Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 29, 2022 8:13 AM
Jan 2021
I've seen many reviews about the anime but most of them are from those who played Arknights. I want to know the opinions of non Arknights players about this anime.
Oct 29, 2022 8:25 AM
May 2021
_Aokii said:
I've seen many reviews about the anime but most of them are from those who played Arknights. I want to know the opinions of non Arknights players about this anime.

Decent start I'd say. A little slow paced though and lack of bgm. Need more explanation of the plot and the disease thing too. 7/10
Oct 29, 2022 8:25 AM

Sep 2021
_Aokii said:

hello a non Arknight player here, and in my opinion the first episode was really amazing. It automaticly pulled me in. The show gave us dazzling animation and art. Overall a good episode, expecting more to come!!
Oct 29, 2022 9:29 AM

Mar 2021
never heard of this shit
Oct 29, 2022 9:31 AM

Jul 2015
As someone who played the game for only about an hour and heard plenty of "dokutah!" already, anime so far is quite good.
It is especially good, if you know that almost every gatcha game adaptation is complete garbage.

Oct 29, 2022 9:35 AM
Mar 2017
Imo the first episode is pretty bad. It starts off focused on the 'Doctor', who is pretty clearly a blank slate self-insert gacha MC. Most of the opening minutes are spent with the main female character Amiya staring directly into the camera (the Doctor's POV) and constantly saying "Doctor, Doctor, Doctor" in a concerned tone of voice.

Having characters frequently address the MC like this makes some sense within the context of a game, because it establishes and reinforces that the player's perspective is that of the MC. In the context of an anime, where the Doctor is just one of many characters in frame, it becomes distracting and frankly irritating.

Beyond that, the first episode has some mediocre action and quite a bit of artless info dump.

Given that this is only 8 episodes, I don't have high hopes. It might turn out to be decent, but it's clear that the current 8.10+ rating is inflated by fans of the game, who will naturally be the first to view and rate it.
Oct 29, 2022 10:54 AM

Mar 2018
Feels like a video game with quiet, uninteresting protagonist and a random amnesia for the sake of flooding us with exposition. So far not impressed.
Oct 29, 2022 11:10 AM
Oct 2022
sherpico said:
Imo the first episode is pretty bad. It starts off focused on the 'Doctor', who is pretty clearly a blank slate self-insert gacha MC.

I don't see the problem with blank slate self-insert MC in this anime for now. He hasn't done uncondonable/nonsensical/cringe bullshitery like other SI MCs for now.

I don't think you'll have this problem of characters calling the doctor too often in the later episodes.

sherpico said:

Beyond that, the first episode has some mediocre action and quite a bit of artless info dump.

I consider this episode to be a setup(Catastrophe, character introduction, oripathy, oppression, infecteds) for what is to come instead of an actual first episode. We haven't even moved into the plot. This is like episode 0 for me.
By itself it's mediocre because it has no hook. To make that hook on the first episode would create a lot of pacing issues and I'm glad they didn't do that.
This episode having no OP nor ED just shows that we are not in there yet.
Oct 29, 2022 3:17 PM
Apr 2022
As someone who has never played the game, it was really good. I enjoyed the sci-fi action and drama. A solid 8 so far if I were to review it, possibly 8.5.
Oct 29, 2022 5:21 PM

Jul 2020
The episode is pretty good.
Oct 29, 2022 7:21 PM
Oct 2019
as someone who never played the game, i can see the production quality was high.
Oct 29, 2022 7:42 PM
Jul 2020
"Dokutah! Dokutah! Dokutah!" I really didn't like this first scene (I didn't play the game).
For now I give it a 6.5/10.

Oct 29, 2022 8:15 PM
May 2011
sherpico said:
Imo the first episode is pretty bad. It starts off focused on the 'Doctor', who is pretty clearly a blank slate self-insert gacha MC. Most of the opening minutes are spent with the main female character Amiya staring directly into the camera (the Doctor's POV) and constantly saying "Doctor, Doctor, Doctor" in a concerned tone of voice.

Having characters frequently address the MC like this makes some sense within the context of a game, because it establishes and reinforces that the player's perspective is that of the MC. In the context of an anime, where the Doctor is just one of many characters in frame, it becomes distracting and frankly irritating.

Given that this is only 8 episodes, I don't have high hopes. It might turn out to be decent, but it's clear that the current 8.10+ rating is inflated by fans of the game, who will naturally be the first to view and rate it.
This is a more sophisticated version of my own complaints. Way too much Doctor wank to the point where the supposed leader comes off as incapable, needy, and very annoying. I'm glad people who play the game are enjoying, though.
Oct 29, 2022 9:12 PM

Jul 2019
sherpico said:

That's how it is with every popular Gacha game nowadays. Is it lame? Sure. But looking past it and seeing how it forms down the line is more important. I never played the game, but this anime is already giving off of capitalism decay vibes--something I heard it's heavily commentaries on from the game.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Oct 30, 2022 1:28 AM

Aug 2015
I played the game for like 3 weeks but that was like a year or 2 ago, and I barely remember anything about the story or if I even read it.

The quality in general is obviously impressive and is by no means average. I'm confused in terms of the story though, and I find it hard to feel excited for the next episode, but I don't deny that this first episode did its job by introducing the setting and the atmosphere of everything.

If it's trying to rope in new players, I doubt it's doing well in that area - from how I see it.
Oct 30, 2022 3:02 AM
Dec 2016
sherpico said:

Might not be welcome here since I'm an active player of the game but I do agree with the points that you've made. As a first episode it was definitely very weak, it's unavoidable since that's also how it started in the game's VN-like story telling, a lot of info dump on the first few chapters and it won't make sense until you've reach a few more chapters in. Thankfully I've heard that the anime covers up until the 4th chapter which story goes into one hell of a ride.

As for the "Dokutah Dokutah Dokutah" part, don't worry that definitely dials back way down on the next few episodes, in fact later chapters makes the Doctor less in the spotlight and make Amiya more of the main character. IMO Arknight's best qualities never came in the main story anyways, those mainly come from the world-building, if you want great stories from the game I'd say the side events are the more interesting and is stand-alone more of the time.
Nov 4, 2022 2:35 PM
Mar 2017
Soulblitz said:
As for the "Dokutah Dokutah Dokutah" part, don't worry that definitely dials back way down on the next few episodes

Idk, episode 2 dropped and it's still pretty obtrusive.

I feel like the gap between players of the game and non-players on this one is just going to get bigger. To me it feels really flat in terms of the direction/pacing/dialogue, but presumably it's more engaging if you are already invested in the characters and setting.
Nov 4, 2022 3:35 PM

Mar 2014
For a gacha game anime, it's pretty solid.

Compare and contrast with junk like Girls Frontline.
FGO NA Code: 482.072.599

(F2P thug life of savings...)

Ben-to! best nonsensical action anime. Ever.
Nov 11, 2022 8:27 PM
Dec 2020
I really don't like how they are telling the story. Didn't even know this was a video game adaption Anime going into the anime but it became really obvious because they were STUFFING it down your throat with "dokutah! dokutah!" lines. The pacing is really bland and they are having a hard time explaining the lore.

Overall they are trying to make this into a videogame playthrough, but you have no choice of what you would do if you are actually playing the game yourself which is really annoying. The first 3 episodes are just new "missions" and minibosses every 5 minutes that feel out of place and it doesn't really flow.

Dropping the series here, I might keep watching just to keep boredom away but it's not my favorite anime this season.
Nov 12, 2022 3:39 AM
Dec 2021
It's honestly quite nice not gona lie.. coming from a non Arknight Player. It actually kind of got me thinking if I should play the game or not but I'm too busy with others. I've actually seen Arknight game in Playstore many many times but the front cover of the game doesn't encourage me to play it..
Nov 12, 2022 5:20 AM

Mar 2020
Haven’t made up my mind yet, but the biggest problem I see with this show is that it expects you to already know who all of these characters are. I’m almost half way through the show and I don’t feel like I know any of the characters yet.
Nov 12, 2022 5:54 AM
Aug 2022
Ngl I could barely understand what was goin on from the first episode but so far its not been bad
Nov 12, 2022 6:04 AM

Jan 2020
As a person who has never played the game yet, I'm kind of interested in the anime
May 27, 7:38 AM
Mar 2021
Non-Arknight player.....Anime is pretty slow I am currently on episode 4 and still find it boring with Ace death. And doctor being so quiet and empty MC. No one explaining properly the storyline. Just like a game other characters telling situation. I am thinking of dropping it

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arknights: Reimei Zensou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

deg - Dec 16, 2022

94 by ChitOKun »»
May 15, 8:15 AM

» Is it canon that the doctor is a caucasian?

Papa_Scorch - Apr 23, 2023

6 by ChitOKun »»
May 15, 8:13 AM

Poll: » Arknights: Reimei Zensou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Boazanian - Oct 28, 2022

232 by bushman66 »»
Feb 27, 7:49 PM

Poll: » Arknights: Reimei Zensou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Mcsuper - Nov 18, 2022

57 by soupeatinger »»
Jan 14, 5:29 AM

» Official Survey - Which side story do you want to see animated?

Yaggamy - Nov 27, 2023

3 by 5U35 »»
Nov 29, 2023 2:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.