Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 23, 2022 12:22 PM

Sep 2020
Is anyone else finding this current arc very boring. The character interactions are great and all but they are completely retconning previous statements such as the Panda Girl being human for a few scenes this episode for no reason? Like last time she had a strawberry sweet that worked for a few hours and then it failed to work ever again. Maybe I missed a detail from the past season though…

I’m guessing this whole arc is an ad to people and places that have helped to crowd fund this season because this whole arc feels like an ad. I wouldn’t mind stuff like this for an episode or two but now we are on 4-5. I just want them to go back to the apartment building soon…
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 23, 2022 12:55 PM
Nov 2021
Yes totally agree
It's was good during 2 episodes but rn it's feel less funny and start to get boring
I really thought they will end it when everyone was there at the end of episode 6 if I remember

It's still cool to learn things about different places but yes it feels like a big ad
Hope they go back in the appartement soon
Aug 23, 2022 1:01 PM
Oct 2020
Yes!!! Thank god I’m not the only one. This whole arc sucks. I was fine with that OVA episode in Hokkaido before X started, but to spend the last few episodes on more promotional tourism? That’s just filler
Aug 23, 2022 1:49 PM
Jul 2022
I can't say I dislike these episodes but I agree that this has by far been the weakest part of the entire series.
I get wanting to thank your sponsors and I totally wouldn't have minded 1 or 2 episodes of it but to use up almost half the episodes of the entire season at this point is just too much...
Aug 23, 2022 3:42 PM

Jul 2014
The fundamental problem here isn't that they're using these episodes to promote tourism, but that they aren't actually funny. If they had funny jokes, I could forgive them spending so much time on promoting tourism, but it doesn't feel like they're even trying to be funny. They just feel lazy and like the show has completely sold out rather than trying to be meta with everything.
Aug 23, 2022 6:20 PM

Sep 2019
I'm still enjoying the show, but 3 straight tourism/OVA episodes shouldn't be the best way to approach it. Given how well the show started, I didn't expect it to go this way. Though I must say that the most recent episode is the best of the 3 tourism episodes so far.
Aug 23, 2022 7:45 PM
Jan 2020
Yeah this arc just doesn't hit like the first few episodes have especially s3 ep1 which I still think is one of the best episodes of the series.
As Long as the Sun, the moon, and the Earth exist, everything will be alright.
Aug 24, 2022 2:35 AM
Nov 2021
I completely agree, this arc feel less than an anime and more of a promotional ad, any filler beach episode would be better than this.
Aug 24, 2022 6:36 AM

Aug 2018
Lot a sour people in this thread. There’s lots of other things to watch, so quit wasting your time watching something you’re whining about.
Aug 24, 2022 8:03 AM
Aug 2022
These just feel like filler episodes rather than an arc, and I do hope that they return to the apartment soon.
Aug 24, 2022 8:43 AM

Sep 2020
NoviSun said:
Lot a sour people in this thread. There’s lots of other things to watch, so quit wasting your time watching something you’re whining about.

We are not sour. We just think this arc is bad and has dragged out to long. Some people may drop this show because of this arc but most of us wont. It’s a good show and I still really love the characters. Is a magical thing called an “opinion” (look it up in a dictionary) and we would like to hear other peoples views and opinions.

You have not stated your opinion and have just called us “sour people”. Henceforth no one cares about what you say no longer.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 24, 2022 9:15 AM

Jan 2013
All I'm saying is: WORST - DEBT COLLECTORS - EVER

Meaning this arc went for too long for a random Slice of Life comedy.
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Aug 24, 2022 9:19 AM

Sep 2020
SHINOBI-03 said:
All I'm saying is: WORST - DEBT COLLECTORS - EVER

Meaning this arc went for too long for a random Slice of Life comedy.
Yeah true, you think if she has escaped multiple times you would bring more men to go get her. We do have new characters to introduce so I think next episode will most likely be the last for this arc
Aug 25, 2022 1:28 AM

Aug 2018
Yuri_Niji said:
NoviSun said:

We are not sour. We just think this arc is bad and has dragged out to long. Some people may drop this show because of this arc but most of us wont. It’s a good show and I still really love the characters. Is a magical thing called an “opinion” (look it up in a dictionary) and we would like to hear other peoples views and opinions.

You have not stated your opinion and have just called us “sour people”. Henceforth no one cares about what you say no longer.
Like I said, a lot of sour people in this thread.
Aug 25, 2022 6:40 AM

Dec 2018
Episode 9 is still in this arc judging by the preview.
Aug 25, 2022 9:44 AM

Jul 2022
The theme for Jashin-chan itself, whether it's the anime or manga version, is more to be a wacky, random, unrealistic, out-of-mind, simple, and bizarre comedy (+a little bit of blood).

So it's very normal for people who enjoy that kind of theme will expect it to happen and will become disappointed or bored when they didn't get those. It's not about likes or nah, but it just didn't reach the market/viewers' expectations.

Aug 26, 2022 12:30 AM

Mar 2021
I get where people are coming from but I literally expect nothing out of this show/series except to be dumb and random. I have felt that way about it from the very beginning and it is still that way, plus I legit enjoy learning about random tourist stuff in Japan.

I won't say it's *good* though, 'cuz it's not, but I never thought it was good - I thought it was dumb, random, and fun, and it still works for me on that level. But considering I've only really liked this and SpyxFamily and a couple others this year, I'll take the wins I get.
Aug 26, 2022 2:10 PM

Apr 2012
NoviSun said:
Yuri_Niji said:

I could remind you that referring to your own words is not an argument, but he was right. You don't protect a show from criticism just by attacking those who complain about something.
Aug 26, 2022 4:24 PM

Aug 2018
RobertBobert said:
NoviSun said:

I could remind you that referring to your own words is not an argument, but he was right. You don't protect a show from criticism just by attacking those who complain about something.
Long time, no see Robert. Immature whining doesn't make for an argument either. As hard as it is to believe many sour people basically get a warped sexual thrill by constant whining. I for one think that's sick and I will have no part of it.
Aug 26, 2022 6:02 PM

Apr 2012
NoviSun said:
RobertBobert said:

Long time, no see Robert. Immature whining doesn't make for an argument either. As hard as it is to believe many sour people basically get a warped sexual thrill by constant whining. I for one think that's sick and I will have no part of it.

You're just repeating arrogant labeling, which is just aggressive but not an argument.
Aug 31, 2022 2:27 PM

Apr 2012
Well, judging by the credits of the 9th episode, in the 10th everything will return to normal. That is, to Tokyo and the plot of the manga.
Aug 31, 2022 4:27 PM

Oct 2007
I do understand that the sponsors would have to be thanked.. but the tourism episodes are simply too many already? One or two should have been enough.

The joke about Jashin combining with an animal is funny at first, but it now feels repetitive and boring.

these tourism episodes destroyed the good start that the anime had in the first episodes.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jashin-chan Dropkick X Episode 10 Discussion

KANLen09 - Sep 6, 2022

17 by wildhood »»
Jan 25, 3:45 PM

Poll: » Jashin-chan Dropkick X Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Sep 20, 2022

38 by bushman66 »»
Jan 11, 5:50 PM

Poll: » Jashin-chan Dropkick X Episode 9 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Aug 30, 2022

25 by wildhood »»
Jan 4, 9:11 PM

» Crowdfunding goal for OVA anime sequel reached; sequel in production

Boazanian - Nov 30, 2022

8 by Fuwa_san »»
Jul 1, 2023 8:59 PM

Poll: » Jashin-chan Dropkick X Episode 3 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Jul 19, 2022

25 by Karva1 »»
Apr 18, 2023 4:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.