Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Betrayal Knows My Name
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 2, 2010 12:04 PM

Jun 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

This was actually a pretty good episode, even though Yuki's still crying a little too much.

Also,

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll116/xthe_punisherx/Uraboku.jpg

Awesome.
May 2, 2010 1:24 PM

Jul 2008
Awh I cry too (;_;).
So cruel ! his power his power is to take the pain of others on himself ...
Awh~ alredy his not on the good mood, with that yuki will be destroy ...

Arg I'm too sensitive !
May 2, 2010 2:05 PM

Jul 2008
Why am I watching this..?

So touching, my ass :<
That was one of the worst things ever seen..

Yuki.. She He is so annoying. I'm sure he didn't used to be just a mere girl.. She he has to be a reincarnation of Inoue... But she is still better than this crybaby.

The first episodes were so stupid in their deplorableness, it made me laugh.. But now it's only getting worse and worse... It's no longer funny. It's just pathetic.

I have to be crazy, but I'm going to watch the next episode..

And today talking about toothbrush.. Is it the next thing after nail clippers Luka doesn't use?
ChuncMay 3, 2010 8:13 AM
May 2, 2010 2:37 PM

Feb 2009
Man-tears are such a exaggeration as a last resort for drama. Ugh.

May 2, 2010 3:27 PM

Apr 2008
malful said:
Why I am watching this..?

That's my Question of the Week.
I keep asking myself why do I even bother... yet I can't bring myself to drop it. This show is strangely appealing. And still less lame than Hakouki.

...it's not that of an achievement, though xD'
May 2, 2010 4:11 PM

Jun 2009
Awesome ep cant wait for the next ep and a sleeping luka xD
5/5
May 2, 2010 7:19 PM

Nov 2007
Yuki's power is back, but it's so painful.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 2, 2010 9:32 PM

Apr 2007
My gosh this show is so corny I kept laughing at all the "serious" moments. Its also unbelievably cliche. I mean really, best friend since childhood is secretly final boss working from the shadows who saw that coming. And yet somehow, I have no idea how, its still not bad enough to drop. Why.
May 3, 2010 5:06 AM

Apr 2010
it was awesome ep 5/5
May 3, 2010 7:58 AM

Oct 2007
One of the many shows that only has good concept but never passed that point. *cough* *vampire Knight*

Siva OUT!!!

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
May 3, 2010 8:16 AM

Jun 2008
God can someone shoot Yuki?! im a boys love fan but in this case i totally prefer the Yuki girl version. How can a guy cry so much in one damn episode?! Epic fail as main character.
About Luka, he´s kinda repetitive in his quotes, no?=_= "i wont betray you" x 1000000000000
We already know he wont betray Yuki (it would be a funny sick twist if he in the end betrays him, since he spends all the damn show repeating the same quote:P)
Anyway, he´s Hot as ever. Loved Touko and Tsukumo:D
I´ll keep watching this, although its so cliché, lol.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

May 3, 2010 9:05 AM

Jun 2009
Yuki-chaaannn!! why do make me cry tooT_T (*sob*sob*) Oh Toko-chan hugging Yuki was cute^^ Yuki-chan sure cries a lot, hahaha

lol at the preview, Luka was talking about toothbrushesXD
jjihhyeMay 3, 2010 9:13 AM

May 3, 2010 7:02 PM

Mar 2010
A good episode, kind of predictable, I still don't understand why they made Yuki a guy.
May 4, 2010 4:31 AM

Apr 2009
Orulyon said:
About Luka, he´s kinda repetitive in his quotes, no?=_= "i wont betray you" x 1000000000000
We already know he wont betray Yuki (it would be a funny sick twist if he in the end betrays him, since he spends all the damn show repeating the same quote:P)

Lol, I'd love that xD

Anyway, why isn't Uzuki's seiyuu listed? D: I like him and I don't recognise him, boohoo.
Ishida is the big bad, yay. Obvious from the very first episode. (Btw, he sounds so much better when he's doing evil/mischievous characters than when he's all nice and sweet xP)
The punishment scene was pretty cool, but overall the show is so corny it hurts my very being. And somehow I'm still not dropping this.

"THANK YOU FOR sending me threatening letters wanting to kill me so bad that a freaking demon thingy inhabited your body BEING MY FRIEND"
One Brightslap please, thank you.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
May 4, 2010 6:03 AM

Feb 2009
I liked this episode that it made go ask for spoilers from my friends who read the manga so to clear somethings I want to know.

I really don't care about Yuki that much since from the very first episode it's given that HE IS such a nice with is compassionate with almost everybody... but I don't find that annoying too much, cause at least he can do something unlike other crybaby characters.

Even though he repeats that freaking line, it won't stop me from staring at how hot he is and how hot SAKURAI's voice is ^^;

And now, the biggest question for me is why Reiga/Kanata is nice to Yuki despite that he knows he'll eventually be against him since he's now with the Giou Clan...
At first I was like, (╬ ಠ益ಠ)
Σ(゚∀´(┗┐ヽ(・∀・ )ノ <--- Then I was like
In the end, I was \(▽ ̄\( ̄▽ ̄)/ ̄▽)/ヤッタァー!!
May 4, 2010 3:01 PM

Sep 2009
Finally this is getting interesting....

Blood!!!!!!!!!!!

I seriously could take another ep of "I'm a girl in a boy's body in love with another boy"
May 4, 2010 11:51 PM

Jul 2008
not the most original name i've heard for classification, but oh, well
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
May 5, 2010 4:25 AM

Oct 2009
mollymarie said:
A good episode, kind of predictable, I still don't understand why they made Yuki a guy.

To please all the fangirls.
May 5, 2010 2:02 PM

May 2008
Omg! Tsukumo's neck wound is acting up D: He's gonna go berserk. Quick! Someone get him some blood tablets!

....oh wait..I forgot this isn't Vampire Knight.

I know this show is absolutely nothing like VK, but it's too easy to pick at since a lot of VK VAs are in here, and also the way they're drawn in the manga look extremely similar to VKs characters.

Other than that, I guess Yuki's one of those characters that would possibly seem less annoying as a girl, since he used to be one. I don't have a problem with him now though. There are many characters that are far more annoying.

May 6, 2010 6:04 PM

Aug 2009
Oh God! I know that almost everyone things this show as cliché and yes I can tell why myself. But I can't help loving it despite all that! Whatever you say I'll keep loving it! lol
And I never liked Vampire Knight that much anyway.. so yeah I'm really enjoying this much more for now! It has something that draws me in and no i'm not a big LB fan.. this episode was really good, loved the fighting parts, were really intense. I can't wait for the continuation of the story! the music is fantastic and so is the voice acting and the art! I especially love Luka's seiyu, he is amazing!
“In a mad world, only the mad are sane.”Akira Kurosawa
May 7, 2010 1:53 AM

Jan 2009
I really like this ep, so beautiful yet so sad. 5/5
and also love Luka's expression almost everytime he looked at Yuki in this one (you can feel the love ^o^)
looks like next ep is gonna be interesting as well ^-^
can't wait to see Hotsuma & Shusei <333
MikityMay 7, 2010 1:07 PM
May 7, 2010 7:17 AM

Nov 2009
lol, best line:
"Damn, why the hell did i only send a MID-villain?"
I have to admit the story is reasonably good but it is just executed good enough. Although i have to say the only part of the show that was emotional was when the kids were afraid of Yuki. Otherwise i don't know how he shed tears for a guy that told him he was useless.
May 7, 2010 11:08 AM

Apr 2009
The story of this anime indeed looks interesting, but this anime is one more proof how an anime production team can totoally ruin the whole thing.

1) Yuki's voice is terrible
2) It's filled with cliche poses, words, actions, etc
3) Shounen-ai, jeez
4) Incest jeez
5) Animation sucks a lot at particular moments

The only thing that makes me watch it and that made addicted is the design of Luka. I dunno, but his face+his hair+Sakurai Takahiro=amazingly beautiful.

I don't like idle talks about characters like this, but Luca's the only thing that keeps me watching Uragiri.

Btw, I've heard that manga's a lot better, not fileld with that much drama and useless crying..
Sig Removed. Hosting site unavailable and giving fall virus readings
May 7, 2010 4:47 PM

Jan 2010
I really liked this, but some people were right, Yuki cries too much. Other than that, Zess (Luka) was kick ass in killing the pinned down Mid-Villain dude. That's my favorite part of the episode.
4/5
May 7, 2010 8:27 PM

Jul 2008
Can someone explain to me why when Yuki saw his classmate on the roof, with the tied up children, he assumed the classmate was on his side? How was him pulling the knife surprising at all?
May 7, 2010 8:40 PM

Sep 2009
this episode was pretty good :)
this series just keeps getting better and better for me with each episode xD
there was a lot of crying a bit too much but i wouldn't call it useless crying :)
Also know Zess is letting Yuki call him Luka hehe ^_^
the fight scene was really good and im curious about Lukas past and who he betrayed :)

May 9, 2010 3:45 AM

Jun 2008
JEEEZ yuki stop crying :/
i like this series .. wish they don't do anything and kiss xD .. i prefer normal animez on the shounen ai/Yaoi .. they didn't do anything like that in manga though .. so i guess it's clean :)
Zess is the best !!!
but why they cut the comedy moments from the anime ?? they R a lot of them in the manga =_=
May 11, 2010 7:18 AM
Jun 2008
I think I starting to get a feeling that I think Luka is kinda Cool.....
When the blood fall on the ground.I think my heart stop for 1 second >.<
The CG is very nice..don't really feel "fake" at all ,maybe because I get used to it already LOL
Epic episode with alot of Action and emotion but so less romance >.<
(since I am a loyal torrent downloader from Nyaatorrent,Its seem the torrent there is kinda slow when it come to this series... )
May 13, 2010 2:51 AM

Oct 2009
"Luka,Luka,Luka,Luka!!" XD

Best episode so far.
May 14, 2010 2:49 PM

May 2008
Well, I loved the fight scene, but Yuki's crying really started to get too much now. It was ok at the beginning but for now the less more~
May 29, 2010 5:28 AM

Dec 2009
Can't believe that i thought this would be even a little bit decent ..
DuzellMay 29, 2010 5:36 AM
Jun 8, 2010 11:42 AM
Jun 2010
whaaaattt ?

Demons with hierarchy ? Am I watching bleach ? Espada ? ;D

Main guy, who used to be a girl... ok, but did they have to give him HEALING power ? too many anime have girls = healers :/

Why were the kids afraid of him ? he didn't do nothing o_O ?!

And yhy the hell is the opening like the one in bleach ? (the guy with the sword in a graveyard with crosses all over the place + rotation oO)

Jul 16, 2010 6:03 PM

Mar 2010
loved it, Luka.... zess sounds way better

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Aug 5, 2010 5:36 PM

Mar 2008
LeeNoriega said:
The story of this anime indeed looks interesting, but this anime is one more proof how an anime production team can totoally ruin the whole thing.

1) Yuki's voice is terrible
2) It's filled with cliche poses, words, actions, etc
3) Shounen-ai, jeez
4) Incest jeez
5) Animation sucks a lot at particular moments

The only thing that makes me watch it and that made addicted is the design of Luka. I dunno, but his face+his hair+Sakurai Takahiro=amazingly beautiful.

I don't like idle talks about characters like this, but Luca's the only thing that keeps me watching Uragiri.

Btw, I've heard that manga's a lot better, not fileld with that much drama and useless crying..

just have to quote you because i totally agree with you :/
everything is just SO cliche and predictable .. i'm usually okay with it but this time i can't stand it anymore. i've no problem at all with shounen-ai but.. they way it is presented here bugs me, too.. either they make yuki a girl or a guy but no reincarnation shit pls. (i actually think it'd have been better if yuki was a SHE) i only like luka that's all.. yuki is so annoying and i can't stand weak characters.. and here it's just too much :| also the anime reminds me of SO many animes i've seen before.. just to name a few: vampire knight, loveless, gravitation, monochrome factor, nabari no ou, gakuen heaven ...
i'm sure there are even more that i have yet to see..
also, the character designs feel like they're copies from other existing anime chara's.. tsukumo = zero from vampire knight
touko reminds me of misa from death note (esp. this episode when she was wearing those 2 pigtails)
yuki = sacrifice? >> loveless
luka also kinda reminds me of monochrome factor
giou = soubi from loveless
Mar 1, 2011 4:19 AM

Dec 2009
To each their own, I guess. I can't continue to watch this series. Who knows, I may revisit it someday; its been known to happen.

I loved the art, & the story was interesting. I only have one beef with this series...Yuki is a complete & utter wuss!

Ugh...no thanks. I find little merit in such things.

For those of you who are enjoying it, I get it. I just happened to run into a wall on this one.
Aug 3, 2013 2:35 AM

Jan 2008
Interesting episode n cool to but waiting for more.
Sep 4, 2021 3:52 PM
Aug 2020
Zees and Yuki are so dramatic at 19:00 lol
Mar 17, 3:17 PM
Jun 2021
Had enough of Luka saying 'I will never betray you'- we got the memo, dude! And why is Yuki the typical, clueless uke T_T

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru Episode 5 Discussion

SephiriAzure - May 9, 2010

47 by ThatWheatFlour »»
Mar 18, 10:53 AM

Poll: » Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru Episode 2 Discussion

starrysky - Apr 18, 2010

48 by ThatWheatFlour »»
Mar 16, 2:35 PM

Poll: » Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - Apr 9, 2010

79 by ThatWheatFlour »»
Mar 16, 1:55 PM

» Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru 2nd season???

meowskie - Sep 20, 2010

21 by misscherie »»
Nov 1, 2023 12:42 PM

Poll: » Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru Episode 3 Discussion

Airitoizzy - Apr 25, 2010

30 by Lubianka_ »»
Aug 28, 2023 5:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.