Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Mar 17, 2023 5:14 PM
Aug 2019
KANLen09 said:
Christmas is coming up...but Miri's mother Misaki showing herself in front of the daycare where both Kazuki and Rei were going to pick her up, what's her purpose?

Of course, any kind of semblance that Miri has for her mother, you can't beat a child's biological link with their parents. Of course, with the innocent child fawning over their adult influences, how could they say no, especially when Kazuki's getting all furious and flamed. But as to the question of "why now", it's a personal karma of health-related issues like cancer that caused her to lose her voice and her man. But at the behest of wanting Miri at the expense of her own gain, even Rei is also cautious of her taking care of Miri and living a honest life of a future. The reason: Rei's father Ogino sensing that Miri's inclusion has made both Kazuki and Rei's assassin job sloppy, so much so that Kyutaro has to contact her mother to come fetch Miri before all hell turns loose, since they both killed her father in the first place.

And in doing so, taking a family day out with Miri is fitting for the buddy assassins in fun and laughter. Weenie Kazuki, haha lols. But reality hits closer than home when Miri mentions about her mother, knowing full well that this will be the last time that they will see her. It's heartwarming to even see Rei take charge of the day out to grasp as much time as possible before they say goodbye, and both buddy daddies were certainly changed because of Miri.

It's sad to see Miri go, but the job has to be done. It's time to wake up from the dream, and as much as I'm crying onion tears in pain, it's time to move on.

Well said. it's actually not easy seeing her go. But, it's for her and her mother's own safety and for their sake.
Mar 17, 2023 5:34 PM
May 2022
This episode was so cute, but the pain was at ten…:(
Mar 17, 2023 5:40 PM
Apr 2021
This entire episode was just pain man
Mar 17, 2023 6:26 PM

Jul 2016
They should just co-parent
Mar 17, 2023 6:26 PM
Mar 2021
I'm not crying. You're crying...
Mar 17, 2023 6:42 PM

Dec 2022
poor Kazuki, a mother like him just hates parting with his beloved daughter ^_^ and even big poppa Rei showed a shred of emotion there atop the Ferris wheel, that's when you know things are getting serious!
at this point we're going to have a bittersweet ending whether mom screws everything up again or whether she dies
Mar 17, 2023 7:06 PM

Apr 2022
miri's mom is back in the picture and she's changed quite a lot; physically and her situation as well.
some nice wholesome day out for miri, rei and kazuki, but pretty sad at the same time as well. hit me hard.
Mar 17, 2023 7:41 PM
Dec 2019
so heartbreaking why did you do this to me 😒😒she was so happy to spend the day with them. the fact she thinks she’ll see them tomorrow, shes so clueless. life is indeed cruel but its a good example to show what its like to live with seperated parents.
Mar 17, 2023 7:42 PM

Jun 2019
This episode wrecked me
Mar 17, 2023 8:00 PM
Jun 2021
I started crying like halfway through the episode.

I know it's not ideal for Miri to stay with Kazuki and Rei while both of them are still in the Organisation because it's already hinted how that would end up but I can't help feeling hopeful. I'm probably going to cry again in the upcoming episodes.
Mar 17, 2023 8:43 PM
Jan 2023
it hit the spot. i love it, its is emotional.

Mar 17, 2023 8:43 PM
May 2017
aboslutley amazing, but very sad. It definitely hit right in the feels!!
Mar 17, 2023 9:04 PM
Mar 2022
Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Mar 17, 2023 9:04 PM
May 2017
this shit just buddies now

5/5 episode
Mar 17, 2023 10:06 PM
Oct 2021
Kyu calling the mom was the most elegant solution. It shows he also cares about Miri and would rather she be in the care of someone she loves, it's just fortunate that the mom seems ready to love Miri back too. I'm hoping she gives guardianship to Kazuki and Rei after she passes away, and that by then K&R have defected from the organization. We deserve a happily ever after!
Mar 17, 2023 10:46 PM
Feb 2020
I HAVE TO WAIT A WEEK TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS??? AHHHHHHHHHH
Mar 17, 2023 10:52 PM

Feb 2016
Damn, just when I thought this cannot get any worst, this episode tries so hard to set the main plot in motion in the most boring and uninteresting way possible.
Sorry if my english is bad (γ£Λ˜β–½Λ˜)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
Mar 17, 2023 11:11 PM

Mar 2012
Something just doesn't add up. So far I thought that Miri's mother was neglectful possibly abusive towards her which is why she didn't miss her once she started living with Kazuki and Rei but she immediately runs to happily hug her mother the moment she appears!? How come she didn't miss her or ask her Papas to live with her mother so far because even if she didn't know what a family is supposed to be earlier she most definitely must have had some conversations with the other kids at day care and must have wanted for her Mama and Papas to be together. The whole thing just makes no sense at all. Also given that her mother has cancer and doesn't have long to live what would happen to Miri after her death!? Why did she want to take her back at this point?

Honestly I was expecting for assassins to be sent after Kazuki and Miri at this point but Kyuu-chan truly is a great guy he instead tries to resolve it peacefully without getting anyone killed. Well there are 3 more episodes to go and given how most anime always aim for a happy end I think that they'll most likely find some way for Miri to stay with Kazuki and Rei which will also leave some scope for further seasons, no studio is going to leave out any chance to milk the series if it does sell well after all.
Mar 17, 2023 11:48 PM
Sep 2021
Maou_heika said:
Something just doesn't add up. So far I thought that Miri's mother was neglectful possibly abusive towards her which is why she didn't miss her once she started living with Kazuki and Rei but she immediately runs to happily hug her mother the moment she appears!? How come she didn't miss her or ask her Papas to live with her mother so far because even if she didn't know what a family is supposed to be earlier she most definitely must have had some conversations with the other kids at day care and must have wanted for her Mama and Papas to be together. The whole thing just makes no sense at all. Also given that her mother has cancer and doesn't have long to live what would happen to Miri after her death!? Why did she want to take her back at this point?

Honestly I was expecting for assassins to be sent after Kazuki and Miri at this point but Kyuu-chan truly is a great guy he instead tries to resolve it peacefully without getting anyone killed. Well there are 3 more episodes to go and given how most anime always aim for a happy end I think that they'll most likely find some way for Miri to stay with Kazuki and Rei which will also leave some scope for further seasons, no studio is going to leave out any chance to milk the series if it does sell well after all.

I wouldn't be surprised if the cancer thing was real, because this show is about parenting, and well.. smoking can kill (they even stopped her when she got her cigarette because Miri was around).

Another guess would be that Kyu sent one of his assassins to scare her into getting Miri back, and the scar is just the result of a blade pointed at her neck, something like "If you want to keep singing, you'll do as I say".
Mar 17, 2023 11:56 PM

Mar 2012
Tobirama-Sensei said:
Maou_heika said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the cancer thing was real, because this show is about parenting, and well.. smoking can kill (they even stopped her when she got her cigarette because Miri was around).

Another guess would be that Kyu sent one of his assassins to scare her into getting Miri back, and the scar is just the result of a blade pointed at her neck, something like "If you want to keep singing, you'll do as I say".
I don't think she's lying about having cancer, she said she cannot sing anymore, doesn't look like Kyuu sent someone to threaten her but coming back to get a child she abandoned when she doesn't have long to live is irresponsible. It's actually Miri's perspective which I'm having a hard time to understand.
Mar 18, 2023 1:17 AM

Jun 2013
Why do I have a feeling that Miri's mom is going to die, like killed by the organization or that the scarf that Kazu gave Miri has a tracking device or something? 

Ngl, this episode was hard to watch because knowing Miri was going to leave them and she would go back to her mother. I have a feeling Kazu and Rei will be defectors though. Rei's mind keeps going back to that guy he killed at the abandoned ship and what he said. 

Idk why though, I feel like Miri's mom is not being genuine, I don't trust her. 
臭い-
Mar 18, 2023 1:26 AM

Nov 2013
Damn, that was feels. I have a feeling the last 3 episodes are going to be depression. Rip wholesome.

Good episode, but damn seeing Miri having to leave Rei and Kazuki hurt.

Mar 18, 2023 1:55 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
(on the ferris wheel) Miri: "oh no, we're going down now!"

Kazuki: "It's okay. We got more than our fair share."

Pardon my french, but I fucking love the way this episode ended. I was 90% sure that something big and dramatic would happen at the end, maybe Kazuki would call after Miri and tell her to stay with him and Rei, maybe the mother got kidnapped for some reason, maybe Miri would've gotten lost or kidnapped herself, or just SOMETHING to end it in a cliffhanger. But no, it just finishes with no drama, Kazuki and Rei handing over Miri to her mother, unbeknownst to Miri that she would be leaving them for good; and that's that. The two of them walk off to start their new life, and Rei and Kazuki looking on, saying to themselves "I guess we weren't able to change."

Now obviously shit's gonna happen, I mean there's still 3 whole episodes left. I'm just saying I love how this episode was handled on its own. It was time to say their goodbyes, and they say their goodbyes; and that's all there was to it.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Mar 18, 2023 2:10 AM
Oct 2014
nah some shady shit is going on and even if it's not the only reason that bxxxh wants our sweet Miri back is because she feels guilty about throwing her daughter away and now that she's got cancer and doesn't have left to live she wants to try to make amends and do good well fxxk that u already had your chance and you blew it

also the enter 2nd hand of the episode I had teary eyes until the last Luke 5 minuets and it was just waterworks omg THEN THEY WANNA PLAY THE ED SONG I kid u noy I laughed in pain and flipped off my TVπŸ˜… fxxk outa here u wanna play that mellow chill happy song after the PAIN u just caused meπŸ–•πŸΌ
Mar 18, 2023 2:37 AM

Jan 2021
She has cancer and still tries to smoke in Rei's house? When her life is completely down and out she says God is cruel? And when she had lost everything, abandoned by everyone, she wanted to take back her child who she had thrown away and had been given a decent life by Kazuki dan Rei? Begging them to pity her and forgive her selfishness?

"As her mother, I can't leave her in your care any longer." What? Leaving her in their care? More like she threw away her own daughter who was then given a decent life by Kazuki and Rei. She never said "please take care of Miri..." or even just checked on Miri's condition, let alone gave monthly money for her needs. I can't sympathize with people like her.

I don't know if the mother has really changed or if it's because she's being paid a lot of money by Kyu-chan, but I hope she's doing it because she's being paid by Kyu-chan.

But even after everything, I still really liked this episode. Last episode was fun and full of smiles, this episode is fun in its own way, although it can't be denied that a farewell is always sad. I hope Miri can live a decent life with her mom and not eat fast food every day. Stay healthy and stay happy, Miri β™‘

Mar 18, 2023 4:07 AM
Dec 2022
HINDI NAMAN AKO NAIYAK.
Mar 18, 2023 5:21 AM
Aug 2017
This episode had me crying...Honestly, I don't buy Miri's mom change because it just felt too quick and sudden. I wish they added some built up to that at least, like show her missing Miri or something before this episode. Also, one more thing that got me at the beginning of the episode..was she intending to take Miri with her without even telling Kazuki & Rei about it? Yeah..idk...I just hope they can somehow be a family again because based on episode 10, what's coming next is going to hurt more.
Mar 18, 2023 5:24 AM
Oct 2022
Couldn't hold back the tears but I enjoyed this episode, can't wait for the next one.
Mar 18, 2023 6:16 AM

Nov 2013
The end of a dream...

Good episode. 
Mar 18, 2023 7:44 AM
Dec 2022
It's sad they had to let go of Miri! Misaki seem to have some good intentions, but I wonder if it was enough to make up for abandoning her, and I don't think Miri would have to choose between any of them. Other than that, Kazuki and Rei would have to worry about the organization doing something to her.
Mar 18, 2023 9:23 AM
Sep 2021
Why couldn’t they just live together in one house?
Mar 18, 2023 9:30 AM
Dec 2022
Most emotional episode yet. Why.....
Mar 18, 2023 9:46 AM

Sep 2017
Hmmm can't we work out some compromise where the dads can still see her? But also it's like they're assassins and they killed her dad. Miri's mom did abandon her to go find her dad, but evidently she treated Miri well when they were together. Loved the metaphor with reaching the top of the ferris wheel. This was a really well done "goodbye" episode. I wonder how tf things will play out from here. I don't see Miri taking this lightly. Also things at the daycare will get awkward.
Mar 18, 2023 10:16 AM
Jan 2022
This episode is very touching, after a while Miri lived with 2 fathers, eventually they had to part, Miri returned to her mother, thanks to Miri Rei experienced many new things, Kazuki had to hide his feelings. so as not to cry in front of Miri. I can't hold back my tears
Mar 18, 2023 10:17 AM

Jan 2011
really good goodbye  but theres still lingering problems  so who really knows what path this will go "we haven't changed" line hurt but not as much as our girl running right to her mom without any care 

throwing the curveball of her having cancer makes me hope they don't actually kill her...even though shes still dying like  at some point Miri is  gonna end up parentless if the boys are truly out of her life ( i don't want that to happen)
Mar 18, 2023 10:27 AM
Jul 2015
β„™π•’π•šπ•Ÿ π•‘π•’π•šπ•Ÿ π•˜π•  𝕒𝕨𝕒π•ͺ π•”π• π•žπ•– π•’π•˜π•’π•šπ•Ÿ π•’π•Ÿ 𝕠π•₯𝕙𝕖𝕣 𝕕𝕒π•ͺ π•π•šπ•₯π•₯𝕝𝕖 π•œπ•’π•«π•¦π•œπ•š π•£π•–π•š π•¨π•’π•Ÿπ•₯ π•₯𝕠 𝕑𝕝𝕒π•ͺ πŸ₯ΊπŸ₯΄πŸ₯²πŸ‘‹β˜βœ‹ with little Miri
Mar 18, 2023 11:55 AM

Oct 2008
Well... It was the right move... but for the wrong reason.

No matter what, once a wasp senses something in its favor that you have, it never gives up until: 1) you be stripped out of everything that resembles that; 2) you're gone. You cannot let them alone, do whatever they want, build themselves around your "thing", otherwise they will take it no matter what, then leave...

First, you need to hide your thing from them (let's call it "sugar", although they love meat and blood more than sugar), hide your sugar, put it in a very secretive/hidden/far-away place, with guards or not but far from what will be coming, because they will find it, they have a very good sense to find those things that you love, and they will find it if you are not careful. Then prepare yourself very well, numbers are at their side and you are too late to face them as you are as usual, because they will sense you, and they will come after you, full numbers!, not a single one available will not go after you, you will feel their wrath against you, not from what you take from them, but from what they could take from you and you prevent it.

Some people tried to run but they fail, as you could see a few eps earlier; some people tried to hide it as you did in the first place, but they will fail or already have failed, so now it's the time for the very easy part to begin but very hard to end it... It's time to kill some wasps!
r_justoMar 18, 2023 12:01 PM
For the ones that like to bother others (like me) with "you should read the manga/LN", please stop. I don't read mangas, I will NOT read mangas, I will not listen to what manga readers complain in adaptation to the anime counterpart, I only watch anime except in very few and specific situations.
Mar 18, 2023 12:19 PM
Feb 2015
How are there still 3 more episodes I thought it'd be another 2??? I just know something bad is gonna happen in them ahhhhhhhh too much suspense I just don't want any of the mc's to die 😭
Mar 18, 2023 1:42 PM
Sep 2020
I’m sad so very sad, happy for miri but overall very sad and heartbroken
Mar 18, 2023 2:45 PM
Jan 2018
Miri has filled a void in both of their hearts :( this is literally heartbreaking ngl.
Mar 18, 2023 2:57 PM
Dec 2022
All i can say is pain
Mar 18, 2023 6:56 PM
Jan 2023
it was so emotionaly damage but its not ended yet
Mar 18, 2023 7:33 PM
Feb 2021
fue muy emotivo:(
Mar 18, 2023 9:56 PM

Apr 2015
Ah damn, I mentally prepared myself for the angst since two episodes ago, and it finally came and hit me right in the feels in this episode. I only teared up during the crepe scene but finally shed a single tear when Miri said, "see you tomorrow!" Miri's mother probably has some sort of hidden agenda, I'm not fully convinced with her sob story. Hope it doesn't turn out to be that she got paid to take Miri back though, that'd be a bit too cliché for my lacking. But really looking forward to seeing how things play out in the last three episodes!

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Mar 18, 2023 10:29 PM

Jun 2009
Truly a sad episode, my heart hurts for Kazuki and Rei. :(

Wondering if Miri's mom was telling the truth or if she's lying... she did talk with Kyu-chan after all, and he is aware that Kazuki and Miri are targets......

You have been blessed by sparkly bishie Cherry Blossom <3 You're welcome ^^

Mar 18, 2023 10:46 PM

Jul 2021
did not expect to get this depressed while watching a buddy daddies episode :(

also anyone knows what kazuki meant when he said, "guess we weren't able to change" at the end?

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Mar 18, 2023 11:34 PM
Mar 2023
It is the most touching chapter, they are really letting go of Miri for her sake and it hurts to see how it affects them emotionally because, even if they are not her parents, they love her like a daughter.
Mar 19, 2023 12:37 AM
Jan 2023
i knew this day would come but i didnt think it'd tear at my heart
Mar 19, 2023 12:38 AM
Jan 2023
i knew this day would come but i didnt think it'd tear at my heart
Mar 19, 2023 1:29 AM
Oct 2019
Damn this is the first sad episode...

such an emotional rollercoaster.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Buddy Daddies Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 13, 2023

178 by PrimeX »»
Yesterday, 5:45 AM

Poll: » Buddy Daddies Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 6, 2023

220 by PrimeX »»
Yesterday, 5:22 AM

Poll: » Buddy Daddies Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2023

289 by renzospark »»
Apr 20, 10:18 AM

» Parenting anime

Gurmukh - Apr 8

27 by ListlessRecorder »»
Apr 13, 7:54 AM

Poll: » Buddy Daddies Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2023

151 by zaverix »»
Mar 30, 6:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.