Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (21) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Sep 19, 2022 3:50 AM

Sep 2011
I knew how this series was gonna end and Ive been crying my eyes out. Fucking amazing and just as painful as the game
I got no time to do what I dont want to do
Sep 19, 2022 3:52 AM

Sep 2011
MarchinBunny said:
Honestly, this had me crying a lot more than I expected, more than any other anime, show, game, or movie I have seen. I knew it was coming but man, it was hard to watch without the tears rolling down my face. Course the music definitely sets the mood for that too, and that is one area I always had to give credit to CDPR for, the music in the series is top notch and very memorable. It has that thing where when you hear it, it makes you want to play the game again.

Also, why kill best girl Rebecca? Dang it! XD, I have a whole new reason to want to kill Adam Smasher in the game now.

With all that said, David is a much better character than V, in my opinion. And watching this, I do kind of wish the game was more similar to this anime, where you get to run with a crew as fun as these characters before things go sour. The game often just feels like things go sour right away, and then you are just fighting against it all the way till your dead. It almost feels pointless to make connections during that point in the game because you are dying, but it's also the only real point in the game where you can make those connections.

But I suppose I shouldn't rant about the game here. The anime was awesome, and I have to say I am going to give it a 10/10.

You should play Red Dead Redemption 2 then cause you will get those feels
I got no time to do what I dont want to do
Sep 19, 2022 4:59 AM

Nov 2018
Just finished watching this in the dub, really good anime, probably the best show Trigger has ever made

Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Check out my list of emojis you can copy and paste in the forums here. List will expand in the future.
Sep 19, 2022 5:28 AM
Sep 2022
Gooddddddddddddddd
Sep 19, 2022 5:43 AM

Jun 2015
Thank god there is production companies making real shows. I dont mind who carries them, but thank god right now netflix is bringing content as an adult I like.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Sep 19, 2022 5:50 AM

Jun 2015
RD2? What a ... W"ait I need to check my language. they ban me at every opportunity.

NecroNomix said:
MarchinBunny said:
Honestly, this had me crying a lot more than I expected, more than any other anime, show, game, or movie I have seen. I knew it was coming but man, it was hard to watch without the tears rolling down my face. Course the music definitely sets the mood for that too, and that is one area I always had to give credit to CDPR for, the music in the series is top notch and very memorable. It has that thing where when you hear it, it makes you want to play the game again.

Also, why kill best girl Rebecca? Dang it! XD, I have a whole new reason to want to kill Adam Smasher in the game now.

With all that said, David is a much better character than V, in my opinion. And watching this, I do kind of wish the game was more similar to this anime, where you get to run with a crew as fun as these characters before things go sour. The game often just feels like things go sour right away, and then you are just fighting against it all the way till your dead. It almost feels pointless to make connections during that point in the game because you are dying, but it's also the only real point in the game where you can make those connections.

But I suppose I shouldn't rant about the game here. The anime was awesome, and I have to say I am going to give it a 10/10.

You should play Red Dead Redemption 2 then cause you will get those feels
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Sep 19, 2022 8:26 AM
Jun 2022
the best anime i've ever seen.
Sep 19, 2022 9:00 AM
May 2020
trying to recover
Sep 19, 2022 10:15 AM
Jun 2021
lmao writing this real late
I have not played the game yet so some of things were hard to remember and some i just didn't understand. Overall tho really liked it visuals, animation and story. I don't know what more they can do with this anime, may be take the focus on Lucy, personally i don't think they should continue it because i really liked how the show ended. I hope other game adaptations like the Nier Automata and The Genshin Impact do the same where even if i have not played the game i can still enjoy the story.
Sep 19, 2022 10:21 AM

Apr 2020
Usually I can understand where the hype is coming from, but this right here was dogshit. Where the fuck were the good action scenes? The insane animation? Didn't expect an amazing story but this shit wasn't any better than some of the cyberpunk shlock from last century.

Episode 6 also had the worst pacing I'ever seen and some terrible direction.

I genuinely don't get why some people are blown away.
Sep 19, 2022 10:47 AM
Sep 2022
Ending was masterpiece, sad but masterpiece
Sep 19, 2022 12:35 PM
Oct 2021
absalout masterpiece this anime re-ignited my want to play the game and had such impactful characters and writing, also the soundtrack is amazimg!
Sep 19, 2022 12:39 PM
Jan 2016
Still crying two days after finishing it. I really need more of this characters (especially Lucy). It's been so long since I felt that empty!
Sep 19, 2022 1:07 PM

Dec 2015
Best girl Becca gets smashed under giant robot booty...0/10
Sep 19, 2022 1:23 PM
Jul 2020
Pain...Beautiful ecstatic pain
Sep 19, 2022 2:35 PM

May 2016
What were the end credits illustrating, if anything? I saw Lucy crying and whatnot?
Sep 19, 2022 3:14 PM
Sep 2009
And there I thought Odd Taxi was the only show that can tell a story THAT well in just one cour.
Hats off for Trigger, they pulled off a good one this time. Marathoned the whole thing in one sitting, good night's sleep be damned, never regretted it.
Sep 19, 2022 4:33 PM
Oct 2019
had me in my feels had to revaluate life after
Sep 19, 2022 4:34 PM

Sep 2022
wowee i'm feeling really fucking sad again
yeah i'd kick a baby for a dollar
Sep 19, 2022 4:35 PM

Sep 2022
vampirenazuna said:
I knew it was coming man.... i KNEW it was coming and it didnt hurt any less.
I had at least hoped maybe rebecca would make it out alive, but only lucy lives on to tell the tale of david.
Falco lived too, he gives V a side quest in the game
yeah i'd kick a baby for a dollar
Sep 19, 2022 7:07 PM
Aug 2022
made me buy the game lol the marketing worked
Sep 19, 2022 7:28 PM
Jul 2021
What an amazing show. Surprised that Falco made it, but I am kinda glad that he did. Someone's gotta tell David's legend, and Lucy can't, with being on the moon and all.
Sep 19, 2022 7:41 PM

Jan 2011
glad this is finally over i was one of those people that thought this was goanna be a flop outside of it being done by Trigger so expectations were real low coming in but it turned out far better than that.

but at the same time did i personally enjoy my time watching edgerunners? no it was awful but that's because anything with a lot of gore is going to be a huge turn off for me i've grown outta that but it's fine if people are super into it but it does nothing for me and i know that's a theme of cyberpunk nudlity gore and crazy cyber shit and the former is what i'm far more interested in ,and while trigger nailed the vibe and atmosphere of what i feel like what cyberpunk would feel like they seriously went over board of the nightmare body horror which i was fooled into thinking it wouldn't be so bad i mean c'mon how often do you see this much gore from a trigger anime almost never lol

and this show spends so much time focusing on that, and once you move on from that you end up with some really good storyboarding/ direction at times with episode 6 being the most stand out episode outside of the first 1 pair that with really great music and it really brings this show together...at times though because the actual overrall story and characters aren't all that great and maybe almost kinda flat apart of me feels like maybe it's like that in the game because i heard many people say the writting isn't that good in 2077 but i will have to see whenever i do play it

i wont rant too much more because i think edgerunners is a good anime even a better one of triggers works but frankly it was super not for me and that's fine

it had a strong start a and a pretty mild middle part and due to it's rapid pacing in trigger like fashion ended very predictably and too soon without reallly spending too much time on the actually interesting aspect of the setting for me at the cost of we must show people getting murdered all the time!

also Faraday amounted to nothing what a joke of a cool design sure adam smasher was cool but he killed everyones gremlin. so wasn't too fond of him after that
7.5/10 nobody gets a happy end
katsu044Sep 19, 2022 7:44 PM
Sep 19, 2022 8:28 PM

Oct 2013
8/10. I'm killing Adam Smasher.
"We brawlers are sustained by willpower! Even when mocked as reckless and crazy!"
Sep 19, 2022 9:47 PM
Apr 2018
Someone please hug Lucy
Sep 19, 2022 11:39 PM

Feb 2021
In the end, David is dead :(
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Sep 20, 2022 12:01 AM
Jul 2022
Trigger does it again. Amazing.
Sep 20, 2022 2:36 AM
Mar 2020
A bittersweet ending executed to perfection, although I'm still sad they killed my boy David. Overall a beautiful and raunchy anime with great animation, great characters and design. Best anime to come out in the last 6 months.
Sep 20, 2022 3:36 AM
Apr 2021
FUCKKKKK MANNNNN I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW I KNEW IT AND IT STILL HAPPENED😢😢😢🥺😢😢😢David was such a nice soul and I knew his demise was coming back I had false hope thinking he might pull through. And my girl Rebecca why didn’t you move out the wayyyy😞😞😞 at least Lucy managed to achieve her dream and David’s dream and went to the moon🥹
Sep 20, 2022 5:49 AM
Feb 2019
beautiful, made me cry
Sep 20, 2022 6:19 AM
Dec 2019
this anime is a big waste of potential
started off good, pacing becomes cluster fuck from ep 8-10
so many plot holes and loose end
maybe because they only has literal 30 seconds for closing off
i hate how lucy's character completely butchered towards the end
started off interesting, literally becomes vegetable princess in the end
Sep 20, 2022 8:45 AM
May 2016
Antera said:
I am really salty that they killed Rebecca.....

Literally felt the same. I could feel the end would be kinda of like how it happened but really wished Rebecca survived :(
Sep 20, 2022 9:10 AM
Apr 2018
such an epic conclusion. congrats to trigger, they finally produced the masterpiece with both the spectacle and writing (the part they were missing)
Sep 20, 2022 12:08 PM
Oct 2021
The animation was splendid studio trigger has gone all out for this project loved the story and the ending of the anime
Sep 20, 2022 12:09 PM
Sep 2022
This is exactly Neon Genesis Evangelion budget delivering a huge amount of trauma with some beautiful nightlife city scence and won't open I really want to stay at your house while driving in cyberpunk thanks!
Sep 20, 2022 12:57 PM

Aug 2008
It has been almost a week and I still think about it. I just can get it out of my head. It's the one anime/show in recent memory or at all that made me so sad. Usually, after a day, I'm ok.

I think having played the game prior, made it so I go much more invested and quicker in the main characters. I didn't need to understand the world, because I have already been there. The scene with the ambulance stretcher on the highway, followed by the Moon BD is what solidified Lucy as best girl for me. Which got me more interested in their relationship.

Then the ending happen. The moment I saw Smasher, I knew it was bad, just not how much. Seen the Lucy epilogue on the Moon made it really hard for me. Then the ending song and animation got new meaning for me. It shows how Lucy was grieving after she lost David, for some time before she decided to go to the Moon. The song is also like a love/apology letter from David how he couldn't do it together. (I was crying while I wrote this.)

I really hope that due to the success of the Edgerunners, CDPR adds more stuff in the game. Like to make all apartments accessible, to leave some clues where the Lucy and Falco went. Currently, you only get David's Jacket and Rebecca's gun Guts, which is underwhelming. At least, I can't wait for some modder to add them.
Sep 20, 2022 2:38 PM
May 2021
Damn what a rollercoaster!! Such a sad ending but this anime is just so beautiful… speechless man.
Sep 20, 2022 2:41 PM
Feb 2016
A must watch for sure! what a rollercoaster of emotions
Sep 20, 2022 3:16 PM
Jun 2019
This was great! Until they killed Rebecca for literally no reason.
Sep 20, 2022 4:07 PM

Jul 2020
Pretty much a shorter version of Akame ga Kill in sci-fi setting lol
Well, tbh I expected Lucy to shoot herself on the Moon or something, I'm glad she lived after all
InexplicableSep 20, 2022 4:20 PM
Sep 20, 2022 4:17 PM
Sep 2016
boring af, events were all over the place and the ending was pretty dissapointing... about that ig. See ya.
Sep 20, 2022 4:18 PM
Sep 2019
Great anime great visual and sound track
Sep 20, 2022 5:22 PM
Jan 2019
TIER SSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Sep 20, 2022 5:53 PM

Oct 2021
I dislike bittersweet endings that's on the sad side like this. The ending really was a sad and lonely one.

Overall the anime was great, it had me hooked. Animation and vibes were very good. I loved the fact that I didn't need to wait an entire season to watch it. I'm not a fan of the whole society is horribly corrupt so crime's the only option, but I can't say I disliked it either.

Honestly this still had a lot of unrealized potential. If more time and commitment were given they could have reached even greater heights, but their idea was a quick videogame adaptation that does the job well.

I was really hoping to see the crew do something more inspiring rather than dying without even getting to say their last words. I also wanted to see David and Lucy get their happy ending. Who knows maybe well get a season two, afterall we didn't actually see david die, and netflix likes to test success...

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Don't try and get me to cook
I can take care of anything
else but not that

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Sep 20, 2022 11:18 PM

Jun 2016
No idea if it's supposed to lead in to the game, but this last ep with Adam Smasher felt pretty forced.

Introducing a brand new hypervillain to take a massive dump on David while killing Rebecca and overshadowing all the asscorp scheming was completely unnecessary imo. His foreshadowing was essentially a single convo with Doc a while back, and some mid-rung exec scheming behind the "higher-ups" backs can somehow summon a corporate cyborg killing god, who also is completely forgotten after throwing Smasher at David.

And for how much Rebecca's char developed over the past 2 eps, her death was easily one of the most pointless, overshadowed in seconds.

David dying or going psycho while taking revenge on asscorp and Faraday with Rebecca surviving would have been a perfectly good ending. Hell throw a post credit scene of these "higher-ups" summoning Adam Smasher to lead into a potential sequel for good measure. Would not have changed the emotional aspects of the ep at all.
Sep 20, 2022 11:53 PM
Feb 2022
Damn that was bleak but understandable this anime painted the world as unforgiving and it was exactly that 10/10 no notes
Sep 21, 2022 12:57 AM

Jan 2018
10 episode format might be perfect for Netflix's binge model but I really think there should've been more episodes to help the pacing a bit. I really wish the ending was made in a way to support a sequel of sorts but guess not.

I hate these endings where everyone dies but at least Lucy survived and achieved her dream. Thanks to David.

Considering how poorly received Cyberpunk 2077 was I didn't expect too much out of this anime so this was a surprise. Now I want to play the game but I only have a PS4 Slim... so that's a no-go.
Sep 21, 2022 2:57 AM

Mar 2019
I thought it was great. First two episodes weren't that impressive, but once Maine's group was introduced the show got on fire. Trigger did a an impressive job making me care about these characters in such a short amount of time. I stated before in another episode thread that Maine's and Dorio's deaths would have hit harder on like on a hypothetical 20th-something episode once we really got to became attached to them, but nonetheless it's impressive how I cared about these characters in such a short number of episodes.

I didn't like the music often... I don't really picture alternative rock when I think of cyber punk themes, so I would always skip the opener. It did not get me in the mood to enjoy the show. The music within the show was sometimes good, and sometimes didn't fit. I didn't like the ED. Animation and voice acting-wise it was excellent.
Sep 21, 2022 4:12 AM
Dec 2020
this show was really good and what cyberpunk should have been like. Love the characters and the entire world in this anime. This world is futuristic and bizarre . However i feel really bad for David. Looking less human in the end and more like an abomination of cyberware.
The show ended really good and i don't think it needs a sequel.
Sep 21, 2022 5:17 AM
Aug 2021
The ending man, the ending :( top tier
Gotta go fast!
Pages (21) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Why isn’t the cyberpsycho guy listed as a character on MAL?

SwagsOnB - May 6

12 by deg »»
Yesterday, 10:09 AM

Poll: » Cyberpunk: Edgerunners Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Pre_Yum - Sep 13, 2022

97 by Wiziliz »»
Apr 25, 6:12 AM

Poll: » Cyberpunk: Edgerunners Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Fishb0i - Sep 13, 2022

168 by JVskunkape »»
Apr 24, 4:34 AM

Poll: » Cyberpunk: Edgerunners Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Pre_Yum - Sep 13, 2022

200 by Wiziliz »»
Apr 20, 1:20 AM

Poll: » Cyberpunk: Edgerunners Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Pre_Yum - Sep 13, 2022

93 by kixann »»
Apr 19, 3:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.