Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 19, 2022 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
It's a damn goblin invasion. Honestly, this episode gives the idea that goblin mobs are no joke when they come all attacking at once.

Fran is quite a champ for taking on goblins though. She isn't the best warrior but Fran makes quite an impression. And lol, the bath fan service. Master becoming conscious of the opposite sex? Ha
LeknaatDec 21, 2022 4:54 AM
Oct 19, 2022 8:10 AM

Feb 2020
Fran owned the goblins pretty nicely. Good job, girl!

Also, interesting info dump about those gods.

Now it's time for the big boss. I can't wait for the next episode!

SerafosOct 19, 2022 11:28 AM
Oct 19, 2022 8:38 AM
Sep 2015
Oh, now we have a definition when an army of goblin raid the village, "Goblin Stampede".
Oct 19, 2022 9:05 AM

Jul 2017
The terrifying goblin stampede...that pushes Fran to become stronger than she could ever be, she's a certified Goblin Slayer Killer.

Garrus wasn't surprised that Fran was trying to subdue the goblins, but didn't think that she would go THIS far to subdue the stampede right at its core of a man-made nest looking like the entrance to a dungeon. The situation is grave enough for guildmaster Klimt to declare an emergency and trigger the best adventurers alongside D-rank Donadrond to subdue this stampede.

The God of Chaos spawns dungeons out of nowhere, and rewards adventurers for their persistence should they survive, and this is looking to be no different. But before that, Fran would take a bath to purify herself, and taking Teacher with her for a cleanse, they really need it. Certainly a surprise seeing Nell in the bath also, providing more infodump for the monsters that they see now being fragments of the former God.

Teacher gets Garrus's new scabbard for their dungeon debut on the goblin stampede subjugation, which is lead by Donadrond to defeat both goblin king and queen, plus the dungeon master. Unfortunately, the goblins' sudden attack disseminates the team in complete disarray, and both Fran and Teacher take things into their own account, firing a path into the goblin dungeon.

Steal all the glory, Fran.
KANLen09Oct 20, 2022 12:41 PM
Oct 19, 2022 9:08 AM

Jul 2020
Well, looks like this show's not planning on getting interesting. Dropping this insufferable snoozefest
Oct 19, 2022 9:14 AM

Jul 2011
Was good all the worldbuild thing, but more action would welcome.

While everyone is on the conventional weapon fighting, Fran is casting fireball.
Oct 19, 2022 9:34 AM

Jan 2012
Another good episode. It’s time for a boss fight next week.
Oct 19, 2022 9:35 AM

Jul 2022
Fran is unimpeachably cute and deserves all of the praise and Teacher's devotion.
I was leery of a sword isekai, but I'm definitely along for the ride this season.
I enjoy the momentum of the story, it seems slow and quick at the same time.
I have a feeling I'll be binging this one more than once after it has been released as a full season.
Oct 19, 2022 9:38 AM
Nov 2021
The only thing i'm bummed out about is that Fran isn't getting her dark cloak like in the LN/Manga and Opening. I can only imagine it was too much work to animate, and they had to change it after being done with the opening.

Otherwise, this is a great adaptation on all fronts. Loved her moment before the opening.
Oct 19, 2022 9:47 AM

Feb 2018
BEST BATTLE THEME
Oct 19, 2022 10:21 AM

May 2020
*Goblins exist*
Anime protags: Time to level up.

Anyways again fascinating to see Fran with such a cutsey tone doing the work of hell god.
Oct 19, 2022 10:28 AM
Nov 2021
Softhenic03 said:
*Goblins exist*
Anime protags: Time to level up.

Anyways again fascinating to see Fran with such a cutsey tone doing the work of hell god.

I don't disagree, but i'd say they've done a good job making the goblins feel like they're more than just a walking bag of XP.
Tons of different designs, adventurers are getting hurt, cooperation between gobs, magic, ranged attacks.
Oct 19, 2022 11:14 AM

Jul 2021
Great episode.

Fran is progressing at a fast pace. She's becoming more and more strong. It's kinda surprising to see her become that strong. The sword can help her to some extent but at the end it's her who has to wield it. She's getting that invaluable experience required to become strong by slaying all those goblins. Still goblins are the lowest of lowest mobs, it's about time we got to see her fight some boss.

Looking forward to next episode.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Oct 19, 2022 11:16 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Ah, the worldbuilding episode. Needed for such a fantasy focused isekai to give more context.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Oct 19, 2022 11:19 AM

Aug 2019
Donadrond: Let's do a strategy meeting for the dungeon.
Fran: Leeroy jenkins!!!

Goblin Slayer earned the title after a year of killing goblins.
Fran only needed a day to ear the title, hah!
Fran be like: "Look at me. I'm the Goblin Slayer now!"
Oct 19, 2022 11:25 AM

Jul 2022
why are goblins always discriminated against :(
Oct 19, 2022 11:34 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Once again these annoying goblins... the midair technique was great though xD Now seems like it's time to defeat them directly in the cave
Oct 19, 2022 11:35 AM
Apr 2022
Fran’s bravery and tenacity knows no bounds. This episode was really fascinating, the concept of dungeons and goblin stampedes was explained really well. But more than anything, seeing Fran acting so cute was just bliss. Also, that bath scene lol.
Oct 19, 2022 11:39 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Goblin Slayer has some competition as she has killed over 100 goblins reaching level 12. So the world is not just swords and magic, but various gods exist. A dungeon has appeared and Fran has set off to clear it by slaying the Goblin King and Queen and beating the Dungeon Master.
Oct 19, 2022 11:51 AM
Nov 2021
A pinch of bathing, a teaspoon of goblin slaying and a heavy helping of mythology, great episode

Why is he asking her to break one of her legs?

Choir "o a i å, a i e å" goes hard frfr

Goodbye
Oct 19, 2022 12:04 PM

Nov 2013
NotAnApartment said:
A pinch of bathing, a teaspoon of goblin slaying and a heavy helping of mythology, great episode

Why is he asking her to break one of her legs?

Choir "o a i å, a i e å" goes hard frfr

Goodbye

lol i'm probably being trolled but
break a leg means "do your best" in theater , they also said "gambare" which means "do your best"
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Oct 19, 2022 12:08 PM

Sep 2019
Well the bathing scene was a bit shortened compared to the manga.
Lemme spare you the details, its chapter 9 in the manga ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
You can see all those girls in their UNCENSORED glory, excluding Fran ofc. Only headpats for Fran.
SajonjiOct 19, 2022 12:12 PM
I'm not reading any replies or comments directed at me at all. I know my truth and if you disagree: that's fine but i couldn't give a damn about :)

Oct 19, 2022 12:49 PM
Mar 2019
the "Teacher" getting emberassed when a kid. A LITERAL KID asked him or it to bath together. Like dude... no. You are a grown up, this is no place to be concious of anything or shy. If this trend of "fanservice" for a kid continues i will drop this show without second thought, cuz this shit is disgusting and ruins the show imo.
Oct 19, 2022 1:38 PM

Oct 2020
I'm impressed with Fran's determination to push forward through the horde of goblins.
Oct 19, 2022 2:55 PM
Jul 2019
Love how fran action
Oct 19, 2022 3:04 PM
Feb 2020
Fran needs to learn that she will ALWAYS be weak until she learns that she can't fight entirely alone
Even Goblin Slayer knew that
Until she has trusted allies (beyond Teacher and Nell) she can't fight full out
BastionoOct 19, 2022 3:12 PM
Oct 19, 2022 3:16 PM
Jul 2020
reincarnated as a simp
Oct 19, 2022 5:12 PM
Oct 2019
Fran are so adorable...
i love the Battle OST, it get you hyped up!!

Goblin Slayer must be proud of her.
Oct 19, 2022 5:33 PM

Feb 2018
Nice that Fran was able to get some downtime, even if it was only a little.
The way that its introduced us to these "dungeons" I just hope it won't be an easy thing for her to defeat.
Seeing a challenge and her being able to overcome it and get much stronger would make her journey to evolving much better.
Also thinking that I wouldn't mind starting to read this again, but after this season has aired of course.
Oct 19, 2022 5:54 PM

Jan 2018
Inexplicable said:
Well, looks like this show's not planning on getting interesting. Dropping this insufferable snoozefest

I find your comment and opinion to be... inexplicable.
ba dum tsss.
I'll see my self out.
Also what do you think of The Hat and the Travelers of the Books ??? I notice you had that one recently updated on your list and I've had it on my watching list for months now but I never get to it.
Oct 19, 2022 6:46 PM
Feb 2021
Fran is so badass.
Oct 19, 2022 6:53 PM
Nov 2021
It seems odd that the Goblin King isn't the dungeon boss. I like how serious Fran is, it makes her broken abilities with Teacher endearing in a way.
Oct 19, 2022 7:30 PM

May 2015
Fran is hardcore but simultaneously adorable! That goblin dungeon master is assured of his victory with his higher level summon. But Fran is an unusual protagonist with a sentient evolving sword! I'm excited to see them fight through to the boss!
Oct 19, 2022 7:31 PM

May 2016
Fran is strong but must learn to work as a team.
Oct 19, 2022 8:51 PM
Mar 2022
Goblin Slayer would be proud of Fran, she shows truly no mercy to Goblins.
Oct 19, 2022 9:03 PM
Feb 2019
Fran is doing great so far. Goblin Slayer would approve.
Oct 19, 2022 9:46 PM

Mar 2019
This reminds me a lot of berserk, i know there's a lot of differences. But the heavy sword, the overwhelming numbers of enemies, the massacre scene in the op, and a relic with weird face. There is a lot of similarity. Well doesn't really matter anyway.

The best thing on this episode is seeing shisho switching from being a parent to an actual teacher to fran. Instead of being protective and keep her safe, he let fran grow on her own and push her limits. It's starting to feel more like master-disciple relationship now.
Oct 19, 2022 10:07 PM
Jun 2021
So far, the anime has me pretty excited about the story unfolding, and the revelations made in this episode made everything more interesting. I really love a fantasy and adventure story!

Looking forward to the next episode!

Oct 20, 2022 12:47 AM

Jul 2020
abyss_will said:

Also what do you think of The Hat and the Travelers of the Books ??? I notice you had that one recently updated on your list and I've had it on my watching list for months now but I never get to it.

I'm not sure, I can't quite make out the overarching storyline yet but I feel like I'm getting there, it's kind of beginning to make some sense. And the concept of traveling different worlds through books is interesting. So far (4 episodes in) I'd say the 6.5 rating is justified. Although I'm yet to see that girls love stuff that was promised to me by the description tag lol
Oct 20, 2022 12:51 AM

Jan 2013
2Big4u said:
the "Teacher" getting emberassed when a kid. A LITERAL KID asked him or it to bath together. Like dude... no. You are a grown up, this is no place to be concious of anything or shy. If this trend of "fanservice" for a kid continues i will drop this show without second thought, cuz this shit is disgusting and ruins the show imo.
Calm down you spaz, I don't know what part of the world you're from, but in America it's not normal for an adult male to bathe with a 13 year old girl. Ironically, you're the one oversexualizing a "KID" here, because it was a completely tame bathing scene all things considered, other than you freaking out about the fact he's embarrassed to have been dragged along to the women's bath.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Oct 20, 2022 1:06 AM

Jan 2013
Sajonji said:
You can see all those girls in their UNCENSORED glory, excluding Fran ofc. Only headpats for Fran.
They show Fran, completely naked, from several revealing angles, it hardly seems to matter whether they show nipples at that point.

The anime had a lot more censorship.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Oct 20, 2022 1:16 AM
Mar 2019
LostSpectre said:
2Big4u said:
Calm down you spaz, I don't know what part of the world you're from, but in America it's not normal for an adult male to bathe with a 13 year old girl. Ironically, you're the one oversexualizing a "KID" here, because it was a completely tame bathing scene all things considered, other than you freaking out about the fact he's embarrassed to have been dragged along to the women's bath.

you have point there, but in my childhood me and my sister were getting scrubbed till the age of like 12-14. And it seemed like the most normal thing in the World.
But where you are correct is that i forgot the place where she wanted to drag him. Into the womens bath.
Which couldve been the reason why he blushed.
Sorry if i offended you, but the Trend of putting kids everywhere in manga and anime is getting bigger and bigger, which is god damn annoying. Like this show has such a good premise, but why did it have to be a dumb kid.
Oct 20, 2022 1:20 AM
Mar 2019
LostSpectre said:
Sajonji said:
They show Fran, completely naked, from several revealing angles, it hardly seems to matter whether they show nipples at that point.

The anime had a lot more censorship.

Ok this is just straight up bullshit, like i dont even remember that beeing so prevelant, but if it was then it proves my point that the author is oversexualizing a kid. Why do isekais always have to have the trope of lolis and slaves. f****** hell
Oct 20, 2022 1:21 AM

Jun 2019
Little Fran is progressing so fast and I'm so proud of her. Looks like it's her time to make her debut in the dungeon. And, Shisho is too OP among all of them.
Oct 20, 2022 2:13 AM
May 2021
Fran is so dam adorable and are combo attacks with Shishou 🔥🔥
Oct 20, 2022 4:38 AM

May 2015
2Big4u said:

Wtf are you on about? You sound like the creepy one here.
Oct 20, 2022 4:51 AM
Mar 2019
billybub said:
2Big4u said:

Wtf are you on about? You sound like the creepy one here.

Sounds more like i hit a nerve there with me criticizing the inappropriate in this Show. But if you think that it was neccessary to put such things into the Show, oh please. gfy
Oct 20, 2022 5:40 AM
Nov 2021
this is going to be my most favourite anime of this season I think! even better than bleach or mha or other . don't know why but their starting episodes couldn't capture my attention at all. seems like I have to wait and then watch them together.
but this is the only(mostly) anime of this season with great mc with no pathetic side!
Oct 20, 2022 5:42 AM
Nov 2021
caballeromercer said:
Fran is strong but must learn to work as a team.

there is no need for that! dominating the shit with op is best!
Oct 20, 2022 5:44 AM
Nov 2021
LostSpectre said:
2Big4u said:

wtf how the hell she looks like kid? dude that's another world !! what's your problem?? and this is not ecchi anime. so calm down!
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei shitara Ken deshita Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2022

170 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 17, 12:20 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Ken deshita Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2022

83 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 17, 11:58 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Ken deshita Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2022

83 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 17, 10:33 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Ken deshita Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2022

99 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 17, 10:11 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Ken deshita Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2022

101 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 17, 9:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.