Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 18, 2022 8:10 AM

Jul 2011
This last episode fights were very good.

Heihachi pulling a gun and shooting, was very on brand.

The end was good and bad, good that is open for another season, and bad because was too open with Jin flying away, then credits.
Aug 18, 2022 9:48 AM

Apr 2020
BlichoBoy said:
This last episode fights were very good.

Heihachi pulling a gun and shooting, was very on brand.

The end was good and bad, good that is open for another season, and bad because was too open with Jin flying away, then credits.

The whole show was an homage to Tekken 3. That's how Jin's arcade ends in the game so for me it was great.

I wish they showed the whole tournament though. 8/10
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Aug 18, 2022 6:02 PM
Sep 2015
I don't understand why they did a lot of things that they did this episode. Paul Phoenix was supposed to defeat ogre, not Jin. Instead Heihachi just sat there cock blocking him the entire time, so stupid. I was rooting for Ogre to kick Jins ass and it just never happened. Then when Jin turned into Devil Jin, while yes it was accurate to his in game costume and it looked SUPER BAD ASS, we could of at least seen a transformation scene to have it make more sense. He randomly got tattoos, randomly had chains spawn on his arms, randomly his gloves changed, idk just weird.
Aug 18, 2022 8:12 PM

Oct 2019
RejectedGalaxy said:
I don't understand why they did a lot of things that they did this episode. Paul Phoenix was supposed to defeat ogre, not Jin. Instead Heihachi just sat there cock blocking him the entire time, so stupid. I was rooting for Ogre to kick Jins ass and it just never happened. Then when Jin turned into Devil Jin, while yes it was accurate to his in game costume and it looked SUPER BAD ASS, we could of at least seen a transformation scene to have it make more sense. He randomly got tattoos, randomly had chains spawn on his arms, randomly his gloves changed, idk just weird.

yeah, I feel like it would work a lot better if they had the sound of the flash back playing instead of the clip while he transforms.
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Aug 19, 2022 4:34 AM
Jan 2018
After watching this final episode, I can honestly say this is the best adaption of the Tekken Franchise to date (not a very high bar, but still...).
It was faithful to Jin's story in Tekken 3. Whilst a few liberties were taken, it didn't hinder the story in any way.
This final fight with Ogre and the conclusion of the show was a great finale overall.

As a fan of the series, it was a joy to experience this anime and I would happily use this as a way for newcomers to experience Tekken's story if they prefer not to go through a backlog of story.

The gripes I have with the show is how a lot of the side characters could have had more spotlight IF the show was longer (Nina's inclusion being vague considering she was in the previous tournaments, No mention of Anna being Nina's sister and they entire fued, Marshall Law being only a passing mention by Paul and a quick cameo, Kuma... the list goes on), How Heihachi's lines were delivered in the Eng Dub, the jarrings moments between the CGI and Hand-drawn, the wierd lighting decision, and a few other minor nitpicks.

BUT, this show told the story through Jin's eyes effectively, highlighted some of the characters motivations when given the chance, and gave plenty of fan-service - especially in a faithful and respectable way. You could definitely tell the showrunners knew the games and were fans themselves which makes the experience all the more enjoyable.
Z-NitroDec 26, 2022 6:28 PM
Aug 19, 2022 9:37 AM
Apr 2016
This atrocity, cringe-worthy, lame excuse of an anime, I can't wrap my head how Netflix allowed this trash to air, they should've killed it with fire the second it was done and ready to air.

This is such a shame I'm gonna cancel my netflix account for this.
Aug 19, 2022 11:28 AM
Apr 2020
I can't leave the vote at 5, it took a long time with recap/memories
Ruined the mood of the anime

In the end, I really liked it, apart from the excess of repeated scenes

And I'm not even a fan of the franchise
I'm a penciller (comic & manga artist) and I love Gunpla & scratch build.
My best work in scratch, Kaneda bike
..._ _ _...

Click 👆 to see my profile
Aug 19, 2022 2:16 PM

Feb 2011
This was epic to watch, as a big fan of the series.
Not perfect, but a solid 8/10 until the ending..
felt rushed, and not much closure...

so overall a 6.5/10
ScootboiAug 19, 2022 2:35 PM

Aug 19, 2022 4:11 PM
May 2022
I think it's necessary a second season because they rushed everything and someone who hasn't played any Tekken game will not understand the story at all, and well, the end was open so...

P.D: I really liked this episode and this anime, I think it's a 9/10 because they respect the game so well that even the movements are the same.
Nashiro18Aug 19, 2022 4:14 PM
Aug 20, 2022 3:10 AM
Jan 2020
This still sucks ass as a Jin Main, every fight was like 2-3 mins long. Jin has like no personality at all, and the writing is just half-assed.

Netflix just milking Tekken
Aug 20, 2022 7:49 AM

Jan 2009
what an anticlimactic ending i mean Jin just fly away and thats the end? lol

anyway still good anime overall the action is great

Xiaoyu is the romantic interest of Jin for sure too
Aug 20, 2022 1:10 PM
Sep 2015
deg said:

It's a homage to Jin's Tekken 3 ending
Aug 20, 2022 3:01 PM

Nov 2020
I liked it, is the story of Tekken 3, and there are some parts that are just as I tought, I would like a second season. I watched all episodes in just 2 days.

I hope they explain more about Leroy, is an interesting character.
Aug 21, 2022 9:45 AM

Jan 2009
RejectedGalaxy said:
deg said:

It's a homage to Jin's Tekken 3 ending

i see im an anime only and never played the story modes of Tekken
Aug 21, 2022 11:49 AM
Sep 2015
I'm pretty sure this is just the first half, Netflix has this kind of behavior for its original anime release. But considering that there's no announcement on the sequel, the second half might be around Tekken 8 release, which is at least a year away.

I kinda want to see Kazuya right now.
Aug 22, 2022 12:40 AM

May 2015
I was waiting for Devil Jin's laser but never happened. I'm sad.
Imagine if Gon had made an appearance somehow lol. Also I didn't see Ganryu in the show but he's in the cast in MAL.
Solid 8/10. It better have a second season. Now I want to play all games again.
anikevinAug 22, 2022 12:49 AM
Aug 22, 2022 4:54 PM
Apr 2018
Z-Nitro said:
After watching this final episode, I can honestly say this is the best adaption of the Tekken Franchise to date (not a very high bar, but still...).
It was faithful to Jin's story in Tekken 3. Whilst a few liberties were taken, it didn't hinder the story in any way.
This final fight with Ogre and the conclusion of the show was a great finale overall.

As a fan of the series, it was a joy to experience this anime and I would happily use this as a way for newcomers to experience Tekken's story if they prefer not to go through a backlog of story.

The gripes I have with the show is how a lot of the side characters could have had more spotlight IF the show was longer (Nina's inclusion being vague considering she was in the previous tournaments, No mention of Anna being Nina's sister and they entire fued, Marshall Law being only a passing mention by Paul whilst Forest Law made a quick cameo, Kuma... the list goes on), How Heihachi's lines were delivered in the Eng Dub, the jarrings moments between the CGI and Hand-drawn, the wierd lighting decision, and a few other minor nitpicks.

BUT, this show told the story through Jin's eyes effectively, highlighted some of the characters motivations when given the chance, and gave plenty of fan-service - especially in a faithful and respectable way. You could definitely tell the showrunners knew the games and were fans themselves which makes the experience all the more enjoyable.

Call me crazy but I liked Blood Vengeance's fights way more than this one.
Aug 22, 2022 4:56 PM
Apr 2018
anikevin said:
Imagine if Gon had made an appearance somehow lol. Also I didn't see Ganryu in the show but he's in the cast in MAL.

How? Ganryu was the guy who took Jin to Heihachi.
Aug 22, 2022 5:00 PM
Apr 2018
Overall, felt pretty disappointed with this one. Would've loved it if they had just adapted Xiaoyu's arcade story with the Heihachi-land stuff instead lol
Aug 22, 2022 5:19 PM

Apr 2014
was really good, but now i just want more

loved the art and animation the fights was really good really good

now heres hoping for more tekken anime to come
"one step at a time"
Aug 22, 2022 9:26 PM

May 2015
sishirc said:
anikevin said:

that was him? he looks nothing like I remember him
Aug 23, 2022 3:53 AM
Apr 2018
anikevin said:
sishirc said:

Yeah he does look really different from the games.
Aug 23, 2022 9:32 AM
May 2015
I'm very bias but I, really enjoyed the show. the only problem for me was they skipped a lot of fights very disappointed in that, but besides that great show I hope they get a season 2 and make that about tekken 4 🔥🔥🔥
Aug 24, 2022 12:37 AM

Mar 2021
Loved it! Great show and bring me back to the days where me and the boys would play tekken after school and on the weekends.
Aug 24, 2022 5:15 PM

Apr 2012
I'm thinking more and more about what my reaction would be if I got this during the peak of my passion for the franchise. That is, in the second half of 00s. Or even earlier. It was quite cheesy and a little disappointing at times, but overall it was a pretty nice addition to the game.
Aug 25, 2022 6:54 PM
Jul 2018
It was alright, in fact a little better than I expected. Chronologically speaking I thought it was strange for them to start this series from the events of Tekken 3 but I ended up appreciating it anyway as Jun Kazama had quite the appropriate amount of screentime.

On another chronological-related 'wait, isn't this a bit too early?'-kind of matter: it was weird seeing Leroy Smith in a Tekken 3 era or Julia with her Tekken 7 aesthetics.

It's a shame that it was only 6 episodes instead of 12 or even 24 as a lot of characters could have had their moments and interactions (Such as Nina and Anna, Law and Paul etc). But overall, as a Tekken fanatic who has been invested in this franchise since late 90s it was pretty cool witnessing this series in the flesh. I'm hoping for a 2nd season.
Aug 27, 2022 5:40 AM
Jun 2013
I have to say I enjoyed this. It may take some liberties but it was still entertaining and I like the fact we got some Jin and Jun time since in the game you barely feel a relationship between the two. The fights were well done and I like the fact that the show captured the characters fighting style and moves from the game. They even added the special effects they give off.

While i'm pretty positive about this there is problems mainly the length. This show needed to be at least 12 episodes so we could've gotten more fights within the tournament and even some actual lines for the rest of the participants. This is what really hurts the show. Though I will say i'm happy that we at least got to see some of the characters interact with Jin and give off their personalities and thoughts. If we get another season I will definitely watch.
Aug 27, 2022 5:48 AM
Jun 2013
anikevin said:
sishirc said:

The suit hides it well. In fact I was thinking it was him because he has the mark on his head but still wasn't sure till they said his name.
Aug 28, 2022 6:36 AM
May 2015
Action packed, fantastic final episode of the season. Left it on a cliffhanger so hopefully we'll get some more! Maybe a longer season would be nicer too, like 12 episodes rather than the 6.
Sep 1, 2022 11:02 AM
Nov 2021
كان ممكن تكون فب نهايه افضل بكثير من النهايه ذي قيمته 8 بس بعد نهايه الانمي نزلته ل 6
Sep 6, 2022 3:38 PM

Jul 2014
It was actually pretty decent. Had my issues but it was better than I expected and it's easily the best screen adaptation Tekken's had so far.
Take care of yourself

Sep 7, 2022 4:24 PM
Jun 2021
im a fan of the tekken series is looks great i cant wait for 2 season
Sep 8, 2022 9:04 AM

Apr 2020
Had my expectations low when I saw the trailer, and the fights and Jin's char design hyped me, CGI and animation is tolerable not bad, effects were good like blocks, Low/mid/high hit. It would have been atleast a little more enjoyable if we got to see more char fights, it's a disappointment still. Anyway I enjoyed it a lil and I'll rate this as "Fine" 5/10
Sep 8, 2022 12:58 PM
May 2021
i think the fight was actually pretty neat but it was pretty cringe when he turned into devil jin and he just flew into the blood moon
Sep 12, 2022 12:43 PM
Jun 2021
Short story but expected, seems targeted for slightly younger audience then I would have thought but good overall
Sep 13, 2022 9:33 AM

Nov 2012
Not a fan at all of the entire series. Shame as I've loved Tekken almost my entire life, would love to see it get a good Anime outing.
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Sep 22, 2022 9:24 AM

Aug 2018
As a player, who plays Tekken from time to time.. Mainly Tekken 3.. I enjoyed this anime quite much.. I think it managed to do lots of things interestingly.. Martial styles phylosophies.. Different characters having their motives.. And in the end some characters being grey ones - like both Heihachi and Jin.. Mystery about some characters too.. Just seeing some familiar moves was nice as well.. Overall - quite enjoyed the anime..
Sep 23, 2022 6:39 PM

Feb 2014
As a huge Tekken fan, I can't say I didn't like it. As an alternative Tekken product it's fine.

On the other hand, the kick to the canon that they have given, especially when the tournament begins, is worthy of study. I could count the number of pointless errors that create a lot of contradictions, but hey, I'm not going to hurt. After the garbage that was the Tekken movie, like Dragon Ball Evolution I would say, this is wonderful.

The best thing has been Jin's period with his mother and his training with Heihachi, which were never explained well in the games.
Sep 24, 2022 7:37 AM
May 2021
really enjoyed this anime man. So nostalgic for all tekken players like me. I guess they should make a sequel since they ended with devil Jin leaving!
Sep 25, 2022 2:41 PM
Sep 2022
Well for me it started ok it was somewhat accurate to the source material.For those that don't know this series follows the events of Tekken 3 but anyways back to the "review" It started out good but then I noticed a few things they added in characters that would not appear till later in the series like Leroy and they changed how Orge transformed but other than these minor problems it was good!
Oct 2, 2022 11:11 PM

Jan 2013
aside from the minor liberties being taken (like retconning Paul’s tournament victory) and some inconsistent character inclusion, it surprisingly stayed true to the lore and told a decent retelling of Tekken 3 with Jin’s ending being reference…even tho it did felt abrupt and open

7/10…woulda been 10/10 if Mokujin and Gon showed up lol
Oct 4, 2022 11:42 PM

Jan 2011
That was fun and nice way to setup other seasons if you wanna do Tekken 4 and 5.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Oct 13, 2022 2:51 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That's quite sad for Jin in the end, but at least he didn't die by being shot by Heihachi
Oct 19, 2022 6:03 PM
Nirai Kanai

Dec 2012
Loved Tekken growing up, I wasn't sure how I'd feel about the show with it having more of a CGI animation style but it wasn't horrible. It made me happy seeing fighters fight to their styles in the game itself. Remember, this is a LOOSE telling of what was going on in Tekken 3 so everything won't be "perfect" or as you remember. I think they did a really good job and I'm actually wanting a season 2 if they decide to do so.

The World Suffused with Sound.
Oct 20, 2022 2:52 AM

Jun 2021
Yes, this is the exact Heihachi Mishima most of us know and hate. True Ogre actually appears, Jin gets shot and survives for obvious reasons, and the episode ends with him just fleeing the scene.
Six episodes are just a short number and the plot is possibly even more Mishima-focused than the games themselves (i remember too Paul being the one defeating normal Ogre and then leaving unaware it wasn't ended yet) but it's not surprising any more at this point.
For what it's worth, it was still entertaining between a 7 and a 8, also out of a personal bias about the 3 still being my favorite game of the series. Now it becomes natural asking if there will be more short sequel shows reprising the events from the 4th game onwards. And on another plus side, now i want to replay the games again (never owned 1 and 2, should buy again 5 that was a self made gift after high school graduation, and art from 3 and 4 also own 6 and 7 but barely touched them. Never liked Team Battle removal from 7 even if they added a very interesting character as Lidia.
_untitledOct 20, 2022 4:13 AM
Oct 27, 2022 6:06 AM
Jun 2021
just a little non canon
Nov 18, 2022 9:23 AM

Jan 2021
That really just changed the ending of Tekken 3 as well...
Dec 16, 2022 9:20 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
last episode, ogre and demon, two great fights, and one more time, without emotions, and seems good but not enought!!!

4/10 and lukcy kekeke
Aug 7, 2023 1:28 AM

Apr 2015
Ending sucked. Not sure if they intentionally left it like that, but either way it was horrendous
Aug 15, 2023 5:05 PM

Aug 2022
IMO Tekken movie was amazing!  but this anime was very weak! 
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tekken: Bloodline Episode 3 Discussion

BlichoBoy - Aug 18, 2022

15 by Twiggboy »»
Jun 25, 2023 8:21 AM

» English or Japanese?

Void45_ - Sep 8, 2022

7 by Kazu-chan-san »»
Jan 24, 2023 4:56 PM

Poll: » Tekken: Bloodline Episode 5 Discussion

BlichoBoy - Aug 18, 2022

15 by Ranxomare »»
Dec 16, 2022 9:09 PM

Poll: » Tekken: Bloodline Episode 4 Discussion

BlichoBoy - Aug 18, 2022

21 by Ranxomare »»
Dec 16, 2022 11:52 AM

Poll: » Tekken: Bloodline Episode 2 Discussion

BlichoBoy - Aug 18, 2022

17 by Ranxomare »»
Dec 14, 2022 10:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.