Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 24, 2022 12:34 AM
Jul 2020
Such a great story.
But the animation đź’©.
Also I loved the music, both the Soundtrack and fucking amazing Theme Songs.
Couldn't leave it just because of the story, but damn you NAZ
IronadityaDec 24, 2022 12:39 AM
Dec 24, 2022 1:11 AM

Oct 2010
NogueraB said:
About the episode, anyone can explain about Sami doing 2 finger/ V on the last scene ? 

Just a "victory" or have another meaning ? 
yeah, just a victory sign because she defeated her disease
When she says "Invincible" it's a call back to the chapter when she was asked by Nagumo how does she feel and she also says invincible but now she's a normal human
Dec 24, 2022 1:15 AM

Apr 2015
And it is over, i survive!

I actually liked the end, it is was very emotional.

But the final battles with that animation was terrible, i don't know how this was even approved lol.

I read a lot of parts of the manga while watching including the end. But unless this series somehow got a god tier animation, i doubt i would enjoy that much. A lot of stuff in the story is extremely dated and convenient. Whatever who was directing this should get some original freedom to fix how the story develop and half of the characters are really boring.

it is a 5.5/10 for me. But still not the worst thing i watched this year.
Dec 24, 2022 9:51 AM

Jan 2014
Honestly. Not sure if it was because of the generic or lack of interest production, but there is a part of me that could not get into this at all. Despite some good points in there, like good story, good characters, or some at least. It just felt...Flat for me. To the point I want to like it, but it's that feeling of how bland it felt, that is turning me away from.It's like, you hear how good the manga is, but from evidence of this, you wouldn't know that at all.
Dec 24, 2022 4:37 PM

Jan 2013
just gonna be generous and give it a 5.

at least the backgrounds art was consistently good.
Dec 25, 2022 9:01 AM

May 2021
At least the epilogue was good and some moments here and there scattered throughout the anime.

Dec 25, 2022 9:23 PM

Oct 2010
I personally think this series was way better than people give it credit for. This final episode showing the finality of the plot and these people having to return to their daily lives and having to say goodbye to their partners was something you don't get with a lot of shounen series.
"Do you want me to take you away... to a place in this city where wishes come true?"
Dec 26, 2022 7:13 AM
Aug 2016
it was a really nice ride with not the best animation but the characters and interations really saved it
Dec 26, 2022 9:04 AM

Feb 2019
The finale was actually quite well done and emotional. It would’ve hit harder if the pacing and animation of the overall story weren’t so bad in this adaptation. But I did enjoy seeing everyone happy and married or successful. Will miss my baby anima

I think the actual story is actually really good and you can see why the manga is so highly rated but it’s hard to rate an anime based purely on what the source material is. Ultimately we can only go off of what NAZ gave us which was an awful adaptation and poorly produced anime. This was a below average anime with some average to slightly above average moments.

Hopefully that spirit circle one isn’t as bad.
Marinate1016Dec 26, 2022 9:09 AM
Dec 27, 2022 4:33 PM

Jul 2015
Aside from the bad production quality, the story execution in my opinion went from bad to decent going into the second half. Overall, as pointed out by literally everyone, a very disappointing adaptation of an unique story.

Dec 28, 2022 8:06 AM

Jul 2020
Wait I thought Samidare and Yuuhi were supposed to have kids in the end? Or was I misinformed..
Dec 29, 2022 7:42 AM

Oct 2008
at last the suffering has ended!
a big middle finger to you incompetent studios!
one of those good series turn-out to be bad adaptations...oh well...
2/5.
4/10.

Dec 30, 2022 3:16 AM

Oct 2010
Inexplicable said:
Wait I thought Samidare and Yuuhi were supposed to have kids in the end? Or was I misinformed..
the studio didn't bother to adapt that scene, it happens in chapter 64.5 which is an extra but 100% canon
Jan 4, 2023 12:11 PM

Jan 2020
Well, that may have been the best episode of the entire series. At least we got a strong ending. And, overall, I certainly enjoyed it.

With that being said, I imagine I'll check out the manga before too long.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Jan 5, 2023 5:46 PM

Dec 2016
Finally I'm done with this.

It started off nice but they started presenting it poorly by the end. It's sad how this is 24 episodes long and still had no impact on the viewers. I mostly had to cringe in the emotional scenes.
The only scene I found slight bit emotional was when the beast knights started disappearing.

Anyway, it's good that everyone had an happy ending. It was surprising to know that Shimaki and Hakudou got married.

Overall 5/10.

It's unfortunate that I'm rating it so low even though I found the story interesting.
Jan 13, 2023 3:07 AM
Jan 2018
Very unique show, but the animation was terrible.
6/10.
Jan 14, 2023 12:10 PM
Oct 2020
Good ending and as a manga reader I recommend 100% just read the manga if you want to see this story. I managed to finish this finally
Jan 23, 2023 8:12 PM

Oct 2007
I love when a series has a proper epilogue. Despite the bad start, it did seem like the animation got a little better over time, or maybe I just stopped noticing. Either way, happy to see the end of this story again.
Feb 8, 2023 5:26 AM

Nov 2019
Okay this show is dumb, enjoyed it a little bit but that random out of nowhere hakudo and shimaki sail is super dumb 1/10 just for that
Feb 27, 2023 3:31 PM

Feb 2020
Well, ending was pretty good. But the anime itself isn't, it would be far better to watch a anime about the off screen slice of life/coming of age portion leading up to timeskip rather than this anime itself.

Other that low quality production, the main problem this anime has are-
1)Story and presentation is too simple. This anime follows super sentai/power Ranger episode format when bunch of heroes fight the new monster every episode. This format is too predictable, uncreative and extremely boring (plus it's commenly used for anime originals and most manga hardly such rudimentary story presentation). Even author's other anime original work Planet With use this format, so i guess it's his regular style. But even compared to planet within this style hardly makes sense in a fantasy story such as this either.(it not like they are giving homage to sentai shows here, so it makes it look lazy writing). There is hardly any plot twist or interesting reveal setup either

2)most villans are bunch of non speaking npc rocks. In my opinion For a action show, it the death of show if u are fighting a wall. A good eg of this is the two deaths of major characters- whatever character development we saw in Hangetsu Shinonome death is extremely undermined by the fact that he is defeated by some low level rock. Most evident in revenge for Tarou Kusakabe against a rock, which looks extremely stupid. Also such uninspiring character design of those rocks doesn't help either. Also i found the battle technique and it's usage underwhelming too

3)i heard a lot of people say it's character driven story. But it like the most basic character exploration that is present here which can be found in most story (I know they did it for twelve character, but it's still underdeveloped). Eg - male protagonist relationship towards his family other than grandpa like what about his mom or aunt. There don't address much about female character's relationship with irresponsible dad either. Forget about stuff like Taiyou's parents negligence and nagumo's lies towards his wife. Don't know if it's a anime problem and some content is cut or not. But it's super basic for a character driven story for what is present in anime.

4)There are lot of interesting thing like Amamiya and Mikazuki's rivalry or animus's backstory or romance relationship between the characters or even Asahina families struggle which simply doesn't hit the spot.Most of all, I can't really take samidare destroying earth seriously no matter how many times they repeat it's serious because it doesn't look serious at all.

Overall it's a ok show to watch with a good last episode. But it's hardly at equal level to a action manga.
AdampkFeb 27, 2023 3:35 PM
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Feb 28, 2023 9:48 PM

Oct 2010
Adampk said:
Eg - male protagonist relationship towards his family other than grandpa like what about his mom or aunt. There don't address much about female character's relationship with irresponsible dad either. Forget about stuff like Taiyou's parents negligence and nagumo's lies towards his wife
his aunt is irrelevant, he never lived in with her family, his mom and dad died when he was young
they address her dad in one episode, why would you want more? same with taiyou, it's one episode, I consider that enough
nagumo is separated with his wife

it's 50-50 character driven and action but because the action was so trash in the anime people would use that lame argument like you mentioned in your post
Feb 28, 2023 11:08 PM

Feb 2020
Catalano said:
Adampk said:
Eg - male protagonist relationship towards his family other than grandpa like what about his mom or aunt. There don't address much about female character's relationship with irresponsible dad either. Forget about stuff like Taiyou's parents negligence and nagumo's lies towards his wife
his aunt is irrelevant, he never lived in with her family, his mom and dad died when he was young
they address her dad in one episode, why would you want more? same with taiyou, it's one episode, I consider that enough

it's 50-50 character driven and action but because the action was so trash in the anime people would use that lame argument like you mentioned in your post

overall, what i mean is we don't actually take a look into lives, their relationships and struggles are shown very surface level instead of having depth. I find that underwhelming if it's depending on character driven story.
action wise it's just super sentai similar fight with bunch rocks, i hardly thing sakuga is the only problem here. Eg - if bleach was from start to finish a story about ichigo and group fighting bunch of hollow with different shape. It would be super boring too

I personally have enjoyed fights of quite a bit of poor sakuga shows like 7 deadly sins s3 or berserk 2017 too. I absolutely love watching the battle in kingdom s1 too. so no, i am not making any lame argument here.

Even if it's has the best animation and better design out there, it wouldn't still be anything more than ssss gridman or SSSS.Dynazenon
AdampkFeb 28, 2023 11:53 PM
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Feb 28, 2023 11:53 PM

Oct 2010
Adampk said:
Catalano said:

overall, what i mean is we don't actually take a look into lives, their relationships and struggles are shown very surface level instead of having depth. I find that underwhelming if it's depending on character driven story.
action wise it's just super sentai similar fight with bunch rocks, i hardly thing sakuga is the only problem here. Eg - if bleach was from start to finish a story about ichigo and group fighting bunch of hollow with different shape. It would be super boring too

I personally have enjoyed quite a bit of poor sakuga shows like 7 deadly sins s3 or berserk 2017 too. I absolutely love watching the battle in kingdom s1 too. so no, i am not making any lame argument here.

Even if it's has the best animation out there, it wouldn't still be anything more than ssss gridman or SSSS.Dynazenon

ok I get you now, understandable.
I would have loved to have more golems like maikmakterion to be honest, that would have made the golem death more impactful for me
Feb 28, 2023 11:54 PM

Feb 2020
Catalano said:
Adampk said:

I personally have enjoyed quite a bit of poor sakuga shows like 7 deadly sins s3 or berserk 2017 too. I absolutely love watching the battle in kingdom s1 too. so no, i am not making any lame argument here.

Even if it's has the best animation out there, it wouldn't still be anything more than ssss gridman or SSSS.Dynazenon

ok I get you now, understandable.
I would have loved to have more golems like maikmakterion to be honest, that would have made the golem death more impactful for me

yes, that would have been more interesting
BIO

Mar 8, 2023 1:00 PM

Jan 2021
Lol. What have i even watched... 1/10.
Roxy

Mar 24, 2023 6:29 PM

Feb 2021
In the end, it was a happy ending!
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 2, 2023 11:56 AM

Aug 2011
I appreciate the history behind the battle and revealing the fates of each individual. That alone brought my rating up from 6 - 8. 

Overall, not a bad anime, just a bit slow and unclear in some areas. My fav character - Hangetsu Shinonome, hands down. 
Jun 29, 2023 12:21 PM

Mar 2018
rewatched the anime again. fucking stupid and shitty and i hate this so much
Apr 1, 7:50 AM

Jan 2016
I had to pause at 20:00 since got a phone call then went to bed, was nice to finish the rest today.
Relatable, thank you+I'm sorry on repeat... I'm back.
I've seen a lot of people have issues with shipping at the end, I think it matches very well personally.
Looks like the Earth will hopefully last 1100 years before possibility of Earth breaking psychics returning.
5/5 episode because liked it UwU

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hoshi no Samidare Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2022

19 by LilyVarbik »»
Mar 31, 4:50 PM

Poll: » Hoshi no Samidare Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2022

20 by LilyVarbik »»
Mar 31, 3:35 PM

Poll: » Hoshi no Samidare Episode 20 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2022

14 by LilyVarbik »»
Mar 31, 11:45 AM

Poll: » Hoshi no Samidare Episode 19 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2022

13 by LilyVarbik »»
Mar 31, 11:06 AM

Poll: » Hoshi no Samidare Episode 18 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2022

16 by LilyVarbik »»
Mar 30, 6:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.