Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Sep 29, 2022 11:02 PM
Aug 2022
Wow.
Just Wow.
The "Dark Beauty" has come to an end.
It's one of the best sequels out there in anime which actually surpassed it's first season by flying colours.

Faputa starts her true revenge by using her full potential by consuming her mother's soul in other villagers to transform into real Gold, that they were searching for.
Ah!, They have to do it now.
The backstory of Gaburoon and Faputa started only to pierce our heart more cruelly.
The fight sequence was also amazing.

I found Wazukyan so much interesting, he is definitely one of the best character written out there in fantasy world just like Bondrewd.
Like even he was dying, he was telling them to find hope only to despair.
It's true that our life is the accumulation of everything from the time we born to the time we die.
He is really something else.
Wow.
He even created the path for outsiders to come to destroy the village.
Just how much he saw out there in the darkness.

The scene between Vueko and Pako made me emotional and the way Vueko was hurting.
Terasaki Yuka has become my One of the favourite female seiyuu.
The voice acting was out of the world, like I can feel her pain accurately only by her voice without even listening to music.
Now,
Kevin Penkin, You are the Gigachad.
The music, it was so mesmerizing, like it adds so much feeling to the scenes.
It was out of the world, it gave me goosebumps several times this episode.

Everything comes to an end, and our villagers also met their end through Faputa.
Moogie and others also met their end.

Vueko was the one that Faputa can't have, she only belonged to Irumyuui.
Vueko also met her end alongside Irumyuui.
And, this scene made me and my brothers bawl like so hard, I was crying crazily.

This is the definitely of Anime of the Year.
This is the story of three children longing to to go Deep down the Unknowing, mysterious, dangerous, crueler than anything on the surface, which is called "Abyss".
And, this journey is so beautifull and mesmerizing inside the beauty of Abyss.

Fattsue Sanburemu, Sosu
Sep 29, 2022 11:33 PM

Apr 2021
This season was filled with so much emotion and eating people(lol). I can't wait to see more of Riko and Reg's adventure into the Abyss.

9/10 safe travels and unconditional love to you all.
Sep 29, 2022 11:35 PM

Jul 2016
kiruthecatt said:
SouthRzVa said:
Yeah... never liked how the author got rid of Vueko by making the poor woman suffer the Curse and the reason being that she forgot about it. It was incredibly underwhelming and probably the only complaint I had with this finale, in both manga and anime version.

But other than that, this ended up being a perfectly executed last episode. Some side-chapters were adapted (Faputa meeting Gaburoon//her "stealing" Prushka) and they even extended the scene with Maaa disappearing, which was more than welcome. Not to mention I also really liked how they made some changes throughout the season in order to properly portray how much the cyclops girl (Pakkoyan) cared about Vueko. They used to be lovers, after all.

Overall, another near-excellent installment for Made in Abyss. Its start was kinda slow but things only went uphill with each passing episode. Direction, visuals and especially OST (another majestic job from Kevin Penkin) were all outstanding and Episode 10 can be easily considered among 2022's best anime episodes in my opinion.

8,5/10 -> 9/10 - AOTS winner and AOTY contender without a single doubt.

Goodbye, Made in Abyss. See you in 5 years, if not more.
It was perfect for Vueko as a character. Dying from the curse made her realize she was still human after all. She was thinking if Irummyui would punish her for eating the babies but it turned out Iru still loved her and wouldn't hurt her.

Yes, I watched the episode too and I still don't like HOW Vueko ended up receiving the 6th layer's effects. The author could have used a more organic setting if he wanted to make her suffer the Curse but in the end, it was just him being lazy. No wonder given it took him more than 5 years to finally complete this arc.
Sep 29, 2022 11:37 PM
Nov 2016
Just finished watching the last episode and it was a good ride, pretty good season overall, I didn't enjoy the 1st half of this season that much but I did love the 2nd half so it made up for it, and man, RIP Vueko, Ciclop girl and Cooking girl, I didn't want any of them to die, I didn't want Maaa to die either, I liked that transition of Maaa's death, it didn't show how she died but it was subtle and sad and I like these type of subtle scenes. This episode was an acid trip in the middle of it, things got weird but it was still enjoyable but goddamn, I really didn't want Vueko to die, she didn't deserve any of this shit but that's the Abyss for ya, that place simply don't give a fuck about people's feelings.

At least Faputa is alive, I really didn't want her to die either, Faputa is the best girl so I'm glad she managed to stay alive, sucks that she didn't join the party but I'm still glad she made it out alive so we will see her again. Sucks that we are close to the manga too so we won't have another season anytime soon, it will take years to get another season so screw it, I'm reading the manga, damn it! I don't have the patience to wait years for the next season.

For someone who was shitting on this anime in the 1st half, I must say, I am quite pleased with this season, this was so much better than season 1 and the movie IMHO.

My final rating for this season:

9/10
Sep 30, 2022 12:16 AM

Jan 2022
Its over. What an ending. Pour one out for my Girl Vueko, may she finally rest in peace.

Now to begin the 10,000 year wait for season 3.
-insert NGE meme here-
Sep 30, 2022 12:50 AM
Aug 2015
great episode!!!
Sep 30, 2022 1:32 AM

Jul 2013
SouthRzVa said:
kiruthecatt said:
It was perfect for Vueko as a character. Dying from the curse made her realize she was still human after all. She was thinking if Irummyui would punish her for eating the babies but it turned out Iru still loved her and wouldn't hurt her.

Yes, I watched the episode too and I still don't like HOW Vueko ended up receiving the 6th layer's effects. The author could have used a more organic setting if he wanted to make her suffer the Curse but in the end, it was just him being lazy. No wonder given it took him more than 5 years to finally complete this arc.

I personally found it very poetic. There is no telling how much time she spent not having to worry about the curse. It felt only natural the curse got her in the end.
Sep 30, 2022 1:47 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
So...that was it? Boring finale~

The parts when Riko's group just went off the elevator until Nanachi met Belaf were good, then it turned into boring fillers starting from when that trash Mitty appeared to ruin the rest of the season.

12 episodes and no sign at all about 7th layer, instead of seeing Riko's group trying to go to lower layer like before, I got this strange animal documentary and the story about these new characters who dont matter at all like this screaming sosu beast girl. What an obvious attempt to stretch the story.

Disappointing~

Too bad as I really enjoyed season 1 and that movie about Bondrewd.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Sep 30, 2022 2:36 AM

Jul 2019
An very emotional finale 10/10

I must say this episode hit me right in the gut emotionally speaking. Everone fading away one by one was really tough to watch and when Vueko died I must admit I cried along. Her origins, her part in IIblu village, her relationship with Iru, her realisations and then succumbing to the curse... it was just so poetic. R.I.P. Ganja suicide corps

That said I can't wait for what comes next. Definetly want more information on the stone people and the squad to descend to the 7th layer.

9/10 overall for this season I would say. The start was a bit on the weaker side but eventually the show had me really immersed and satisified with the production quality. There are few shows that get really strong emotional reactions out of me and I am not ashamed to say Made in Abyss S2 is one of them. ~maaaaaaaaaa!
Sep 30, 2022 4:38 AM

Jul 2014
That was outstanding, best anime this season. I loved the OSTs there and I can't wait for the 3rd season

9/10
Sep 30, 2022 4:45 AM
Apr 2016
Loved it. Shame I'll have to wait for a new season.
Sep 30, 2022 4:46 AM

Sep 2021
Would've been more enjoyable to see more action but ye
Sep 30, 2022 5:20 AM
Sep 2020
Estuvo bueno, pero falto saber como seguira la historia.

Sep 30, 2022 5:44 AM
Jan 2014
I didn't like it, the whole season was completely wasted on useless and stupid events.
Sep 30, 2022 7:00 AM
Mar 2021
Nunca hice una review sobre un anime, serie o pelicula.
Este es el unico anime que ha podido generarme lagrimas y los mejores momentos de mi vida. Esperar todo los miércoles para ver un nuevo episodio, el mejor desarollo de personajes que vi y el final mas triste por la perdida ee todo los habitantes que aunque hallan salido poco tiempo ya genera una tristeza por la perdida.
Alucinante, lo mejor que vi en mi vida.
Sep 30, 2022 7:58 AM

Nov 2012
I think this is my favorite season so far. making Irumyuui the vessel of the village did a nice job at expanding the worldbuilding. although i kinda expected more from the side characters, particularly Wazukyan and Belaf.

All in all, this arc is a step in the right direction, but i think Made in Abyss has yet to reach its full potential. i hope it does so in the future.

9/10
Sep 30, 2022 10:27 AM
Aug 2020
Honestly Made In Abyss outdid itself! Animation always perfect, voice acting, and teh STOYR?! Dark and engaging, it's just such a great and underated anime. Can't wait for another season!
Sep 30, 2022 11:01 AM
Jul 2018
This is a masterpiece! Goddamn, I cried a lot! Vueroeruko, why did you have to go! RIP to the Village inhabitants though. AND I HOPE THAT FAPUTA WILL GO WITH RIKO since she is literally an easy booster
Sep 30, 2022 11:21 AM

Apr 2020
I really wish Vueko got to talk more with Faputa but man it was really sad to see her final moments
Sep 30, 2022 11:48 AM

Feb 2008
Amazing ending to an overall amazing show! 10/10
See you in 5 years (or so I hope)
Sep 30, 2022 1:26 PM
Aug 2021
guys im hurting rn i need more people to hurt w me
but i also wanted to post ab when vueko said "the fact that i turned into a hollow means i had still been human"
because. oh??W??my go??d????? that just like destroyed me. even if she was talking in a literal sense just the idea that she was talking in a metaphorical sense and couldn't remember her humanity or no longer saw herself as human due to the things she'd done that just.
hurt so bad.
i love it, i love her character so much
Sep 30, 2022 1:36 PM
Jul 2018
Amazing! Beautiful ending...
Sep 30, 2022 1:39 PM
Nov 2018
what is Accumulation? Accumulation is the answer to Value, more specifically, it's the purpose of Value, if Value is everything you care for whatever that is, Accumulation is the result of your care, your Value. When your Value has nowhere to go, for example, when you fulfill a dream, just to find another one on the horizon, all of the Value you had in your dream Accumulates for the next one, and on and on and on until you can truly find your Haku, your biggest Value. But what happens when you can't reach your next dream? your Haku? all the Accumulation you had, every piece of Valor turned into Accumulation, can pass on, so that another person may inherit your Values with your Accumulation, or at least that's what I understood from Wazukyan, everything he dreamed off, all the Value it had, Accumulated more and more each time he reached a part of his dream, and never being able to fulfill that, he passed on to Rikko, to Reg and Nanachi, he wanted an adventure.

I love this anime, I love this series, and I absolutely love this season, so much that I couldn't put into words how I was feeling with each ep past ep7, doing these little explanations of my interpretation for each concept is my own way of showing how much I love and admire this season, because I just couldn't talk about everything I liked the way I did before, I could never find enough words to describe it in a way that I would be satisfied, I think the only thing I can say about this is that it is KUU to me
Sep 30, 2022 2:09 PM
Sep 2022
There's no experience like Made in Abyss to be found all over any animated piece of media, and single-handedly made many viewers feel how it is to have a great narrative piece of media from Japan. We can only hope it lives long enough to be completed and takes his place in history. If its gonna take some time, so be it, as long as the quality is gonna build steadily into a wonderful finale.
Sep 30, 2022 2:49 PM
Jun 2022
CHT13 said:
K_ToiletPaper said:
I'm glad they adapted chapter 51.5 in this episode

Ok since you’re a reader of the source material I wanted confirmation about faputa. The way I interpreted it was she’s going to join the group. I saw a couple of posts that think she’s not or are unsure. Am I misreading the situation?
sorry I didn't see this sooner but yes faputa does join the party later in chapter 61
Sep 30, 2022 4:25 PM

Mar 2019
10.1 of 10.0

The Word "Beautiful" in all its expression, thats what this season was for me.

Time to re-take the manga... and then, a third Season i hope<3

#TsukushiGOD
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Sep 30, 2022 5:15 PM
Sep 2022
Incredibly sad….

That i’ll have to wait another 5 years.
Sep 30, 2022 6:38 PM
Jan 2012
no começo parecia que a faputa estava fazendo só um massacre, mas depois pareceu que ela estava herdando todas aquelas vidas e todo aquele valor, os moradores da vila de certa forma, faziam parte da iru e eram o valor dela, quando a faputa libertou a iru, foi como se ela tivesse se tornado livre também e também ficou independente ao herdar tudo que sua mãe tinha, como se ela tivesse se tornado adulta.it didn't look like the faputa was doing a massacre, but all the information that she was just giving value, all the lives of the residents and everyone who formed part of the village and were her value, when the faputa freed the iru, it was like if she had become free too and also became independent by inheriting everything her mother had, as if she had become an adult.
Sep 30, 2022 6:51 PM

May 2019
First of all, I'd like to say that I don't read the manga, but after see this second season (a piece of art), I decided to start reading it.

Although I was already getting used to the idea that Vueko was not going to end well, these last scenes of the episode have broken my heart, I have been left dry from so many tears that I have shed (with that and the final sentence about Faputa, resplendent).

I LOVED this season, it is true that there is not as much exploration as in the first one, but it covers very interesting and important topics, and we see the evolution of the characters.

I hope Faputa will join the team later.

10/10
Sep 30, 2022 6:51 PM
Aug 2022
Really cool episode and I liked how it was double the length of a normal episode.
Sep 30, 2022 7:06 PM
Mar 2019
The Best Anime this Year by far.
So Sad none of the Villagers survived, we have come to expect the unexpected.
Shame it will be a while waiting for the next stage.
Sep 30, 2022 7:27 PM
Feb 2017
I enjoyed this season much less than S1 and the movie. Didn't particularly enjoy Faputa and the rest of the new folks.
Still a pretty good 7/10 I suppose (rather than 10 and 9 for S1 and the movie respectively), but for me the series is suffering from lacking an awesome character like Bondrewd.
The entire village has been destroyed but it also feels like nothing of consequence has happened.
Also, the show doesn't really convince me that the turbine dragon is extremely dangerous, yeah it's huge, tough, can stab, and can shoot... acid? But it doesn't look "10 times as dangerous as the orb piercer" other than its size.
DoctrineSep 30, 2022 7:54 PM
Sep 30, 2022 8:11 PM
May 2014
one of the best season finales I have ever seen
Sep 30, 2022 8:14 PM
May 2014
kanarazukarasu said:
Sooooooo what was Wazukyan's end goal again?

It's incredible how good the production values were this season, you can tell that the staff really love working on this anime. Just like we love watching it. Also imma need Riko's hair to grow back fast cuz I'm not a fan of her short hair lol

Off to another 5 years wait before season 3 comes out...

His end goal was essentially to believe he could surpass humanity to the extent that he would be immune to the Curse of the abyss. That doesn't happen obviously and from his final lines, it's pretty haunting as to signify what is to come
Sep 30, 2022 8:30 PM
Mar 2015
Faputa joins the little gang on its journey into darkness
Sep 30, 2022 8:49 PM

Sep 2013
VKDOOM said:
kanarazukarasu said:
Sooooooo what was Wazukyan's end goal again?

It's incredible how good the production values were this season, you can tell that the staff really love working on this anime. Just like we love watching it. Also imma need Riko's hair to grow back fast cuz I'm not a fan of her short hair lol

Off to another 5 years wait before season 3 comes out...

His end goal was essentially to believe he could surpass humanity to the extent that he would be immune to the Curse of the abyss. That doesn't happen obviously and from his final lines, it's pretty haunting as to signify what is to come
I see, but didn't he and his crew became immune to the curse after transforming?
Sep 30, 2022 10:24 PM
Jul 2018
Goddamn it, why they do such thing like that to Vueko 😭 that's make me realize this is MIA...
Oct 1, 2022 12:30 AM
Jul 2019
Time to say goodbye to the city of gold...
Oct 1, 2022 1:37 AM
Jan 2019
amazing finale! it was full of emotions, cant wait for the next season in the upcoming years
Oct 1, 2022 1:41 AM
Jul 2017
I'm not gonna pretend and say I understood every line and scene, but I enjoyed this season a lot. I'd love to look into the manga.
Oct 1, 2022 3:28 AM

Mar 2015
The most painful part was the see you soon at the end knowing that the author releases like two chapters a year. See you in 10 years for the next season T_T
Oct 1, 2022 4:53 AM

Jun 2017
I relly love this season
Oct 1, 2022 5:49 AM

Feb 2018
kanarazukarasu said:
VKDOOM said:

I see, but didn't he and his crew became immune to the curse after transforming?

Yeah but they still couldnt leave the village.
Oct 1, 2022 6:14 AM

Feb 2018
Holy SHIT this was incredible! 10/10 I will absolutely be watching this again. Full disclosure, I ugly cried like a lost child. I only had one real gripe with the story and you won't even know unless you read the manga.
I was told there was a relationship between Pakkoyan and Vueko that was cut from the anime for being too sexual. So it was a little confusing why Pakkoyan was crying in the scene where they talked about Vueko going missing. It would've made Pakkoyans sacrifice to save Vueko from the curse a lot more impactful if they had at least hinted at the relationship. Maybe they did and I just missed it.

A lot went on in this episode! I honestly didn't expect it to go the way it did. I thought Faputa would die, I thought the village might survive, but Tsukishi pulled no punches and did the unexpected. Especially considering Faputa is now part of the team! At least that's what I gathered. She was just joking about not joining them I believe. There were some truly harrowing moments and powerful emotional scenes that brought me to my knees. I could barely read the subtitles through the tears. Poor Vueko, she might have been the most tragic character this season, but at least now she is at peace and her soul has returned to the Abyss with Pakkoyan.

What an incredible story. Truly a masterclass in world building and unraveling a mystery. The story of Iruburu is truly one to behold. I feel like the story is becoming much bigger than Riko, and I can't wait to see how Tsukushi plans on topping this arc. I know there isn't enough source material that we may not see season 3 for quite some time, but I'll be waiting. Hell, I might even read the manga if I get too impatient. I can't wait to see the gangs new adventure with the addition of Faputa! I really love her.

I just cannot stress enough how incredible this season was. So much soul and creativity went into this, I love stories that make their own concepts of life, death, and reality as we know it, and Tsukushi did it so well without bogging it down with nonsensical bs. It's so fresh and original, truly the breath of fresh air the anime industry needed. The art and animation was amazing, and Kevin Penkin's beautiful and eerie score was the cherry on top. You just don't hear music like he makes in anime and we need more anime like this.

This series is going to stick with me for a long time. I encourage everyone to watch it, and I truly feel sorry for those who write it off for arbitrary reasons. You're doing yourself a grave disservice for missing out on this wonderful and creative fantasy masterpiece.
Oct 1, 2022 7:25 AM
Dec 2021
Good. Representation of a basis.
Oct 1, 2022 8:43 AM
Nov 2019
Rip vueko and villagers especially maa,kaja,moogie
Oct 1, 2022 10:01 AM
Sep 2020
see u in 5 years
it was a great journey
Oct 1, 2022 10:24 AM

May 2015
One of the best episode of this year. Sad, beautiful, emotionnal, it was just perfect.

Veko is really the best. RIP, an angel gone too early :'(
Oct 1, 2022 10:58 AM

May 2015
Maaaaa > Vueko. Deal with it.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Oct 1, 2022 11:05 AM

Sep 2010
AOTS and Best in the series yet.

9/10
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Aug 17, 2022

286 by Matheus050 »»
Apr 22, 4:26 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xenocrisi - Jul 13, 2022

184 by asbest0sdust »»
Apr 20, 9:10 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2022

258 by Toooooooooohru »»
Apr 15, 10:25 AM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2022

138 by Toooooooooohru »»
Apr 12, 8:18 AM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2022

300 by owonism »»
Mar 31, 11:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.