Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Eminence in Shadow (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Oct 13, 2022 4:27 AM
May 2017
the plot build-up is looking really nice
Oct 13, 2022 4:33 AM
Dec 2020
It was bland boring Isekai material, they skipped any and all explanations, and the comedy didn't really hit. So much for being in the shadows, they just straight up announced themselves like cmon. Mark of the Ninja is a very good game, check it out for real ninja stealth
Oct 13, 2022 5:02 AM
Mar 2015
I love how chuuni Cid is, trying to be cool and snipe the location on the map only to completely miss then play it off like it he meant to hit that spot.
Oct 13, 2022 6:27 AM

Jun 2016
this show is very interesting !!
Oct 13, 2022 6:35 AM

Aug 2014
That MC luck is basically the same as Overlord. But instead of Skeleton we have edgy kid here
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
What I Watch This Season
Best Character & WAIFU This Season
Best OP/ED Song This Season
Oct 13, 2022 7:19 AM

Oct 2016
This man is bullshitting his way through his new life and it's working extremely well lmao, sasuga.
Oct 13, 2022 8:08 AM

May 2015
Wow... so childish and edgy.

There wasn't anything interesting in that episode. Even the girls were just kinda there. They will probably shine later on but I don't really care.
In the previous episode there was at least suspense, some unique approach, but that was also ruined by the second part of the episode, and it seems the anime never recovers from the ruins, only diving deeper.
Oct 13, 2022 8:38 AM
Feb 2021
it's so funny when a child comes into the world and forgets about crying.
It's farewell or something else happened in the future.
Oct 13, 2022 8:47 AM

Nov 2013
Still don't get it what makes this show stand out or be any better than your "average isekai". Missed the comedy part too. I may just drop it if episode 3 is similarly plain.
Oct 13, 2022 9:50 AM

Apr 2022
Seems like we have another unexpected gem, I'm loving it so far!
Oct 13, 2022 10:12 AM

Apr 2017
I feel the story is too fast..
I feel we need an explanation about Cid grow & gaining his powers.
and we are introduced to how the MC meets the first female role, and then immediately the MC has got 7 female roles...? wuuut ?
I think the time line story is a bit random.???
Is the original story skipped a lot? .... Or is that the real story?
IDk ..man..
Oct 13, 2022 11:27 AM
Jun 2022
Esta indo bem, vamos ver como anda os próximos caps.
Oct 13, 2022 11:47 AM
Nov 2017
CaaS said:
and we are introduced to how the MC meets the first female role, and then immediately the MC has got 7 female roles...? wuuut ?
IDk ..man..

No, its not skipped. The LN is like that too. The only thing LN mentions at this point is that there were 7 of them. They are very, very slowly introduced one by one in next volumes. But yeah, with multiple volumes out, some of them haven't even spoken a single line yet. In fact this anime is the first thing showing us some of their appearances for the first time ever.
Oct 13, 2022 12:13 PM

Feb 2019
Mannn I love the art and graphics, I only wish for more comedy, well...I guess better comedy material...sheesh. Regardless I am enjoying this immensely
My Candies:
“Even when you were so depressed and emotionally unstable, the taste of your coffee jelly stayed the same." Kusuo Saiki
Oct 13, 2022 1:00 PM

Jan 2012
Not really my cup of tea. But I gotta admit it still looks better than some other isekai anime.

If the story is good this one will be watchable at least.
Oct 13, 2022 1:09 PM

Mar 2014
Ah this ep just confirms it, it's a shitty show where they do nothing but praises the mc endlessly.

Visually it looks good but it's all BS. Sigh how disapppointing
Oct 13, 2022 1:13 PM

Feb 2022
Its seems a average isekai anime.

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left."
||Profile||----------------||Anime||----------------||Manga||
Oct 13, 2022 1:41 PM

Jan 2013
RedChrome said:
Ah this ep just confirms it, it's a shitty show where they do nothing but praises the mc endlessly.

No, it's parodying those types of isekai, you have to understand the protagonists mindset to get the humor. He's almost certainly autistic, and he has one hyper-focus, to become the "master of shadow". Except, while this borderline psychopath is just role-playing as a master of shadows, he has unwittingly become embroiled in a very real war with an ancient cult, but he thinks his organization is just a group of REALLY dedicated LARP-ers, because after all, he made up all of this bullshit. The show is poking fun of these tropes like harems or being viewed as a genius for no reason, but it's for people who can laugh at these things, not just people who hate isekai outright.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Oct 13, 2022 1:43 PM

Jul 2019
Main hero is too cocky with his powers but I like the model agency he united into a private service subdivision. It is still up in the air if I'd watch this series in full.
Oct 13, 2022 2:09 PM
Mar 2022
People really failed to see similarities between Cid and Ainz?
Oct 13, 2022 2:16 PM
Jul 2019
Need to see more of this world. And how it actually is before I can have a good idea of this show
Oct 13, 2022 2:17 PM
Jul 2019
Also, Is this really a faithful 1:1 adaptation, I feel like we missing so many interactions and just more dialogue in all
Oct 13, 2022 2:24 PM

Jan 2013
Theannoy3rd1 said:
Also, Is this really a faithful 1:1 adaptation, I feel like we missing so many interactions and just more dialogue in all
There's no such thing as a 1:1 adaptation from a LN, but this part of the story moves along quickly up until Cid is 15.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Oct 13, 2022 2:29 PM
Jul 2019
LostSpectre said:
Theannoy3rd1 said:
There's no such thing as a 1:1 adaptation from a LN, but this part of the story moves along quickly up until Cid is 15.

So the main story kicks off really when he's 15. And the content before that wasn't much to begin with?
Oct 13, 2022 2:40 PM

Jan 2013
Theannoy3rd1 said:
LostSpectre said:

So the main story kicks off really when he's 15. And the content before that wasn't much to begin with?
More or less, the only important thing to know moving forward is how much of a psycho Cid is, and that he's fucking clueless about both his own organization, and the evil cult that his lies have unwittingly gotten them all tangled up in. I don't know if the anime is doing him justice, but he's damn entertaining in the LN.
Oct 13, 2022 2:48 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
Truck-kun needed that first episode, his hiatus in many isekais was noticeable so it was nice to see him getting some work, he's got a family to feed.

Oct 13, 2022 2:51 PM
Jul 2019
LostSpectre said:
Theannoy3rd1 said:

More or less, the only important thing to know moving forward is how much of a psycho Cid is, and that he's fucking clueless about both his own organization, and the evil cult that his lies have unwittingly gotten them all tangled up in. I don't know if the anime is doing him justice, but he's damn entertaining in the LN.

I have noticed how he be killing guys easily with no second thoughts or hesitation. No wonder I see the Ainz comparisons
Oct 13, 2022 2:57 PM

Jan 2013
Theannoy3rd1 said:
LostSpectre said:

I have noticed how he be killing guys easily with no second thoughts or hesitation. No wonder I see the Ainz comparisons
For sure, and check my post on his "origin" story that they skipped in the LN, helps paint more of a picture on this guy. lol
Oct 13, 2022 2:59 PM
Jul 2019
LostSpectre said:
Theannoy3rd1 said:

For sure, and check my post on his "origin" story they skipped in the LN, helps paint more of a picture on this guy. lol

Ok I'll check it out hope I can see more of the world next episode
Oct 13, 2022 4:14 PM
Jul 2021
RedChrome said:

That's the feel I get from the anime adaptation too, unfortunately. Hopefully they bring back the comedy aspect that I love from the LN. The praises from the shadow garden members in the LN were present as a foil to the joke that Cid is basically a lucky/idiot savant, but since everything goes his way, he is seen as a genius (pretty similar to overlord, tbh).

CaaS said:
IDk ..man..

Yeah, the anime messed with the order of things A LOT. The LN has it's story from Cid's POV almost exclusively and starts from when he first wanted to become a mastermind, training, gets run over by a truck (after banging his head as training, lol) and isekai. Add in time skips, which exist in the source material as well, and it really is kinda confusing.
Oct 13, 2022 7:28 PM

Apr 2016
okay this was actually pretty funny. the sister seems like an interesting character, as well.
Oct 13, 2022 7:41 PM
Apr 2020
made me so happy man i love this anime
Oct 13, 2022 8:23 PM

Jan 2021
I'm enjoying this a lot. I don't know if this show would classify as edgy, but it makes it work if it does. I'm looking forward to next week.

Oct 13, 2022 8:43 PM

Jan 2013
Acctra said:
I'm enjoying this a lot. I don't know if this show would classify as edgy, but it makes it work if it does. I'm looking forward to next week.

I would say that you can call a show edgy if the protagonist revels in gruesomely slaughtering people as part of his live action chuuinbyu fantasies. lol
Oct 13, 2022 9:06 PM
Mar 2017
The more subdued, deadpan humor doesn't hit when the show is so rapidly paced. Referencing either skipped material or events to be shown later makes for an even more jarring, disjointed watch. Pretty terrible episode lmao.
Oct 13, 2022 9:56 PM
Oct 14, 2022 12:30 AM

May 2019
So Cid knows how to use magic really well and make great guesses too huh. The guessing Cid did such as coming up with a story for Alpha and getting lost while rescuing his sister and the main bad guy thinking Cid knew where he was going was amusing. It's a shame the girls might leave him next episode though unless they're messing with him like they're just going on a trip and returning.
Oct 14, 2022 12:57 AM
Apr 2021
The humor in this show is great, hopefully it doesn't become overused!
Oct 14, 2022 12:58 AM
Jan 2022
Thia looks promising
Oct 14, 2022 1:00 AM
Jan 2022
كانت حلقة رائعة تمنيت لو فقط تم وضع عرض تشويقي للحلقة القادمة
Oct 14, 2022 1:44 AM

Feb 2022
This the luckiest protagonist in all of anime !!
and this is a great anime!!
2023 :

Oct 14, 2022 2:10 AM

Mar 2014
LostSpectre said:
RedChrome said:

No, it's parodying those types of isekai, you have to understand the protagonists mindset to get the humor. He's almost certainly autistic, and he has one hyper-focus, to become the "master of shadow". Except, while this borderline psychopath is just role-playing as a master of shadows, he has unwittingly become embroiled in a very real war with an ancient cult, but he thinks his organization is just a group of REALLY dedicated LARP-ers, because after all, he made up all of this bullshit. The show is poking fun of these tropes like harems or being viewed as a genius for no reason, but it's for people who can laugh at these things, not just people who hate isekai outright.

Understanding his mindset ??? No no no sorry I'm not crazy enough to imagine myself to have that stupid delusion. Such a shame this looks really good but they have to ruin it for me with that shit..... sigh sad

Thank you though for explaining
Oct 14, 2022 2:22 AM

Jan 2013
RedChrome said:
LostSpectre said:

Understanding his mindset ??? No no no sorry I'm not crazy enough to imagine myself to have that stupid delusion. Such a shame this looks really good but they have to ruin it for me with that shit..... sigh sad

Thank you though for explaining
No. I meant just knowing he's an autistic, psychotic, chuuinbyu, not about trying to understand his actual thought process, he's mental.
Oct 14, 2022 2:30 AM
Nov 2021
Loved it😍😍😍
Oct 14, 2022 2:32 AM
Aug 2020
It was fine, the op is good. But I think this ep is kind of rush, I'm kind of fine with the contents they have cut.
Oct 14, 2022 2:44 AM

May 2021
Truck-kun never fails to disappoint. Other than that it's painfully average and predictable.
Oct 14, 2022 4:01 AM
Nov 2021
Will this surpass blue lock or not??
Oct 14, 2022 6:05 AM

Jun 2015
For those who haven't caught up with Cid's character, yet.

He is basically a chuuni edgelord whose imagination turns out to be true. Hmm, Cult of Diablos? Descendant of Heroes? Yep, they are all Cid's imagination..... which turns out to be true too.

So Cid is basically Haruhi. While the show is pretty much Overlord. That's it. That's the comedy. The anime somewhat failed in expressing Cid's irony.
YosepRAOct 14, 2022 6:11 AM
Oct 14, 2022 7:23 AM

Jan 2013
YosepRA said:
For those who haven't caught up with Cid's character, yet.

He is basically a chuuni edgelord whose imagination turns out to be true. Hmm, Cult of Diablos? Descendant of Heroes? Yep, they are all Cid's imagination..... which turns out to be true too.

So Cid is basically Haruhi. While the show is pretty much Overlord. That's it. That's the comedy. The anime somewhat failed in expressing Cid's irony.
Unfortunately, the comedy as of right now isn't really translating. In the LN it's all the extra details, monologues, and inner thoughts that greatly enhance the comedic premise, while in the anime it really does feel like a more typical isekai power fantasy, but with an extra dose of edginess added on. I hope they start taking some cues from the manga in terms of comedy, because that would be a lot easier to implement.
Oct 14, 2022 7:34 AM
Jul 2019
So his Organisation is female only, so this classified as a harem show?
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2022

730 by Sayan_Pal »»
Apr 19, 3:27 AM

» Will it get less cringe? ( 1 2 )

fghPOWA - Mar 28

71 by TRXPLE »»
Apr 18, 6:01 AM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2023

745 by HatsuoIM »»
Apr 18, 3:56 AM

» How is Cid so strong?

eWEQRW123123 - Apr 13

5 by Sayan_Pal »»
Apr 15, 7:32 AM

» This anime would be 10x better without Cid ( 1 2 3 4 )

Apollo_Injustice - Dec 21, 2023

173 by Sayan_Pal »»
Apr 13, 7:43 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.