Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 23, 2023 12:32 PM
Jan 2023
I'm on episode 7 and getting restless, does it get more intresting? :)

I really like goku and bulma but I really not too bothered yet, I know most shows start slow.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 23, 2023 12:35 PM
Mar 2022
YES!!!!

the first arc is setting up most of the main characters and themes of the dragonball world but you grow to appreciate it more later.

The second arc starring episode 14 onwards is much more intresting and the drama and action is more intense.
Jan 23, 2023 12:39 PM
Jan 2023
definitely does, if you stop watching it's your lose tuts.
Jan 23, 2023 12:40 PM
Jan 2022
Not really. The tournaments are pretty enjoyable and a few other arcs as well but everything with the red ribbon army and all that is super boring.
First tournament arc starts at like episode 16 I think? It gets boring again right after in my opinion. Hopefully you like it more than I did though
Jan 23, 2023 12:42 PM
Jul 2018
sarahhale said:

I really like goku and bulma but I really not too bothered yet, I know most shows start slow.

Basically what Deanomac2010 said + it's really great to see Goku grow in the original to Z. Somehow he's kinda an underrated character since people always shit on him for being simple, but there is more than meets the eye.
Jan 23, 2023 12:42 PM
Aug 2022
mattytaylor20 said:

why have to be rude?
Jan 23, 2023 12:44 PM
Aug 2022
I think its really fun throughout the story but I honestly thought the arc of 90-120 was a masterpiece.

won't say the name as is a massive spoiler :)
Jan 23, 2023 12:44 PM
Dec 2019
rosemay18 said:
mattytaylor20 said:

why have to be rude?

How is that rude??
Jan 23, 2023 12:45 PM
Aug 2022
RequiemLo64 said:
rosemay18 said:

why have to be rude?

How is that rude??

cause he said its your lose.

making it sound like there preferences don't matter.
Jan 23, 2023 12:46 PM
Dec 2019
sarahhale said:

It does, you’re just in the exposition phase of the story maybe, ask this when you’re at least 50 who’s in but if you’re already restless than skip episodes you don’t like or whatever you gotta do cause it does best believe.
Jan 23, 2023 12:54 PM
Apr 2018
Oh yes. It gets better and the transition into Dragon Ball Z is smooth. I recommend watching DBZ Kai (instead of the original DBZ) as it follows the manga more closely and cuts out filler entirely once you're finished with Dragon Ball. Make sure to skip any filler in Dragon Ball as well.
RovingJan 23, 2023 3:21 PM
Jan 23, 2023 1:00 PM
Oct 2022
Yes. Continue watching!
Jan 23, 2023 1:08 PM
Dec 2019
rosemay18 said:
RequiemLo64 said:

How is that rude??

cause he said its your lose.

making it sound like there preferences don't matter.

Valid point, I see whatcha mean or he’s just saying if you don’t continue then you’re losing out on what could be a amazing adventure full fights, drama, romance, and then more fights screaming, death, more fights, more death, training, more fights even more death, wishes, fights, wars, death, training, more fights, tournaments, marriage, sequel series, fights death, training, more fights, more death, training, world building, fights, screaming, beams , classism, more fights, heavy injuries, heroism, weakness, ass beatings, rivalries more fights, working together, even more classism, more fights, healing, transformations , fights, transformation, fights, transformations, fights, brutality, even more heroism, tragic stories, fights, epic transformations, more fights, screaming, planetary devastation, time travel, more fights, warnings, training, more fights, injuries, sickness, epic transformations, oh and androids, cowardice, poor decisions, more fights, devastating defeats, inferiority, training, more androids, city level devastation, training, hiding, more fights, rematches, transformations, protagonist waking up, more fights, training, egos, poor decisions, transformations, more training, realizations, normalcy, tournaments, more fights, poor decisions, childbirth, more fights, sacrifice, iconic transformation which based on sub or dub you get some fire music for, more fights, even more ego, even more sacrifice, death, rematches, normal life, family, romance, training, tournaments, drama, more fights, rivalries, more fights, failed sacrifices, friendships, absorption, hiding, training, fusion, training, devastation, rematches, no more chocolate, deaths, rematches, time limits, heroism, absorption, brutality, hope, absorption, rivalries, fusion, more fights, transformation, absorption, comedic duos, transformation, planetary devastation, heaven, brutality, more fights, resurrection, more fights huge wins, tiemskips, more fights, training, tournaments, name calling, more fights, training, and a controversial sequel and whatever dragon ball super is supposed to be cause we don’t claim it but we do watch it,

But that’s just me I don’t think he was being rude.
INTJ_RenJan 23, 2023 1:14 PM
Jan 23, 2023 1:21 PM
Nov 2021
It definitely does get better after the first 13 episodes, but if you don’t like the arc after the pilaf arc then dragon ball probably isn’t for you
Jan 23, 2023 1:33 PM
Apr 2022
if you have to ask just stop watching cause dragonball is a classic and way better than z or super for me
Jan 23, 2023 1:39 PM

Jul 2015
Pilaf arc is just a prologue. Rest of the series is gonna be fire.

Jan 23, 2023 1:45 PM
Sep 2020
sslick said:
Not really. The tournaments are pretty enjoyable and a few other arcs as well but everything with the red ribbon army and all that is super boring.
First tournament arc starts at like episode 16 I think? It gets boring again right after in my opinion. Hopefully you like it more than I did though

Sorry to tell you but your opinion is wrong
Jan 23, 2023 2:27 PM
Oct 2021
sarahhale said:

imo it gets a lot better at the Red Ribbon Army arc
Jan 23, 2023 2:56 PM
Dec 2020
I wasn't too invested until the pilaf saga ended and we got to meet krillin and lunch while Goku trained with Roshi.
Jan 23, 2023 3:20 PM
Mar 2020
Honestly I liked it from the get go, but I had watched Dbz prior so I had knowledge of it and was pretty bias about it. Anyways, the next arc onwards should have what you’re looking for. And the 2nd half of the series is simply amazing.

Don’t forget to skip filler btw.

๐˜š๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ค๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฆ๐˜บ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด, ๐˜ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ’๐˜ต ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jan 23, 2023 4:30 PM
Nov 2020
MeVike said:
Honestly I liked it from the get go, but I had watched Dbz prior so I had knowledge of it and was pretty bias about it. Anyways, the next arc onwards should have what you’re looking for. And the 2nd half of the series is simply amazing.

Maybe I'm just out of the loop with some of this since the Dragon Ball series is the only long shonen I've bothered to watch, but I really didn't notice the filler. I guess I haven't tuned my filler radar yet, but the only stuff that seemed like filler was the ridiculous amount of time spent calling back to stuff that happened previously, which I can acknowledge is reasonable to have when you're not binging the whole thing.

What are some examples of filler that should be skipped? I felt like some of the red ribbon arc went on too long, but it just seemed like a mid arc instead of filler.
Jan 23, 2023 4:50 PM
Sep 2022
sarahhale said:

u will be surprised if u think about the story little deeply
Jan 23, 2023 5:05 PM
Jan 2023
thanks for all the kind replies everyone :)

I'm gonna keep watching atleast till red ribbon, I assume 3rd arc appreciate it ^^

Jan 23, 2023 5:21 PM
Feb 2020
sarahhale said:

I'm gonna keep watching atleast till red ribbon, I assume 3rd arc appreciate it ^^

Frankly i think it gets best during the Long Piccolo arc. Its understandable you aren't that into it so far, especially because you lean shoujo and right now its a martial Arts, gag comedy with ecchi elements. The anti-shoujo in many ways.
Jan 23, 2023 5:24 PM
Jan 2023
giffica said:
sarahhale said:

Frankly i think it gets best during the Long Piccolo arc. Its understandable you aren't that into it so far, especially because you lean shoujo and right now its a martial Arts, gag comedy with ecchi elements. The anti-shoujo in many ways.

true I do love my shojou and magical girls shows :) I think dragonball is endearing those and fullmetal brotherhood is one of my favs :)

I'll keep at it, I've finished pilaf arc and I enjoyed the last couple episodes with goku turning into a monkey hehe :)
Jan 23, 2023 5:29 PM
Feb 2020
sarahhale said:
giffica said:

true I do love my shojou and magical girls shows :) I think dragonball is endearing those and fullmetal brotherhood is one of my favs :)

I'll keep at it, I've finished pilaf arc and I enjoyed the last couple episodes with goku turning into a monkey hehe :)

Full Metal Alchemist is for girls though, not guys, and is widely considered in the same vein as Inuyasha, so it makes sense you'd like both of those. May sound sexist but both are written by women and are heavily cased in romance. Dragonball is entirely absent of romantic themes, with little to no social drama unlike everything you enjoy. I'm not trying to make you dislike it i love dragonball, but realistically might not be your style. It has a complete absence of female characters except Bulma. Have you read Slam Dunk? Thats a Shonen with a much bigger cross appeal. Or JoJo which is also very well received by female audiences and arakis written for shojo mags.
Jan 23, 2023 5:30 PM

Sep 2020
lol you're better off reading the manga. The anime is miles off it.

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Jan 23, 2023 5:34 PM
Jan 2023
giffica said:
sarahhale said:

Full Metal Alchemist is for girls though, not guys, and is widely considered in the same vein as Inuyasha, so it makes sense you'd like both of those. May sound sexist but both are written by women and are heavily cased in romance. Dragonball is entirely absent of romantic themes, with little to no social drama unlike everything you enjoy. I'm not trying to make you dislike it i love dragonball, but realistically might not be your style. It has a complete absence of female characters except Bulma. Have you read Slam Dunk? Thats a Shonen with a much bigger cross appeal. Or JoJo which is also very well received by female audiences and arakis written for shojo mags.

I can understand that point of view ^^ that certainly clears alot of reasons why I would enjoy them more :)

I still wanna give it a try, I really love goku and bulma so far ^^
Jan 23, 2023 5:38 PM
Feb 2020
sarahhale said:
giffica said:

I can understand that point of view ^^ that certainly clears alot of reasons why I would enjoy them more :)

Definitely give it a try. Like i said its one of the best and Toriyamas art style is second to none.
Jan 23, 2023 5:42 PM
Jan 2023
giffica said:
sarahhale said:

Definitely give it a try. Like i said its one of the best and Toriyamas art style is second to none.

I will, thanks for the sound advice lovely ^^
Jan 23, 2023 5:47 PM

Dec 2019
Of course it does, definitely keep watching it. Been watching this series for almost a decade now and it's still one of my all time favorites even if it isn't the best in terms of writing or the most consistent in its quality. Do yourself a favor and continue the ride, it's worth it!
Jan 23, 2023 5:56 PM

Feb 2016
sslick said:
everything with the red ribbon army and all that is super boring.
That's because it's full of filler. The manga is not boring.

xDeathCon said:
What are some examples of filler that should be skipped? I felt like some of the red ribbon arc went on too long, but it just seemed like a mid arc instead of filler.
There are few episodes one can skip. The anime simply tells the story very slowly.
ใใฎ็›ฎใ ใ‚Œใฎ็›ฎ๏ผŸ
Jan 23, 2023 6:24 PM
Jan 2021
IMO OG dragonball is way better than dbz because this is akira toriyama at his best!!! His humor and comedy is second to none!!! Every character is important and has a purpose since in dbz it’s mostly the Goku Gohan vegeta show!!! A lot of slice of life content. Plus almost no fillers!!!
Jan 23, 2023 7:34 PM
Sep 2012
sarahhale said:

it's an older long running shonen so it's a little slower to start than usual.

Also in case you havent used one before there are filler guides too which can be useful if you need to save on time

https://www.animefillerlist.com/shows/dragon-ball
Jan 23, 2023 9:58 PM
Aug 2021
it's my favorite dragon ball franchise. its better than z in my opinion. the characters are much more likable
Jan 24, 2023 4:27 AM
Mar 2020
xDeathCon said:
MeVike said:

Maybe I'm just out of the loop with some of this since the Dragon Ball series is the only long shonen I've bothered to watch, but I really didn't notice the filler. I guess I haven't tuned my filler radar yet, but the only stuff that seemed like filler was the ridiculous amount of time spent calling back to stuff that happened previously, which I can acknowledge is reasonable to have when you're not binging the whole thing.

You search on browser animefillerlist.com and then you simply search the anime you want to know about. Idk I can’t paste a link right. It’s either my phone or mal.

๐˜š๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ค๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฆ๐˜บ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด, ๐˜ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ’๐˜ต ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jan 24, 2023 5:35 AM
Dec 2021
sarahhale said:

The next arc is the PEAK of awesomeness!
Jan 24, 2023 6:47 AM
Jan 2023
Bijou146 said:
sarahhale said:

The next arc is the PEAK of awesomeness!

I'm gonna start it tommorrow :)
Jan 24, 2023 7:46 AM
Jan 2023
Depends on why you are watching Dragon Ball. If you're watching for amazing fights like Super or Z, you won't find them. The fights in Dragon Ball are more technical and technique based rather than raw power level.

If you are watching for story or character, just keep at it. The first ARC is slow but important for world and character development. Lots of Dragon Ball is wacky adventures so if that isn't for you then maybe Dragon Ball isn't the right anime for you.
Jan 24, 2023 10:24 AM
Sep 2022
sarahhale said:

DEFINETLY!!!

The first arc is the most boring due to it building themes and it's focus on comedy, not to mention that Toriyama was still finding his footing with Dragon Ball.
The first tournament arc starts somewhere before ep. 20 and this arc is absolutely amazing.
From this arc onward it gets more serious while still keeping it's lightheartedness. Not to mention that with each arc it gets better and better (The Red Ribbon Army saga is a little less enjoyable tho)
I recommend that you watch it 101%. I've been a fan for nearly a decade now and Db as a whole is my favorite anime. Hope you continue to watch and enjoy the father of all Shonen anime !!!
Jan 25, 2023 1:00 AM
Mad scientist

Aug 2020
just watch the tournament arcs. Those are the only ones that are good
Jan 25, 2023 11:32 AM
Oct 2022
sarahhale said:

konichiwa Sarahhale are you chat to me right this first time I am register in myanimelist apk in my Phone Samsung yorishiku ^_^
Jan 25, 2023 11:43 AM
Oct 2022
Deanomac2010 said:
YES!!!!

the first arc is setting up most of the main characters and themes of the dragonball world but you grow to appreciate it more later.

The second arc starring episode 14 onwards is much more intresting and the drama and action is more intense.

konichiwa I am register on myanimelist apk in my phone this first time,I am like anime japan just to child in television,yoroshiku๐Ÿ˜‰
Jan 25, 2023 11:47 AM
Oct 2022
Roving said:
Oh yes. It gets better and the transition into Dragon Ball Z is smooth. I recommend watching DBZ Kai (instead of the original DBZ) as it follows the manga more closely and cuts out filler entirely once you're finished with Dragon Ball. Make sure to skip any filler in Dragon Ball as well.

konichiwa I am register on myanimelist apk in Phone this first time, yoroshiku ๐Ÿ˜‰
Jan 25, 2023 11:48 AM
Oct 2022
Ishinashi25 said:
Lol imagine watching dragon ball in 2023. Try in your next life as a kid

konichiwa I am register on myanimelist apk in Phone this first time yoroshiku ๐Ÿ˜‰
Jan 25, 2023 7:47 PM
Feb 2022
I think it gets better and better as it goes on the first arc is the weakest
Jan 26, 2023 7:40 AM
Dec 2021
No, the first series is pretty boring except dkp saga
Jan 27, 2023 5:35 AM
Mar 2021
just watch trust me
Jan 29, 2023 1:23 AM
Jun 2021
absolutely. the first arc was so boring to readers the manga almost had to stop lol. personally i would say around the tournament is when it gets “good” but i enjoy the training and general fun antics before it.
Feb 3, 2023 7:48 AM
Aug 2022
Roving said:

I agree. dbz kai openings r fire as well.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Episode 123 Discussion

KitaTsuki - Oct 11, 2011

21 by wildhood »»
Yesterday, 1:19 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Episode 57 Discussion

KitaTsuki - Oct 2, 2011

24 by David_Mamyan »»
Apr 21, 2:29 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Episode 75 Discussion

brucescrews - Jan 15, 2012

24 by vehehgito »»
Apr 20, 8:09 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Episode 13 Discussion

Scribbly - Oct 26, 2008

41 by Kyla_The_Plant »»
Apr 17, 5:49 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Episode 41 Discussion

vizhmaster_vizhu - Apr 27, 2011

28 by JaminKT »»
Apr 17, 7:02 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.