Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 14, 2022 11:02 AM
Aug 2022
Francisco8346 said:
Although the episode is not better than the previous one, it was very good and full of emotion, it shows that they have saved money in this episode to give it to the final episode that will last 1 hour

10/10

Right?? Last episode set the bar too high, this was amazing too though
Sep 14, 2022 11:14 AM

Sep 2020
This episode was absolutely bonkers. I couldn't keep my eyes off it. I almost forgot that they were in the sixth layer. All those monsters swarming in and even Faputa couldn't handle them.

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Sep 14, 2022 11:20 AM
Sep 2008
oh hey reg's symbol
Sep 14, 2022 11:24 AM
Aug 2015
This episode was kind of lackluster In my opinion. They try to make this emotional, but it wasn't, it was just disturbing to watch.

Faputa as a character is not that great, and the revenge arc isn't really convincing.

From the very beginning this arc is full of riddles and the clues are vague, so you can't tell what is really happening.

I get it they want to leave us a viewers to solve what is happening and come to our own conclusion, but I feel it was just unnecessary.
Story just lacked compared to season 1/movie.

Sep 14, 2022 11:25 AM
Sep 2008
jTiKey said:
Damn, I am so disappointed in this arc.

The more Faputa shouts out her "motivation" the more believable it gets. She is a one-dimensional character that has nothing but revenge for something she didn't experience. And there's so much focus, and she will most likely be part of the crew.

How did she survive outside where there were even more animals? And the robot surely wasn't stronger than her to protect her.

Nothing in this story makes sense, everything is there just for convenience. All the world-building went from best to worst.

I wish I could delete this season from my memory. Feels like I ordered my favorite food I wanted for a few years, but I got a turd.

The animals never swarmed like that outside and the one time she encountered the dragon, one of her robo companions literally sacc'd themself to let her get away.
Sep 14, 2022 11:29 AM
Jul 2019
Soo good this anime
Sep 14, 2022 11:30 AM

Aug 2015
WeFeed said:
Riot said:

It will last double length that's true. But next week won't be episode released. Within 2 weeks.
So next ep isn't coming out next week but the week after?

Yes, that's right, exactly.
Half month waiting for it.
Sep 14, 2022 11:32 AM
May 2022
DoubleR said:
This episode was kind of lackluster In my opinion. They try to make this emotional, but it wasn't, it was just disturbing to watch.

Faputa as a character is not that great, and the revenge arc isn't really convincing.

From the very beginning this arc is full of riddles and the clues are vague, so you can't tell what is really happening.

I get it they want to leave us a viewers to solve what is happening and come to our own conclusion, but I feel it was just unnecessary.
Story just lacked compared to season 1/movie.

what is vauge about this arc lol i have no problem understanding
Sep 14, 2022 11:36 AM

Sep 2008
I am not that fond of the path they took for Faputa's revenge.
Would like to see a different solution, this one was not to my taste.
They try and make it so emotional and epic and I think they overshoot the goal instead.

Not a big fan of this arc, I agree a little with what jTiKey said.
It feels forced and like they are trying to hard.

On the other hand I am not saying you can not like it, just that I feel this was not for me.
Sep 14, 2022 11:44 AM

Feb 2016
Jesus fuck how can this anime be so goddamned beautiful? Those fight scenes were absolutely nuts, the music was completely fantastic (Like always, thank you Kevin, please have my babies), and tons and tons of emotional payoff for Fapta.
Lots of emotions this episode. 10/10. Never stop being based, Tukoshi.
Sep 14, 2022 11:55 AM

Sep 2020
the last ep will make my heart tremble for sure, i'm grateful for the 1hr duration

Sep 14, 2022 11:58 AM
boop boop

Mar 2018
The music while Faputa gets eaten, holy shit, goosebumpsss
死だけが確実
Sep 14, 2022 11:58 AM

Jun 2016
Some important things are missing again like how Faputa admitted to herself that she actually doesn't know s**t about the villagers she wants to kill. But at least they adapted the scene where Irumyuui implied that she was also viewing Belaf as a parental figure, if they would have left that one out...
Sep 14, 2022 12:07 PM

Jul 2013
One episode more till we have to wait a decade for another season.
Sep 14, 2022 12:08 PM
Oct 2020
damn... brutal...
Sep 14, 2022 12:08 PM
Apr 2021
This gets better with every episode
Sep 14, 2022 12:15 PM
Dec 2019
this anime does everything very well
good story and interesting
Good soundtrack and visually it looks great
Faputa is an interesting character born from a desire for revenge who fights against her own nature to live longer.
beyond nature.
The c****n wazukyan made a good plan but luckily it doesn't seem like it's going to work
And the rest of the people are still fine, maybe Riko is the laziest of them all, but she's still fine.

What else to say about a true adventure story where the characters get lost and deviate from the main path to discover and add new experiences to their adventure.

10/10
Francisco8346Sep 14, 2022 12:46 PM
Sep 14, 2022 12:20 PM

Apr 2016
What an episode!!! Didn't believe at first that Belaf actually had a good role, I thought he was just a greedy guy that want to end his suffering, and to think he managed to change Faputa that way woww, also Gaburon's protecting Riko definitely had an big impact here. I really like Nanachi's Headgear and the color!

To see Faputa's form in the end she looked like a true princess.
Emotional Rollercoaster, the Goosebumps whole episode, can't wait for the last 1 hour episode!!!
Why do we have to live in such a cruel world?

Sep 14, 2022 12:29 PM
Mar 2015
Faputa decides to find her own value
Sep 14, 2022 12:29 PM
Jan 2022
It was a very good episode which build up a lot of potential for the seasons climax. Yet as such, I think it was missing it's own identity, ownly progressing and defining previous elements.
Sep 14, 2022 1:25 PM
Apr 2018
story is taking shape well
Sep 14, 2022 1:28 PM
Nov 2020
Loved the new Abyss Language OST!!
Sep 14, 2022 1:55 PM

Feb 2014
Even after taking down Reg, Faputa's rampage goes on, but that was when Nanachi made a very cool entrance (helped with the helmet that she has on her) with Belaf backing her up. While Belaf sacrificed himself, he did part ways with words of wisdom to Faputa that she would eventually understand.

That opportunity of realisation would happen when the natural inhabitants of the abyss finally invaded the village and a reminder of how brutally powerful they are where even Faputa struggled. Some of the animation during her struggles was insane and it captured how tough it was for her to fend off one attack after another, with the fight going all out in showing all of the blood and gory injury details. Gabu also sacrificed himself when he got the attention of the hugely powerful turbinid dragon, although it wasn't enough to stop it from leaving Faputa on the brink.

That was when the villagers all rallied around Faputa to get her back to full strength by cutting off parts of themselves. Belaf's words rang in her head again and it's helping to fuel her desire to learn about her true purpose. There's also the situation with Wazukyan taking Vueko with him into the depths, so I think Nanachi will go after them and pray that things don't go horribly wrong with either of them.

All that remains is the final episode, which will be double the length of a normal episode. While it's unfortunate that we'll have to wait two weeks for it instead of one, I think the extra long wait will be worth it if the series can nail the landing in wrapping up this arc. =)
Sep 14, 2022 1:58 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Only minor nitpick is that they give us a slideshow when faputa engages with belaf. Other than that, another masterful episode. The last one is sure to deliver on all fronts, especially the soundtrack; holy shit.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Sep 14, 2022 2:15 PM

Jul 2015
Holy shit, that was amazing!

Sep 14, 2022 2:21 PM
Feb 2020
What a great episode. Made in Abyss never disappoints.
Sep 14, 2022 2:25 PM
Dec 2017
Spechless
AOTY
So much action, emotions
Sep 14, 2022 2:35 PM

Apr 2016
ZENITH OF FICTION, I'M AFRAID
Sep 14, 2022 2:36 PM

Apr 2016
jTiKey said:

The more Faputa shouts out her "motivation" the more believable it gets. She is a one-dimensional character that has nothing but revenge for something she didn't experience. And there's so much focus, and she will most likely be part of the crew.

How did she survive outside where there were even more animals? And the robot surely wasn't stronger than her to protect her.

Nothing in this story makes sense, everything is there just for convenience. All the world-building went from best to worst.

I wish I could delete this season from my memory. Feels like I ordered my favorite food I wanted for a few years, but I got a turd.

bad take, but go off I guess
Sep 14, 2022 2:46 PM
Nov 2016
Another good episode, I've been praising the last few episodes a lot so I won't praise it anymore since I will basically be repeating the same thing but it was a pretty good episode overall, too bad the season is almost over.

Glad to see my favorite, psychopath little fluffy murderer alive and kicking, I thought she was going to die in this episode, and from the looks of it, she even got an upgrade. RIP Belaf though, you will be missed, he was the MVP on this episode.

And that prophet guy is up to something, what a scheming guy he is. I will read the manga once this season is over, we won't have another season anytime soon since we are close to the manga apparently and I don't have the patience to wait another 5 years (or more) for the next season.
xZabuzaxSep 14, 2022 3:01 PM
Sep 14, 2022 2:49 PM
May 2022
jTiKey said:

in a previous episode it is mentioned that creatures of the abyss are drawn to distrubances in the forcefield. There is also alot of life in this area that is drawing a much more significant amount of attention from said creatures.
Sep 14, 2022 3:00 PM

Mar 2021
Faputa's reaction at Past Irumyuui's joy and love for Vueko and Belaf (that one surprised me actually, I didn't realize they actually interacted) was so sad ;-;

I want a spinoff of Vueko's group before everything got messed up ._.||
Sep 14, 2022 3:07 PM

Mar 2018
Sahil_kk said:
jTiKey said:

Seriously..you are spiting fact

you guys must be watching a different show lol
Sep 14, 2022 3:09 PM
Jul 2016
awesome, heartrending episode. It had me absorbed in the story every second. Can't wait for how it'll be concluded in the final, hour long episode.
Sep 14, 2022 3:18 PM
Jan 2022
amazing animation and story
Sep 14, 2022 3:21 PM
Aug 2022
Got the sharinga and everything
Sep 14, 2022 3:54 PM

Dec 2009
Incredible how they really made you feel torn this episode, just like Faputa
Sep 14, 2022 3:55 PM
Apr 2022
A great emotional episode, but the belaf and turbinid CGI was bothersome. Wasn't as hitting as other episodes. 3/5
Sep 14, 2022 3:56 PM
Dec 2019
Another great episode, however it definitely didn't live up to episode 10, but I didn't expect it to! I will admit that certain moments like Belafu and Gabu's passing impacted me more when reading the manga vs. the anime, and I think they've poured a lot of their budget into episode 10 and the double-length last episode because there were quite a lot of 'slideshow' shots in this episode - I noticed it most when Faputa was attacking Belafu. Also wish we got some 2D Belafu at some point, but I know that's asking for a lot.

Nanachi's entrance, her new outfit and Faputa's new look at the end were amazing, that highlighted the episode for me. I'm also glad we finally get to see Riko facing some of the repercussions of using Prushka, she gets exhausted which wasn't shown or mentioned the first time she used her white whistle.

Really disappointed though that they haven't adapted the Faputa / Gaburoon flashback, it was a wonderful extra that would've really added to the emotional impact of Gabu ultimately dying.
dogtugSep 14, 2022 3:59 PM
Sep 14, 2022 4:10 PM
Negator

Mar 2022
Man all I can say is I cried like a bitch reading through the manga, and watching every episode this season has made me cry like an even bigger bitch all over again. So good, yet so painful.
Sep 14, 2022 4:15 PM
Negator

Mar 2022
Eunos said:
Sahil_kk said:

Seriously..you are spiting fact

you guys must be watching a different show lol

The one guy has dropped more anime than completed, I wouldn’t even bother.
Sep 14, 2022 5:00 PM

Sep 2018
Another sublime episode, comfortably the anime of the season for me.
Sep 14, 2022 5:05 PM

Apr 2015
Wow, what a great episode! Faputa fighting against the Abyss is definitely an interesting turn.
Sep 14, 2022 5:11 PM

Mar 2019
Episode: Solid 11/10

Episode with KP Score: 11111111/10.

AOTS, No Contenders at all.
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Sep 14, 2022 5:31 PM
Aug 2022
Horrorific and beautiful episode
Sep 14, 2022 5:34 PM

Jun 2009
Geting through a slow build up in the early episodes was worth it, because the pay off in the late ones is absolutely fantastic.
Sep 14, 2022 5:41 PM

Feb 2018
I was honestly not expecting the turn that took, especially Faputa getting beaten by all the monsters. She seemed much stronger against the villagers, but then again, killing them specifically is what she was born for.
While I did feel bad for Faputa, I think more time was needed developing her as a character to truly have her emotional conflict be meaningful, at least to me. That being said, it was still amazing to see Faputa have that conflict and ultimately decide to live for herself, and I hope her "evolved" state at the end signifies more character development to come. I really do love Faputa, she's so cute!

I hope Reg, Riko, Prushka, and Vueko are alright.
Sep 14, 2022 5:56 PM
Jan 2017
for kids anime this is really creepy episode,,i dont know what i feel when watching this
Sep 14, 2022 6:10 PM
Aug 2016
This episode solidified the season as a 10.
Sep 14, 2022 6:38 PM

Feb 2022
As I always say God in abyss releasing a beautiful chapter
 I'm not a critic or anything like that but I like to give my opinion

Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Aug 17, 2022

286 by Matheus050 »»
Apr 22, 4:26 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2022

405 by conquistadorr »»
Apr 21, 4:25 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xenocrisi - Jul 13, 2022

184 by asbest0sdust »»
Apr 20, 9:10 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2022

138 by Toooooooooohru »»
Apr 12, 8:18 AM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2022

300 by owonism »»
Mar 31, 11:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.