New
Mar 6, 2023 1:41 PM

Oct 2022
I have a strong stomach lol. I have been looking for something disturbing

I have read the classics like 

The Orc Bride

That one about the chick who regrows her limbs and stuff. I forgot the name

killing stalking.

The last thing to disturb me was the Ramsey Death scene and The rumbling from AOT
REGULAR SHOW TROUNCES ANY ANIME. PEAK FICTION

We protect other species because humans themselves are lonely creatures. We protect the environment because humans themselves don’t want to go extinct. What drives us is simply self-gratification. But I think that’s fine, and that it’s really all there is to it. There’s no point in despising humans by human standards. That’s right. So in the end, it’s hypocritical for us to love Earth without loving ourselves.
Mar 6, 2023 2:00 PM

Feb 2010
Some fucking brazen bull manga scene is the worst thing I've seen in a manga, and I have seen a lot (I don't list everything on my lists btw out of laziness I guess). I even have a channel where I've viewed and reviewed a lot of that shit in anime lol, see my profile page, but its more for fun and shock cuz its interesting to me.

The manga scene is, I think, Tatoe Hai Ni Natte Mo - Chapter 13. Dear God, never again O_O

All those other disturbing manga scenes ppl know of are bad but there's something so detailed and cruel about this one which makes it far worse for me. The worst of Berserk is like a 1/10 at this point for me, except for the infamous troll part and the burning people and pets scenes, those were a lil worse than the other parts of Berserk we'll say they are a 2/10 lol.

I've even seen a manga where like there's an epidemic of girls shit turning to stone and they do horrible self-mutilation to get it out, and even that is like meh because it lacks that cruelty-factor. Although that one is weird and funny in a dark humor kinda way. I think it's by that crazy guro manga guy who draws bloody houses fucking or something. I thought his other stuff was kinda lame and overrated.

The regrowing limbs manga, about a maid or something I think, that was also a little disturbing but it had like a bit of a dark humor thing going on so it didn't really bother me much. And there was a couple in I think Violence Jack who were amputated and used as pets that was also very disturbing, but still, not too bad.

btw in anime after a lot of thought I'd have to say in hindsight the most disturbing scene was probably this random part of the Overfiend saga with the skinning/orgy scene. It's brief but stands out over time lol especially if you see it as there's more to it I don't wanna post here lmao but it makes it far worse. The rest of that anime is crazy although I personally don't think overall it's bad as some others out there.
Shishio-kunMar 6, 2023 2:13 PM
Mar 6, 2023 8:41 PM

Aug 2019
Check out eroguro stuff. Suehiro Maruo is a prominent name. Out of what I've read, I only like things that he illustrated and someone else wrote, but his manga is vile, disturbing, and sometimes gory (maybe there was more gore but there were things going on that were more memorable than that so I could be forgetting).
Mar 7, 2023 1:18 AM
Aug 2021
Fraction and other related works by the author of that manga.
Mar 7, 2023 1:26 AM
Aug 2021
And you aren't ready with that kind of stuff.
Mar 7, 2023 10:37 AM

Oct 2022
 @Stacias

Ya sure??? Who is the author?

We protect other species because humans themselves are lonely creatures. We protect the environment because humans themselves don’t want to go extinct. What drives us is simply self-gratification. But I think that’s fine, and that it’s really all there is to it. There’s no point in despising humans by human standards. That’s right. So in the end, it’s hypocritical for us to love Earth without loving ourselves.
Mar 7, 2023 10:39 AM

Oct 2022
@Shishio-kun

Thanks so so much!!!

What are yout top 3 you would recommend checking out?

Mar 7, 2023 12:10 PM

Oct 2022
@Bucciest

Ill check him out, what are your top recs?

Mar 7, 2023 12:19 PM

Aug 2017
- Shiki is pretty disturbing. It's essentially a vampire story that's an allegory for xenophobia and genocide. It legit made my skin crawl, not even due to the violent death and gore but watching people very realistically run for their lives from a mob that wants to slaughter them. There's one girl who meets a very gruesome death, though.
- Goosh Goosh. A man is literally banged to death by a big fat man.
- Blood C is about someone summoning giant ancient rabbit gods that love to murder humans in violent, gory, bloody fashion.
- Higurashi; When They Cry
- Another
- Elfen Lied
Life is more pleasure than pain. You have meaning so long as you choose to. Everything matters to someone.
Mar 7, 2023 12:20 PM

Oct 2022
Darklordbambi said:
- Shiki is pretty disturbing. It's essentially a vampire story that's an allegory for xenophobia and genocide. It legit made my skin crawl, not even due to the violent death and gore but watching people very realistically run for their lives from a mob that wants to slaughter them. There's one girl who meets a very gruesome death, though.
- Goosh Goosh. A man is literally banged to death by a big fat man.
- Blood C is about someone summoning giant ancient rabbit gods that love to murder humans in violent, gory, bloody fashion.
- Higurashi; When They Cry
- Another
- Elfen Lied
Oooooooh I have only heard about half of these! Ill check em out!

Mar 7, 2023 1:10 PM
Mar 7, 2023 1:39 PM

Oct 2022
@silversaint

thats one i cant do. true crime is way to extreme for me. I hate the fetishization and sensationalization of real tragedies which affect real people. It desensitized the actual atrocities.

Mar 7, 2023 2:45 PM

Aug 2019
ForgedSteel said:
@Bucciest

Ill check him out, what are your top recs?

Aside from "Imomushi," the other two that I would recommend is "Ultra Gash Inferno" and "Lunatic Lover's" and it isn't because I necessarily liked them. Especially when it comes to "Ultra Gash Inferno." It really felt foul just for shock value's sake, but it might be up your alley in terms of something you're looking for. At least "Imomushi" has an interesting story going for it, but it was written by someone else (I haven't read enough of Suehiro Maruo's works to recommend more than that, but he is the artist and I can say there is an allure to his artwork).
Mar 7, 2023 6:54 PM

Mar 2023
ah i need some gore and violent mangas too , i just read ultra gash inferno and it is by far the most gore shit i have read. hope people will keep recommending mangas....
Mar 7, 2023 6:57 PM

Jul 2008
Homunculus is the most disturbing manga I have read. The ending is really chilling. There's also a scene where the main character uses a power drill to drill a hole in his skull which I will remember until the day I die, because the author so expertly illustrated the dude's clenched butt cheeks.
I write about manga → morningroo.com
and movies → letterboxd.com/ugla
Mar 8, 2023 6:08 AM

Feb 2017
God’s Left Hand, Devil’s Right Hand, Shokuryou Jinrui and Parasyte: The Maxim seem to have some disturbing scenes.
FrozenLichMar 8, 2023 6:20 AM
Best ending line in anime history = "My name is Saiki Kusuo. I am a psychic."
Mar 8, 2023 3:08 PM

Jun 2012
Hideout is pretty messed https://myanimelist.net/manga/28361/Hideout
And Ibitsu https://myanimelist.net/manga/16688/Ibitsu

I am a Hero has pretty weird zombies. It's suspenseful and was jump-scarey for me (yes, the manga), but it's not super gorey. Pretty sure some people get chomped on though.
"The f**ker who goes round beating people to a pulp. He thinks it'll never happen to himself. But there's gonna be a day when the f**ker gets f**king beaten to a pulp too. But that day's f**king today and the guy doing the beating is a f**king c**t." - Sang-hoon, Breathless (2009)
Mar 13, 2023 9:33 AM

Oct 2022
Ill check these out, thanks!

Mar 13, 2023 9:35 AM

Mar 2023
Please read Ultra Gash Inferno first as it is so gore-y and i think you would like it...
Mar 13, 2023 10:14 AM

Feb 2010
ForgedSteel said:
@Shishio-kun

Thanks so so much!!!

What are yout top 3 you would recommend checking out?

Top 3 as in what- anime, manga? Most violent overall, most disturbing overall, best of the gory in terms of writing...?
Mar 14, 2023 8:59 AM

Oct 2022
@Shishio-kun

Top 3 most disturbing mangas which you have read! Just the most extreme vile ones

Mar 14, 2023 9:00 AM

Oct 2022
nico_zypher said:
Please read Ultra Gash Inferno first as it is so gore-y and i think you would like it...
This sounds perfect! Thank you so much!

Mar 14, 2023 5:04 PM

Jul 2013
Try Linebarrels of Iron which I'm sure has the right amount of gore.

On a completely unrelated note, the writer did my girl Miu-chan dirty.
Mar 15, 2023 6:15 AM

Sep 2021
https://myanimelist.net/manga/32891/Kijin_Gahou

Pretty fucked up like the author's other works.
Mar 15, 2023 8:51 AM

Oct 2022
@Alriven

I actually enjoyed this one. I thought it was actually really well done lol.

Mar 17, 2023 8:29 PM

Dec 2013
Fetish - Not gory but pretty disturbing. The art is very beautiful too. Highly rec.
Helter Skelter - I can't describe my feelings towards this but this is really good.
Himizu - There's this one page that gave me creeps. But I also highly rec this.
Kami no Kodomo - This is the most disturbing manga I had ever read. I can't forget this and I may not want to re read this. But yeap, you can give a try :)

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Mar 25, 2023 1:12 AM

Aug 2020
Ibitsu by Haruto Ryo
Paranoia Star by Kotaro Takata
Fort of Apocalypse by Kazu Inabe
Genocyber by Tony Takezaki
Dragon Head by Minetaro Mochizuki
Battle Royale by Koushun Takami and Masayuki Taguchi
Imawa no Kuni no Alice (Alice in Borderland) by Haro Aso
The Drifting Classroom by Kazuo Umezu
Corpse Party by Makoto Kedouin and Toshimi Shinomiya
Biomega by Tsutomu Nihei
Mar 28, 2023 11:00 AM

Oct 2022
@_kukiyomenai

THIS!!! 

This is the kind of pyschologically disturbing manga which I have been looking for. Not just shock gore like mai chan.

Mar 28, 2023 8:10 PM

Jun 2017
Have you heard of Shintaro Kago?
He's made a lot of disturbing stuff

Jiro Matsumoto's works are pretty explicit as well

Ichi the Killer (same mangaka as Homonculus)

Kono Yo no Owari e no Tabi (made by the people who made Kami no Kodomo)
If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then live beautifully until the end.
” -Gintoki Sakata

More topics from this board

» Do you guys pick up completed axed manga.

zkl_ - Feb 28

14 by Eziprez »»
1 hour ago

Sticky: » 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Sign Up ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MRC_mod - Jan 18

380 by Kkulpanda »»
2 hours ago

» Have an amazing art in manga but not in anime

kirA_-_ - Apr 15

9 by Shirayukin »»
12 hours ago

» Most obscure titles in your list.

Otakupervert890 - Feb 24

22 by Timeline_man »»
Yesterday, 3:20 PM

» From all the ongoing (and on hiatus) manga, you can choose only one to eventually reach a conclusion. Which one would it be?

Caciulacdlac - Apr 10

5 by nishant0 »»
Yesterday, 1:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.