Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 24, 2022 7:28 AM

Jul 2017
Day 2 of the 31st Shuka High School Culture Festival, and Kessoku Band rocks out their usual style, just like they were in the livehouse.

But it's clear that there's a form of uneasiness where Bocchi's guitar string broke at the wrong timing and plus one due to a broken peg, and worries strewn on her face. Kita being the winggirl by ad-libbing her lead guitar support just in time for her solo part, and that's ingenious. With a performance on the docks, everyone did a good job, but especially Bocchi...she did the ONE thing that nobody expected: by jumping into the audience, thinking that they will support her with their arms, just like Hiroi. YELP Bocchi, I feel for you when that attempt bombed lols. As the school festival winds down, Bocchi made a name for herself: the legendary stage diver.

Back at home, doing a dogeza in front of her dad because she lent and broke his guitar, it felt as if like her father was driving Bocchi to madness. But the amount of hefty cash is serviceable enough for repairs that's earned from her YouTube account, oh ho...so the "guitarhero" account is a family-shared one, no wonder they were looking at the videos and comments posted of their own daughter's immense growth. Still, 300k yen and feeling like she's ready to be Super Saiyan and quit her job, haha. No way that's happening, girl.

Getting a present for Nijika's older sister Seika, Bocchi goes all head-banging metal rock, I can't fathom the absurdity LELS. Finding a new guitar, but not having the shop assistant just creep up beside her, she's too easily shocked at the sudden interaction. But eventually it's a new one that she got from her dad's replacement, and while it feels great to hold, it's her confidence that has grown overtime and gave her the spirit to even step out of the house and continue life as she knows it.

WHAT A SHOW. Not the best CGDCT I've had, but it's obviously the case where "animation carried the show", and God bless me that this show is elevated to the highest degree.

Still though, you can't deny that Bocchi the Rock! is definitely AOTS material, and a last-minute potential AOTY.

Bocchi the Rock!'s FINAL MAIN PV for your enjoyment:

KANLen09Dec 24, 2022 11:02 AM
Dec 24, 2022 7:28 AM

Jun 2019
There it is. The final episode of Bocchi. And, I'm glad to see all four of them doing so well on the stage. So proud of all of them. Bocchi had problems with her guitar on the stage but she improvised over it on the stage. The funniest thing happened after that when Bocchi jumped over onto the audience. LOL. I was covering my face due to the secondhand embarrassment. But, it was the best.

Also, I love Bocchi's family and supportive they are. So adorable. Then, all four of them went to the guitar shop. Bocchi looked so cool with her new guitar. I loved this show so much. I didn't expect this show to get this much attention from the very beginning but I'm glad that it got the attention it deserved. I'm very satisfied.

Great job, CloverWorks and all the staff involved in this show. Thank You.
Dec 24, 2022 7:34 AM

Feb 2020
That was a great performance! Good job, girls! We are all so proud of you. :)

Bocchi even got a new guitar. I'm happy for her.

This was a good show. Let's hope for a second season. There's never too much CGDCT in this world.
Dec 24, 2022 7:36 AM
Jun 2008
Bocchi-chan managed to overcome the greatest obstacle... playing her old Les Paul while having one broken string. Still, it's funny that she went diving towards the floor, expecting that the crowd would save her or something.

Anyways, that was a nice Manga Time Kirara anime show!
Dec 24, 2022 7:37 AM

Jul 2014
Man this anime was an amazing surprise to an already amazing season line up. I’ve checked out the manga and in no way does the manga do the anime justice, this is definitely one of those times where the anime has outdone itself.
Never has there been a dull episode in this anime, every episode tilll the last one has been fun and entertaining!
Their live was such a hit! The new songs were catchy af, I cannot wait to buy the album!
I guess the most interesting development turned out to be Kita’s relationship with Bocchi, she really wants to be there for her, its like she idolizes her in a different way than she does to Ryou.
I also cannot get over the DB reference! They couldnt help themselves till the end and decided to pull a Super Bocchi.
Im glad this turned out to be the anime that I get to watch coming into christmas. 
I hope we get a second season
10/10!!!!
Bocchi Rocks!!!! 
Dec 24, 2022 8:17 AM
Oct 2022
excellent!2LIVES ARE GREAT.KITA AND bocchi are percent.
Dec 24, 2022 8:19 AM

Aug 2022
All good things come to an end and so does this anime... I really hope that we get a second season soon...
Dec 24, 2022 8:23 AM

Apr 2016
Finally that one overused joke that they did the first time in the first episode but ended up running with with during the entire show ... ended. This anime really can be popular only amongst the people who only thinks they have social anxiety and wear it like a batch of honor or something. But cute girls so it gets a pass, as usually.

5/10
Dec 24, 2022 8:31 AM

Sep 2020
So proud of the girls, especially Bocchi and Ikuyo, and how their relationship developed.
The two songs are also really great. The lyrics and its beautiful moment making Seiza ni Naretara my favourite song. 
Korogaru Iwa, Kimi ni Asa ga Furu cover as the last ED was wonderful and very fitting for Bocchi to sing as well.

Gonna miss them so much. Wasn't expecting it at first, but I truly enjoyed this show to the end. Definitely gonna buy the CD album and some merchs!
GnihtyreveDec 29, 2022 2:29 AM
Dec 24, 2022 8:37 AM

May 2017
Damn this last ep is amazing! I can't take my eyes off of their performance on stage. The songs are great and the overall show is well brought, I love how they present and hyping this anime episode by episode it just getting good and more fun to watch.

With these simple animation(compared to neighbor anime), and how popular this anime got in the internet, I think we deserve SEASON 2 soon enough! I'm praying
Dec 24, 2022 8:48 AM
Jan 2020
Easily the Anime of the Year. Period.
Dec 24, 2022 8:54 AM
Dec 2016
Thank you everyone that worked on this series! What an amazing series, easily AoTS for me. 

As for the episode itself, I just can't say anything more. Just like the previous 11 eps, it was just so good and captivating! Go Bocchi! Go Kessoku Band!
Dec 24, 2022 8:55 AM

Apr 2014
That was a legendary jump from Bocchi.

Second Season! Second Season! Second Season! Second Season! Second Season!
何それ?意味分かんない
Dec 24, 2022 8:58 AM
Feb 2020
Sadly in the end we cant see bocchi's solo, but this anime is an amazing one!! I rarely enjoy music genre anime tbh
Dec 24, 2022 8:59 AM

Apr 2021
Bocchi the Goat ahem Rock!!  This was a fantastic show!! I enjoyed watching this anime. Other than the fact that this was a typical SOL and CGDCT kinda anime. The fact that it was a music anime(songs, bands and all that stuff) is what made me like this show so much!!!
The finale was great!! Loved the two songs they played!!! And Bocchi's got a new guitar!!! Nice!!! Gonna miss the girls and Kesoku band. Loved this anime!!!
Dec 24, 2022 9:01 AM

Jul 2021
Fuck... no more Bocchi Saturday. A solid final episode, though it could be a little better but I'm grateful with what I got. Not only she changed her guitar but she's slowly changing as a person too, that was some nice little touch. Also, does anyone know why's the scene on stage is split into 1/3? With Bocchi standing alone on the right and the band members stand on the left, I'm not too sure if that's just a coincidence or it has a meaning behind that as I've seen similar scenes in other movies. Can't really see the reason why though.

My AOTY undoubtedly, a show that done everything so precisely well that it's honestly just incredible at this point, masterclass. 10/10.
AronicsDec 24, 2022 9:29 AM
Dec 24, 2022 9:02 AM

Feb 2020
Wonderful Finale!
Love the new songs!!
Definitely one of my favorite anime this year!!!
10/10 for sure.
Man...I feel empty now...
I really hope we can get a 2nd season :)
Dec 24, 2022 9:09 AM

Jul 2017

I WILL MISS NIJIKAAAA!! GOOD FINAL EPISODE!!!!!
Dec 24, 2022 9:09 AM

Nov 2016
When an anime is able to surpass your high expectations(I also never ever would've expected that this ends up with a higher score than CSM..for now) Now that's SSJ power. Goosh, all the love Bocchi receives is deserved because the fans are simply returning what the staff poured in.
FMmatronDec 24, 2022 10:17 AM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 24, 2022 9:12 AM

Jun 2020
Amazing festival performance! The new songs are also really good~ I love the details like how Kita singing confidently while Bocchi just looks down at the floor/her guitar most of time. Also I was shocked when Bocchi suddenly jump from the stage because she thought it would be interesting like lol girl what you expect. Poor Bocchi though.
Glad Bocchi has such supporting friends and most importantly, family. That new guitar looks nice too, Bocchi!
Time flies and I almost not realize this episode is the last one for this anime, or maybe this "first season"? This anime is surprisingly great and refreshing, I put this one in seasonal plan to watch out of blue because its instrument and band related but didn't expect it will be such a memorable title for me. Otherwise, I hope another season is possible for us! Thank you, Bocchi the Rock!
Dec 24, 2022 9:12 AM
May 2017
Great ending to the series.
A note that one reminiscent scene in the store was skipped which is quite disappointing.

Many Thanks to the Staff who created this.
Was an enjoyable ride, this anime is the only show that I managed to watch till the end this year.
Dec 24, 2022 9:16 AM
Jan 2020
we hope it will get season two
Dec 24, 2022 9:16 AM

Feb 2020
Ah yes, stage fright. Every person with social anxiety's biggest enemy. I had a similar embarrassing memory too with a storytelling competition so I get how it feels 🥲😔

I wished I had watched this show when it was just airing, so I could've enjoyed and talked about it for 12 weeks, but I unfortunately only just watched it 8 episodes into the show. Thank God I did watch though, as this is 100%, my personal best anime of the year, maybe even a spot in my top 10 faves of all time. This show is absolutely amazing, absolutely fantastic. From just watching it alone, you can tell how much love and passion is put into this. It has a wholesome story, good comedy, enjoyable & fun characters. It's got a lot of things going for it. Not to mention the epic rock OSTs this show has, along with the quality of the instrument playing animation is *chefs kiss*.

In short, Bocchi the Rock! is an absolutely amazing music anime, and one I didn't expect to be my personal best of the year. I seriously thought it would be Summertime Render but this show topped it. Hopefully, we'll get that season 2 announcement soon enough hehe

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 24, 2022 9:17 AM

Jun 2019
Bocchi finally switching to superior guitars.

One of the best adaptations for 2022. Just awesome.
Dec 24, 2022 9:19 AM

Nov 2013
I'm very glad that this show ends perfectly well, considering the continous bad records of past CloverWork's work.
Dec 24, 2022 9:19 AM
Oct 2021
did anyone notice that the guitar shop they went to was the same as the one Aoyama Yoshino (bocchi VA) went to?
Dec 24, 2022 9:20 AM

Aug 2022
Bocchi The Goat Is Absolutely Goated
Dec 24, 2022 9:21 AM

Oct 2008
Wow, am I the only one who just noticed that her new guitar has always been in the OP?

Dec 24, 2022 9:22 AM

Mar 2021
So proud of the Girls that was an amazing performance, this show has been fantastic i really hope we get a second season
Dec 24, 2022 9:28 AM

Jun 2012
Kind of anticlimactic as a final episode, but heartwarming too. Bocchi's found a new purpose in her life and her hobby and even made some friends along the way.

I guess I liked how anticlimactic it was. Life just goes on for Bocchi and it should be the same for everyone else too. One chapter ends and a new one begins. Only, in reality things aren't always that clear.

It was an excellent show! Loved the gags and the serious moments. Not a bad way to end 2022.
Dec 24, 2022 9:28 AM
Jan 2022
Imagine Bocchi actually played the solo and did a through the fire and flames full cover that would be awesome LMAO
Dec 24, 2022 9:29 AM

Jul 2022
What a great series, Comedy hit just right with great characters. Really hope this gets a season 2 but for now goodbye bocchi :'(

Got to get one last bocchi pic 

Dec 24, 2022 9:30 AM

Oct 2017
Their performance didn't really live upto the hype but it was great watching how much Bocchi has grown. Her guitar string snapped but she managed to improvise, she has come far. Also that jump was legendary. Bocchi's new guitar looks cool, I wanna see her perform with it so need season 2.
Dec 24, 2022 9:33 AM
Oct 2018
there goes my hero. watch her as she goes...
Dec 24, 2022 9:35 AM

Apr 2020
This show is already in the top 20 in the MAL ratings.😮
Dec 24, 2022 9:36 AM
Aug 2020
this ep was 11/10 for me, i wish there was more
Jun 2017
I care bocchi my beloved
Aug 2021
it was actually my own expectations which hit me , i wanted it to be a grand finish for the s1 with banger music and all but the episode seems to be poorly done especially the 3d animation and some bg where from real life pics . I certainly do hope that s2 comes out tough.
Dec 24, 2022 9:38 AM

Jul 2021
kivnaa said:
it was actually my own expectations which hit me , i wanted it to be a grand finish for the s1 with banger music and all but the episode seems to be poorly done especially the 3d animation and some bg where from real life pics . I certainly do hope that s2 comes out tough.
I'm pretty sure it's rotoscoping, not 3d animated.
Dec 24, 2022 9:38 AM

Jul 2020
What a lovely show. The characters are awesome and the visuals are so innovative and dynamic, presenting social anxiety so effecitvely and efficiently while also making me laugh multiple times. Definitely one of my favourite shows of the year.

Not my AOTY, that gots to Kaguya-sama but the fact that it surpassed my expectations so hard is astounding. Another example of why I should never have high or low expectations ever again.  AOTS without a doubt.
LifeisTrulyFunDec 28, 2022 6:31 AM
Dec 24, 2022 9:41 AM
Mar 2020
I'm gonna miss this show. It's a CGDCT that reminds me of Umaru-chan, the anime show that sucked me into watching animes. Most of all i'm gonna miss Bocchi's theatrics as she avoids being social animated in the most ridiculous ways.
Dec 24, 2022 9:41 AM

Aug 2013
Bocchi The Rock does not go out with a bang but with a gentle heartwarming "Thank You".

While to me this is not AOTY material, my time with this show is just something I'll surely remembered. now I will miss those days where I just can't wait for my work days to be over and just straight up jump to Saturday and watch the new BTR ep, watching BTR memes and repeating Kessoku Band songs while doing my works at the office.

Thank You Bocchi The Rock for making my weekend much more enjoyable.
b0177Dec 24, 2022 10:02 AM

English is my second language
Dec 24, 2022 9:42 AM

Nov 2021
What an unexpectedly brilliant show, Bocchi rocks! Praying for a second season
Dec 24, 2022 9:43 AM
Nov 2022
Cloverworks has provided not just one, but THREE new songs for the finale, including an Asian Kung-Fu Generation cover ED song. This is fitting as the Kessoku Band girls' last names are based on the members of AKFG (GOTOH Masafumi, ICHIJI Kiyoshi, YAMADA Takahiro and KITA Kiyoshi).

Absolute kino, praying for a second season.
Dec 24, 2022 9:45 AM
Dec 2020
There's not much to say, masterpiece! 10/10

Great songs, great animation (band performance, comedic scenes and more), great character devlopment (relatable and impressing) with tons of creativity used throughout the series. And of course, lovely characters.
These 3 months have been good just because of bocchi the rock. Much thanks to the production team, I can feel the passion they put in this series.
Dec 24, 2022 9:48 AM

Jul 2014
Not often i say this, but this is the kind of anime that i want it keeps going for a very long time, i just want to see their journey from being an unknown band to the moment they reach their fame, and especially to see how each members grow in the process, because they are that precious and great characters in my eyes..
Hopefully second season comes soon enough..
Dec 24, 2022 9:49 AM

Jul 2011
I really thought Bocchi would have a heart attack with the guitar Murphy's law. But her love for music was stronger.

Fight and flight crowd surf.

Doing headbangs while entering a store, that's one great power move.
Dec 24, 2022 9:49 AM

Sep 2021
That dive was the best.
Truly the best anime for this season. 100000000000000/10
💞💕
Hoping for a second season.
Kudos again to CloverWorks! You really make me love your studio since AoButa.
Dec 24, 2022 9:51 AM
Apr 2021
Bocchi always keeping us guessing what she’ll do lol, loved this anime beginning to end!
Dec 24, 2022 9:52 AM

Jul 2017
Considering how I hate most SoL shows (especially K-On), seeing this show from start to finish has been a welcome surprise to me. It's not perfect (some of the humor can feel a bit stale after a while even with visually being stellar and some characters didn't leave much of an impression on me like Ryo) but this show was really good overall. Enjoyed the music, direction and the messages delivered here with a strong female lead that actually comes across as relatable as someone who's had anxiety issues that led to becoming a recluse like her. I still enjoyed Romantic Killer's corny yet hearty romcom-take a little more than this show (and Anzu Hoshino being my favorite character from this year), so this is a really close runner up for AotY, but I'm still happy to have seen this overall. This is definitely a memorable experience overall and a show I wouldn't mind rewatching some time down the line.

The actual episode was pretty good, loved the music at the start and the performances there and the progress showcased overall. Like mentioned previously, I was a bit mixed on the humor in the past few episodes but Bocchi's dive definitely ruled. Ending was kind of anticlimactic but the journey's not over yet and I would welcome a 2nd season down the line for this. Bocchi's dad was dope there too.
Pages (15) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bocchi the Rock! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Nov 26, 2022

510 by dod_o »»
Yesterday, 12:41 PM

Poll: » Bocchi the Rock! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Nov 19, 2022

231 by ninocadeau »»
Apr 24, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Bocchi the Rock! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Dec 17, 2022

267 by PrimeX »»
Apr 23, 10:06 AM

Poll: » Bocchi the Rock! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Dec 10, 2022

234 by PrimeX »»
Apr 23, 9:15 AM

Poll: » Bocchi the Rock! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Dec 3, 2022

232 by PrimeX »»
Apr 23, 3:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.