Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 21, 2023 12:58 AM

Nov 2011
It was kinda interesting seeing Hawk's past. I have to admit that even when he was young, he seemed way more mature than most kids his age.

Endeavor also had to deal with the revelation about Dabi/Touya's identity. Definitely something he wasn't ready mentally. I feel bad for Endeavor though...he looks both physically and mentally broken this episode.
Jan 21, 2023 2:14 AM
Sep 2015
It's a test against a society of heroes, only those that can survive the lowest point can rise higher.
Since Hawk cut all ties with his family and Endeavor has to cut ties with his family as well, Hawk and Endeavor can truly be together from now on, so I think it's a win situation for me.
Jan 21, 2023 2:22 AM

May 2020
feel really bad for endeavor

Jan 21, 2023 2:38 AM

Aug 2014
I think this is the first time I saw best jeanist face XD
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
What I Watch This Season
Best Character & WAIFU This Season
Best OP/ED Song This Season
Jan 21, 2023 2:42 AM

Jun 2014
Hawks had a rough backstory, growing up in poverty with an abusive dad and a mom that just seemed completely detached from reality. As has been the theme of the last few episodes since the war ended, we continue to see more of society's distrust toward heroes, with civilians taking up arms to fend off criminals themselves instead of relying on heroes. It certainly doesn't help that there's longtime heroes retiring and others who are just straight up quitting because of the pressure. Nice little Stain cameo btw. 

More Todoroki family drama and backstory next episode. Lowkey a little worried about how the pacing is right now, we're technically still finishing up the last several chapters of the Paranormal Liberation War arc and the next arc is 22 chapters, so I'm concerned they might give it that MVA treatment.
thebrentinator24Jan 21, 2023 2:45 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jan 21, 2023 3:11 AM

May 2020
Yeah Endeavor's resolve to set things with his family straight.. for thousandth time.
Jan 21, 2023 3:19 AM
Jun 2020
wow, endeavour really is the most well fleshed out character in the series
Jan 21, 2023 3:19 AM
Nov 2022
no one asked but i am only watching this season because i want to see how the story is going to end. MHA is the most mid anime i have ever seen and this season proves it. i was so hyped as the previous 2 seasons were trash and fans were hyping this season like crazy but it has continued to disappoint me. the fights were amazing but overall, it's bad.
Jan 21, 2023 3:20 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Damn, heroes are falling like flies.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Jan 21, 2023 3:36 AM

Oct 2009
"The Hellish Todoroki Family, Part 2", and then ~80% of the episode? if not more? is basically Hawks's origin story, spiked with Best Jeanist and the aftermath of the prison breaks in general. Which are fine to tell and dwell on in themselves, ofc, but uh.... Yeah.
Jan 21, 2023 3:37 AM

Jul 2015
Endeavour's redemption arc might be the best I've seen in all anime.
He genuinely regrets his past actions, fully pays the price for it and it still haunts him.

Jan 21, 2023 3:40 AM

Jul 2017
It's back to the family upbringing sessions, featuring Todoroki's family...plus Hawks.

For Hawks, TV and reality seem like two sides of the same fiction, but for his parents, they were the same broken humans regardless of their circumstances: abusive and detached from reality. The boy who was once named Takami Keigo, started his journey down heroism, and look what the same heroism has done to him. It was just sheer luck that Best Jeanist was capsulated just like Shigaraki, but used atht eright time. To the public, they need some form of foundation, and with the heroes running on their tails, it's no doubt that distrust is growing by the day. The fact that Dabi got Hawks's real name after threatening his mother, whom she was forced to take care of him, the ugly side of either hero or villain shows through. But if there's one thing that Hawks needs to resolve: it's Endeavor's family.

By the day, more villains enrapturing through the city had taken control so much, that the word "hero" didn't matter so much anymore. All the blame to be pinned on the No. 2 hero for all of the karma brought from the family's upbringing, the past has come back to haunt Endeavor.

The worst of the worst will never see the light...or will there ever be?
Jan 21, 2023 3:43 AM

Mar 2020
Endeavor-san crying 🤧😭

Damn what a depressing episode. 😔
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Jan 21, 2023 4:00 AM
Dec 2020
Another top-tier episode. They are really working their butts off in the second cour. 
Jan 21, 2023 4:05 AM

Jan 2009
hawks and endeavor episode next episode is backstory of toya

its ironic that hawks wants to be a savior but he abandon his mom
Jan 21, 2023 4:32 AM

Aug 2017
Very little action and I didn't feel anything for Endeavor. Not a "bad" episode per se, and I think it advances the plot (tho I think the whole thing with Wash was filler) but not a strong episode IMO.
Jan 21, 2023 4:34 AM

Apr 2016
I liked the ep, it was so funny to see Shoto's reaction to his dad crying! Loved the animation and I think we heard a new ost.

Hawks has always been underrated in my eyes, I like his character a lot. Rei's comeback was well done, it was great seeing her all decisive and serious.

Next episode's going to be sad, little Toya's story is depressing

Jan 21, 2023 4:35 AM

Nov 2016
Lol @ Todoroki closing the door

Endeavours redemption is kinda like the antithesis to a character who's forgiven from one episode to another and instantly liked by everyone. Hori couldn't have given him a better name except for maybe Kurushimi or Suffering-san.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 21, 2023 4:47 AM

Jul 2013
Endeavor's VA did an awesome job. Can't believe the Todoroki family part is going to be this long though. Can't wait for Batman Deku!
Jan 21, 2023 4:50 AM

Jun 2020
Been waiting for Hawks flashback so finally.
Another episode in this season that hurts me emotionally. Though its just another time of Endeavor trying to fix everything.
Jan 21, 2023 5:00 AM

Feb 2014
As expected, this episode really showcases how much society has turned against the heroes now, with many of those agencies all gone and many heroes themselves either retiring, with a volley of abuse aimed at them, or struggling to continue their role as best as they can, with another volley of abuse aimed at them. It's a lose-lose situation for the heroes right now. =(

Hawks had one hell of a depressing backstory, with his father being an abusive criminal who had help from his mother before Hawks came into their lives. Even after all that has happened to him, I can't blame him for not showing any emotional attachment to his parents at all.

As for Endeavour, seeing him cry for the first time did send goosebumps down my back. The full weight of regret has hit him hard and he really shows it with his emotions. Aside from Shoto's funny moment of closing the door when he saw his father crying, the whole family, including Endeavour's own wife, Lei, has arrived and are ready to have a difficult talk about Toya.

Hopefully when this talk is over, maybe there'll be a sliver of hope for Endeavour to fully redeem himself (Or as close to it as possible) in the eyes of his family. The next episode or two will be very interesting to see how this talk was go about.
Jan 21, 2023 5:09 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Keigo, the real name!!! Hawks and his hard memories!!!

kekeke
Jan 21, 2023 5:09 AM

Jan 2018
How many times did Deku get injured like this again? It kinda lost its weight.

Looks like Hawks had a shitty life living in a shithole with a shitty dad. Damn.
Jan 21, 2023 5:18 AM
Jan 2023
Endeavor looked so mentally broken. “My past came to haunt me.” I can definitely see that he’s trying to improve and be a better father, it’s not easy to found that ur child u thought was dead isn’t. But he was so obsessed w making shoto the “future best hero.” That he hurt his kids and his wife so he has to deal w the consequences now which is natsuo not liking him and shoto have a hate/love relationship w him. He has understood his mistakes and is now gonna learn from it. U can’t change the past but u can decide what’s gonna happen next.
Jan 21, 2023 6:33 AM

Nov 2020
thebrentinator24 said:
Hawks had a rough backstory, growing up in poverty with an abusive dad and a mom that just seemed completely detached from reality. As has been the theme of the last few episodes since the war ended, we continue to see more of society's distrust toward heroes, with civilians taking up arms to fend off criminals themselves instead of relying on heroes. It certainly doesn't help that there's longtime heroes retiring and others who are just straight up quitting because of the pressure. Nice little Stain cameo btw. 

More Todoroki family drama and backstory next episode. Lowkey a little worried about how the pacing is right now, we're technically still finishing up the last several chapters of the Paranormal Liberation War arc and the next arc is 22 chapters, so I'm concerned they might give it that MVA treatment.
Agreed on the pacing, it's funny with how fast things were moving in the beginning everyone thought we'd reach Star and Stripes by the end, but now there's concern over whether or not Vigilante Deku will be rushed. I think the slow pacing/recap/added MVA content in episodes 12-14 sort of threw everything off. Let's just hope for the best because even on its own, the next arc still felt too fast, so I can't imagine it being even more rushed. With how much it's advertised in the OP, I was hoping it'd be drawn out more. Only time will tell.
Are ya winning, diners?
Jan 21, 2023 6:46 AM

May 2015
Eyyy new milf spotted!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jan 21, 2023 7:05 AM
Jun 2021
The Hawks backstory was sad and seeing all the things happening in the city and people stop believing in the heroes. I have always liked the episodes about Endeavor and his family because maybe I kinda relate with it, all the the things Endeavor did he cannot be redeemed of that but the family's in the hospital room, next episode we gonna see more of them.
Jan 21, 2023 7:22 AM
Aug 2022
I think the Todoroki family situation can't be fixed.
The only way their family drama is to be resolved is if Dabi forgives Endeavor and his family, and that will most likely never happen. All that has happened to Dabi to be forgotten—that is, in my eyes, impossible. Dabi hates his family with passion, and rightfully so. Whatever Endeavor and the others do won't be enough. In the end everyone will suffer.
Jan 21, 2023 7:30 AM

Jul 2019
ScottMerica said:
thebrentinator24 said:

Agreed on the pacing, it's funny with how fast things were moving in the beginning everyone thought we'd reach Star and Stripes by the end, but now there's concern over whether or not Vigilante Deku will be rushed. I think the slow pacing/recap/added MVA content in episodes 12-14 sort of threw everything off. Let's just hope for the best because even on its own, the next arc still felt too fast, so I can't imagine it being even more rushed. With how much it's advertised in the OP, I was hoping it'd be drawn out more. Only time will tell.
I think the season will end around chapter 324 and after that they will announce a Star and Stripe movie or Ova (roughly 9 chapters), because i don't think there is enough material for season 7 right now. There is no way Deku's arc gets rushed this much.
Jan 21, 2023 7:32 AM
Oct 2016
Hawks reflecting on his origin with his ties to Endeavor now that the number one hero is faltering. Its a grim tale hearing Hawks talk about his childhood. He didn't have the best home life, considering his father was a career criminal that neglected and abused him. Along with his mother's unstable mental condition it didn't lend itself to a good home environment. Still even with those hardships we see Hawks is discovered by the safety commission after he uses his wings to help people in that car crash that he saw while walking home. His father getting captured by Endeavor solidifying Hawks love for heroes warmed my heart. There isn't much in his backstory to smile about but that's one. The little Endeavor toy lighting up and inspiring Hawks to help people and be strong. Tying his origin to the good that Endeavor and heroes can provide.

With society losing trust in heroes those inspirations need to be held onto. Wash saw firsthand how citizens are starting to not rely on heroes and instead on themselves. Best Jeanist as well saw how some still hold hope and others are brooding disillusioned. Endeavor knows his change in ways is coming too late and now with Dabi revealing his true self to with world it's helped to compound the deterioration of hero society. The whole Todoroki family gathering to have a much needed talk about Toya and their family.
Jan 21, 2023 7:39 AM

Jan 2021
We finally learned more about Hawk's past. Why he loves heroes and especially has a soft spot for endeavor. Best Jeanist is slowly becoming my favorite hero. He's the right balance between goofy and serious. He's like the Adam West batman, very campy but a well meaning super crime fighter.

It also looks like Endeavor's past has caught up with him. As amazing as it was seeing him cry, I don't feel bad for him. He's right though, the public will never see him in the same light again, no matter how many people he saves.
Jan 21, 2023 7:44 AM
Nov 2020
AkshatRajput said:
Episode was really good but we need vigilante deku now.

That will take some time I think so. Still that conversation is left
Jan 21, 2023 8:42 AM

Apr 2014
This episode was freaking sad. The Hawks backstory and what is happening to society.
Jan 21, 2023 8:43 AM

Jul 2022
aaaaaand the pacing is grinding to a fucking halt. This episode is called The Hellish Todoroki Family but they only focus on them for the last like 8 minutes. I originally thought this season would get to the beginning of the Star and Stripe Arc but now I don't even think we'll make it to the end of the Villain Hunt Arc.

I'm very much over this series and this show and I'm really only watching week to week because I want to see the cool stuff that goes down in the current arc. Everything after that might as well be filler.

Also, I can't remember what, if anything, is the purpose of Hawk's backstory in this episode? I recall reading it but what even happens? Hawk's wants to talk to Endeavor and they have to kill Dabi because duh but I really don't remember the resolution to that, if there was one at all.

Jan 21, 2023 9:02 AM

Mar 2010
Haha peace really does make everyone soft about how shit this world is. to only have it taken away, they find anyone to blame.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jan 21, 2023 9:07 AM
Mar 2021
I Feel Bad For Endeavor
One Piece Gintama Jojos Bizzare Adventure Are My Favorite Anime
Jan 21, 2023 9:22 AM

Jan 2013
There must be substantially more villains than heroes or maybe the heroes not majorly injured are at a onsen/beach. It's hilarious how they try to be serious when this is far from it.
Jan 21, 2023 10:45 AM

Sep 2017
Man the Todoroki family story is so much better than whatever else they do in this show. Like green boy is in a coma good for Bakugo I guess. cause obviously he will wake up but Bakugo will prob get some more growth out of it.
Jan 21, 2023 11:31 AM

Aug 2021
bones with the PowerPoint treatment this episode... ending was good though
Jan 21, 2023 12:14 PM

Apr 2018
Your usual sad backstory, same goes for Hawks. Endeavor's VA did a splendid job alongside the incredible OST.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jan 21, 2023 12:36 PM

Jul 2019
That was the most asinine exposition about Best Jeanest I've ever heard. Not only was it the worst type of exposition, one character explaining in detail something to someone who already know everything, meaning it's purely for the sake of the audience, but the explanation itself made absolutely no sense. They did surgery on him to make him appear dead (and be able to contort his body to fit in a duffle bag LMAO) and then stuck him in a vat? And they trusted the villains to not just toss his body in a ditch? Or that Dabi wouldn't just incinerate his corpse right there? Bullshit. I would have preferred this left completely unexplained; a mystery that never gets revealed. Cut that scene entirely and give the screen time to something else. 
Jan 21, 2023 1:51 PM
Nov 2016
Jackson1333 said:
That was the most asinine exposition about Best Jeanest I've ever heard. Not only was it the worst type of exposition, one character explaining in detail something to someone who already know everything, meaning it's purely for the sake of the audience, but the explanation itself made absolutely no sense. They did surgery on him to make him appear dead (and be able to contort his body to fit in a duffle bag LMAO) and then stuck him in a vat? And they trusted the villains to not just toss his body in a ditch? Or that Dabi wouldn't just incinerate his corpse right there? Bullshit. I would have preferred this left completely unexplained; a mystery that never gets revealed. Cut that scene entirely and give the screen time to something else. 

Yeah that part was really dumb and I hate it, a better explanation would suffice, or just don't explain anything at all but for fuck's sake, don't provide a bullshit explanation like that. And trusting the villains to not cut the body to pieces or incinerate it makes it even dumber, shit like this degrades the script a lot, Best Jeanist basically got a dumb plot armor because of it and I hate dumb plot armor like this.
Jan 21, 2023 2:30 PM

Dec 2018
dramatic episode, the show is getting more grounded. dude is literally just a washing machine xD
wonder what hawk's going to do now. and we are still waiting for deku.
season's a bit slow but the drama and stakes are high so it's been a lot less goofy.
Jan 21, 2023 2:38 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
What an outstanding episode, it really showed the reality of an after-catalyst society, of course, to only did the heroes suffered psychologically but it also rippled over onto the people.
Jan 21, 2023 2:45 PM
Jul 2017
thebrentinator24 said:

Or they might leave it at a cliffhanger ever thought of that 🤨
Jan 21, 2023 3:23 PM

Nov 2009
Hawk's family breaking apart is a analogy to Endeavor's family breaking up.

Hawk's father was a criminal and his mom just wanted to live a good life even if she has to resort to crimes even if it means betraying her own son.

While Endeavor was a hero, but his wife and children also just wanted to live a good life... but Endeavor's actions broke that up with his son, Toya.

___ ___ ___

And now it looks like the entire family besides Toya has come to Endeavor and try to make things right as a family.

Also, did not expect Jeanist was actually really Ded-Ded... here I thought the one Hawks before was a puppet, but nope, it was the real deal.

And they just revive Jeanist by way of Nomu Tech... Ironically using the evil's tech in order to deceive evil. ? ? ? Wrong + Wrong = Right ? ? ? LOL

___ ___ ___

And we didn't get to see the continuation of Explosive-Murder-God heading to blast Deku awake, lol. Probably not, cause that would most likely actually end Midoriya...

And yea, the heroes already lost.

Not only are people's distrust on heroes decreasing and taking up their own weapons

Heroes are retiring as a side effect when majority of heroes are already injured and out of duty.

Basically more crimes happening while heroes are decreasing... double negative... this is similar to that Batman game where the police were tricked into leaving the city with majority of population while the evil just kills off the rest of police and takes over the city.

Looks like that's what's going to happen in here as there's less and less heroes while more and more destruction happens, at a point the people would probably end up siding with the evil with the premises of "leaving them alone by helping us kill heroes" (aka early Nanatsu no Taiza plot where civilians end up helping evil to kill the people that's trying to protect the civilians)

Tho a lot of people are still looking at Endeavor and wondering when he'll return to duty as the only Hero that people still do believe in. As people already lost trust with All Might (looks at his statue vandalized, even tho it's just a cardboard that says "I am not Here" as to All Might's slogan of "For I am Here")
amlgJan 21, 2023 3:27 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jan 21, 2023 3:49 PM
Dec 2022
Hawks sure had a rough childhood. His mother looked more broken than his father, and how he lost his wings and talks via phone connected speaker shocked me a little. The trust between heroes saddened me, but right now I'm more interested in the story of the Todoroki family!
Jan 21, 2023 3:56 PM
Feb 2022
why did they turn a dramatic scene into comedy
Jan 21, 2023 3:59 PM
Feb 2022
why did they turn a dramatic scene into comedy
Jan 21, 2023 4:13 PM
Oct 2014
I genuinely said to myself after this episode " i can't believe all this development " idc what anyone says this season is the best so far there is so much character development from Deku , Bakugo , Endevor and many more , even freaking Kaminari finally admitting he loves Jiro not out right but it was 100% obvious , this has to he one of the best animes out there I seriously didnt think this anime which was never this serious could take a complete 360 in this season , it was never super impactful to me maybe the last one was either the Eri arc and that was meh but everyone is having alot of development and I'm so here for it! Even Endevors wife came to visit major character development on her part but I wonder what's gonna happen next episode with Toyas back story ALSO FXXK THE LAST 3 EPISODES MAKING ME CRY IN THE LAST FEW MINUETS god dammit from Midnight's death and mina gripping her hand , then Bakugos broken voice saying that if Deku dies hes gonna kill him 😅 and now seeing Endevor mental and physically broken
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 6th Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Usopp8000 - Mar 4, 2023

140 by oozePOP »»
Apr 22, 11:53 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 6th Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2023

261 by Randompersonwho »»
Apr 22, 8:26 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 6th Season Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 11, 2023

158 by oozePOP »»
Apr 21, 1:48 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 6th Season Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2023

181 by oozePOP »»
Apr 19, 1:45 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 6th Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2022

337 by bubba460z »»
Apr 19, 2:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.