Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 6, 2010 9:37 PM
May 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
meh episode i give it a 3/5

next episode sounds better though.
May 7, 2010 7:31 PM

Jul 2009
What happened to Kan'u?! Omg..
May 7, 2010 10:56 PM

Nov 2008
Shiryuu opened her eyes *gasp*
May 8, 2010 12:58 AM

Sep 2008
At least the show seems to be picking up the pace a little. It's still a pretty bad season for me though. I don't think there's anything that could save it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 8, 2010 1:21 AM
May 2010
kanu doesn' t see too well

next ep will fight against ryomou
better ryomou dies not kanu... :(
May 8, 2010 7:39 AM

Oct 2009
Only 5 more episodes left and I feel like nothing really happened this season. Hope it gets A LOT better.
May 8, 2010 8:59 AM

Dec 2008
it feels more like mortal combat this time
I hope we will see some good fights in the end
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 8, 2010 5:01 PM

Jul 2009
3/5; quite a lousy episode, very slow pace, qiite predictable.
What's right with it:
- It seems this overpowered villian can create chemira's
- We see some of the side characters
- Hakafu appears

What's wrong with this episode:
- Revolving heavily around Gentoku, who's arguabley, the least intriguing character
- Gentoku has anotherone of her predictable 'uncontrolled outbursts'
- A new character is introduced; a giant man who in his 3rd year
- One of the skimpy dressed sisters has turned good
- The little green haired girl gets fanservice

May 8, 2010 6:47 PM

Jul 2008
Actually unlike most you I consider this episode as one of the best of the season and the one that has the most ikkitousen feeling about it.

Kurogashi said:
What happened to Kan'u?! Omg..

Kan'u is a very strong fighter, the strongest if we do not take the dragon user into account. I'm not surprised that she can call the spirit of the real Kan-u to get a major boost, the same way Sousou got posseded in the second season, except that Kan-u have probably more control over it.

dragon0sword said:

In history Ryomou was the one who killed Kan-u and she is tired from her earlier fight and has a bad view. Ryomou is far from weak and if they are forced to fight each other I see Kan-u getting beated up.

Queen_Stars said:
3/5; quite a lousy episode, very slow pace, qiite predictable.
What's right with it:
- It seems this overpowered villian can create chemira's
- We see some of the side characters
- Hakafu appears

What's wrong with this episode:
- Revolving heavily around Gentoku, who's arguabley, the least intriguing character
- Gentoku has anotherone of her predictable 'uncontrolled outbursts'
- A new character is introduced; a giant man who in his 3rd year
- One of the skimpy dressed sisters has turned good
- The little green haired girl gets fanservice

Yes Gentoku getting freezed, one of her friend dying, an important character switch side, Hakufu come to save the day, receive a holy sword and start her assault on the villain's base, add to that the preparation of the Ryoumou vs Kan-u fight sure make this episode slow paced...

Gentoku is far from being the least intriguing character, even more since now she seem to have the will to fight and don't go crying everytime. Gentoku do not have ''uncontrolled outburst'', ever since the second season it has been said that her power would kill her, that's the reason why they wanted the dragon jade to begin with. In the end of the second season Gentoku could totaly control her power because of the dragon jade and Hakufu's power but otherwhise her power would result in hurting her and her friends. She can activate it at will but once it is activated she cannot control it... yet.

The sister did not turned ''good''. She never trusted Kentei and teaming up with Gentoku's team is probably the best way to get rid of him, especially since she saw Hakufu it look like she tough they might really pull this off. I guess that she want to free her school from Kentei and is not interested in an easy way to conquer the world, if she had to do so she would like to do it with her own strengh, that is why she didn't kill Gentoku because she wanted to fight her square.
May 8, 2010 7:42 PM
Jul 2009
Great ep, I thought it was great, but Shiryuu's fight was good and that girl that poped up in the nic of time, cool. Hakufu was cool for the moments she was serious its funny that she's given a sword, can she use it? *Next ep*

Oh ya looks like Bachou and Chuukou stumbled on what ever's growing under Kentei's ... Will it kill them or will they ruin dum.a.'s plans.
May 9, 2010 3:08 PM

Jul 2009
Chao-Lingshen said:

Yes Gentoku getting freezed, one of her friend dying, an important character switch side, Hakufu come to save the day, receive a holy sword and start her assault on the villain's base, add to that the preparation of the Ryoumou vs Kan-u fight sure make this episode slow paced...

Gentoku is far from being the least intriguing character, even more since now she seem to have the will to fight and don't go crying everytime. Gentoku do not have ''uncontrolled outburst'', ever since the second season it has been said that her power would kill her, that's the reason why they wanted the dragon jade to begin with. In the end of the second season Gentoku could totaly control her power because of the dragon jade and Hakufu's power but otherwhise her power would result in hurting her and her friends. She can activate it at will but once it is activated she cannot control it... yet.

The sister did not turned ''good''. She never trusted Kentei and teaming up with Gentoku's team is probably the best way to get rid of him, especially since she saw Hakufu it look like she tough they might really pull this off. I guess that she want to free her school from Kentei and is not interested in an easy way to conquer the world, if she had to do so she would like to do it with her own strengh, that is why she didn't kill Gentoku because she wanted to fight her square.

First paragraph; Is that sarcasm or not?
Matter of opinion; I though that what they all had to say wasn't too interesting and most of the stuff that happened began in the previous episode.

Second paragraph; I stated that Gentoku is 'arguably' the least intreguing character, if you dissagree, good for you.
On top of this, I stated that Gentoku has an 'uncontrolled outburst', this is a fact. You seem to be looking to the future, stating she can't control her powers 'yet', still, you state her 'outburst' was controlled?
The second season was simply a display of how Hakafu and Gentoku could work together; if Gentoku knew what she was doing, there would be little drama, yet she's not a fighter and as stated in the episode; isn't too keen on her ability, causing her body to confilct with her dragon.

The third paragraph; to be frank, the sisiter is working with the goodies, so for now, she has switched sides.

May 9, 2010 3:57 PM

Jul 2008
Queen_Stars said:
Chao-Lingshen said:

First paragraph; Is that sarcasm or not?
Matter of opinion; I though that what they all had to say wasn't too interesting and most of the stuff that happened began in the previous episode.

Second paragraph; I stated that Gentoku is 'arguably' the least intreguing character, if you dissagree, good for you.
On top of this, I stated that Gentoku has an 'uncontrolled outburst', this is a fact. You seem to be looking to the future, stating she can't control her powers 'yet', still, you state her 'outburst' was controlled?
The second season was simply a display of how Hakafu and Gentoku could work together; if Gentoku knew what she was doing, there would be little drama, yet she's not a fighter and as stated in the episode; isn't too keen on her ability, causing her body to confilct with her dragon.

The third paragraph; to be frank, the sisiter is working with the goodies, so for now, she has switched sides.

An 'uncontrolled outburst' would means that Gentoku would come into this state without her wanting it but it isn't this way.
Gentoku chose to enter this state, she call her power herself but once it manifest she cannot control it properly there is a difference between the two.

Yes the first paragraph was sarcasm.
May 9, 2010 6:53 PM

Jul 2009
Dandere-chan said:

An 'uncontrolled outburst' would means that Gentoku would come into this state without her wanting it but it isn't this way.
Gentoku chose to enter this state, she call her power herself but once it manifest she cannot control it properly there is a difference between the two.

An 'uncontrolled outburst' is indeed the same thing as not being able to controll your powers, putting your body in danger and worrying others.
The case in this episode was, Gentoku doesn't know how to use her powers, they aren't controlled.
You may see it as something different, I don't.

I don't recognise sarcarm or jokes when thrown randomly into discussions.
My posts are written in a fairly formal manner; rich in description in order for others to easily understand, the reason I do this is to spare confusion, unless others struggle with communication too.
I like a discussion, but please, avoid sarcam with the likes of me, I'll get lost.
(I'll make a new signature);D

May 9, 2010 7:04 PM

Jul 2008
Queen_Stars said:
Dandere-chan said:

An 'uncontrolled outburst' is indeed the same thing as not being able to controll your powers, putting your body in danger and worrying others.
The case in this episode was, Gentoku doesn't know how to use her powers, they aren't controlled.
You may see it as something different, I don't.

I don't recognise sarcarm or jokes when thrown randomly into discussions.
My posts are written in a fairly formal manner; rich in description in order for others to easily understand, the reason I do this is to spare confusion, unless others struggle with communication too.
I like a discussion, but please, avoid sarcam with the likes of me, I'll get lost.
(I'll make a new signature);D

I will try to be more clear on this:

The way I put it:
Gentoku enter into burst mode -> she lose control.

The way you put it:
Gentoku lose control of herself -> she enter in burst mode unwillingly

The difference is that in the way I say it, she chose to lose control, to take a power she cannot control to protect her friend at the cost of her life unlike you who say that she get consumed by this power and enter into burst without wanting it.
After that once she is in burst yes she has no control, there can't even be a debate about this.
May 10, 2010 2:40 PM

Jul 2009
Dandere-chan said:

I will try to be more clear on this:

The way I put it:
Gentoku enter into burst mode -> she lose control.

The way you put it:
Gentoku lose control of herself -> she enter in burst mode unwillingly

The difference is that in the way I say it, she chose to lose control, to take a power she cannot control to protect her friend at the cost of her life unlike you who say that she get consumed by this power and enter into burst without wanting it.
After that once she is in burst yes she has no control, there can't even be a debate about this.

I understand you better now.;)

I also agree, that the character had some drive to protect others, yet still, I see the same result.
Still, I'm open-minded in all area's of life, yet when it comes to behaviour, I'm very frank, I see the two as the same thing.

May 11, 2010 11:15 AM

Jun 2008
I didn't find this episode as slow as you people say. Lot's of things happened and it also ended with the promise of big fights coming up.
Quite better than the last two episodes.

Hope none of Ryomu and Kanu dies. I love those girls.
May 12, 2010 1:14 PM

Sep 2008
Ecks_Ess said:
Shiryuu opened her eyes *gasp*
Yes, she did. Beautiful aren't they?
May 12, 2010 1:19 PM

Sep 2008
Monad said:
I didn't find this episode as slow as you people say. Lot's of things happened and it also ended with the promise of big fights coming up.
Quite better than the last two episodes.

Hope none of Ryomu and Kanu dies. I love those girls.
I agree with you wholly, Monad. Nothing was really slow and even if it was, the action will certainly kick up in the future.
May 12, 2010 1:21 PM

Sep 2008
I'm really happy that Shiryuu is getting more screentime this season. She's uniquely hot in her own way and kickass awesome!!
May 17, 2010 6:36 PM

Jun 2008
dragon0sword said:

mouchan dies??? O.o
yeah...keep dreamin' boy ^.^
Jun 4, 2010 10:14 AM

May 2007
Gotta love those ancient sound effects.

Oct 6, 2010 4:18 AM

Mar 2009
This episode stinks. I found it boring. The next one seems like it might be better than this.
Aug 31, 2011 12:42 AM

Aug 2010
gdc_anime1989 said:
I'm really happy that Shiryuu is getting more screentime this season. She's uniquely hot in her own way and kickass awesome!!
Oct 8, 2013 10:04 PM

Nov 2011
Tbh, the only thing to redeem this show are the anime only characters at this point. But hey, at least there might be some decent fights coming up right? I can only hope.
May 28, 2014 1:22 PM

Oct 2013
i thought this ep was best so far this season :d SO goOD
[/quote]
Nov 15, 2014 12:37 PM

Apr 2013
Hm I'm still not really hyped for this show, seems to be kinda slow...
Jan 4, 2015 9:12 AM
Jun 2013
wow that monk dude sure is weak. well alot more happened here we actually got some fights. Also random sword out of nowhere.
Apr 25, 2016 2:17 PM

Feb 2015
Oh gawd my hand...

Who knew the Gakushu that got beat up easily in season 1 could suddenly become strong.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ikkitousen: Xtreme Xecutor Episode 10 Discussion

ShanaFlame - May 27, 2010

21 by Seabury »»
Mar 13, 2023 9:58 PM

Poll: » Ikkitousen: Xtreme Xecutor Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - Mar 25, 2010

56 by Seabury »»
Mar 7, 2023 8:25 PM

Poll: » Ikkitousen: Xtreme Xecutor Episode 12 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jun 11, 2010

43 by nghuytoan1993 »»
Feb 10, 2023 11:40 AM

Poll: » Ikkitousen: Xtreme Xecutor Episode 6 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Apr 30, 2010

29 by KeflaSimp69 »»
Nov 4, 2022 12:29 PM

Poll: » Ikkitousen: Xtreme Xecutor Episode 11 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jun 3, 2010

17 by FMmatron »»
Oct 9, 2020 4:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.