Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 3, 2022 6:58 AM

Nov 2011
Well, it's interesting that Jusetsu's true nature is beginning to take surface after all work she's done. Seems she may fear her own abilities.

I wonder if the final few episodes will be her as the core focus now that her nature is much more evident.
Dec 3, 2022 9:23 AM

Apr 2016
This show certainly continues with the big name voice actors introductions. And for sure, who would have thought that musical instruments are so effective against ghosts.
Dec 3, 2022 9:37 AM

Mar 2020
Not a whole lot to say about the episode, but the power of the lute was incredible. I wonder why Gaojun seems a bit down as well.

And yet another cliffhanger, gonna be tense next week.
Dec 3, 2022 9:53 AM

Jul 2011
Now I want to see what a demon looks like.

That was interesting, Shouxue burning a physical object with her power.

Wei really need to tone down already this aggressiveness against Shouxue.

What worries me isn't the murder, but that fallen tree.
Dec 3, 2022 9:55 AM

Jul 2017
A cloth mask to seek the supernatural unknown, and the smearing of Shouxue's name that brings misfortune to all, Gaojun takes it all regardless of the circumstances.

Minister Xue Xuyong intending of Shouxue's position to keep both Jiu-jiu and Yi Siha, this is unbecoming of a Raven Consort, though he was used to following the previous Consort of Li Niang's ways. That said, we enter the mystery-of-the-week with the cloth mask, and while they already had enough trouble dealing with ghosts in prior episodes past, this case is special, for the eunuch Wen Ying is familiar with this precedent since he was part of a travelling troupe called the Red Sparrow. The thing is, most eunuchs don't really speak of their past, but since this is very concerning, the investigation must go on.

Though a series of loops with musician Yao Zuoqiu, it's learnt that Qifu Shicui is the man whose endless strumming of the lute, while his physical body hung himself dead on self-suicide thanks to the same musician, his soul still remains in the cloth mask. And the atonement to send his soul for deportation, is to force his ghastly soul out of the mask and burn whatever remains for a proper send-off.

Certainly, Shouxue has been working hard to send ghosts off calmly and collectively, but things are about to take an even darker turn with the eunuchs' discovery of blood and a dead body right at a tree stump. Definitely mysterious...
Dec 3, 2022 1:28 PM

Feb 2019
Lmao I love how the emperor just knows exactly what type of food to bring Shoxue whenever he needs a different favour. I really enjoy seeing how much more open she’s become to him too. That little face she made when he was about to leave and she was gonna be lonely was so cute.

They have both helped each other tremendously. Too bad the Eunuch still doesn’t fully trust her :/ hopefully that changes soon

Continues to be anime of the season and the most slept on gem in some time.
Marinate1016Dec 3, 2022 1:31 PM
Dec 3, 2022 1:46 PM

Dec 2015
Surprised the guy didn't try to take off the mask as soon as he saw that. The music really made the scenes more intense as he crept closer.

Another ghost saved. Makes me wonder how the palace would be if the previous Raven Consorts used their powers this way. Then again Im not sure if they did with them being more isolated than Shouxue.

On another note, holy cheeseballs the guy freaking killed her O_0.
Dec 3, 2022 2:14 PM

May 2022
Marinate1016 said:
Lmao I love how the emperor just knows exactly what type of food to bring Shoxue whenever he needs a different favour.

The Raven Consort's love of sweets is our reminder that she is actually a teenage girl. (16 years old?) It is a nice contrast to her awesome responsibility as Raven Consort to get to see the young girl who enjoys her desserts.
Dec 3, 2022 5:17 PM
Jul 2018
Am i the only one curious if the ml has 🥵 with his consorts
Dec 3, 2022 5:18 PM
Jul 2018
OG_Otaku said:
Marinate1016 said:
Lmao I love how the emperor just knows exactly what type of food to bring Shoxue whenever he needs a different favour.

The Raven Consort's love of sweets is our reminder that she is actually a teenage girl. (16 years old?) It is a nice contrast to her awesome responsibility as Raven Consort to get to see the young girl who enjoys her desserts.

How old is the emporer
Dec 3, 2022 5:38 PM

Jun 2014
OG_Otaku said:
Marinate1016 said:

yes, she is 16.

another great episode, it seems the girl who died is the one with the owl. only 3 episodes left, I hope they are worth the time for the owl and anime ending.
Dec 3, 2022 5:59 PM
Sep 2018
Wow when the ghost became calm after the old man kept playing the lute, the visuals were absolutely stunning. My mouth literally dropped. Although the mask seemed pretty interesting, I can’t imagine wearing it during COVID x)

Also wtf with the ending?! Like how the hell can the dude smell blood from far away?!?!

Shouxue x Gaojun atw 😍😍😍
Dec 3, 2022 6:22 PM

Feb 2021
I find this anime the most similar as mushishi, is relaxing, has mystery, is well crafted has meaninful endindgs.. is good ... want more !!!
Dec 3, 2022 7:24 PM

May 2022
Yupimkindabored said:

How old is the emporer

There is a fan wiki for the novels and anime. It states that the young emperor was 18 years old when he stormed the palace and took back his rightful place on the throne. At that time Shouxue Liu was 16 and had already been in the role of Raven Consort for one year. It's practically a high school romance with our young Shouxue being wooed by her senpai with sweets and little wood carvings and dates for tea.
OG_OtakuDec 3, 2022 7:27 PM
Dec 3, 2022 7:55 PM
Mar 2015
She is a soul saving woman
Dec 3, 2022 8:21 PM
Sep 2021
The mystery of the ghost who lived in the mask was solved and he was sent to paradise but looks like more troubles are coming their way to the emperor and raven consort.
I give it 5/10.
Dec 3, 2022 9:56 PM

Jul 2021
i'm positive that it was that owl dude who killed that lady. she's the same one who helped him carry that basket or whatever. but i can't believe they ended the episode again with a cliffhanger reagrding owl. ep 9 also ended on that note and this one too. they show one thing and then the whole episode deals with something completely else. not like i didn't enjoy the episode but still. they still haven't expanded more on that woman who came to shouxue to ask for ressurection of someone.

gaojun seems to be having a lot of troubles lately but i would like to believe that because of his love for shoxue he continues to take out time to visit her from his busy schedule. i was so hoping that they would show some romantic developments between shouxue and gaojun but welp, doesn't seem like it would happen, stil hoping though.

the ghost story this time was pretty tragic as well.

an excellent episdode as always. 5/5.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Dec 4, 2022 12:40 AM

May 2019
Another weekly mystery solved while another story-line continues. Looks like the owl guy may have killed the lady that helped him carry that mysteriously heavy bucket and I believe his mission is to kill Shoxue. I'm wondering if killing that lady at that spot was to draw out Shoxue, we'll see.
Dec 4, 2022 1:33 AM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
Shouxue's sneeze was so cute. Also nice to see that the scarred Eunuch is more vocal about his support towards her. I hope he'll be safe through the season; I can feel a strong attachment to that one[.

Are we thinking that the girl at the end was one of the consorts? Or potentially JiuJiu? Oh according to above, it was the extra servant we met this episode. Not going to lie, Owl Guy was eerie, but both he and bucket girl were not memorable...at all.
Dec 4, 2022 9:04 AM

Nov 2012
The King only bothers those he likes. lol
Was that Owl's body or that poor maid unlucky enough to run into him?
Dec 4, 2022 9:43 AM

Apr 2022
i instantly recognized Ishida's voice, it's so distinctive... hopefully his character has the subtle emotional nuances that he is so good at expressing (although to be frank i am highly doubtful this show can do it)
Dec 4, 2022 10:26 AM
Apr 2015
otherdummy said:
i instantly recognized Ishida's voice, it's so distinctive... hopefully his character has the subtle emotional nuances that he is so good at expressing (although to be frank i am highly doubtful this show can do it)

He will be good villan
Dec 4, 2022 3:30 PM

Feb 2018
Looks like that "owl" character has made his move.
Perhaps we'll see the beginning of a confrontation next episode.
Dec 4, 2022 5:28 PM

Jan 2008
Things are really heating up. Who was the girl that was murdered at the end?

Reading just a little bit of the wiki, just enough to not spoil myself, I see we're only on volume 2 out of 7 of the novel series. With only 3 episodes left, looks like that's where season one going to end. So in theory, there's 2.5 seasons worth of material, give or take, that they could potentially animate after this season ends. I hope they do, because I've been enjoying this ride.
Dec 5, 2022 5:14 AM

May 2020
Hmm, Jusetsu feels bad to be possessing such powers that can hurt others. Koushun is feeling down. I wonder if it’s just consort-heir problems like Jusetsu said or is it something else. The way Ei Sei reminded the other eunuch that he’s Koushun’s eunuch is not so good. He’s still wary of Jusetsu, or the powers she beholds. Who was killed under the tree though? Guess that will form the next episode.
Dec 6, 2022 6:11 AM
Apr 2015
Estoy_Gordo said:
Things are really heating up. Who was the girl that was murdered at the end?

Reading just a little bit of the wiki, just enough to not spoil myself, I see we're only on volume 2 out of 7 of the novel series. With only 3 episodes left, looks like that's where season one going to end. So in theory, there's 2.5 seasons worth of material, give or take, that they could potentially animate after this season ends. I hope they do, because I've been enjoying this ride.

Mask story is the end of vol 2
I think anime will adapt half vol 3
Dec 6, 2022 8:33 AM
Jan 2021
it has very good art style
Dec 6, 2022 4:52 PM
Mar 2019
Keep the Mysteries, drop the Romance.
Am i the only one who does not want the Raven to say yes to the Emperor??
Reading all the comments, probably Yes.
Dec 6, 2022 8:28 PM

Apr 2016
The beginning was such an outstanding scene, it made me feel uneasy and liked a lot the one when she solved the case.

More bonding between Shouxue and the emperor, good.

And the owl guy is still eerie and building up whatever he is plotting.
Dec 7, 2022 6:08 AM

Oct 2017
Is that the girl who was talking with that guy?
Dec 9, 2022 9:54 AM

Jun 2016
this show is incredibely good !!!

Dec 18, 2022 1:07 PM
Feb 2021
Who died ??? I hope it's not someone we know well.
Dec 21, 2022 11:09 AM
Jul 2018
I agreed with someone who said this show is basically just a blur of pretty art, and it's hard to remember the characters or what happens. But damn, it truly is pretty. At this point I'm staying for the visuals, Chinese aesthetics, and Shouxue.

This moment with the koi fish and the pagoda or w/e it's called was so gorgeous!

Stunning! There were some wallpaper-worthy frames in this episode
Dec 25, 2022 12:38 AM

Aug 2014
Damn, Kingdom time always full of killing
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
What I Watch This Season
Best Character & WAIFU This Season
Best OP/ED Song This Season
Dec 29, 2022 4:07 AM

Feb 2021
He just loved music so much... Why people don't leave him alone and let him grow...
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jan 6, 2023 2:27 AM

Jul 2015
So far we've only seen ghosts so I'm curious to see what a human turned demon looks like. I also like the fact that Koushun admitted to trying to put on the cursed mask lol.

Sep 9, 2023 1:24 PM

Jan 2022
Lol a national treasure...gone forever. Weird of the attendant to offer his grandchild to the emperor, although I am curious to see how old they were lol
This never updates so that's cool
Nov 4, 2023 9:13 AM

Jan 2021
This show just gets better each and every episode, feels like we've already come such a long way in not only their relationship but how the show delivers its plots.
Seriously underappreciated show!
May 5, 11:27 PM

Feb 2019
was that murdered girl the same girl who helped the owl guy earlier?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koukyuu no Karasu Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2022

81 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
May 6, 12:25 AM

Poll: » Koukyuu no Karasu Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2022

49 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
May 6, 12:05 AM

Poll: » Koukyuu no Karasu Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2022

42 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
May 5, 11:48 PM

Poll: » Koukyuu no Karasu Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2022

30 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
May 5, 11:05 PM

Poll: » Koukyuu no Karasu Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2022

43 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
May 5, 10:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.