Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 10, 2022 11:48 AM

Jan 2020
KuroNekoAlchemy said:
commonxreaction said:
As if this village wasn't bad enough, it also just has a hole that is filled with depression, lmao. This is truly the worst village.

It's a bit jarring to see Vuelo tower over Riko when they both appear to be children.

vueko aged since the flashback, if her height isn't the evidence then her tits should be

Yeah, but she isn’t drawn like any of the other adults in the show. She still appears to be drawn as though she was a kid — just bigger. It’s not a bad thing, just a weird juxtaposition.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Aug 10, 2022 7:15 PM

Mar 2020
commonxreaction said:
KuroNekoAlchemy said:

vueko aged since the flashback, if her height isn't the evidence then her tits should be

Yeah, but she isn’t drawn like any of the other adults in the show. She still appears to be drawn as though she was a kid — just bigger. It’s not a bad thing, just a weird juxtaposition.

Eh, the female researcher who arrived at Orth to study the birthday curse is drawn similar. As is lyza.
Aug 11, 2022 1:05 AM
Jan 2022
this crazy excellent anime for this season
Aug 11, 2022 5:49 PM

Jun 2012
Who Wins Regu Negro or Regu Blanco?

Aug 12, 2022 2:55 PM
Aug 2020
Liked it four star
Aug 12, 2022 10:48 PM
Aug 2022
The storyline is very interesting to follow. There's something exciting every episode.
Aug 13, 2022 8:27 AM
Jul 2018
Making a deal with Belaf is like making a deal with the devil lol
Aug 16, 2022 6:04 AM
Oct 2018
Rap battle ftw! enought said!
Aug 16, 2022 3:22 PM

Nov 2009
This series just keeps on getting weirder and weirder...

So... Mitty is unlimited food... so is the thing Riko eating earlier Mitty?

(also, apparently the Village's "balancing" can also create life... aka Mitty... with parts of the originals memories?)

___ ___ ___

And then Nanachi got scammed... and now Riko has to find a way to get Nanachi (and Mitty) back...

___ ___ ___

Also... Bondrewd... so THERE is a way to actually go back up the "point of no return"... this dude literally proves it by going back and forth between the layers... (just requires ways to prevent the curse from killing you)
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Aug 18, 2022 1:28 AM

Jun 2020
damn yall gotta read da manga
Aug 19, 2022 8:36 AM
Dec 2021
its just so good i really love it
Aug 23, 2022 1:31 PM
May 2020
riko left with a tough decision
Aug 24, 2022 9:49 AM

Apr 2021
There's no way that's actually Mitty.
Aug 25, 2022 4:21 AM

Jun 2019
Things have gotten a little out of hand and Riko has to compensate with that big thing. She can't afford to lose her arms or legs or her innards. What's going to happen?
Sep 3, 2022 11:46 AM

Mar 2010
damn just like that the plot thickens. And Now ricko is stuck in a hard place.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Sep 20, 2022 1:25 PM
Mar 2020
its horrible but interesting. i can't stop myself from watching.
Sep 29, 2022 6:18 PM
Nov 2018
Ok so, I don't even know how to begin, I mean, EVERYTHING, THIS ENTIRE EPISODE, EVERY SINGLE SECOND OF IT

I'll try to put it into words

Starting with Reg, I totally forgot to mention the huuuuge ass robot before, I already knew that he was sorta connected to Reg, I wasn't expecting him to be from the same line of production and I'm happy this was not the case, and I think the concept behind robots made to acquire information will always be interesting, especially with the world of MiA, although I'm sad that we couldn't see other robots from upper layers, I hope that we get to see what happened to the rest of them before the end of this season, and I also loved that the last thing the robot said to Reg was a request, he asked that if possible Reg also discovers the truth about his creator, he has his own sense of curiosity, more than his own programming, which I love to see, and I loved this quote, this was by far the smallest and with less importance part of the episode, but was good nonetheless, I also loved that they gave an explanation to that fucked up fetishy toy we saw some eps before, Faputa is lovely, in her own way I guess

Next is Rikko's part, almost the entire episode, to start, I thought that whatchamacallit Hollow was another person, apparently, he is the old leader of the suicide squad, I was sure it was the translator, and it looks like the translator is the Hollow in the last part of the episode, but I'll comment about that later. I loved that Rikko's first instinct was asking to learn the Abyss language, and I like both how it works as a language and how it's shown to the viewer, it's a language where every word means it's own thing in a similar group, from the ones we where show at least, and the meaning is behind context, which helps to understand why so many times one specific word is said in totally different contexts and also makes it believable their entire language can fit in a piece of paper, and as I said in the last episode, I hope that at least for the majority of this season, talking and translating is Rikko's part, not that just her can do it from now on, but that she's the priority, since it fits so much with her curiosity and admiration for the Abyss; after that, the Hollow that teaches Rikko the language talks about wanting a human, probably as a vessel, and one thing that I love from this, is that Rikko acts totally natural regarding that, but you know that it isn't because she isn't scared, it's because she understands at least a little how precious a human is for Hollows, and that she herself is protected by the village, so she doesn't need to worry about it that much. After that Rikko enters a pit, and OH MY FUCKING GOD, YOU??? I thought she was dead already from the op, definitely wasn't expecting to see her so soon, and oh my God, I'm so curious to know the rest of her backstory, I have a hunch based on a scene from the trailers, and I can't wait for it to happen, we also learn that Maaaa is indeed a child, but I'm still curious to know her age, or specifically, when she turned into a Hollow, I'm not obsessed, this is Made in Abyss, the guy that wrote this, he's fuckin crazy, I'm sure we'll see a really fucked up thing sooner or later and we'll learn who Maaaa was

after all that and some hints of backstory that I can't wait to watch, we finally end the episode with Nanachi, and man, this author sure has balls, like, platinum; I can't even begin to put it into words, I guess I'll start with Nanachi, I wasn't expecting that she would just give up her life to live with Mitty, and I was about to get really bummed that her entire arc, the first things she says at the start of this season, where meaningless, and I'm glad to say that it wasn't the case, it isn't because Nanachi was craving to be with Mitty again, all she did was to help Mitty, yes she did on impulse, didn't think through and gave up her life even though both Rikko and Reg exists and depends on her, but the difference is that she only did something so drastic because she saw Mitty suffering, and I'm more than ok with that, this doesn't disregard anything she passed through, after that we learn how there's a Mitty there, and it not only makes sense but it could only be done there, because of Value, and if episode 3 was one of the best scenes in this season, this is one of the best in the series, the way Beliaf describes everything he had to trade just for a copy of Mitty, how Value can change from person to person, how Mitty truly meant more to Bondrewd than many expected (no, I don't think he was just using her, deep inside he truly loves every one of his kids, in the most disturbing way possible, but the village ain't lying, it knows how much anyone Values anything), and how big of a trade Rikko must do to save Nanachi, and what is more insane then everything, is that not only Rikko's body would be enough, but that Rikko's body in itself is too much for that trade, which is just insane and I can't wait for the series to use this to it's fullest potential, why a human means so much, and how far these Hollows will go for it, and lastly, the cliffhanger was criminal lol, I can't wait to see what Rikko will do
Sep 30, 2022 12:40 PM
Aug 2020
ghost1994 said:
Bondrewd was in the 6th layer? Am i missing something because from what i remember no one had been down to the 6th because oft he curse.

I was just wondering the same, I guess one possible explanation would be that he killed himself and used a spare body?
Oct 1, 2022 12:08 PM

Sep 2020
More things about the village is revealed, the red hair girl showed up! And the ending is really terrifying, wonder what would Riko do to solve this.
Oct 4, 2022 2:34 PM
Mar 2015
Absolutely Amazing
Oct 5, 2022 2:21 AM
Jul 2017
The entire Bondrewd arc is a little confusing for me so forget me for asking, but how did he come down with Mitty safely and go back in the flashback? I thought he could not do that without receiving the curse and the blessing, meaning his body would change even if he uses the cartridges? Please someone explain!
Nov 13, 2022 9:19 AM
Dec 2020
This is getting more and more ridiculous
I'm still watching since I can't help being curious about the world of the abyss itself but I got no sympathy or interest on most characters any more
It's from one eyeroll to the next

Here we got useless Riko chan running around alone for the 1000th time and messing things up till someone magically saves her from herself
And suprise! Mitty's copy down to the soul is brought back just to force Nanachi into unreasonable actions and us through pointless drama
Talk about beating a dead horse
It makes the whole Mitty arc in season one quite pointless and takes away from its importance

Mah, anyway
On to the next episode
Dec 20, 2022 8:54 PM
Jun 2022
kids got very bad things happen to them
Dec 30, 2022 5:52 AM
Feb 2021
I am confused man!
Jan 8, 2023 10:45 PM

Jun 2020
I’m still annoyed that Nanchi sold herself, I mean she already was over Mitty in the first season. But when I think about it, I’d probably do the same.

Other than that, I still like how Bondrewd has importance in the story and Belaafs CGI was good
Jan 30, 2023 5:32 PM
Jul 2017
interesting episode. why did this sage get locked up and is still in human form?
Feb 12, 2023 5:07 PM

Feb 2018
Mitty is such a tragic character.. Even her copy is meant to suffer for all eternity damn :S. Just when you thought you had seen it all in Abyss, thing just keep getting worse lol
Apr 6, 2023 2:57 AM

Mar 2015
Oh wow that ending tho. It's one literal hell of a dilemma.
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jun 16, 2023 4:06 AM

Oct 2019
Dark as frack, as usual...
Jul 18, 2023 11:03 PM

Mar 2019
this whole thing of ones value is getting a lil silly to me. i dont hate it but it doesnt hit as hard for me as some of the other quirks of the abyss
Aug 6, 2023 8:05 AM

Jan 2022
Bro this season has me confused. I don't understand why Nanachi was willing to give herself away for Mitty when she already knows that the real Mitty is dead, this is just a copy. Then Riko was about to give away part of her body for Nanachi?? When is Riko going to meet up with her mom, or is she stuck in the village forever? Ugh why is everyone so dumb
This never updates so that's cool
Aug 22, 2023 10:25 AM
May 2020
The lead girl from the other story is still alive somehow. Nanachi is unconscious, Mitty was recreated with her soul & all, and the Sage guy wants her legs and innards in exchange but will ensure she doesn't die?!?
And we finally are learning about what the heck Reg is.
And Rei somehow gave him the name that was actually his original name before his amnesia?!?
Dec 9, 2023 8:52 AM

Nov 2023
Damn, Reg is so powerful
Feb 1, 7:33 AM

Apr 2021
Reg adventuring alone. You can't trust anyone, they already want to do business. She has now learned to speak the local language. That girl is beautiful but what must be her past.
Feb 19, 12:15 PM

Jun 2019
Finally, some answers! + new waifu and Maa redemption? We were left on a cliffhanger, wondering how Riko would avoid selling a part of her body. Also, we got some answers about the origin of Reg.
Hopefully, they will tell the story of the village and what Vuelo did to be considered a bad person. She mentioned that the village was different in the past. I am curious to know more about that. I also have a feeling that Vuelo and Faputa have some sort of connection.
Mar 15, 6:04 PM

Dec 2010
Ok, I have to stop the binge or I'm not getting any sleep tonight. Belaf looks like something straight out of Claymore.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Aug 17, 2022

286 by Matheus050 »»
Apr 22, 4:26 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2022

405 by conquistadorr »»
Apr 21, 4:25 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xenocrisi - Jul 13, 2022

184 by asbest0sdust »»
Apr 20, 9:10 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2022

258 by Toooooooooohru »»
Apr 15, 10:25 AM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2022

138 by Toooooooooohru »»
Apr 12, 8:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.