Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Dec 22, 2022 4:58 PM
Jan 2021
This is smartest anime I really can bring it into the MVP of cinema. 10/10
Dec 22, 2022 5:09 PM
May 2022
Finally get to enter after 2 weeks of abandonment. Could have wished Okachimachi died, but man they kind of spared Aya Hirano. Allow me get a enumeration on what I saw in Episode 11-12. First off the fire hazard from the Creatureland Group didn't occur, second is that Ranko got back stabbed while shopping (possibly she might have been reincarnated as Makoto Nijima codenamed as Queen) and it just ends with Nagi getting her just desserts twice.

I'm just going on my own interpretation that everyone died inside the cafe and last thing we knew, maybe Nagomi is the only survivor left, also Yasuko the cafe manager as well.

At least it didn't end foul like in Lycoris Recoil where both the main female and the big bad is still alive just to give us a saccharine ending who cannot stomach gore.

I now declared that Akiba Maid War started out good but it bounces off between undesirable plot twists. Will I ever replay watching this anime like Paripi Koumei aka. the BEST RISING STAR OF SPRING 2022?

Answer: NO.😔

We shall see how Buddy Daddies will impress me on their homoerotic subtexts.😏

Official Score: 7/10
StarryFruittyDec 22, 2022 5:19 PM
Dec 22, 2022 5:28 PM
Oct 2018
This said:
dylpickles

if its just 1-2 bullets you can say "its possible to still alive".
nerula-chan cringe in heaven saw that bro...
Dec 22, 2022 5:34 PM

Jan 2009
One of the craziest and cheesiest anime of the year, maybe even decade. 

The ending was pretty cliched seeing how everything was setup for Nagomi to find a different answer to what it means being a Maid. Basically what we know nowadays, and not the crazy batshit insane violent girls killing each other every day.

She succeded where Ranko failed in 1985 and ended the cycle of violence even though I didn't expect the plot armor for the whole main cast... 

I still think the semi-noir episode with Suheiro is by far the best one; it tolds a cohesive story with neat twists and great direction, while these last two eps were a return to the usual madness.

I still want to know what happened to the manager, though
Dec 22, 2022 5:35 PM
Sep 2018
Omg I was so sad that this ended :( I didn't realize it was an original works. I doubt we will get a season 2 but I must say this was unlike any other show I've seen this year and ever.
I loved the girls at oinky doink, the manager and panda, loved seeing their characters fleshed out. It was such a good twist to have these cute maids be uber violent. 
Lots of laughs, tears, and fun. 

9/10 
Dec 22, 2022 5:37 PM

Jun 2021
I have been depressed for the whole week, trying to hold on to hope that maybe Ranko was going to make it through, but deep down I knew that wasn't going to be the case. I loved her, like a lot, her death hit me pretty hard.

That opens the door for Nagomi to go super dark on everyone, and I was expecting this to go one of two ways, either it'd be a complete 180 forever and it would create this vicious cycle of violence and hatred, or she'd come back after like five minutes, and it was the latter, although I'm curious as to what the ending could have been had it been Option A. Maybe something like Django Unchained, that would have been cool, actually. Nagomi was pretty cool as a brooding psycho badass. But that's not who she is, that's not our Nagomi.

There's only one way this could have ended, and that's with her showing the world what maids are really all about. Such a spirited final performance, that almost got everyone on board.

What I wasn't expecting was that ending. The girl who killed Ranko (that I would have rather seen dead because fuck her), who was from the maid cafe Ranko slaughtered back in Episode 1, shoots Nagi off screen, then PANDA TO THE RESCUE!!! It's fitting that the very girl who started this whole thing was the same one who essentially ended the war. Credits roll.

Flashforward to 2018! Akiba is hype, Oinky Donk is bustling, and our girl (wheelchair bound but still vibin') is all smiles. I cried at this point. Things ended up okay. Nagomi got exactly what she wanted, a world where maid cafes make the world better... I'm so happy for her.

I watched Episode 1 not expecting this show to go as hard as it did. I could have easily turned around and said "nah, this is a bit much for me", and it turns out it would have been one of my biggest regrets. I love this show so much! It took two things that shouldn't go together (maid cafes and old-school Yakuza dramas) and created this strange and convuluted contradiction that on paper, should not have worked at all, but ended up creating one of the most action-packed, anxiety-ridden, stylistic and entertaining shows I've seen in a long time, in any medium. It was the most anime anime I've ever seen, something that only anime can pull off, and I congratulate the staff at PA Works for putting it together. It may not be for everyone, and its conclusion is going to leave a sour taste in some people's mouths, but even with Best Girl Ranko being farewelled it did not ruin my excitement for this show one iota. I have been incredibly nervous waiting for this episode, but I'm so happy to have experienced the whole thing.

Now comes the debate whether or not this or Bocchi the Rock gets my top show of the season. Something that is going to be very difficult to figure out.

10 out of 10. I'll never forget this one.
Dec 22, 2022 5:43 PM
Sep 2021
We need a BlackPork series.
Dec 22, 2022 6:07 PM
May 2016
Whoowee... Where should I begin?
I mean i knew Ranko was gonna die sooner or later but this hit hard and i rarely feel emotion for the deaths of characters.
I wonder what's next, perhaps a season 2?
Dec 22, 2022 6:11 PM

Apr 2022
Jesus, this was quite the finale. Quite an unexpected series of events. Nagomi snaps and goes for revenge for Ranko's death. The final confrontation is completely different to what I expected. And Nagomi--yes, our protagonist--gets shot.

While I had a feeling it was coming, it's also unexpected cause, well, you don't expect your main character to die!

But then, another twist: she's still alive! ...Somehow. One can assume she got shot multiple times, right? It was off screen though, so... But yeah! A time skip happens, the Oinky Doink Cafe is doing well, and Nagomi is there! Albeit in a wheelchair, but still there regardless!

But yeah, what a series, and what a finale. I can't say it was my favorite show this season, but it was definitely, uh, outside of the box we'll say. And it's executed well enough that I definitely respect it, regardless of my personal thoughts.
Dec 22, 2022 6:35 PM
Sep 2019
Nooo! Not the ramen guy!😥
Great anime I loved it
Dec 22, 2022 6:36 PM
May 2022
The only great plus points I would acknowledge were the maid outfit designs which I will probably make use of those someday, and episode 9.

And still partially better than Lycoris Recoil.
Dec 22, 2022 6:48 PM
Jul 2016
This Anime was directed by Tarantino, you can't fool me xddd
Dec 22, 2022 7:12 PM
Aug 2019
Wow! I was not expecting this episode to be something else. The funeral scene was too damn, sad. Nagomi almost followed the path Ranko went through, luckily she didn't.

Nagi finally has her well-deserved punishment. A bullet through the head by a former Wuv-Wuv Moonbeam Maid member (I think she regretted killing Ranko, because she was ordered by Nagi, that's why she has enough and decided to kill her), and a direct hit through the chest by Okachimachi's bamboo spear.

The final part was the best, it's a good thing that Nagomi is still alvie (I though she'll be dead, but she survived. But, sadly she uses a wheelchair due to her injuries.) and Nerula was right about her. Nagomi did changed the maid industry.

Overall, it's a good anime. Weird, but excellent.

Akiba Maid War gets a "B+", Final rating: 8/10.
JurassicOtaku212Dec 22, 2022 7:33 PM
Dec 22, 2022 7:17 PM
May 2017
tetrix1993 said:
That's quite an abrupt ending. But I like it hahaha.
Stark700 said:
RIP. That funeral hit hard.

This shortforward episode really showed how much Nagomi changed since the the beginning. This was like a revenge arc for her since Ranko's death.  What I didn't expect is an maid-idol performance on stage on the finale? For once, we got an episode that isn't just about violence even though the episode still had some headshots lol

What an ending :o. One of the strangest anime I've seen from PA Works in years.

this anime is weird af but at the same time its entertaining i really enjoyed it

this is my favorite anime this season

Dec 22, 2022 7:21 PM
Oct 2022
and here i was last week thinking bout downgrading the score from 7/10 to 6/10 after ranko's death and how they would've handled the last ep but it exceeded my expectations gave it 8/10
Dec 22, 2022 7:43 PM
Oct 2019
I'm crying. Kino at it's finest
Dec 22, 2022 7:48 PM
Apr 2014
I will miss watching Akiba Maid Sensou weekly.

What I'll be missing more is Nerura. She didn't deserve to die so soon. May she rest in peace.

Ranko too didn't deserve to die so soon. Ranko was one of the most enjoyable, creative and original characters of the series.

I liked this episode as an ending to the series, though.

As for Nagomi surviving at the end... It would've been better if she died, and that her sacrifice was what brought peace to Akiba in the end. It wasn't very consistent for her to survive like 6 direct gunshots, and even more considering that every other important character like Nerura died after only being shot once in the abdomen.

From now on, I think this is going to be my (un)official version of what historically happened in Akiharaba.

9/10 for creativity
AkiyamaSaireiDec 22, 2022 7:54 PM
Dec 22, 2022 8:09 PM
Mar 2021
That ending had me gagged. I am obsessed with this show.
Dec 22, 2022 8:32 PM

Jul 2016
I have to accept it, the development of this last chapter would not have been the same without what happened to Ranko.

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎
The irony of how the Moe degenerates into a kind of animal violence is the strong point of the entire series.

I give it a 9/10 it deserves it.
Dec 22, 2022 8:47 PM

May 2019
Man, what a ride. I had no idea what to expect when I started watching back in October. I was as surprised and stunned as Nagomi was on day 1 but I knew that Ranko had her back and Nagomi eventually figured that out. Ranko's death in the previous episode almost had Nagomi going crazy in getting revenge but she literally had sense knocked into her.

Meanwhile, Nagi took this opportunity to go after the Oinky Doink Cafe presumably because she wanted to both end them once and for all as she had wanted and also probably to stop them from going on the offensive. In my opinion, I think Nagi wanted to die, or at least she didn't care if she died. She did try to force Ranko to kill her or Nagomi previously.

I was surprised throughout this episode, especially how only Nagi ended up dying from the confrontation with the Oinky Doink people (not counting the ramen guy and the maid she killed for applauding, RIP) and that it was the pink haired girl that did it with an assist by the panda. Another poster had mentioned how he thought the pink haired girl killed Ranko and then Nagi to stop the violence and that is an interesting thought that I agree with since otherwise I'm not sure why she turned on Nagi at the end.

This is the most unique and unexpected surprise anime I've watched so far and I really enjoyed it. There were many surprises and twists along the way and I will remember this one fondly. I think this should've been a 13 episode anime to have given more detail to the ending and show what happened to the other Oinky Doink girls. Having Nagomi sing the ED was a great touch and seeing her alive, although in a wheelchair, was great. I give this a 9/10 as a great anime.
Dec 22, 2022 8:51 PM

Feb 2016
I loved every bit of this anime.

NAGOMI SUPREMACY

I love how almost everyone who gave this a low score is crying because Ranko died, she was funny, but nothing more, can't even survive a single stab, while Nagomi withstood 5 direct shots, again, NAGOMI SUPREMACY <3

SHE MAY BE CRIPPLED NOW, BUT ADULT NAGOMI STOLE MY HEART, I'LL NEVER FORGET HER SMILE!!!
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
Dec 22, 2022 9:10 PM
Jul 2021
SHINOBI-03 said:

Anime of the Year. No further arguments.
Yes I totally agree. Wacky comedy aside, this anime is a great story. There is a cost to fundamental transformation of the Akiba maid culture, and Nagumi paid it gladly. She is the best maid.
Dec 22, 2022 9:42 PM
Jul 2019
A fitting end to the greatest anime ever made.
Dec 22, 2022 9:46 PM

Jul 2016
I wonder when was the last time I watched a show where almost all its characters were insufferable beyond human understanding. Pretty sure even real yakuza people aren't as unbearable as those Kedamono Rando bitches.

But yeah, this show indeed ended up being a total waste of time for me. Premise was different yet poorly executed, the combination of comedy with extreme violence (or the other way around) felt jarring from start to finish and I felt the show barely had a sense of direction during those first 5-6 episodes.
Not to mention Ranko was the only character carrying the show after Nagomi's failed attempts to take the spotlight and yet they decided to kill her for shitty shock value. That ruined everything for me. And if anything, she should have died in the finale but whatever.

1/10 -  Nerura wishes she had the plot armour Nagomi had, btw.
Dec 22, 2022 9:52 PM

Apr 2020
The most Gainax post-credit scene from a non-Gainax show.
Dec 22, 2022 10:04 PM

Mar 2007
This anime checked the Fresh, new and different boxes. It was funny, tragic, bloody, action packed, surprising AND somehow gave a great maid twist to the gangster genre. Kudos for the creativity on this!

Now ... this being said, the deaths were impactful.

1. Ranko's boyfriend getting gunned down - I ground teeth in frustration and anger.
  2. Ranko dying - OMG WHYYY! That was bad. I was down in the slumps depressed.
  3. Nagi shooting the noodle shop owner - WTF!! OK NOW YOU'VE GONE TOO FAR!!

This show held nothing back! I laughed hysterically, loved the fight club, the mega baseball, the sisterhood arc, the tragic love story, it had ALL the yakuza tropes but done in a new and different way. As someone who has watched anime for 30 years, it's kinda really nice to be pleasantly surprised every episode. Kudos.

Also wanted to shout out to the "bamboo stake sharpening" Chekov's gun that actually paid off. I just wish it had been used easier, but when that happened everyone in the room watching with me were all exclaiming "YESSS!!!!" "F... ing Righ" and "GOOD!" NGL that was one of the most satisfying anime moments this season.

I love this show. Unless some other anime ends really well this will most likely be my Fall 2022 AOTS.
Dec 22, 2022 10:19 PM
May 2021
That wrapped up nicely.

The post credit scene was worth it.
Dec 22, 2022 10:20 PM

Dec 2016
I'm glad they pulled the "modern day" trope at the very end but would've appreciated more closure for each of the characters as well
Dec 22, 2022 10:45 PM
Dec 2022
Classic anime deadweight character behaviour
after her/his carry dead and suddenly act tough, merciless and strong like the carry
then using desperate "the power of friendship/same boat" speech

anyway unusual ending AND THAT FCKIN FINAL BLOW
GG "PANDA" 

Guess this will be one shot anime, too bad slim chance for Season 2 
RaidenYattaDec 22, 2022 10:49 PM
Dec 22, 2022 10:48 PM

Jul 2014
This fucking show! One moment I'm laughing my ass off, the next I'm shedding tears, and the next a maid is being brutally murdered.

I've watched the last 4 episodes back to back so I have Ranko's death pretty fresh. God dammit it was so heartbreaking to hear her last words and watch the life leave her eyes. It still hurts :'(

And then they put pictures of her from the baseball episode at her funeral. Come on, that's dirty xD.

After losing Ranko, I was really worried that the show was going to end with Nagomi also dying. Seeing her in the post-credits scene, alive, being a 36 years old happy maid, albeit in a wheelchair, gave me such a big smile. I really liked the ending.

The most surprising death goes to the ramen guy. I came to think he was untouchable but Nagi didn't agree with that lol.

Anyway, biggest surprise of the season for me. I didn't watch any pv previously so watching the first episode was quite an experience. Lots of laughs, fun and lovable characters and surprising seriousness and brutality. One of my favorite anime of the year for sure, I'm gonna miss it.
Dec 22, 2022 11:18 PM

Mar 2019
Great episode!

What an incredible show. Came out of nowhere for me... I believe I saw a video of the first episode Ranko shoot out/dancing scene searching for some other anime on twitter. Lucky to have seen that and I am glad I decided on watching the show. It wasn't just violence. The humor was excellent. My kind of silly humor. I guess this is it for the show however which is a bummer because this is the type of show I would have  loved to have seen air for multiple seasons. Wonder if the studio/staff behind this have done anything similar in terms of humor...
Dec 22, 2022 11:26 PM
Sep 2020
Great ending....
Dec 22, 2022 11:27 PM
May 2021
This anime was something else bruh. Violence, bloodshed and such unexpected ending. Great series 9/10 , liked the uniqueness
Dec 22, 2022 11:54 PM

Jul 2021
damn that was quite a lot to digest.

the part at 6:56 got me laughing so hard for some reason.

nagi didn't do well to kill the ramen guy.

the ending was good. nagi offed by none other than the tsuki tsuki tsukibeam girl and panda girl. and it seems like the 36 year old maid at the end was nagomi.

violence was eradicated from akiba thanks to nagomi.

overall, 9/10.
TsutanaiFuunDec 23, 2022 12:02 AM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Dec 23, 2022 12:02 AM

Mar 2014
The ending is pretty weak but that's okay
Dec 23, 2022 1:11 AM
Jan 2022
That turbobitch Uzuko deserved everyone shooting her corpse Inglorious Basterds style
Dec 23, 2022 1:12 AM
Sep 2021
AkiyamaSairei said:
As for Nagomi surviving at the end... It would've been better if she died, and that her sacrifice was what brought peace to Akiba in the end. It wasn't very consistent for her to survive like 6 direct gunshots, and even more considering that every other important character like Nerura died after only being shot once in the abdomen.

Come on, if you're going to write it in bold at least be correct.  Manami shot Nerula three times.
Dec 23, 2022 1:21 AM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
Ramen guy dead.. I'm absolutely happy that ramen shop owner got popped..
That old fart had no business hanging out with maids at war..

Dec 23, 2022 1:28 AM
Oct 2020
Love Child of Mafia and cutness!!
Dec 23, 2022 1:51 AM
Oct 2020
I dont know what to cry for!!! so good <3
Dec 23, 2022 1:53 AM

Apr 2015
The ending was a bit abrupt, but that spear toss was quite satisfying. Ironic that the maid who killed Ranko was left to live by the head and then be a contributing member of the death of the head.
Dec 23, 2022 1:57 AM

Apr 2015
JoexySun said:
SHINOBI-03 said:

Anime of the Year. No further arguments.
Yes I totally agree. Wacky comedy aside, this anime is a great story. There is a cost to fundamental transformation of the Akiba maid culture, and Nagumi paid it gladly. She is the best maid.
I was worried she was really about to betray what the story has set her up for and continue the cycle of violence, but she took the bullet instead (literally) and fulfilled what the story had aimed for.
Dec 23, 2022 2:32 AM
Jan 2020
Ha! I expected live singing and moe moe before the show started, now that its the last thing Id expect, it shows up in the final showdown.

I like the show! It was original, I feel like they did what they wanted to and not try to pander to sales. Not usually a fan of all the blood but feel like they made some interesting art in the end. With all the gags they pulled throughout they actually managed to execute, fairly well, some rather interesting plot in the last few episodes.

With Maids shooting eachother Im not so sure they could have made this a full on drama, its rather daring that they tried to add a sort of emotional arc. I didnt buy fully into the drama, I mean when you got a panda hurling a bamboo spear for the deathknell, its hard to forget you are watching a fictitious show. It was enjoyable on par with other 8/10 for some episodes and as a drama it was interesting.

My first thought was an 8/10 because I love how they went for it, but the laughs and enjoyability were a little bit meh for a lot of the episodes, Im not so sure I will ever recommend the show, its just not funny enough and the drama forced and comedic at best. Still managed to tune in every week, and hold my interest, 7/10 is respectable in my book. Hope they continue to pursue art and being unpredictable. Bravo PA!
Dec 23, 2022 2:37 AM
Jan 2020
ryo-san said:
Ramen guy dead.. I'm absolutely happy that ramen shop owner got popped..
That old fart had no business hanging out with maids at war..

Ramen guy lol, why? Gratuitous, they should have cut the scene or changed it imo. Maybe I missed a grudge she held against him? Pretty miserable death, they could have made it more interesting or something,
Dec 23, 2022 3:16 AM
Dec 2022
best shit i have ever seen.
Dec 23, 2022 3:28 AM
Dec 2022
What the hell did I just watch? Such a weird but entertaining show.
Dec 23, 2022 3:31 AM

Apr 2019
who would've thought that the chuki chuki beam Axolotl girl would've been the one to put an end to both Ranko and Nagi, rip Ramen guy, well at least Nagomi lives and so does the Oinky Doinky Café, very nice Yakuza maid anime, it was fun while it lasted, too bad it's over now
Dec 23, 2022 3:33 AM
Feb 2022
The old bloody generation is over now.
Nagi's story was full of Japanese philosophy, and tsundere.
She adores violence because that was the way she got survived and also the way she got protected by her "Mom" Michiyo. But when Michiyo started to pursue peace because of Ranko, yea, the closest sister of Nagi, Nagi got twisted. She killed Michiyo since the person she once admired didn't keep the way Nagi expected, which a very typical of Japanese thinking. And also, put her closest sister in prison. Since then Nagi relied on violence to numb herself, but she actually still had residual love for Michiyo and Ranko in her heart. From Ep.11, as Ranko and Nagomi break into Nagi's room, Nagi accepted their words, maybe, I mean in my opinion, Nagi got some cured within her heart at that time and she may even get prepared to be with Ranko like they used to be. But everything turned uncontrolled as Ranko got killed. I don't really think Nagi was going to kill every buta maids, she just wants to take everything she once had and bury them with her dead heart.

10/10
Yooko_TDec 23, 2022 3:38 AM
Dec 23, 2022 3:56 AM

Feb 2022
The end is one of the best epig show of this year.
gglollDec 23, 2022 5:51 AM
Dec 23, 2022 3:59 AM
Jul 2021
WatchSymphogear said:
JoexySun said:
I was worried she was really about to betray what the story has set her up for and continue the cycle of violence, but she took the bullet instead (literally) and fulfilled what the story had aimed for.
Yes she said "tell the maids I am the mourning dark hog now". She was rude to the Ramen guy, also she tortured the cow maid for info. Still wacky but powerful ending.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akiba Maid Sensou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

eplipswich - Oct 13, 2022

171 by eldaristclosekin »»
Apr 23, 9:31 PM

Poll: » Akiba Maid Sensou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2022

393 by Hayley2877 »»
Mar 23, 10:21 AM

Poll: » Akiba Meido Sensou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 27, 2022

120 by GavrocheN7 »»
Mar 14, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Akiba Meido Sensou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2022

102 by Sealjani »»
Mar 5, 11:08 AM

Poll: » Akiba Meido Sensou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2022

164 by Gvendoline »»
Feb 8, 2:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.