Forum Settings
Forums

Anime which you hate but you finished it anyway

New
Feb 15, 2023 5:05 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Any anime which you hate but you finished it anyway? and why did you do that?

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 15, 2023 5:07 AM

Feb 2020
Konosuba, Sabikui Bisco, Tanoshii Muumin Ikka Bouken Nikki, Tenkuu Shinpan.

+ many more.

SerafosFeb 15, 2023 5:18 AM
Feb 15, 2023 5:17 AM

Dec 2020
Tokyo Revengers, kept gaslighting myself, thought it would get better.
                                                                                                                                                                                      My reviews

Feb 15, 2023 5:43 AM

Sep 2018
'Wanna Be The Strongest in The World' - I kept expecting her to learn and start getting better, but most episodes were just watching her lose the same way.  It was tedious.
Feb 15, 2023 5:46 AM

Sep 2020
I don’t really drop shows, but maybe some of my 6s.
Feb 15, 2023 5:47 AM

Oct 2010
I don't really hate hxh but in the end I wanted to finish it because I was curious, you may say why didn't I read the wiki entry but that's lame and gives me no closure
Feb 15, 2023 5:52 AM

Dec 2015
Well despite that I don't drop shows, the ones which will fit your question are the same shows from another thread so will quote myself:

Zettaiken said:
Everything I rated 1-4:
Cleaning Switch
Sol Levante
Sweet Devil ft Hatsune
Houkiboshi
Lux Straigth
Nanatsu no Bitoku
Fate/Extra
Ai Tenchi Muyou
Nebula ft Hatsune
Maken ki Ova
11eyes momoiro
Black Rock Shooter dawn fall
Platinum End
Futsal Boys
Bikini Warriors
E no umakatta tomodachi
aki-sora
11eyes picture drama
to love ru ova multiplication
biki warriors ova
estab-life
Battle Athletess Daiundoukai ReSTART!
biki warriors special
shitcom

Even with some/big amount of beers these shows are boring as hell so it wasn't easy to not fall asleep while watching those
Feb 15, 2023 6:01 AM
Dec 2020
Akame Ga Kill, Tokyo Ghoul re, High-rise invasion, and (sorry in advance) afro samurai. All of them excluding tokyo ghoul were so hard to get through. Tokyo ghoul was just mad confusing, and lost the whole plot by the end.
Feb 15, 2023 6:03 AM

Mar 2012
Hunter x Hunter, I even dropped it multiple times but my friend at the time was really annoying about "it getting better" so somehow managed to complete it. There was also a short while where I didn't drop anime so there are a few more like Baka to Test, Beelzebub, etc which are sitting with a score of 1 in my completed list.
Feb 15, 2023 6:09 AM

Jan 2019
Assassin's Pride. I just hated it but didn't want to drop another anime.
Be happy with what you have to be happy with
Feb 15, 2023 6:18 AM

Aug 2018
back then i can only watch anime from illegal dvd i bought from local dvd shop.
and those dvd was pretty expensive for my school allowance so i finished every show i bought.
i remember hating a lot of those show but i have to mention school days because that stuff was something else
still having great time with my stuff
Feb 15, 2023 6:25 AM
Pirate King

Oct 2022
jojo's bizzare advantures part 3. completed it cause i wanted to watch part 4 ,but it was also bad ;)
Feb 15, 2023 6:58 AM

Aug 2018
Quite a few but usually they only became bad somewhere during the second half. I stuck with Ousama Ranking because of those crazy plot twists and mysterious events. I just had to see how it'd all be resolved. By the end I felt cheated but not surprised.
Feb 15, 2023 7:32 AM

Sep 2021
For me, it's Smile of Arsnotoria and Akiba Maid War. I finished them because they always appeared to get better, but never did!
Feb 15, 2023 7:33 AM

Jan 2021
Mushoku tensei. Finished it because my friend recommended it plus I don't drop series nowadays once I have started them.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Feb 15, 2023 7:44 AM
Oct 2014
BlazBlue: Alter Memory

This is probably the worst piece of media I've ever watched ever. Don't ask me why I watched it...
Feb 15, 2023 8:13 AM

May 2019
Probably Aria for me till this date. Watch all the way through the origination thinking I might like it but ends up disliking it even more. The whole show is unbearably slow and has this drawn-out monologuing scenes a lot. The cast has very annoying and repetitive catchphrases which makes it quite tedious to watch. 

Feb 15, 2023 8:18 AM
Jul 2022
senko-san, hoenstly  everyone just seemed like robots
Feb 15, 2023 8:35 AM

Aug 2018
VivaceRex said:
Probably Aria for me till this date. Watch all the way through the origination thinking I might like it but ends up disliking it even more. The whole show is unbearably slow and has this drawn-out monologuing scenes a lot. The cast has very annoying and repetitive catchphrases which makes it quite tedious to watch. 

Of course it's slow. It's about people who row boats for a living.
Feb 15, 2023 8:39 AM

Dec 2020
Planetes and Sankarea. I just never drop an anime even if I don't like it. If I watch one full episode of something, I complete it. As for Planetes specifically, it started nicely so I hoped it would somehow get better toward the end; it didn't.

Feb 15, 2023 8:40 AM

May 2021
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Rent a girlfriend, Tokyo Ghoul:re, Overlord S1, Demon slayer S1, etc are some animes that I continued watching despite my disliking them because I didn't wanted to Drop them.
Feb 15, 2023 8:56 AM

Apr 2015
I don't usually watch any anime I'd hate - I mostly just drop them. I do sometimes watch shows I think is absolutely horrid till the end mostly just to get the "License to s**t on it" - But there is ONE Exception:

Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku: I DESPISE this show. It has to be the most vile piece of trash I have ever seen and the fact that I stomached trough it is still insanity thinking back. Sky Wizards Academy was absolutely horrendous but yeah, Death March has it beat by a landslide. It is the only anime I can say that I actually hate yet managed to finish, most other bad anime did not warrant "hate" more so than just disappointment and a sense of wasted time.
Want to be offended, bored, angry and sad all at the same time? Come read my profile's "About me" section and you can experience a swell of emotions unlike anything else.

What? All those combined is called "Being triggered?" Okay...

Come be triggered I guess?
Feb 15, 2023 8:58 AM
"Oasis"

May 2022
BOKUBEN, both seasons and side stories. Why did I finish it? Because I'm an idiot, that's why. "ChOoSE yOUr WaIFu." It's the ONLY anime that after I finished everything, I genuinely felt like I wasted my time. 
Feb 15, 2023 9:00 AM

Jun 2019
I don't actually "hate" any anime (even those I've paused and placed in the On Hold section or even Dropped), but that doesn't change the fact that it's still hardly difficult to readily identify my least favorites out of everything I've watched.

For series I completed, some of my least favorite were Terra Formars and Rin: Daughters of Mnemosyne, both of which I rated a 2/10 and those are the only anime which have such a low rating from me. I don't even have that many 3s and 4s or even a huge number of 5s, so the 2/10 I believe is telling.

And, that aside, some of my other least favorite series and the ones I most intensely disliked certain aspects of are actually several of my 6/10s - Neon Genesis Evangelion, Sakamichi no Apollon (a shame because I love the 1960s Japan period setting and unusual incorporation of jazz actually within the plot), and the second half of Ousama Ranking.

Oh, and for some 5/10s and 4/10s, also very much Spice & Wolf II (Spice & Wolf season two), Babylon after the first four or five episodes when it went from underdog thriller with visionary direction in art and sound to a crazy lazy bad writing extravaganza, Rosario to Vampire (especially the second season), Comical Psychosomatic Medicine, Monster Musume no Oishasan, and Cheat Pharmacist's Slow Life Making a Drugstore in Another World. All were very easily what I would consider bottom of the barrel of everything I've watched anime-wise.

I would say the reason I finished any or all of them then is actually quite a simple and digestible one which should be relatable to some. It's identical to the reason I began watching them in the first place. The inherent value of the premise as teased and outlined in their synopses means they had enough worth as concepts for a series and story to make it worthwhile to see through to the end as to how it actually fully turned out even if by some point along the way I thought it would or expected it to be, or even was damn near certain that it would be bad. Because aside from raw curiosity, I also on principle absolutely refuse to rate and evaluate a series or form any conclusive opinion about its worth and quality if I haven't seen it through to full completion with my own eyes. If I am still currently watching it, if I have it on hold, or if I've dropped it, then my final opinion and stance on it will remain frozen and forever in limbo until such a point if or when that is no longer the case, so for series I was curious enough to watch in the first place based on the synopsis, I cannot bear that to be so.

Even the paused and dropped ones aren't just like unpersoned into the ether. It's more that they drop down to the very low or lowest of low priorities. 
WatchTillTandavaFeb 15, 2023 9:18 AM
Feb 15, 2023 9:09 AM
Mar 2022
World's strongest assassin gets reincarnated as a noble. That shit sucked balls. I have no idea why I finished it, I just did.
Feb 15, 2023 9:09 AM
Oct 2022
Hermit88 said:
Tokyo Revengers, kept gaslighting myself, thought it would get better.  
Ah damnn... I feel you so much dude. I don't regret it though, since now I have a reference point for a zero rating. 
Feb 15, 2023 9:10 AM

Jul 2021
Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san is one of them, I finished it because I didn't feel like dropping it and season 2 was coming out soon at that time.
Feb 15, 2023 9:11 AM

Jun 2019
epidemia78 said:
Quite a few but usually they only became bad somewhere during the second half. I stuck with Ousama Ranking because of those crazy plot twists and mysterious events. I just had to see how it'd all be resolved. By the end I felt cheated but not surprised.
Are you referring to how it became overly simplistic and at the same time nonsensical in the end, with certain events and plot points being drawn out and focused on while many others were breezed through, skipped over, or overly-simplified to reach a clean resolution which was very unsatisfying based on the first quarter or so of the series (even moreso especially the first two or three episodes)?

Could you also say "disgusted"? At least that's how I felt, honestly.
Feb 15, 2023 9:14 AM

Jan 2017
Death Note. I basically hate watched the second half. 
オタク? 私はそのことが私がかわいいと思う!
Feb 15, 2023 9:20 AM

Aug 2018
WatchTillTandava said:
epidemia78 said:
Are you referring to how it became overly simplistic and at the same time nonsensical in the end, with certain events and plot points being drawn out and focused on while many others were breezed through, skipped over, or overly-simplified to reach a clean resolution which was very unsatisfying based on the first quarter or so of the series (even moreso especially the first two or three episodes)?

Could you also say disgusted? At least that's how I felt, honestly.

I could write paragraphs detailing everything that went wrong with that horrible show. Every character seems to have some kind of personality disorder. They go from good to evil and back again. And they cry way too much over every little thing...just enormous fountains of tears. The first couple of times I actually felt sympathy but the tenth time I was just annoyed.
Feb 15, 2023 9:23 AM

Nov 2022
Kakegurui XX was kinda boring but i didn't hate it.

Feb 15, 2023 9:42 AM

Jan 2021
11eyes. Probably the only anime that I can say, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that I hate. It provokes so much rage in me because it was so bad. I don't know why (or how) I finished it. I'm sure there are others, but this is the most notable for me

Feb 15, 2023 9:47 AM

Apr 2021
For this I have to scroll through my 2-3 score ratings because...let's remind myself because I probably surpress those memories.

Himouto! Umaru-chan, Rent-a-girlfriend S2, Rosario to Vampire. 

I'm getting flashbacks just thinking about it...
Feb 15, 2023 9:48 AM
Jul 2018
Maou_heika said:
Hunter x Hunter, I even dropped it multiple times but my friend at the time was really annoying about "it getting better" so somehow managed to complete it. There was also a short while where I didn't drop anime so there are a few more like Baka to Test, Beelzebub, etc which are sitting with a score of 1 in my completed list.

Baka Test had a lot of heart & soul, though. I didn't find it funny either, but it was one of those shows where I felt the staff truly cared about the what they were making. Especially the Shaft-esque art direction.
Feb 15, 2023 10:25 AM

Nov 2022
zubby said:
Death Note. I basically hate watched the second half. 

Agree!

Also I'd say Cyberpunk: Edgerunners although didn't outright hate it. Maybe if they fleshed out more his relationship with his mother and his transition from a scrawny kid to a buffed up cyborg it would've been better for me.
Feb 16, 2023 2:23 AM

Dec 2020
Cross_MOON said:
Ah damnn... I feel you so much dude. I don't regret it though, since now I have a reference point for a zero rating. 
I initially wanted to give it a 3 or 4, but thought against it.
                                                                                                                                                                                      My reviews

Feb 16, 2023 2:55 AM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
Nah rinrin, my list is way too long for me to remember all of them ..
does anyone actually believe I like everything I've finished?
I finished them cause I've nothing else to do and I appreciate the effort they put in to make an anime..
That's why I watch a lot of underwhelming anime and unpopular anime too..

Feb 16, 2023 2:58 AM

Aug 2019
Watamote and Ijiranaide Nagatoro... I don't even know why I completed them

Feb 16, 2023 3:18 AM

Jul 2021
Akame ga kill
What can I say, Esdeath is a nice person.
Feb 16, 2023 3:43 AM

Oct 2021
Beelzebub was good but got boring towards the middle part. I stuck with it cuz I wanted to know the anime original ending. Naruto too I hated all the fillers by the time I had reach half way I was fast forwading almost the whole show it made me realize how many fillers were present in Naruto I just finished it cuz I had already watched like 400+ ep and I thought I might as well finish it.
Young_ForeverFeb 16, 2023 3:47 AM
Feb 16, 2023 4:20 AM
Feb 2021
the Gantz:O movie, Evangelion, Suzumiya Haruhi, Blood C and I guess Ao Haru Ride.
Feb 16, 2023 5:23 AM

Jun 2015
inu yasha and fairytail.

ft was a crime how bad it got by the end
Feb 16, 2023 5:34 AM

Sep 2020
Clannad After story. The hate watch was strong back then. It started off horribly, that Sunohara arc was just awful. Why'd they do my boy like that? Ofc it wasn't all shit. The timeskip and Okazaki becoming a father and all those events made me shed a few tears ngl. And then the ending was dosghit. I clicked on the 24th episode and I think it was a recap episode. I was so fucking pissed.

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Feb 16, 2023 6:32 AM
Feb 2023
Rinri said:
Rinrinka said:

Feb 16, 2023 6:41 AM

Sep 2021
Mugiwara_Luffyy said:
jojo's bizzare advantures part 3. completed it cause i wanted to watch part 4 ,but it was also bad ;)
For me, it was Part 5.
Imagine the most powerful man in Italy being a mentally unstable crossdresser.
Nothing good about it, Worst part in my opinion (good art direction and music though)
Feb 16, 2023 6:53 AM
Oct 2014
Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei / The Tatami Galaxy

This was the only anime that I ever dropped for a period of time, took me about a year before I would come back and give it a second attempt. I personally don't know why it is rated so highly for me it was like an entire season of the endless eight episodes from Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu / The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya which is fine for a few episodes but when almost every episode is a repeat with slightly different tweaks it gets tiresome. 

I did howevever rather enjoy its sequel Yojouhan Time Machine Blues / The Tatami Time Machine Blues, I'm a sucker for time travel and was glad to see the show have a more standard structure rather than repeating a slightly tweaked episode over and over like its first season. 

Why did I go back and finish this? I've been slowly working my way down the Most Popular and Top Anime sections of MAL, this was the only one I dropped and having one dropped anime left a bad taste in my mouth so I sucked it up and watched it. 
Feb 16, 2023 7:37 AM

Dec 2021
SAO 2 and SAO: Gun Gale
I finished watching this franchise on them

Tokyo Ghoul:re 1 and 2 (no comments)

Darwin's Game
Third-rate shounen. I can't even remember anything remarkable

The Promised Neverland S2
This is a real crime against humanity! I can't imagine how I had the strength to watch this shit to the end. It's a shame about this franchise

Well, Kizumonogatari (forgive me, fans of the Monogatari Series)
I watched it because I liked the drawing and style. I hated this anime for hinting at the Ecchi genre (although it is not listed in the genres). I hate to look at the school level humor about women's panties. Actually, Monogatari has potential, but I won't look any further after such a painful experience, i'd rather read a novel
Feb 16, 2023 4:52 PM
Jun 2020
I dont finish ans anime that i hate because i hate it
Feb 16, 2023 6:10 PM

Mar 2020
OreImo. I was halfway through and wanted to see if it could redeem itself by the end. But no, just a lot of suffering until the characters abruptly did a 180 and the show pretended everything was resolved in the last couple episodes. smh
Feb 16, 2023 6:35 PM

Feb 2018
I don't understand why people watch/read things they hate. It feels like its something exclusive to anime. You don't hear too much about people hating a TV show, but finished it anyway.

Now, enjoying a show and you hate later on because of writing decisions, that makes sense.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Criticism You Don't Understand. ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

50 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
6 minutes ago

» Has anime made you erotophobic?

LenRea - 1 hour ago

9 by LenRea »»
8 minutes ago

» "This was a Masterpiece!!!" sections or moments in shows that aren't that.

APolygons2 - 52 minutes ago

2 by billybub »»
13 minutes ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others? ( 1 2 )

WatchTillTandava - Yesterday

63 by WatchTillTandava »»
16 minutes ago

» Do you wish your culture was more represent in anime?

Spunkert - 9 hours ago

21 by DarkShame2 »»
26 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.