Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 8, 2022 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
Desperate calls for desperate measures. A chilling episode but I feel like Shinpei is still carrying way too much responsibility on his shoulders.

Meanwhile, Ushio demonstrated this episode that she's really not afraid of taking any risks. Props to her for standing up against the tide and Shadows but she should be more careful.
Sep 8, 2022 9:24 AM
Jun 2020
It time go to Isekai for Final Battle
Sep 8, 2022 9:36 AM

Dec 2021
The thought that Ushio will be gone in the end makes me sad.
Sep 8, 2022 9:55 AM
Jul 2022
Gotta wait till tomorrow for this episode to come out. It comes late at where I live.
Sep 8, 2022 11:12 AM
Mar 2021
This anime is so peak
One Piece Gintama Jojos Bizzare Adventure Are My Favorite Anime
Sep 8, 2022 3:40 PM

May 2019
YEP that just happened. And I don't think I've mentioned this, but I kinda like how some subs try to mimic the island accent.

Imagine being in the middle of a "potential" fight scene only to be interrupted until it was getting good? Yeah, couldn't be me, but it kinda cut the tension a bit. Well, I guess that's the end of that. Anyways, at least we got some info about Guil after that weird thing with Sou, so that's an advantage to them as a result of what happened last week, but slightly undercut by the weakness of damaging the pilot as well as the shadow. Per his character, at least the latter tries to stay optimistic before being struck down with Shinpei's realist attitude.

"The bastard set that as the respawn point!"
From this, now we know where that calm yet smug look came from the previous loop, and with an interesting plan to boot. Technically this is a do-or-die mission at this point, so already the tensity of the series reemerges after a short interval, and it looks like the "corruption/hacking" ability is back on the line. On the other hand, I appreciate the time card that was placed in the beginning of the episode; I never realized that we reached the 10th loop already and that this is probably the most I've seen Tokiko's eyes open ever. Additionally, since human Mio doesn't really show up in this episode, I'm assuming that she's just staying put as, logically, she is the most vulnerable person in the group aside from Sou.

As we approach the end of the series, high stakes grow even higher, plans are becoming much more complex, and each group has taken into account where the other might be and how to close 'em in. Honestly, what other stops will the production team pull if we're hoping for a truly tremendous ending? All the buildup and the fight scenes continue to deliver in this episode that, for me, it would be hard to sum up in just a couple short paragraphs; and of course, there is a big plot point that comes up and will carry on until the end of the adaptation.

"Get going you dumbass!"

The MommyFox subs seem to have the most swearing in this episode, but I really like that detail; really makes the character emotions colorful.
NekOniiChanSep 8, 2022 3:58 PM
Sep 8, 2022 5:09 PM

May 2021
I thought Daddy subs released the fastest. Guess today was an exception. Anyways, cool episode. Was really weirded out by how Guil's immunity works. The fact that they go into his butt lol. Seems like we will have our final boss battle against Shide in the next one or two episodes. They better give us an Ep 15 again.

Sep 8, 2022 5:28 PM
Jun 2020
Pretty damn good!
Sep 8, 2022 5:49 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
As most probably would have guessed, Haine is but a victim to the true mastermind that is Shide

NYANPASU
5700XT

Sep 8, 2022 6:15 PM

Sep 2019
Characters are dying all over the place. Meanwhile, Shide just won't die huh?
Sep 8, 2022 6:54 PM
Jul 2020
What can I say? This episode was a masterpiece.
Sep 8, 2022 7:32 PM
Mar 2015
After all that Haine and Shide are still alive
Sep 8, 2022 7:36 PM
Sep 2021
one of the best eps so far
Sep 8, 2022 8:10 PM
Oct 2020
Shide just won't die dammit. Die already!
Sep 8, 2022 8:52 PM

Aug 2011
Holy shit shide at this point we're going to need Sephiroth to beat this guy
Sep 8, 2022 9:38 PM
Aug 2015
Haine entering Ushio and Shinpei body. Their eyes both red. And where is Mio chan and the police?

Also. Shadow mio is MVP this episode for me. Killing shide and control Ushio from doing reckless move.
Sep 8, 2022 10:10 PM

Jan 2021
hendrisaputro65 said:
Haine entering Ushio and Shinpei body. Their eyes both red. And where is Mio chan and the police?

Also. Shadow mio is MVP this episode for me. Killing shide and control Ushio from doing reckless move.

Haine did not enter Ushio's body in this episode. Ushio was made by Haine's other self that fled when she ate Ryunuske to begin with.
Sep 9, 2022 12:48 AM
Aug 2013
I just have one question, why does Ushio travel back with Shinpe to his exact location? Maybe I missed the explanation -- that's the only thing I didn't get.
I know she must hold Shinpei to travel back with him -- if she doesn't then she will just replace the Ushio in the new loop right?
Sep 9, 2022 1:14 AM

May 2021
Great episode!
When Shinpei is inside Guil, seems Haine can't use the handprint to track him.
Shide's armour and Haine have finally been defeated!
Ushio can't help but feel sad even after her victory.
She held back in the fight...
And her eye is red!
Not to mention Shide is still alive?!

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Sep 9, 2022 1:48 AM

Aug 2020
Tan waifu saves Ushio from being drastic, noice. That Ushio shield tho was awesome af it's like that ball Ang does with air only lethal. Man I am in love with this anime. I'm also watching Call of The Night and Lycoris Recoil and I love them all. I'm so happy.

I never thought they would use the original nailgun again, that's proper planing and really the show just keeps on showing its' excellent writing. We have only a few episodes left so I'll avoid much speculation. I do hope we'll see another excellent suspense x supernatural mixture soon. I need those vibes to keep me on the edge, suspense really gives shows its' flavor, to top it off the MC is smart and y'all know we love that. The most evident suspense nowadays is in Sci Fi shows, which is good but I'm saying I only notice it there.
Sep 9, 2022 1:49 AM

Aug 2020
Levi1108 said:
Gotta wait till tomorrow for this episode to come out. It comes late at where I live.

Bro, never spoil yerself here
Sep 9, 2022 2:05 AM
Dec 2021
ANOTHER CLIFFHANGER! Can't wait to see the next battle!!!
Sep 9, 2022 2:07 AM
Jul 2022
kalepf22 said:
Levi1108 said:

Bro, never spoil yerself here

Yeah I didn't read any
Sep 9, 2022 2:35 AM
Oct 2020
All the threads are slowly coming together, Loved the episode with reveal at the end.
Sep 9, 2022 5:25 AM
Mar 2022
God.. we’re so close to the end and the anime’s quality and slowing down even a bit
Sep 9, 2022 5:50 AM

Aug 2020
Danickcoolman said:

Correction, series*
Sep 9, 2022 5:52 AM

Aug 2020
UaEfAlCoN83 said:
I just have one question, why does Ushio travel back with Shinpe to his exact location? Maybe I missed the explanation -- that's the only thing I didn't get.
I know she must hold Shinpei to travel back with him -- if she doesn't then she will just replace the Ushio in the new loop right?

Shes always traveled with him, but if shes not holding him i think shell appear on a random spot in the time line
Sep 9, 2022 6:13 AM

Oct 2016
I don't know what the fuck was happening at the end, but banger episode. Well, mostly how Ushio and Shinpei's eyes turned red and Shide still being alive.

Shide, how many times are we gonna teach you this lesson old man. How many Shide babies did you make you sick fuck. Mio a real one though for immediately stabbing Shide in the head when the opportunity arose.

Ushio's fighting style is just really cool. Shoutout to Tokiko too, I love her voice actor. Her and Nezu better be alive though. Cause, we're inevitably going to lose Shadow Mio, Ushio and Ryuunosuke T_T. Can't wait for the next episode.
Sep 9, 2022 6:14 AM
Jul 2020
kalepf22 said:
Danickcoolman said:

Correction, series*

My fault bro, you’re totally right
Sep 9, 2022 6:35 AM

Nov 2018
Honestly it was nice. However I'm unsure how they're going to fit the ending of the series in just 3 eps
Sep 9, 2022 6:40 AM

Jun 2016
too fucking good this anime !!!
Sep 9, 2022 7:04 AM
Jan 2022
summertime render is the anime among the airing ones that don't disappoint i really enjoy this episodes as always
Sep 9, 2022 8:27 AM

Jul 2017
Ushio is back, and she is kicking ass striaghtaway with Shinpei against the many façades of Shide. But as is all things with the many shadows, at least there's Shadow Mio as a safeguard to allow Shinpei to "return by death", but plus the Shadow baby Guil together to execute their forward plan together with the 10th loop to destroy Hiruko's body, and fast.

With the restart point being Hiruko Cave, Karikiri and Haine were played by Shinpei, and they have no choice but to follow the joint. Whereas for Shinpei and the gang, they're making good progress by anticipating events and using what they have to break down walls a.k.a Hiruko's barrier where her real body is enclosed. With all the knowledge from prior battles, Shinpei, Ushio and Sou's fruits slowly bear fruit, and their counter attack against Karikiri/Shide is finally working towards his demise.

But, Hiruko's body is still alive if Shadow Mio didn't disappear, and that means that Shide isn't all defeated yet.
Is Shide immortal? After all that effort to kill him that turns naught...
Sep 9, 2022 8:35 AM
Aug 2013
kalepf22 said:
UaEfAlCoN83 said:

Shes always traveled with him, but if shes not holding him i think shell appear on a random spot in the time line

But why is she the only one who appears as a different person rather than entering the body of the Ushio that exists in that particular loop?
Sep 9, 2022 8:59 AM
Apr 2020
Shide just won't die like please just die okay nobody likes you at all. Just leave Haine alone and Shinpei and friends as well. Hoping for a good ending even though we know Ushio and Shadow Mio won't be with us anymore.
Sep 9, 2022 9:08 AM

Aug 2020
Danickcoolman said:
kalepf22 said:

Correction, series*

My fault bro, you’re totally right

:D I wonder when the next suspense, thriller, supernatural anime with similar quality will be released. This one definitely blasted its' way to my tops. Chainsaw Man is coming but it's action, rather than suspense or thriller. I rememeber when Mayoiga released, it could've been great but eh, it wasted the opportunities it had.
Sep 9, 2022 9:23 AM
Oct 2021
Another unpredictable episode for me!!!
Sep 9, 2022 9:25 AM
Aug 2015
Episode was alright, but I think it's about time they wrap it up too. Now it just drags on. The battles are mostly bullshit. I'm tired of Shide coming back. To be fair, the series doesn't have too many episodes left as well.
DoubleRSep 9, 2022 9:55 AM
Sep 9, 2022 9:33 AM

Aug 2020
UaEfAlCoN83 said:
kalepf22 said:

But why is she the only one who appears as a different person rather than entering the body of the Ushio that exists in that particular loop?

It probably depends on Haine's powers, because this Ushio iirc is the eye that popped out of Haine during the Ryonosuke feeding time. The eye powers, were then transfered to Shinpei as seen in the first episode. Since true shadow Ushio died, her memories in the shell were no longer a shared existence but a fragment, think like muscles of a severed snake still contracting. Now whether or not she would've regenerated from the shell or died without finding blob Ushio in the water to fuse with, that is questionable. But yeah, if anyone read ahead please don't spoil us and don't quote me in spoilers tnx.
Sep 9, 2022 9:48 AM

Jul 2019
Shadow Mio stabbing Shide felt so damn good. But WTF happened at the end? Please die once it for all Shideee!
Sep 9, 2022 11:46 AM
Apr 2021
WHY IS THIS ANIME NOT A RATING OF 9 ITS SOOOOO GOOD😭😩 and Mio stabbing Shide square in the head was brutal and such a badass moves😩
Treyv0nSep 9, 2022 11:50 AM
Sep 9, 2022 11:53 AM

Mar 2014
Raegal1 said:
Shide just won't die dammit. Die already!

Maybe if we replace the "D" in his name with "N", that might just kill him!
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Sep 9, 2022 12:51 PM

May 2009
DoubleR said:
Episode was alright, but I think it's about time they wrap it up too. Now it just drags on. The battles are mostly bullshit. I'm tired of Shide coming back. To be fair, the series doesn't have too many episodes left as well.

I'm with you. It hasn't managed to get me hyped the heck up like Re:Zero has. I've been ready for this anime to be over since sensei was killed off.
Gaming channel just for fun: https://www.youtube.com/cataorshane
Sep 9, 2022 2:31 PM

Feb 2021
I already know that Ushio is gonna disappear and its only a matter of time until it happens. Its so sad...

But we also see how Haine can't track Shinpei when he is inside of Guil, which is kinda odd. Also, Ushio now has a red eye like Haine??
Sep 9, 2022 4:57 PM

Jan 2011
anyone knows how many loops does he still have? i thought we didnt have those anymore
Sep 9, 2022 8:39 PM

Feb 2021
Holy shit we're at endgame now! What Haine has done is unforgivable, but at the same time she is also a victim of Shide; lulled by his sweet yet false promise (I imagine). Both Shide is killed and we now have a THIRD ONE? Shide just won't fucking die. I'm guessing the previous two were mere copies or clones and this last one is the real, ultimate Shide.

If Shide appears before the gang, that means Nezu-san dies. Damn.

Serious Tokiko with both eyes open, you don't want to mess with her. Hopefully she survives.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Sep 9, 2022 8:41 PM

Feb 2021
silversaint said:
anyone knows how many loops does he still have? i thought we didnt have those anymore
He manages to extend his time alive during the previous loop (forgot which one). Not sure how many more times he can loop, but I guess he can loop once or twice now.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Sep 9, 2022 9:05 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Tokiko got real serious and the plan for, I guess, the final battle against Shide god form is on. Man, this is the climax.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Sep 10, 2022 2:58 AM
Apr 2021
WHOAWHOAHWHOAWHOA
Sep 10, 2022 3:44 AM
Mar 2022
Actuall masterpiece
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2022

472 by UltraMonkeyX »»
May 7, 7:53 AM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 28, 2022

144 by RGreatDanton »»
May 1, 12:55 PM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 21, 2022

193 by RGreatDanton »»
May 1, 12:41 PM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2022

340 by RGreatDanton »»
May 1, 9:37 AM

» [Spoilers] So how did Ushio get... ?

SabreDrago - Sep 23, 2022

25 by Cyrose »»
Apr 23, 7:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.