Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Shadows House
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 8, 2022 7:11 PM

Nov 2018
This season was awesome and I can't wait for more.
Oct 11, 2022 1:12 AM

Sep 2020
Very great ending! Kate becomes the class leader, overall very enjoyable, especially the last two episodes, hope there's another season.
Oct 11, 2022 3:58 PM

Oct 2010
Subarashi finale 10/10 episode.

Shadow House is my new friend.

I don't want to play anymore with you Yakusoku no Neverland.
「Self Aware Cringy Weeb」
Oct 15, 2022 7:48 AM

Oct 2021
good show, but idk i might have to drop it because of how slow the pacing is and how it doesn't seem to be going anywhere. It flip flops between slice of slife and serious plot progression
Oct 29, 2022 6:46 PM

Jan 2013
I loved the mystery and plot twists and reveals of this season. Nice to have a show for once that is actually well written and feels unique. This is one of those special shows that I’ll definitely buy the blurays for if they adapt the entire manga.

8/10 score for this season IMO. I have no clue why this show isn’t rated higher on this website, especially since I consider myself rather strict these days with my scoring.

I hope they announce season 3 sooner rather than later.
ExaccusOct 29, 2022 6:53 PM
Salmon is delicious.
Nov 11, 2022 12:08 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Last season episode, It could be said that it is the first day of a new battle, Kate is a new leader with surprises included, which unfortunately remains unfinished with the end of the season.

Well, waiting for a new season because I would like to know the enigma of everything!!!! kekeke
Dec 1, 2022 7:13 AM

Feb 2021
Wait what?! Is that the end of this 2nd season? I really want to know the ending... It seems there will be 3rd season to complete the story behind all of this mansion.
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Dec 1, 2022 10:54 PM
Dec 2020
shadows house is one of the under rated anime sadly people miss bc of the bigger fish in the pond but the ending was well worth it
Dec 9, 2022 7:18 AM
Jun 2019
Um… it literally just kind of ended… that's weird. I can't even consider that an ending. It literally is like the ending of any other episode. I guess that's what you call a cliffhanger? Umm.. nice episode though. Remember the old Barbara? Yeah me neither. What has she turned into, literally kicking people in the stomach. Life has not treated her well. And props to Emilico for standing up for her teammates. That's what a real leader should do. And also Sarah… I can't believe she even suggested the disposal of another doll. What happened to her? She used to be so nice. Man, what a weird episode. Can't wait for season 3.
Graduated High School in May of 2022. Summer vacation has finally arrived. I have once again regained the power of a new anime fan, being able to watch multiple anime episodes in a day. Time to binge-watch every single anime I can into the night until college arrives. SADGE. SUPER SADGE... College has begun as of Monday, August 30, 2022, so you won't be seeing me much around these parks. See you on weekends, I guess... School me is back. Sigh! I'll at least try for one anime a day with all this course load.
Dec 26, 2022 6:12 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
After the boring beginning of the season, I was concerned about how it'd end but I suppose they were unneeded after all, what a finish this was! Please give us a Season 3 soon, Cloverworks! 

I was hoping for some kind of indication on the state of Rosemary and Maryrosebut that'd kill the fun from the creators I suppose. I'm just going to assume that Kate's support helped them to get over the line, I ended up liking them a bit too much for otherwise xD. A lot of mystery unravelled thanks to them and I love the respect that they have for each other. Something tells me there's more to the end of the Ed-Edward story but that's for later, ig. 

Anthony making his entrance in front of Kate now. Definitely not giving the most positive of vibes but I'm sure he'll be a useful asset to some degree at least, I wonder how Kate will approach that. Really curious how he made it out alive while Christopher took the blow on their behalf. Murder? I really think not, but let's see. 

Emilico bringing out the good points for not killing off her team member surprised me a little, I thought for sure she was going to try and spill some nonsense to save her but they turned out to be half-genuine! She'll definitely make for an entertaining leader figure, can't wait to see more. Someone's definitely not pleased though, I'm a bit worried that Emilico may not have it in her to stop her if she decides to take on the aggressor role. Here's to hoping Kate will be able to keep a close eye on her. 

All in all, similar to the first season, this ended with a bang and definitely left me wanting for more. 

Also, the duo of ReoNa and Claris for the Op & ED respectively just rocks! 

8/10, like the first season. In terms of arcs alone, I think I still enjoyed the last one from the previous season most but things are getting rather interesting so it may not be for long...
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jan 27, 2023 12:12 PM

Jan 2021
There's so much I want to say but one thing for sure is I hate to see that it's over. Seeing an ending like that, seems like it will get a third season. I don't care how many years it will take, I'll be waiting. 

I didn't read the manga so sorry if I'm wrong but I feel that Sara and Mia will be a nuisance to Kate's future plans... I have a feeling Sara might only pretend to agree (since Kate is the team leader) but she'd be a traitor for her own sake to look good in the eyes of the Star Bearers.

I don't know what to think about Anthony. He seemed trustworthy and untrustworthy at the same time. I want to believe him but I'm afraid he's just taking advantage or just wants to corner and frame Kate... is it possible that Christopher's death wasn't that simple and that Anthony had a big involvement in it (other than being his face) ? 

Feb 12, 2023 4:44 PM

Feb 2018
Closure of s2 was awesome! Emilico has grown a lot as a *human* and not a living doll. There are still mysteries to be uncovered and hopefully we will get a s3!
Mar 8, 2023 6:11 AM

Jul 2016
Well that's one way to end the season.

Really enjoyed this and hope for a season 3 announcement.
May 8, 2023 6:58 AM

Oct 2022
Either Anthony wants to destroy Shadow House or he wants to rule over it. Still they did't revealed if Christopher is really dead or how Anthony has survived so long.
Whatever the reason, one thing is sure that that Anthony or Fused Shadow is trying to take advantage of Kate and others in any way.

May 21, 2023 5:04 AM

Dec 2020
I did wonder about Anthony since he reported Christopher killed himself. Looks like he's still alive and wanting some sort of revenge one way or another.

Anyone gonna talk about how they killed off one of the twins and left the other? Like we know they are human, I don't remember seeing any other actual siblings, and true or not it's been said twins share a deeper connection. So it's like REALLY messed up.

Emilicos speech at the end was great and so was this season. Can't wait for more
Jul 10, 2023 3:01 PM

Dec 2022
I knew the twins would continue to get the short end of the stick, and now one of them was killed off too. Much crueler characters like Barbie, Barbara and Edward didn't get anywhere near that amount of a karma overdose.

The ending apparently happens at the very start of one of the manga arcs according to the wiki for the series, so maybe that's why it felt so abrupt. Maybe there'll be a third season, I wouldn't complain. Either way, I think this season was slightly better than the first. Feels like the pacing was nominally improved, and I felt it did a fantastic job of conveying the dark secrets of the house.

Shaded Horizon

Aug 27, 2023 2:38 AM
Aug 2023
So no third season ??
Sep 25, 2023 5:56 AM

Apr 2017
Part of me wishes that Maryrose/Rosemary didn't make it. Episodes 8-12 were plagued by "here's how I thought of this little detail and actually anticipated everything my opponent would do". It's disappointing that the writers legitimately can't let the characters fail and be in actual danger, Kate has to anticipate everything. All those "we're in a pinch, how will we escape?" situations were just copouts to make the viewer think that characters could actually die, when in fact everything that happened actually went according to plan. Boring.

It's so obvious that Anthony isn't to be trusted. Like Maryrose, Kate is smart to not call him an ally. Personally, I'm more interested in how a shadow can "kill themselves"; are they really that vulnerable, or do they mimic humans so much that things that hurt humans, also hurt shadows—simply because the shadows believe they should get hurt?

Like someone else in the thread said, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't decide to make a third season. That montage at the end (after the credits) does scream "go read the manga!". It's also a year after S2 finished airing, so who knows if we'll see more in anime form.

The pacing was slow and the events lacked stakes the first 7 episodes, but the stakes ended up dropping even further in the end. The only actual casualty this season was that unnamed failed-fusion human/shadow pair, and Belle's twin. In other words: no one important. Everyone else that matters, bounces right back without fail.

7/10

ETA: like someone else said in a review, the humor also fell flat for me most of the time, and John's yelling was too much. And I really disliked the "I'm going to narrate in great detail what I'm going to do, and my exact reasoning for it". It feels like Kate's internal monologue takes up too much space in this season. I wish that they'd written it more like a dialogue between her and Emilico, because, frankly, Emilico had a lot of moments where she just sat around smiling and looking dumb while going "Kate-sama! Kate-sama!" like she was back to being brainwashed.
Pande91Sep 25, 2023 6:06 AM
Oct 12, 2023 8:19 PM
Dec 2021
Undoubtedly, a masterpiece. There is still a long and hard road ahead, I'm sure. Kate-san, Emilico-san, ganbare!!! 頑張ってください!
Oct 27, 2023 9:54 PM
Apr 2021
This show really likes to end with a Kick at Emilico’s belly huh.

How pathetic.
KhoaVNOct 29, 2023 1:13 AM
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shadows House 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2022

69 by Karva1 »»
Apr 1, 1:55 PM

Poll: » Shadows House 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2022

63 by Karva1 »»
Apr 1, 11:33 AM

Poll: » Shadows House 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 8, 2022

92 by Karva1 »»
Mar 31, 10:31 PM

» At what chapter does this leave off at?

Tropisch - Jan 26

4 by _Yotsugi_ »»
Jan 26, 11:29 AM

» I hate Barbie For Eternity II

KhoaVN - Oct 27, 2023

4 by Dudeh »»
Oct 30, 2023 8:43 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.