smiles and wishes 
Jun 12, 2023 4:39 AM

May 2023
There are like 24k anime in MAL. Go watch the trash as well. lol

Jun 12, 2023 4:41 AM

Jul 2019
You had the chance to make you 1001st anime Inu ni Nattara Suki na Hito ni Hirowareta yet you didn't.
Jul 16, 2023 11:54 AM

Mar 2021
FFandMMfan said:
...Now what do I do with my life? Have I reached Peak Weeb? Should I go touch some grass? I'm just not sure where to go from here.

only 1000? pleb. you are like little baby compared to me. just look at my profile and you will cry
Jul 16, 2023 1:35 PM

Oct 2018
FFandMMfan said:
Have I reached Peak Weeb

Not yet. Now you need to read 1000 manga, then 1000 light novels, and finally 1000 visual novels. Then you may obtain your weeb license.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Does it bother you to think how much time we burn waiting for new anime?

Zimmu - Yesterday

29 by alshu »»
5 minutes ago

» Digitalization of the modern world and anime ( 1 2 )

RobertBobert - May 6

50 by Yonahim_Zz »»
13 minutes ago

» Your longest record/streak

Yonahim_Zz - 3 hours ago

24 by Yonahim_Zz »»
15 minutes ago

Poll: » How you decide what anime to watch next

ST63LTH - 2 hours ago

12 by Yonahim_Zz »»
16 minutes ago

» Best White Hair guy in anime?

RedTea33 - 9 hours ago

8 by nyugvo6 »»
51 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.