Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 28, 2022 4:26 AM
Sep 2021
I've enjoyed all of AMW so far, but I think this may be my favourite episode yet. I imagine it hits a little differently if you're old enough to have experienced employee training from both the trainee and trainer perspectives. The scene between Sano and Nagomi on the roof was just great. I hope we get to see Sano again; I think you could follow up on this episode and have another story where she tries to cover up how useless the Ton Tokoton crew are to save her own skin.
Oct 28, 2022 5:19 AM

Jun 2021
Alright, Shiipon just went up heaps in points for me.
You do you, girl.

Also that 24 minutes absolutely whizzed by! From my perspective that's a sign I'm having lots of fun. This might be my show of the season.
Oct 28, 2022 6:04 AM
Oct 2019
the message from this episode was fck being corporate slaves. lol
Oct 28, 2022 7:14 AM

Feb 2021
Damn it's fucking creepy watching the maids getting brainwashed. Only Shiipon realizes that this is not what being a maid is about. I threw my arms in the air when Shiipon tackled Sano and yelled 'wohooooo'.

So next on the list is the panda, huh. The action scenes have been ridiculously over the top so far that it serves as great comedic value. But I'm hoping we get more actual plot of the show next time.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Oct 28, 2022 7:29 AM

Feb 2021
Inexplicable said:
Good thing they've reversed everything to the way it was, Shiipon without makeup and with natural hair looked like shit
Agreed. The one anime girl who looks better with excessive makeup.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Oct 28, 2022 7:55 AM
Overthinker

Jun 2017
I feel like this is one of the weaker episodes. It almost felt like filler content. Was still fun though
Oct 28, 2022 7:58 AM
Mar 2022
Can we talk about how beautiful the delivery of this line was

Oct 28, 2022 8:11 AM

Oct 2008
at least an episode that doesn't have a brutal merciless headshot!
LOLZ the girls changed but it lasted a while and went back! hahah kinda pointless...
4/5.

Oct 28, 2022 9:00 AM

Nov 2012
Too freaking hilarious!
Now I have the feeling a lot of them are going to die at the end, fck.

My Candies:

Oct 28, 2022 12:16 PM

Jul 2022
having fun being a maid is more important than loyalty to the group, i learned a lot.
Oct 28, 2022 12:55 PM

Mar 2012
Getting rid of the manager would have made wonders to the anime.
Sad they reverted it, though expected.

Siphoon was cuter without the makeup, but being fine with yourself is more important and I doubt the customers that go for her would have loved the change.
Waifus only represent ideals
Oct 28, 2022 1:58 PM

Apr 2012
I didn't quite get it, was this episole supposed to make fun of Asian corporate culture or destructive psychopothalagic cults? Also, this show kills random characters so easily that after the 4th episode it starts to get a bit annoying.
Oct 28, 2022 4:28 PM

Sep 2020
RobertBobert said:
I didn't quite get it, was this episole supposed to make fun of Asian corporate culture or destructive psychopothalagic cults? Also, this show kills random characters so easily that after the 4th episode it starts to get a bit annoying.

It's not making fun of anything particular, it's a literal gag comedy that juxtaposes Akihabara maids with the yakuza underworld, and that's the selling point of this series.
Characters drop like flies because over-exaggerated brutality can be really funny.
Oct 28, 2022 5:25 PM
Oct 2014
I really liked how they changed the OP and Zoya wasnt covered with the scribbles now that shes veen revealed , that's such a cool subtle touch
Oct 28, 2022 7:30 PM

Jan 2021
Man like 2/3 of the cast got brainwashed that episode. Its like they all lost common sense and their distinctive personalities. Except Ranko she's the only one to stay like her stotic self. Not going to lie, they really should have punched that lady in the first five minutes.
Oct 28, 2022 8:53 PM
Jan 2021
PurpleMagic said:
Man like 2/3 of the cast got brainwashed that episode. Its like they all lost common sense and their distinctive personalities. Except Ranko she's the only one to stay like her stotic self. Not going to lie, they really should have punched that lady in the first five minutes.

... to be more precise "the story construction is not like what is shown on the screen."
Oct 28, 2022 9:36 PM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
Ranko be like this is supposed to be hellish training right because she's as normal as ever despite all that and also "Got busted 15 years ago" means she got jail time I believe?
Oct 28, 2022 9:51 PM

Apr 2012
Avvenirista said:
RobertBobert said:

It's not making fun of anything particular, it's a literal gag comedy that juxtaposes Akihabara maids with the yakuza underworld, and that's the selling point of this series.
Characters drop like flies because over-exaggerated brutality can be really funny.

So, this is a gag show, so their jokes don't make any sense? Logically.
Oct 29, 2022 12:35 AM

Sep 2020
Aren't they just back where they started? Still owing sweets money. I don't see the point of going through all that training to suddenly go back on it. Why couldn't they stage a coup before they got abused, beaten, and humiliated? Weird episode overall.

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Oct 29, 2022 12:48 AM

Sep 2020
kyou_on said:
So some here are actually simping for Sano, her brainwashing and the cult while trashing Shippon for resisting? Wow just wow.

The only reason why the maid cafe is in debt is because the cult demands those “sweet” money. Instead of tackling the root cause (the cult), some of you actually blame the cafe manager and think she’s the one causing the downfall of the cafe. Like wtf?
Well they're back to the same situation, still owing sweets money. Their manager is incompetent as hell and always puts the maids through all sorts of bullshit so she has some responsibility. She is in debt with Creatureland and her schemes to get out of debt make the situation worse. You can't say Creatureland is at fault for simply demanding that their money be paid.

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Oct 29, 2022 1:42 AM

May 2019
This anime is so random and unique, and I've been enjoying it because of that. This episode did have some character development and we also got a hint of Ranko's past, something that happened 15 years ago.

This episode also focused on Shiipon and how she refused to be brainwashed. She looked fine with and without makeup but glad she chose to look how she wants. She also got the manager and panda to come back and with a rocket launcher (where the hell did they get that?! lol). At least the training was not all a loss as Nagomi improved on her omurice ketchup designs. 👍
Oct 29, 2022 1:42 AM

Jul 2019
The "Moe!" butt slap sound won't go away from my head for a couple of days.
Oct 29, 2022 2:07 AM
Mar 2021
best episode yet i felt like
Oct 29, 2022 2:13 AM

Sep 2020
RobertBobert said:
Avvenirista said:

Maybe they're flying over your head but the jokes makes sense, all of them.
Oct 29, 2022 2:22 AM

Oct 2016
Holy fuck, this show man lmao. You can never predict what the next episode is gonna be about.

Whoever thought of replacing Yakuzas with Maids is a fucking a genius.

Poor Nagomi, but everytime she gets traumatized is just damn hilarious lmao, her VA is fucking great.

The Manager is not human man, she's built different, while the Panda is actually a human.

Shiipon was great this episode too, while Ranko just goes with the flow more or less. Really looking forward to see what fucked up shit the next episode will bring.
Oct 29, 2022 5:41 AM

Apr 2012
Avvenirista said:
RobertBobert said:

LOL what? First you try to shame me for trying to understand the joke, and now you try to shame me for supposedly not seeing the point in them? What?
Oct 29, 2022 8:55 AM

Sep 2020
RobertBobert said:
Avvenirista said:

LOL what? First you try to shame me for trying to understand the joke, and now you try to shame me for supposedly not seeing the point in them? What?

What are you even going about here?
I don't even understand how can you have any problem understanding the gags/jokes when every comedic moment in this show is shown with complete sincerity.
Oct 29, 2022 8:57 AM

Apr 2012
Avvenirista said:
RobertBobert said:

I don't even understand how can you have any problem understanding the gags/jokes when every comedic moment in this show is shown with complete sincerity.

Did I say anywhere that I don't get the jokes on this show? Several times you completely misunderstood the rather obvious sarcasm on my part, but at the same time you are trying to shame me for "not understanding the jokes."
Oct 29, 2022 9:25 AM

Sep 2020
RobertBobert said:
Avvenirista said:

Did I say anywhere that I don't get the jokes on this show? Several times you completely misunderstood the rather obvious sarcasm on my part, but at the same time you are trying to shame me for "not understanding the jokes."

Are you trying the rewrite the conversation, a conversation that happened in this very page?
You ask what was the joke surrounding the episode and criticize the choice to have characters die frequently, to which I reply saying that the episode didn't make fun of anything in particular because the series' shtick is simply fusing the Akiba maid culture with the ruthless criminal underworld and that the repeated ultra violence scenes are meant to enhance the wacky nature of the show, so you then make a snarky reply about the gag not making any sense and start to accusing me of ''shaming'' you and misreading your sarcasm.
I'd say that you need a rest or something.
Oct 29, 2022 9:38 AM

Apr 2012
Avvenirista said:
RobertBobert said:

Are you trying the rewrite the conversation, a conversation that happened in this very page?
You ask what was the joke surrounding the episode and criticize the choice to have characters die frequently, to which I reply saying that the episode didn't make fun of anything in particular because the series' shtick is simply fusing the Akiba maid culture with the ruthless criminal underworld and that the repeated ultra violence scenes are meant to enhance the wacky nature of the show, so you then make a snarky reply about the gag not making any sense and start to accusing me of ''shaming'' you and misreading your sarcasm.

You still don't understand that my question was sarcasm? And I really can't find repeating the same joke annoying, seriously?
Oct 29, 2022 9:52 AM

Sep 2020
RobertBobert said:
Avvenirista said:

You still don't understand that my question was sarcasm? And I really can't find repeating the same joke annoying, seriously?

Stop backpedaling, that wasn't sarcasm, the fact you seriously asked it gives it away.
If the jokes don't speak to you that's obviously fine and all, to each their own, but claiming that said jokes don't make any sense and are annoying because you feel they're overplayed (they're not, at all) is a complete different story.
Oct 29, 2022 9:55 AM

Apr 2012
Avvenirista said:
RobertBobert said:

Stop backpedaling, that wasn't sarcasm, the fact you seriously asked it gives it away.
If the jokes don't speak to you that's obviously fine and all, to each their own, but claiming that said jokes don't make any sense and are annoying because you feel they're overplayed (they're not, at all) is a complete different story.

It was sarcasm whether you like it or not. If you're non-ironically trying to convince myself that I wasn't being ironic in order to save your the opportunity to shaming me for something, then you are the one who really needs a rest.
Oct 29, 2022 10:25 AM

Sep 2020
RobertBobert said:
Avvenirista said:

It was sarcasm whether you like it or not. If you're non-ironically trying to convince myself that I wasn't being ironic in order to save your the opportunity to shaming me for something, then you are the one who really needs a rest.

Why even attempt to try to save face when you're so clearly full of it?
Why are you trying to convince me that the following posts are sarcastic?
RobertBobert said:
RobertBobert said:

Where is the bloody sarcasm? First post is you asking earnestly questions and the second post is you simply being snooty.
Just give it a rest with this victim complex and constant accusations of me trying to ''shame'' you (over what and what for?).
Oct 29, 2022 10:31 AM

Apr 2012
Avvenirista said:
RobertBobert said:

RobertBobert said:
RobertBobert said:

Where is the bloody sarcasm? First post is you asking earnestly questions and the second post is you simply being snooty.
Just give it a rest with this victim complex and constant accusations of me trying to ''shame'' you (over what and what for?).

Yes, this is sarcasm. The second post even has the ironic "Logically". However, if you continue to take this as personally as possible in order to argue for the sake of an argument, then I should probably just add you to the ignore list and forget about it. Goodbye.
Oct 29, 2022 10:38 AM

Sep 2020
RobertBobert said:
Avvenirista said:

Yes, this is sarcasm. The second post even has the ironic "Logically". However, if you continue to take this as personally as possible in order to argue for the sake of an argument, then I should probably just add you to the ignore list and forget about it. Goodbye.

Just a little advice: what you personally perceive as sarcastic is in fact incredibly cheeky.
If you want to block me or ignore me to expel yourself from the convo then suit yourself, I don't mind.
Oct 29, 2022 11:26 AM
Feb 2022
Muy entretenido. Me hubiese gustado que Shiion mantuviera el castaño un poco más. Espero que se den cuenta que al volar la obra de madera que hicieron de Kedamono Rando, ahora seguro serán enemigas de la organización.
Oct 29, 2022 7:27 PM
Aug 2022
It wasy favourite BECAUSE it was random and this anime really benefits from that weird randomnes and over the top reactions. I don't think you can't blame an comedy action focus anime too hard that it don't focus on story and it progresson
Oct 29, 2022 10:06 PM

Jul 2016
FINALLY someone acknowledges how ugly Shiipon looks with that excessive makeup. Those few seconds of her with a washed face and natural hair color were indeed a blessing.

So... what was the point of this episode again? We only got a brief glimpse of who runs this mafia but other than that, practically everything returned to how it was in the beginning. Such a waste of time smh.
Oct 29, 2022 11:33 PM

Aug 2014
Maan, this show is so absurd it is so funny. Especially the Manager XD
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
What I Watch This Season
Best Character & WAIFU This Season
Best OP/ED Song This Season
Oct 30, 2022 1:27 AM

Feb 2016
NAGOMI IS MY GODDESS

I hope they reveal who is inside the Panda costume, that secret is so fkng random I laugh just thinking about it.
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
Oct 30, 2022 3:54 AM

Oct 2022
Lmao manager casually put the tea cup she drinking inside her pants! Shiipon without make up actually looked nice tho.
Oct 30, 2022 8:35 AM

Jan 2022
It's still a weird idea executed at the perfection, every episode is great. I hope next episode has even more gunfights LETS GO
I like everything, ok
Oct 30, 2022 10:46 AM

Jun 2019
Shiipon looked much better without her makeup and I don't like her tbh. Idk why but Sano sensei was such a good teacher. I didn't like they became like they used to. The manager is funny but at the same time, are you not running a business? Come on...
Oct 30, 2022 1:09 PM

Nov 2013
Shiipon looked decent without her ugly makeup but whatever, I guess...

Funny how the manager literally ate from garbage bins yet she somehow materialized a freaking bazooka out of thin air xD

Still wondering why this particular café isn't yet declared rogue and targeted by assassin maids from all over Tokyo.
Oct 30, 2022 11:54 PM
Apr 2016
SNAP OUT OF IT! BAZOOKAAAA!
Oct 31, 2022 4:42 AM
Sep 2018
Damn most maids were easily got brainwashed after Sano threw them off the roof , it’s literally wild!

Btw I really wanna see Pandas secret identity 🐼
Oct 31, 2022 2:45 PM

Jun 2015
Not watched it yet. But I had to jump through hoops, google searched the titled, brought me back around to hidive, even when logged in and watching this show weekly did not display in my next watch. I had high hopes for hidive given its content, but its just another shill platform advertising shit which you have to fight through to watch the shows you want.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Oct 31, 2022 3:10 PM

Jun 2015
Got there in the end. The yanks could learn a thing or too watching this eps. Dont mess in other peoples business.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Nov 1, 2022 1:37 AM
Jul 2019
I cried at the end. Another episode, another unforgettable masterpiece. It will surely live on as an artistic achievement in the minds of generations to come long after the works of Homer, Shakespeare, Dante, Etc. are all forgotten. Sasuga P.A. Works.
Nov 2, 2022 3:21 PM

Feb 2018
That fact that they went through such a tough regime and it still ended up how it usually is was perfect.
Really liked this episode.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akiba Maid Sensou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

eplipswich - Oct 13, 2022

171 by eldaristclosekin »»
Apr 23, 9:31 PM

Poll: » Akiba Maid Sensou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2022

393 by Hayley2877 »»
Mar 23, 10:21 AM

Poll: » Akiba Meido Sensou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2022

320 by ShoeWithNoSoul »»
Mar 10, 10:54 AM

Poll: » Akiba Meido Sensou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2022

102 by Sealjani »»
Mar 5, 11:08 AM

Poll: » Akiba Meido Sensou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2022

164 by Gvendoline »»
Feb 8, 2:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.