Forum Settings
Forums

'Gamera: Rebirth' Reveals Additional Cast, Theme Song Artist, First Promo, 2023 Premiere

New
Mar 25, 2023 8:00 AM
News Team
Aug 2019
The Gamera: Rebirth Special Stage at AnimeJapan 2023 revealed additional cast members, theme song and ending theme artist, the first promo, and a new visual (pictured) on Saturday. The anime is set to premiere in 2023 worldwide on Netflix.

Mamoru Miyano (Steins;Gate) and Saori Hayami (Darling in the FranXX) are joining the cast as James Tazaki and Emiko Melchiori, respectively.

Punk rock band Wanima is performing the theme song and ending theme.

Hiroyuki Seshita (Godzilla trilogy movie) is directing the anime series at ENGI. Kenta Ihara (Youjo Senki), Hiroshi Seko (Chainsaw Man), and Hiroyuki Seshita are handling the series composition. Atsushi Tamura (Tenki no Ko) is designing the characters, and Shuuji Katayama (Overlord) is composing the music.

Gamera: Rebirth is based on the kaijuu of the same name who first appeared in 1965 and received twelve movies, a comic book, and video games.

PV

Source: Comic Natalie
Hyperion_PSMar 25, 2023 8:04 AM
Mar 25, 2023 8:11 AM

Jan 2009
i hope this has more monster or kaiju action fights than the Godzilla Trilogy that was bad

anyway im hype since i see that this Gamera monster can fly unlike Godzilla
Mar 25, 2023 8:53 AM

Feb 2021
Oh my God! What is this 3D CGI monster?! It looks horrible!
Mar 25, 2023 9:49 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
deg said:
i hope this has more monster or kaiju action fights than the Godzilla Trilogy that was bad

if you've never seen a Gamera movie, watch the Heisei Gamera films from 1995 to 1999, theyre are arguable the greatest monster movies ever and hopefully this will pay alot of homage to them especially with this seeming to be a bit dark 

Jiger however is from one of the cheesier/fun 60s movies lol

but the Swarm of Gyaos is completely 90s lol
Mar 25, 2023 9:49 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Memore said:
its not the monsters being 3d thats the problem, its the choppy movements and the ugly 3dgci humans that kinda ruin it lol
Mar 25, 2023 9:50 AM

Jan 2009
EcchiGodMamster said:
deg said:

if you've never seen a Gamera movie, watch the Heisei Gamera films from 1995 to 1999, theyre are arguable the greatest monster movies ever and hopefully this will pay alot of homage to them especially with this seeming to be a bit dark 

thanks i might consider it if i feel like watching old movies sometime
Mar 25, 2023 9:52 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
deg said:
EcchiGodMamster said:

ill just say, while they all do... ONE of those movies shows how TRULY TERRIFYING it would be to have monsters running around your city lol
Mar 25, 2023 9:53 AM

Jan 2009
EcchiGodMamster said:
deg said:

ill just say, while they all do... ONE of those movies shows how TRULY TERRIFYING it would be to have monsters running around your city lol

sounds interesting thanks for mentioning that
Mar 25, 2023 9:53 AM

Feb 2021
EcchiGodMamster said:
Memore said:
its not the monsters being 3d thats the problem, its the choppy movements and the ugly 3dgci humans that kinda ruin it lol

You are right, yes.
Mar 25, 2023 9:57 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Memore said:
EcchiGodMamster said:

You are right, yes.

idk if you've seen any Gamera movies or not but the humans matter even more so than in Godzilla movies, so having them be hideous can potentially ruin it lol
Mar 25, 2023 10:40 AM

Feb 2021
EcchiGodMamster said:
Memore said:

You are right, yes.

idk if you've seen any Gamera movies or not but the humans matter even more so than in Godzilla movies, so having them be hideous can potentially ruin it lol

No, I haven't seen Gomera movies yet.
Mar 25, 2023 10:42 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Memore said:
EcchiGodMamster said:

As I stated above, the heisei movies are arguably the greatest monster movies to this day
Mar 25, 2023 10:44 AM

Feb 2021
EcchiGodMamster said:
Memore said:

As I stated above, the heisei movies are arguably the greatest monster movies to this day

I understand, will watch these movies later, thank you.
Mar 25, 2023 9:15 PM

Aug 2010
IMO, Gamera is super underrated compared to Godzilla. The CGI isn't amazing, but I'm looking forward to this.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Mar 27, 2023 6:28 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
CG looks meh but I'll watch this solely to see why Gamera is so loved by the kaijuu community

More topics from this board

» 'Detective Conan' Creator's 'Yaiba' Manga Receives New Anime

Hyperion_PS - 8 hours ago

6 by kihel »»
21 minutes ago

» Manga 'Tougen Anki' Gets TV Anime in 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by thebrentinator24 »»
5 hours ago

» 'Kusuriya no Hitorigoto' Second Season Announced

Nioxys - Mar 23

21 by andragosha »»
10 hours ago

» 'Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu' Reveals Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - May 6

2 by ST63LTH »»
Yesterday, 7:09 AM

» Undead Unluck Unveiled: Let's Talk Muscles with Yoshifumi Tozuka

Kineta - Mar 19

4 by Anime_Luv »»
Yesterday, 6:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.