Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Shin Shou - Meikyuu-hen Episode 9 Discussion

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 15, 2022 10:21 PM
Nov 2021
Ragon_Qc said:
Triggerfish124 said:

Takes a while to acquire said resources and get a team together though. I thought they said the werewolf had been there for quite a while. Guess that safe level could have just been where he lives but still find it disappointing.

To be clear, he was living in Knossos with Ikelos familia, but Bell kinda ruined that last season. His accomplices aren't from his familia, cause he was the only survivor 5 years ago. Thoses guys were just living among the regular population in Rivira.

Yea thats what Im saying, those individuals had no known ties to these guys, yet they somehow created a crew efficient enough to trick a group to go down there and then bomb the entire floor without anyone noticing. And they had to essentially all be kamikazes to just ignore the fact cat dude just blew some of them up and killed one of them outright at the very beginning.
Sep 16, 2022 1:50 AM

Sep 2020
Decent episode. I thought the snakes would be much tougher to beat since they are supposed to be from the lower floors, but I guess the real fight will be against the despair thing. It was a good cliffhanger at the end, can't wait to see what the monster really is. Kinda hoped they would get rid of Jura but there is still a chance that the monster appears before them and kills him.
Sep 16, 2022 2:05 AM
Jun 2007
Should be climax for this series when "it" appear"?
Sep 16, 2022 2:45 AM
Mar 2016
episódio fraco, lutas muito estáticas sem emoção.
Sep 16, 2022 4:26 AM
Oct 2019
what an episode...

So Ryu didn't kill that man, i'm glad it wasn't true.

here it comes Despair... Despair...
Sep 16, 2022 4:54 AM

Feb 2018
Curious what this next creature is gonna be like, if the other ones have already been difficult to deal with.
Sep 16, 2022 5:53 AM
Apr 2019
No cap the suspence of whats gonna rock up is exhilarating
Sep 16, 2022 7:39 AM

Oct 2008
omg Jura so edgy! lolz
4/5.

Sep 16, 2022 9:45 AM

Nov 2016
God, these over the top edgy villains are so eh xD I''m nonetheless excited for what's next since the beginning of this season.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 16, 2022 10:11 AM
Jan 2018
amazing as all episodes this season imo
Sep 16, 2022 11:21 AM

Sep 2013
Use the monster-enslaving necklace-whip on that megaboss and done
Sep 16, 2022 3:15 PM

Apr 2018
Cliffhanger-kun strikes again. Shit's so intense, can't wait for the next episode.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Sep 16, 2022 3:29 PM
Nov 2021
As always, it's funny to see people that don't know what's gonna happen either perfectly predict what's going to happen, or be so abominably wrong about it, lol.
Sep 17, 2022 12:55 AM

Sep 2011
When Bell didn't let ryu kill him. That's Anime logic.
Sep 17, 2022 3:42 AM

Aug 2013
They just had to end it with a cliffhanger.

Well, Aisha and the others taking down their own opponent without Bell's help was great. It shows how far they have come.

Sep 17, 2022 4:54 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Bland and boring MC paired with stupid cliche antagonist who talks too much, that equals to scenes full of stupidity~

Aisha is the MVP of this episode, with her being both very competent leader and fighter, she should be the MC instead.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Sep 17, 2022 10:37 AM

Jul 2014
The cliche where the bad guy always tell protagonist the secret of their power really needs to die..

Still pretty enjoyable episode..
Crocospect22Sep 17, 2022 10:47 AM
Sep 17, 2022 3:46 PM
Nov 2021
Crocospect22 said:
The cliche where the bad guy always tell protagonist the secret of their power really needs to die..

Still pretty enjoyable episode..

"
Frozone: So now I'm in deep trouble. I mean, one more jolt of this death ray and I'm an epitaph. Somehow I manage to find cover and what does Baron von Ruthless do?
Mr. Incredible: [snickering] He starts monologuing?
Frozone: He starts monologuing!
Mr. Incredible: Yep! [laughs]
Frozone: He starts like, this prepared speech about how "feeble" I am compared to him, how [rolls eyes] "inevitable" my defeat is, how [makes a dramatic hand gesture] "The world! Will soon! Be his!" Yadda yadda yadda...
Mr. Incredible: Yammering.
Frozone: Yammering! I mean, the guy has me on a platter, and he won't shut up!
"
Sep 17, 2022 4:15 PM

Jan 2021
I really felt Ryuu's anger and fear this episode. Her reaction to the "despair" that is coming was really well done

Sep 17, 2022 5:59 PM
Aug 2021
Foi legal, eu gostei =)
Sep 17, 2022 8:50 PM
Nov 2021
Acctra said:
I really felt Ryuu's anger and fear this episode. Her reaction to the "despair" that is coming was really well done

Agreed, i think it was the most outstanding thing this episode. I think it hit harder because we know the reason, though. (even though it was hinted at)
Sep 17, 2022 9:17 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode! Also great to find that Ryu is innocent.
But it seems that the bigger pain is coming next...
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Sep 18, 2022 5:54 AM
Dec 2020
Animation, Sound Effect, Music, all great. but as usual i dont like Bell Cranel personality
Sep 18, 2022 12:58 PM
Jun 2020
decent twist, looks like there's gonna be more conflict and hardships for Bell going forward with this big bad that's about to come, which is good cuz I wanna see him struggle and overcome his limits like in season 1 again.
Sep 18, 2022 5:33 PM
Aug 2021
It's so good watching this.
Sep 18, 2022 6:37 PM
Jul 2014
nice very nice good taste
Sep 19, 2022 8:47 AM

Apr 2013
They're definitely not getting out of the dungeon in the 2 remaining episodes of this season, which means they are going to end it at the end of Vol. 13 cliffhanger. That sucks cause Vol. 14 was one of my favorites. I hope it's not a long wait for the next season of this. I haven't checked but i hope it's next winter or something.
Sep 20, 2022 1:16 PM
Jun 2022
Bell Cranel makes the episode top tier
Sep 20, 2022 3:39 PM

Jul 2016
This outcome could have been easily avoided if Bell would have just let Ryuu kill Jura the moment the scumbag showed his true colors. No time to call the snake monster nor time for Turk's group to set all the explosives.

But goddamn, if only Haruhime would have let Aisha fuck interrogate Turk last episode, he would have been too exhausted to lead his little group of arsonist edge-lords.
Sep 20, 2022 7:53 PM
Mar 2022
top demaisssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Sep 20, 2022 9:48 PM
Sep 2022
Fight scenes were really stunning
Sep 21, 2022 5:40 AM

Apr 2013
SouthRzVa said:
This outcome could have been easily avoided if Bell would have just let Ryuu kill Jura the moment the scumbag showed his true colors. No time to call the snake monster nor time for Turk's group to set all the explosives.

But goddamn, if only Haruhime would have let Aisha fuck interrogate Turk last episode, he would have been too exhausted to lead his little group of arsonist edge-lords.

Unfortunately, since Ryu would have then have not known Jura's objective, his teammate would have proceeded to call that thing just the same. This would have gone pretty much the same way, except that the rest of the team may have been attacked by two lamton instead of one.
As fpr the secodn part, this may have been worse if anything, since they were only wary of the werewolf, so they may have missed the rest of them going away and setting the bombs.
Sep 21, 2022 7:46 AM

Sep 2014
The beginning confused me, I thought I watched last weeks ep again.

And just like I predicted, Ryu didnt actually kill the dude. And didnt get to kill the other dude too. And she got justified because the dude is comically evil. Cant have morally grey characters in the MCs harem.

Now watch the great despair having absolutely 0 consequences.

This could have been so much better if previous seasons didnt double down on the shounen aspect of avoiding all consequences.

Looking forward to finding out more about the dungeony mystery though
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Sep 21, 2022 9:25 AM
May 2021
HOLY SHIT THE SUSP{ENSE
Sep 21, 2022 11:30 AM

Jul 2016
Zefyris said:
SouthRzVa said:

Unfortunately, since Ryu would have then have not known Jura's objective, his teammate would have proceeded to call that thing just the same. This would have gone pretty much the same way, except that the rest of the team may have been attacked by two lamton instead of one.
As fpr the secodn part, this may have been worse if anything, since they were only wary of the werewolf, so they may have missed the rest of them going away and setting the bombs.

Ignoring the part with Jura explaining his evil intentions because he's cartoonish like that, I have the feeling Bell and Ryuu would have been able to regroup with the others just in time. And as for the others getting attacked by two snakes instead of one, I assumed the snake monster solely obeyed the master who had his yellow orb linked to its specific necklace...

Also I'm pretty sure Aisha's intention was to have Turk confess everything, hence stopping the explosives plan from the get go.
Sep 21, 2022 1:07 PM

Apr 2013
SouthRzVa said:
Zefyris said:

Ignoring the part with Jura explaining his evil intentions because he's cartoonish like that, I have the feeling Bell and Ryuu would have been able to regroup with the others just in time. And as for the others getting attacked by two snakes instead of one, I assumed the snake monster solely obeyed the master who had his yellow orb linked to its specific necklace...

Also I'm pretty sure Aisha's intention was to have Turk confess everything, hence stopping the explosives plan from the get go.

The floor 27 is almost as large as the whole city of Orario, and that's a maze that goes up and down. Furthermore, the other party wasn't even on floor 27, but 25 I believe. it takes hours to go from where Ryu and Bell are to where the other group was, EVEN PROVIDED that Bell and Ryu would have known exactly where the other group was, which wasn't the case obviously.
That would have required Turk to follow and confess, which considering the kind of stuff he was planning to do, is honestly relatively unlikely. Aisha when she planned this had no idea that he wasn't acting alone but with the rest of his group, nor the gruesomeness of what he was planning either. There's also nothing stopping him from unleashing the lamton on her when she's alone with him.
ZefyrisSep 21, 2022 1:11 PM
Sep 22, 2022 11:47 AM
Oct 2018
plot armor doko???
Sep 22, 2022 6:34 PM

Feb 2019
their victory was just the so-called calm before the storm.
now things are about to get crazy-er lol
Sep 23, 2022 2:35 AM

Feb 2014
If Bell didn't meddle, Jura would be dead, they could find Jura's group and stop them from "summoning despair". In a real case scenario, this outcome would be the heroic one, because if it wasn't for plot armour, a lot more people would die from Jura's move, including people from Bell's party.
Sep 30, 2022 2:21 PM

Mar 2010
Damn the hype was real about time they all fight a serious opponent that can instant kill em or somethin

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Oct 2, 2022 3:45 AM
Dec 2021
soooo f. n gooodddddddddddd
Nov 12, 2022 12:35 AM

Feb 2021
So big calamity is a giant snake? Hmm...
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Dec 20, 2022 10:10 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Welp, I guess I shouldn’t have doubted Ryu lol, but that’s what happens when you act out and don’t explain why. She’s lucky Bell is so trusting of her, and it looks like the true plot of this season has revealed itself with Jura and his fellow Evilius friends trying to spawn an overpowered floor boss called the Juggernaut by destroying the floor they’re currently on. It’s definitely similar to the Grim Reaper in the Persona games that will appear if you stay on a floor too long and wipe you lol. This was already fun but it’s getting really exciting now.

Jura pretty much being a Pokémon trainer was funny as well lol.
Feb 8, 2023 1:14 PM

Aug 2019
enemies in the walls aot style. we are gonna see some super mega bad evil enemy guy but we all know that they(bell) are gonna somehow beat it and everything will be fine which is quite annoying even though i know this series is that kind of series
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 18, 2023 12:07 PM
Jul 2016
Retarded MC and whole ep.

Mar 4, 2023 11:52 AM

Nov 2010
I don't like it when a villain is so eager to reveal his secret. It ruins the story for me. It would've been better if Bell & Ryu could figure it out on their own.
Great disaster, huh? There should be at least one major supporting cast as a casualty to satisfy me.
Mar 11, 2023 1:18 AM
Mar 2021
gran capitulo, creo que es de mis favoritos
Mar 11, 2023 1:18 AM
Mar 2021
gran capitulo, creo que es de mis favoritos
Aug 25, 2023 4:34 AM

Jan 2021
It just doesn't stop, party can't get a break
Aug 27, 2023 12:54 AM

Jul 2022
Bro, you beat the snake. You had the one-armed man cornered. Mr. Goody-two-shoes didn't even have to let Ryu kill the douche, fine, but why didn't you just take away his stupid magic whip?

The characters' decision making in this show is all over the place. It makes things feel so cheap, just to force more drama.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Shin Shou - Meikyuu-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2022

235 by hypergoob »»
Today, 3:19 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Shin Shou - Meikyuu-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2022

226 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 8:51 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Shin Shou - Meikyuu-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2022

67 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 8:48 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Shin Shou - Meikyuu-hen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2022

81 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 8:47 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Shin Shou - Meikyuu-hen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2022

110 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 8:45 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.