Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 20, 2022 3:05 PM

Feb 2021
Have in the ugliest pair of chunky dripless sneakers you can find?? What sense does that make? Like if they were just some plain forces or adidas or Jordan’s that’d be cool. But they look like 1995 reeboks. Cmon now
Nov 20, 2022 3:19 PM
Nov 2020
Ethereal-peace said:
Have in the ugliest pair of chunky dripless sneakers you can find?? What sense does that make? Like if they were just some plain forces or adidas or Jordan’s that’d be cool. But they look like 1995 reeboks. Cmon now

1) Don’t assume it’s set in present day

2) Devil Hunters need to walk around all day and do lots of physically strenuous activities so they wear casual shoes.
Nov 20, 2022 3:19 PM

Jan 2021
Ethereal-peace said:
You are two years off OP and you would have the time where Chainsaw Man takes place.
Nov 20, 2022 3:21 PM

Feb 2021
PlatypusPrince16 said:
Ethereal-peace said:

1) Don’t assume it’s set in present day

2) Devil Hunters need to walk around all day and do lots of physically strenuous activities so they wear casual shoes.
I know it’s set in the 90s. They had cool shoes in the 90s. Every shoe in op I mentioned was definitely a thing in the 90s. Drip wasn’t invented yesterday lol
Nov 20, 2022 3:21 PM

Apr 2018
Ethereal-peace said:
But they look like 1995 reeboks. Cmon now
The story is set in 1997, i guess it makes sense if their shoes look like 90s shoes.
Nov 20, 2022 3:22 PM
Jan 2021
they don’t understand cause they have no drip 😎
Nov 20, 2022 3:24 PM

Feb 2021
Jfs_ said:
Ethereal-peace said:
But they look like 1995 reeboks. Cmon now
The story is set in 1997, i guess it makes sense if their shoes look like 90s shoes.
They’re the ugliest shoes ever, no one was wearing those but dads with tube socks on the grill. They could’ve done better I’m just saying
Nov 20, 2022 3:38 PM
Jul 2022
not everything in history looks cool man look at kobenis car .....
Nov 20, 2022 3:50 PM
May 2022
KrazyyPsycho said:
not everything in history looks cool man look at kobenis car .....

it's actually the best looking character design in csm wdym
Nov 20, 2022 3:55 PM
Feb 2021
Gawdly said:
Can someone tell him chainsaw man takes place in 90’s

Huh? Really I didn’t know that.
Nov 20, 2022 3:56 PM
Aug 2021
When it comes to writing usually writers don't actually care about what the characters have to wear or if it correct or not for the job they are doing. Most of the time it's just to show characteristics of the person. In this situation I would guess they are wearing suits to show the seriousness of their position in the government.

Personally I would say it's stupid because more likely the writer is just mimicking another show or a classic movie like Pulp Fiction or The X-Files due to lack of imagination as shown in the opening.

ArachonSpiderNov 20, 2022 4:00 PM
Nov 20, 2022 4:00 PM
Jul 2021
Gawdly said:

Wait really? Huh I never realized that
Nov 20, 2022 4:36 PM
Mar 2021
Ethereal-peace said:

Tell me you’re 8 without telling me you’re 8
Nov 20, 2022 6:12 PM

Aug 2020
The drip is actually inspired from Reservoir Dogs and the sneakers are also from the 90's
Nov 20, 2022 6:38 PM

Jan 2021
I would rather complain the other way around, why are they wearing those tailored looking suits when their job is killing?
Nov 20, 2022 7:09 PM
Apr 2022
Gawdly said:

They didn’t have nice shoes in the 90s?
Nov 20, 2022 7:16 PM
Apr 2022
I agree, like tbh the whole “look good while slaying devils” is the dumbest thing I barely realized. Like if you are in the process of killing very powerful supernatural beings you would want to have plenty of armor and be capable of quick and intense mobility. They are dressed like they are going to a funeral which makes zero sense. Function and style and go hand in hand: in Demon Slayer it makes sense to be wearing loose fitting clothing capable of very wide stances and swipes of the limbs. Yes, in the end it is stupid to think one would be dressed up in such a way to fight demons but on the surface the illogical nature of it doesn’t translate because the outfits are so cool and “make sense” when you don’t question it, and even when you do it’s not as bad as wearing a suit and tie with slacks lol.
Nov 20, 2022 9:18 PM
Jun 2021
Fr like I know damn well they had Jordan’s in 1997 yet they have the most dripless munted looking shoes
Nov 20, 2022 9:55 PM

Dec 2017
Ionliosite2 said:
I would rather complain the other way around, why are they wearing those tailored looking suits when their job is killing?
Valid Criticism.
Chainsaw Man doesn't have realistic clothing, it's simply a rule of cool. They're inspired by Reservoir Dogs & Pulp Fiction. If you see the character illustrations, they all wear different shoes.
[font="\"Proxima Nova Regular\", \"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"][/font]
Nov 20, 2022 11:40 PM
Mar 2022
Armisticee said:
Ionliosite2 said:
Valid Criticism.
Chainsaw Man doesn't have realistic clothing, it's simply a rule of cool. They're inspired by Reservoir Dogs & Pulp Fiction. If you see the character illustrations, they all wear different shoes.

Maybe because devil hunters from Govt Public Safety organisation have fiends and devils who get the job done. They are themselves more like supervisors.

The one thing I found odd was that the office lady whom Denji saved said that after their encounter, she realised that chainsaw man was wearing something resembling a public devil hunter uniform which makes no sense as it looks hardly different from any other office attire.
Nov 20, 2022 11:58 PM

Apr 2019
Ionliosite2 said:

thunderkitten13 said:
I agree, like tbh the whole “look good while slaying devils” is the dumbest thing I barely realized. Like if you are in the process of killing very powerful supernatural beings you would want to have plenty of armor and be capable of quick and intense mobility. They are dressed like they are going to a funeral which makes zero sense. Function and style and go hand in hand: in Demon Slayer it makes sense to be wearing loose fitting clothing capable of very wide stances and swipes of the limbs. Yes, in the end it is stupid to think one would be dressed up in such a way to fight demons but on the surface the illogical nature of it doesn’t translate because the outfits are so cool and “make sense” when you don’t question it, and even when you do it’s not as bad as wearing a suit and tie with slacks lol.

Have you people never seen Men in Black? It's literally the same thing. People wearing black suits while fighting monsters. It's very much likely that Fujimoto took the Devil Hunter uniforms from there. It's just a homage to older western movies like Men in Black, Reservoir Dogs, etc. People will find anything to criticize nowadays.
Nov 21, 2022 12:45 AM

Sep 2021
thunderkitten13 said:

I mean, except for Denji and Power (who are known to be part of an experimental group due to their conditions), the devil hunters are not actually supposed to be in close range battle with devils because they have their devil contracts that do their work for them. The clothes are probably to appeal to the public's eye.
Nov 21, 2022 1:35 AM

Sep 2022
Ethereal-peace said:

The author himself said chainsaw man is a mixture of jujutsu kaisen and dorohedoro
And every character in dorohedoro wears ugly sneakers.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 21, 2022 2:07 AM
Jun 2022
same reason men in black do
Nov 21, 2022 2:42 AM

Oct 2013
The simple answer is: why not? The not so simple answer is: the writer want them to use it.
Nov 21, 2022 3:03 AM

Sep 2020
Gawdly said:
what? I'm gonna need proof. Don't lie to me mane.

edit. I got proof. You're correct.

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Nov 21, 2022 4:21 AM
Sep 2021
Ethereal-peace said:

Plus the suits just get dirty and ripped like everyday, surely they can save money of they just wore casual stuff
Nov 21, 2022 7:30 AM

Feb 2019
Well chainsaw man takes place in 1997 so there’s your answer why they look like 1995 reeboks
Nov 21, 2022 7:46 AM

Feb 2021
Ayanokiyo768 said:
Ethereal-peace said:

The author himself said chainsaw man is a mixture of jujutsu kaisen and dorohedoro
And every character in dorohedoro wears ugly sneakers.
Imagine taking the worst aspect and not building off of it but instead just keeping the ugly part smh
Nov 21, 2022 9:49 AM

Jan 2021
King_KK said:
Ionliosite2 said:

thunderkitten13 said:

Have you people never seen Men in Black? It's literally the same thing. People wearing black suits while fighting monsters. It's very much likely that Fujimoto took the Devil Hunter uniforms from there. It's just a homage to older western movies like Men in Black, Reservoir Dogs, etc. People will find anything to criticize nowadays.

I... I know, I'm saying that his complain is barely valid if not valid at all. And I would have the same question about those movies either way, so. And before youn answer me to as why, I know it is because of Rule of Cool.
Ionliosite2Nov 21, 2022 10:05 AM
Nov 21, 2022 9:52 AM

Mar 2021
Dude wearing formal shoes while walking/running is such a hassle ong. There are more chances of slipping not to mention the feet feels more pain while in them for a long amount of time.

So the running shoes are actually suitable for them as y'know they are good for running
Nov 21, 2022 10:07 AM
Apr 2022
King_KK said:
Ionliosite2 said:

thunderkitten13 said:

So it is style over substance much like the rest of the show? Okay.
Nov 21, 2022 10:11 AM
Apr 2022
Ganyuu_ said:
thunderkitten13 said:

I mean, except for Denji and Power (who are known to be part of an experimental group due to their conditions), the devil hunters are not actually supposed to be in close range battle with devils because they have their devil contracts that do their work for them. The clothes are probably to appeal to the public's eye.

I don’t understand why they would need to look good for the public, I mean that is like police wearing suits and ties just to look nice for the public, it is illogical to jeopardize performance to appease perception. Also it is foolish to believe that just because you have a devil contract doesn’t mean you won’t need to be able to move quickly to avoid danger and pursue the enemy.
Nov 21, 2022 10:54 AM

Sep 2021
thunderkitten13 said:
Ganyuu_ said:

I don’t understand why they would need to look good for the public, I mean that is like police wearing suits and ties just to look nice for the public, it is illogical to jeopardize performance to appease perception. Also it is foolish to believe that just because you have a devil contract doesn’t mean you won’t need to be able to move quickly to avoid danger and pursue the enemy.

I agree, but still that is probably the mindset behind it. It's still evident that the devil hunters usually don't make contact with devils themselves but use their contracts for it. Again, a shit ton of them die anyway, and perhaps their chances would have been better with the proper gear.
Nov 21, 2022 11:35 AM

Feb 2021
WilfredJohnson said:
Fr like I know damn well they had Jordan’s in 1997 yet they have the most dripless munted looking shoes
Exactly! Dudes acting like The 90s was 70 years ago lol. Most popular shoes from today are probably some 90s type of inspired. Yet in csm they have the ugliest ever
Nov 21, 2022 1:35 PM

Jan 2021
The way i see it is that they've got a mandatory uniform that they have to wear but are free to choose any shoe they want. With this being set in the 90s they gonna wear the drippiest big ass basketball sneakers on the market. Also not to mention they comfy af.

チュブリツァ

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 25, 2022

860 by RafaKojiro »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 27, 2022

984 by pargz »»
Yesterday, 12:30 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 18, 2022

1141 by Hasanzade_S »»
Yesterday, 6:41 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 1, 2022

783 by xriceball26 »»
May 7, 4:21 PM

» Why wasn't it 24 episodes? ( 1 2 )

Leon888 - Apr 9

55 by Naveen6662246 »»
May 5, 12:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.