Forum Settings
Forums

MAL Secret Santa 2022: The Great Reveal!

New
Pages (10) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 »
Jan 10, 2023 2:32 PM
May 2021
Hi @SirTristram 

Thank you for the two recommendations. I haven't gotten around to watching them yet but I can say I am very excited to watch the marathon one. I had never considered watching one on running but will definitely give it a try! 

Also thank you elves! 
Jan 10, 2023 2:56 PM
Aug 2019
Thank you all for your effort. It was a fun event!
A special thanks to Pljeskavica and all adms behind Elf-tama, I loved the recommendations. 
Jan 10, 2023 3:02 PM

Dec 2019
Hi, @JimBelushi

Thank you for the wonderful recommendation. I'll give it a try once my physical copy arrive at my doorstep.😄

Also, thanks to everyone who participated.🥳

~ SangIV
My Candies:

My Bonus Candies:
Jan 10, 2023 3:13 PM

Jul 2020
Thank you for the gifts @A-LEECE! I haven't had the chance to watch the recommendations yet, I'm looking forward to watching all of them (especially Trigun, hoping to watch it soon)!

Also, big thank you to the elves for putting another secret santa together. Can't wait to be back next year.
Jan 10, 2023 3:36 PM
Nov 2018
Thank you @TeMbo for the recommendations! I've started Kabaneri and am enjoying it.

Thanks to the elves for all the effort and hard work.
Jan 10, 2023 4:03 PM

Jul 2014
Thanks for the gift @DimitrovN, both of animes you gave me were animes that I always had an interest in watching. For now, I've started Yuru Camp, because it is available on Crunchyroll, and I'm really loving it. Def the kind o SOL I like :p
Jan 10, 2023 4:21 PM

Jan 2022
It was my first time participating in MAL Secret Santa and i was so happy, making the gifts and receiving them!

My biggest thank you to all who joined, the elves who made a such and nice work, you guys are awesome :)
hancoreJan 10, 2023 10:53 PM
Jan 10, 2023 4:34 PM
Nov 2022
This was my first event as part of the community, and I had so much fun participating. Thank you to everyone who was involved, especially our hard-working elves.

@D1vina

The first episode of Akudama Drive took me by surprise - such an impressive cyberpunk atmosphere? The fight scenes have been amazing so far, and I am excited to see how this anime progresses.

Vanitas no Karte will be my next watch, and I will let you know what I think of it then.

Thank you so, so much for your recommendations, and such a kind Secret Santa message<3.
Jan 10, 2023 4:54 PM
Jan 2021
Thank you guys for hosting this event! This was my first one ive participated in and i really enjoyed it! Also thank you @fluffycow17 for the recommendations! Ill definitely check them out!!
Jan 10, 2023 5:20 PM

Sep 2017
3miL said:
@Zakofae

Thanks so much for the gift! The background definitely fits and I had a good time using it. Good call on the characters you chose as I really like it :)
I'm glad you like it! :)
I was a little indecisive about whether or not I liked the hands, so I decided to make an alternate version that makes the sleeves look like shoulders. Feel free to use whichever one you prefer: Signature-v2

Jan 10, 2023 5:28 PM

Sep 2017
Also thanks to:

• @Conde_Mohr for the fantastic forum set! That is my favorite Love Live UR Card, so a really nice choice!

• The organizers and elves for making this event possible! :)

Jan 10, 2023 5:41 PM

Sep 2020
Really fun event especially for the first time participating in one. Thanks to all the elves for the effort they put in!
Jan 10, 2023 6:33 PM

Jan 2021
This event went well, thank you for running it!
Jan 10, 2023 6:36 PM

Jan 2019
Thanks for the event!

Jan 10, 2023 6:47 PM
evil egg

Nov 2009
my santa seems to have changed their name so i can't contact them which is a bit sad but they gave me some great looking recs!
Jan 10, 2023 6:56 PM

Jul 2012
HalfwayDeadz said:
Thanks for the recommendation Red! I've had this show in the back of my mind for what seems like forever but never got around to watching it. You gave me a reason to finally start it and I've really enjoyed what I've seen so far, with episodes 2 & 6 really standing out as favorites! It definitely gives me Mushishi vibes and I couldn't be happier about that!

Also, thanks to all the elves for all your hard work. This is my first year doing this and it was a lot of fun. Can't wait until next year!

Glad you liked it! There's a couple seasons too and it'll keep getting better. Happy to hear that you're enjoying it so far :)
Jan 10, 2023 7:29 PM

Feb 2014
Wow, 7 years doing Secret Santa already and I will still never get tired of it!
Thanks again to all the elves for taking on such an overwhelming amount of Santa requests this year (an enormous amount compared to previous years!) and doing the matchmaking and a very large amount of backup gifts for all of those!

It seemed like this year was quite a difficult year, but you did a great job with dealing with the high amount of pressure! I wish I was able to dedicate more time to help with some backup gifts, but it was quite a busy holiday season for me.

Thank you FireFractal for the recommendations that you sent me! Most years, I get highly received and prestigious anime that I haven't gotten around to, so it was a nice change of pace to get recommendations that aren't as highly praised from the community, but more suited to the type of shows that I like to watch! I look forward to checking them all out!

Special thanks as well to @ferrepls who helped ease my mind while I was writing my recommendation! (And you ended up being right after all, he was happy to accept the recommendations) As well for pointing out the very stupid mistake that I made when I submitted it and helping to correct it!

I hope that everyone enjoyed the event and I'll be back next year!

Forum Set Created by uwuglo during the MAL Secret Santa 2020 event.
Jan 10, 2023 10:07 PM

Jul 2012
@White_Wuf thanks for the recommendations. Somali and the Forest Spirit was definitely a gem. It was relaxing to watch and the music was real good too. I was hoping there'd be more seasons. Though, I see now that the series has been discontinued. That's a bummer. I haven't gotten to World Trigger yet, but I plan on it!

It was a fun event. Thanks to all the elves for your hard work!
Jan 10, 2023 10:21 PM

Jul 2016
Thank you, I appreciate the Anime Recommendations @Legends_of_anime, I feel like I'll enjoy every of your recommendations, I'll be sure to finish every one of it.
☆ヾ(*´・∀・)ノヾ(・∀・`*)ノ☆

Thanks for your hard work @rubiadesiempre on these Forum Profile and banner, I'm currently using. I love the design.
ヽ(≧◡≦)八(o^ ^o)ノ

Lastly, thanks to all the santa staffs, my @Elf-rin and @Elf-tama. Good job on every one's work. See you next christmas/holidays everyone.
(*^ω^)八(⌒▽⌒)八(-‿‿- )ヽ
Jan 10, 2023 11:02 PM

Mar 2021
This was such a fun event! Thanks to all the elves and the secret santa!!

@sweetlvr4u Thanks for the recommendations.. I started one of them and its really going good!!
Jan 11, 2023 2:29 AM

Mar 2020
How can I find out who send my gift?
I want to thank them. 
Jan 11, 2023 4:49 AM

Jul 2014
minmi_pen said:
How can I find out who send my gift?
I want to thank them. 
Is on the first page of the post, on the replys spoilers!

The person that send you the gift was: https://myanimelist.net/profile/Morphclue
Jan 11, 2023 5:23 AM
Jan 2021
being my first secret friend I enjoyed the event a lot, I will participate in the next ones in kk
Jan 11, 2023 5:24 AM
Jan 2021
I wanted to know who recommended me so I could thank you, I couldn't find the person
Jan 11, 2023 9:52 AM
Dec 2019
truth999 said:
@SethDayo thanks for the recs i watched all but the dance one and the movie was great and i dropped majority patriot before but glad you got me to pick it back up its great
Happy to hear it!
Jan 11, 2023 10:39 AM

Jan 2012
My first time doing this Secret Santa and I'm super happy with the gifts I received. Thank you so much everyone! 

Jan 11, 2023 11:03 AM
(=^・ェ・^=)

Nov 2013
tenmeis said:
my santa seems to have changed their name so i can't contact them which is a bit sad but they gave me some great looking recs!

Your santa's new username is _hentai_no_kami_!

Jan 11, 2023 12:37 PM
Nov 2016
I've been looking forward to this event all year, so participating again was a delight. I even got a friend to do it with me! The delay was nerve-wracking, but the results were worth it. I apologize to @Kineta for the frantic PM when matching the gift recipients took longer than expected. (I thought that could also be the case but was still worried I did something wrong.) 😅 And, of course, a big "thank you" to all the elves for their hard work. It sounds like you got swamped, and everything still turned out beautifully! I can't wait for next year. 😊
Rheanne_HarknessMar 4, 2023 8:08 PM
Jan 11, 2023 1:11 PM

Mar 2022
Thank you to my two Santas @coffeedrops and @Ebobedo! I somehow got 2 Santas and I apologize for their tough time finding me an anime with <100k members. I usually research through anime pages rather than watching it because I'm very much of a procrastinator TwT. I usually search for many anime (mainly 100k+) from friend reccs and social media and only PTW those which I like that's why I wanted one with less popularity. 

From my first gift I am really loving Master Keaton! I haven't yet finished watching it but it is really good. Thanks for recommending Keaton I REALLY LOVED IT! I haven't yet watched Sola and St. Luminous Jogakuin but synopsis of Sola is great and I hope I will watch it in future.

From my second gift, Pet! is AWESOME! Only watched the first episode till now and its amazing! Still haven't watched Kubikiri Cycle and Bishounen Tanteidan but really loved the artstyle of Bishounen Tanteidan from the trailer! 

I really loved both of the gifts and thanks for recommending me so many gems! Thanks again for your hard work and effort and a HAPPY NEW YEAR! o((>ω< ))o

Also sorry for being 2 days late to the thread :P
tweetootJan 14, 2023 10:06 AM
Jan 11, 2023 1:14 PM
Pecadorrr

Oct 2014
Zakofae said:
Also thanks to:

• @Conde_Mohr for the fantastic forum set! That is my favorite Love Live UR Card, so a really nice choice!

• The organizers and elves for making this event possible! :)

I skimmed through Love Live cards and saw the demon girl, which looked a good fit for you, I'm glad you already liked the original card. Making the edit was harder than I initially thought, and I didn't want to test how blurring the original image would look because I didn't want to ruin the detail on that image. I also considered adding your Halloween candy, but I didn't find a good way to integrate it (sorry >_<).

Oh, and something I did not tell you on the original message because it would give away my identity: I was surprised that you asked for an Eris set and not Roxy (which is on your character favourites instead of your extended list), especially considering that the person above you had an Eris forum set; since I was the one who made that set on Secret Santa last year hahaha.

Jan 11, 2023 4:14 PM
Dec 2020
Hello, how are you? I would like to thank @AriesAmelia , for the anime recommendation, despite having already watched Erased, Ghost Hunt was a great recommendation, the beginning is very slow, but it progresses very steadily and the cases are very fun. Also thanks @Stardew for the extra recommendation Summertime Render he's great, the story gripped from start to finish, and the plot twist was excellent. I thank everyone who organized the event it was super fun, I hope to participate in the next ones. :3
Jan 11, 2023 5:53 PM
Jun 2021
Thanks for the event! It was my first time participating and it was very fun, good job to all the elfs who worked hard to make it possible :)

Also thanks to @krikio for the rec! It really fit my taste in a particular way, I LOVE when adventure is focused on history and has a melancholy feel, because of that Shoujo shuumatsu also remind me of one of my favorite game that is Hollow Knight also about exploration of an ancient society that fell into ruins, its just my type of thing, I really enjoyed (and cried a little), thank you.
Jan 11, 2023 7:33 PM

Jul 2021
@M1dn1gh4 Thank you for the recommendation best wishes to you. @CharJungleJr thank you so much for the thoughtful recommendations ill be sure to give some of the manga you recommended a try, hope you have a great 2023.

Really fun event, hope next time more people turn up their gifts so everything can go smoother and the elves don't overwork themselves.
Jan 11, 2023 7:37 PM

Jul 2021
I want to thank everyone that made this event possible.
OniNoriJan 11, 2023 8:25 PM
Jan 12, 2023 2:33 AM

Aug 2020
I loved the event soo much!

The gifts I received are amazing and I'm truly grateful to my secret Santas :)
It was the second time I joined the event but the first time I joined the image part!

Hopefully next year there will be less naughty santas haha.
Jan 12, 2023 3:49 AM

Dec 2020
@ENDgie no Problem! ^^

@Zbangsen thanks for the recommendation :) i didn't have time to watch it yet but i'm really excited to do it.

Also big thanks to all the elves and the organizers who helped with the gifts for us and made this event possible!

This was my first event here, it was really fun, thanks  (o゜ ◡ ゜)o☆ 

Jan 12, 2023 8:26 AM
Anime Moderator
᠎ Master Öqvily᠎

Aug 2014
@noon- Thank you for the great manga recommendation! It was awesome, finished it in a day haha.

Forum set made by my
secret santa, Nate!
Jan 12, 2023 8:37 AM

Oct 2020
Gracias por todo muchachos de igual forma me gustaron sus recomendaciones y se pudo otro año lograr el secret santa.
Jan 12, 2023 10:42 AM
Mar 2021
It was my first time joining a secret santa event on MAL and the only words I can think of is.. NO REGRETS!! haha

All the gifts look promising and has been added to my respective PTW/R sections, hopeful to have some free time to watch/read them =D
Many thanks to @Merulox, @PundaChan, Elf-hime @Dancho and Elf-tan!!

Lastly, a very big thank you to all the elves for hosting this event. I had a fun and enjoyable time sorting and picking out which anime/manga I will be recommending. Kudos to you elves again for taking the time to find the perfect gift for us. I will be looking forward to this year's secret santa event ;)
FuwamojaJan 12, 2023 10:52 AM
Jan 12, 2023 11:22 AM

Feb 2022
Hey! @Ivanel03 sorry for the late reply right now I'm very busy with the exams, assignments & labs, people say college life is full of enjoyment I don't know who are these people, man it is very hectic. Anyways thank you for the recommendation I was thinking of watching Tokyo Revengers but now I got the reason to watch it,now days I'm very busy but when I will get the time I'm gonna binge watch it. Thanks a lot❤

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left."
||Profile||----------------||Anime||----------------||Manga||
Jan 12, 2023 2:43 PM
Mar 2022
Thank you for reccomendation, for sure I will try this
Jan 12, 2023 3:15 PM

Mar 2018
Happy New Year to everyone!!! So happy with the gifts I received this year! I love waiting for this event every year. Massive shout out to all the elves for making this happen.

Huge Thank you @KonaKonda for the perfect anime recs

Massive thanks to @Mocchizou (Elf @SaintZeph) you smashed it with the gift, I made that my profile set straight away

And a gracious thank you to @Foxyclaws as I now have some perfect suggestion to kick start my manga addiction I mean hobby!

Jan 12, 2023 3:46 PM
Sep 2021
Hi @Felis-Catus ! Thank you very much for the recommendations! I still haven't had time to watch any of the anime you recommended, but I've done some research on them and they sure seem to be what I was looking for! About "Monster" and "Black Lagoon", I already knew both and I already had them on my watchlist, but I don't usually put the anime I want to watch on MAL, that's why they are not on my MAL list. After the description you made of these series, I'm even more excited to watch them! As for "Jormurgand" and "Gangsta.", they're new to me, and seem to match what I want to watch right now. Thank you for letting me know about these two animes, I'm looking forward to watching them. As soon as I have time I'll watch all the ones you recommended. Again, thanks a lot!
pedromcvazJan 13, 2023 7:41 AM
Jan 12, 2023 4:34 PM

Oct 2020
BakuKemono said:
Happy New Year to everyone!!! So happy with the gifts I received this year! I love waiting for this event every year. Massive shout out to all the elves for making this happen.

Huge Thank you @KonaKonda for the perfect anime recs

Massive thanks to @Mocchizou (Elf @SaintZeph) you smashed it with the gift, I made that my profile set straight away

And a gracious thank you to @Foxyclaws as I now have some perfect suggestion to kick start my manga addiction I mean hobby!

im so glad you liked it ♡
i hope shalltear was okay :)
also i noticed the gifts sent were compressed/pixelated so here they are at their original, full resolutions

[img]https://i.ibb.co/CKMvjFg/bakukemonodp-copy.png[/img]
[img]https://i.ibb.co/8rvtHY3/bakukemonosanta.png[/img]

for the layout, you can just copy and paste the second code above
hope you had a great holiday xx

SaintZephJan 12, 2023 4:43 PM

✧ THE NIGHT SHONE UPON TWO, ME & YOU ✧ FORUM SET BY:SAINTZEPH

Jan 12, 2023 5:39 PM

Jan 2016
Thanks to all the elves for their hard work!

@Sigima thanks for the anime recs! I've been having a lot of trouble getting through anime lately so I'm happy to say I finished Ore, Tsushima! Thank you for giving me a short! While I didn't enjoy it quite as much as you did, it was a perfect choice for me as I was terribly sick when I watched it. I did give ReLife a try but unfortunately I don't think it's for me. There's no big reason, it's just a really personal little pet peeve of mine. I'm not up to committing to anything very long right now, especially something that takes time to improve, so I'm going to hold off on Battle Through the Heavens for awhile. I have enjoyed several Chinese shows in the past so no worries there! I'll get to it! Someday! Anyways, thanks for the recs! I had fun!

@pastelpeachii thanks for the manga recs! I'm really enjoying I want to eat your pancreas so far! I may have gotten it confused with another rather famous show which is why I haven't watched or read it before. I'm excited to see it to the end! I'll definitely be checking out your second rec at some point as well! thanks again for the recs!
Jan 12, 2023 6:39 PM
Nov 2019
Hi @syntack,
I just wanted to say thanks for the anime recommendation! Sentouin Hakenshimasu is looking really interesting so far. I've only watched a couple of episodes so far, but I'm really liking Number 6 as the main character. I was a little disappointed after watching Hataage! Kemono Michi where the mc is much more understated than the big personality of Kazuma or Number 6. I look forward to watching the rest, thanks again and Merry Christmas/Happy New Year!
Jan 12, 2023 7:26 PM
Jun 2021
hope you like it ;D
take ur time
Jan 12, 2023 8:40 PM

Dec 2017
Thanks you elfs for the hard work every year, I really enjoy this events.

And thank you @RealCheeze for the gift, I'm sure I'll enjoy your recommendation :D
Jan 13, 2023 2:05 AM

Jun 2009
Araberu said:
ohoho this event was really fun! thanks to all of the elves for their hard work! i hope everyone liked their gifts! <3

and to my secret santa... @_ayase ... THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE STUNNING SHIZUKU TAN ABOUT ME! <33 I REALLY DO LOVE IT SO MUCH SO THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO MAKE IT FOR ME!! <,3 (don't worry about remaking it btw its perfect just the way it is /HUGS)

@Araberu ofc you're very much welcomeee <33 im really glad you liked it whew ! i was sweating nervously if i made it too bright and u wouldnt like it ^^; 

thank you all elves for making this happen and all your hard work! 

+ though it was extremely sad to see how some ungrateful people that doesn't even bother to use the images they received, thats not only sad but also rude and behave as if they are entitled to decide whether to use it or not even after all the effort santa put in. and this is just hilarious cause it seems theres nothing could be done but just to continue as nothing happen.

dearest my bb shinah ty for the bday present <33
Jan 13, 2023 3:58 AM

Feb 2022
Deimock said:
Thanks you elfs for the hard work every year, I really enjoy this events.

And thank you @RealCheeze for the gift, I'm sure I'll enjoy your recommendation :D
no problem! I tried hard to find a good anime that you might like because I saw that most anime that you have seen that I have seen too are mostly in my list.
I hope I have you the right recommendation.
Pages (10) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 »

More topics from this board

» | OPEN | Best Profile Design (April 2024) VOTING

KarenShirotori - Apr 21

19 by Nonoa »»
4 hours ago

» Best Signature Design - April 2024 | Voting

Nate - Apr 22

15 by emprizzko »»
5 hours ago

» [CLOSED] Best Signature Design - April 2024 | Nominations

Nate - Apr 1

9 by Nate »»
Apr 22, 6:14 AM

» | CLOSED | Best Profile Design (April 2024) NOMINATIONS

KarenShirotori - Apr 1

8 by KarenShirotori »»
Apr 21, 4:05 AM

» Best Profile Design (January 2024) WINNER

KarenShirotori - Feb 4

7 by batslimeman »»
Apr 17, 8:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.