Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 3, 2022 11:06 PM

Apr 2012
This show is so strangely creative in so many little ways, it's incredible. As is everything about Vueko, who is like the cutest person ever.
Aug 4, 2022 1:13 AM
Nov 2016
It was an ok episode, this is the best episode so far in this season but that isn't saying much, I didn't enjoy the rest of the other episodes that much either but this one was ok I guess.

One thing I really don't like is how they speak Japanese but insert their weird language in the middle of it as well, it's happening in all the episodes and this is getting quite cringey with that stuff, maybe their language will play a major role later on? I hope that's the case because so far their language is making me cringe and enjoy the show even less, that language is just "adding" to the weird acid trip I'm watching here. If that language actually plays a major role later on then that's ok but if not, then it was a waste, the author or director or whatever could have implemented a better dialogue between the characters that doesn't involve that weird language which as far as I can see, is not helping the plot so I really hope that language plays a major role later on.

So far this is a meh season but of course, MAL being MAL has this at 8.75, I simply can't trust the ratings here, for the most part, they are BS IMHO.
Aug 4, 2022 2:11 AM

Oct 2016
My God, this show man. I am not ready for what kind of fuck up shit they're gonna throw at us in the coming episodes.

So that Mitty is a copy huh, just let her rest please, damn it Bondrewd.

Really interesting, Reg is definitely made based on those interference units or made out of them probably. I wonder if Riko's really gonna end up selling something, though I don't really see any other way to bring back Nanachi, unless Vueko interferes, but based on what she said, that's probably just gonna make it worse lmao.

Man, I can't wait to find out the origins of Iruburu and why Vueko was imprisoned, though I say I am excited, I am not excited for pain.
Aug 4, 2022 2:44 AM

Mar 2020
timeforward said:
"Please don't hurt my friend anymore" as a binding contract? As an expert in reality television court law, this is clearly an invalid contract.
Riko needs to find the hollow that wished to be a lawyer, he'd be a particularly slimey one.

the village insta knows the intention behind what people say
Aug 4, 2022 7:00 AM

May 2015
I ended up being wrong, I thought that was a chunk of Mitty that was cut before she lost her eye and ended up regenerating to a full body after being thrown away.
Aug 4, 2022 7:05 AM

Dec 2009
This anime makes me feel nauseous. Which is bad. But at the same time it leaves a lasting impact that cannot be forgotten. And that makes it good. The emotions and the human relations look so realistic, distorted and dirty&clean at the same time that I cannot take my eyes away. It's so disgusting that it leaves me in shock and in worst case I'll have nightmares of drooling distorted figures wanting to eat me.
Aug 4, 2022 7:53 AM

Sep 2017
Ah yes I remember when this chapter was released. Of course it ended on that cliffhanger as well. Was quite the interesting debate at the time. I think next episode we should be getting back into the flashback portion which was definitely my favourite part of this arc so I'm pretty excited for that.
Aug 4, 2022 9:06 AM

Oct 2008
oh man! Riko's dumb if she agrees to that! body parts?!? oh damn! gore!
5/5.

Aug 4, 2022 9:51 AM
Dec 2019
Riko and Vueko finally meet! Riko has to make a difficult decision. I'm kind of curious of where Reg is going or was doing.
Aug 4, 2022 12:07 PM
Mar 2022
I feel like the Cliffhangers are perfect in this Show, like every ending just makes me go crazy on how short this progress feels.
Aug 4, 2022 1:30 PM
May 2019
ghost1994 said:
Bondrewd was in the 6th layer? Am i missing something because from what i remember no one had been down to the 6th because oft he curse.

Once he figured out the cartridges he could travel down to the 6th layer and return unharmed. He could also potentially have used the zoaholic. He could kill himself in the 6th layer and have his consciousness be transferred to one of the umbra hands at his base instead of ascending back to the 5th layer and getting turned into a hollow
Aug 4, 2022 1:35 PM

Oct 2014
I find it curious that Belaf wanted the eyes, legs or the innards, but not the arms. Perhaps it's because her arm got screwed up because of the infection in S1 and has less intrinsic value? I could honestly see this show going with her losing her eyes to save Nanachi.

Bondrewd manages to screw over Nanachi's emotions and life even when he's not physically present.
Aug 4, 2022 7:43 PM

May 2021
Decent episode, I already knew about Bondrewd going into the 6th layer, it makes you wonder if all was just a test in the movie. Riko is still being stupid and useless and I bet she isnt going to lose any body part in the next episode, eventually the deal will be bringing Vueko for Nanachi. Also Vueko is most likely the 3rd Sage, anyways 7/10 episode and the season should be around a 6.8/10.

PD: Very low score coming next chapter if Riko doesnt lose any body part.
-Xenophon-Aug 4, 2022 7:48 PM
Aug 4, 2022 10:56 PM
Mar 2022
I don't understand people who don't like Made in abbys
Aug 5, 2022 1:59 AM
Jul 2018
I don't understand the different time in abyss and in surface, is it vueko already in there for many years right ? Why she looks like doesn't age and looks the same ?

In the other hand, Ozen already aging from riko baby until now
removed-userAug 5, 2022 4:35 AM
Aug 5, 2022 2:39 AM

Nov 2007
Chikuya said:
I don't understand the different time in abyss and in surface, is it vueko already in there for many years right ? Why she looks like doesn't age and looks the same ?

In the other hand, Ozen aready aging from riko baby until now

It was mentioned in season 1 that time flows differently in the abyss. The deeper you go the worse it gets. Just an example a day in layer 6 could be months on the surface (think of that interstellar scene with the water planet). It may even be that Lyza has been at the bottom for mere days or weeks.
Aug 5, 2022 2:59 AM

Mar 2020
nexuro01 said:
Pretty chill episode considering the fact that the only fucked up thing was Maaaaa's circumcised dick-hand.

ye, but only if you use fucked up as synonym for sexual

for me, I think belaf giving away so many of his organs just to eat meaty was quite fucked up
Aug 5, 2022 4:30 AM
Jul 2018
Arkaniet said:

It was mentioned in season 1 that time flows differently in the abyss. The deeper you go the worse it gets. Just an example a day in layer 6 could be months on the surface (think of that interstellar scene with the water planet). It may even be that Lyza has been at the bottom for mere days or weeks.

Ah i forgot that each layer have different effect, thank you
Aug 5, 2022 6:20 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Arkaniet said:
Chikuya said:

In the other hand, Ozen aready aging from riko baby until now

Thanks for the explanation. I had forgotten that detail and was a bit confused about the timeline here.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 5, 2022 8:21 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Another interesting episode ^.^

I was wondering the whole time how Mitty could be there when Reg incinerated her to dust in 4th Layer before, turned out 6th Layer Mitty is just a clone.

Arkaniet said:

Oh my, I forgot about this as well until I read your post...

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Aug 5, 2022 8:51 AM

Nov 2007
Glad I could help. I recently rewatched season one with my sister and remembered so many things that I forgot over the years.

That's all I can recall from the top of my head. Feel free to budge in and correct me as it has been a few months.
Aug 5, 2022 9:25 AM
Jul 2022
xZabuzax said:
It was an ok episode, this is the best episode so far in this season but that isn't saying much, I didn't enjoy the rest of the other episodes that much either but this one was ok I guess.

One thing I really don't like is how they speak Japanese but insert their weird language in the middle of it as well, it's happening in all the episodes and this is getting quite cringey with that stuff, maybe their language will play a major role later on? I hope that's the case because so far their language is making me cringe and enjoy the show even less, that language is just "adding" to the weird acid trip I'm watching here. If that language actually plays a major role later on then that's ok but if not, then it was a waste, the author or director or whatever could have implemented a better dialogue between the characters that doesn't involve that weird language which as far as I can see, is not helping the plot so I really hope that language plays a major role later on.

So far this is a meh season but of course, MAL being MAL has this at 8.75, I simply can't trust the ratings here, for the most part, they are BS IMHO.

....this was unequivocally the worst episode of the season thus far, and was one of the worst chapters of the manga as well. Literally nothing weighty occurs. There's the Vueko reveal, and Belafu's spectacular character design, and I guess the Interference Unit making that comment about Reg (which was pure speculation anyways), but besides that, it was a total filler episode/a typical bridge episode, necessary to connect point A to point B.

Implying that this was "the best" episode of what has been one of the greatest series of any anime ever is borderline trolling lmao. "A filler/bridge episode where almost nothing of note happens is the best one yet!" *facepalm*
Aug 5, 2022 11:32 AM
Nov 2016
Palme-Tree said:
xZabuzax said:

....this was unequivocally the worst episode of the season thus far, and was one of the worst chapters of the manga as well. Literally nothing weighty occurs. There's the Vueko reveal, and Belafu's spectacular character design, and I guess the Interference Unit making that comment about Reg (which was pure speculation anyways), but besides that, it was a total filler episode/a typical bridge episode, necessary to connect point A to point B.

Implying that this was "the best" episode of what has been one of the greatest series of any anime ever is borderline trolling lmao. "A filler/bridge episode where almost nothing of note happens is the best one yet!" *facepalm*

It was certainly the best episode of the season so far for me but yeah, like I said, that isn't saying much as I didn't enjoy the previous episodes either, if you believe otherwise then that's ok and I respect your opinion about it, I hope you do the same and respect my opinion about it too, to say that I'm trolling about my opinion is just asking for a fight so I'll be nice this time and avoid the unnecessary fight as I don't feel like wasting my time on pointless fights today.
Aug 5, 2022 11:46 AM

Jul 2021
El-Melloi said:
I ended up being wrong, I thought that was a chunk of Mitty that was cut before she lost her eye and ended up regenerating to a full body after being thrown away.

Honestly that's not a bad theory. I don't think we've got a clear explanation as to what happens to the parts of mitty's body that are cut? We know Mitty regenerates but the cut part?? Maybe it dissolves into dust or something, who knows? It also raises the interesting question: what if you cut Mitty in 2 equal parts? Which one regenerates, if not both?? Interesting stuff to think about.
Needless to say, although it's a good theory it's invalid now since we now know it's a perfect copy of the original.
Aug 5, 2022 12:27 PM
Jul 2021
Chikuya said:

In the other hand, Ozen already aging from riko baby until now

she is mutan but not transform to monster, her human form intact.
Aug 5, 2022 4:15 PM

May 2015
SadKA03 said:
El-Melloi said:

Honestly that's not a bad theory. I don't think we've got a clear explanation as to what happens to the parts of mitty's body that are cut? We know Mitty regenerates but the cut part?? Maybe it dissolves into dust or something, who knows? It also raises the interesting question: what if you cut Mitty in 2 equal parts? Which one regenerates, if not both?? Interesting stuff to think about.
Needless to say, although it's a good theory it's invalid now since we now know it's a perfect copy of the original.

Now that I had a little more time to think about it, I feel like Bondrewd would have made copies of Mitty if it worked that way.
Aug 5, 2022 8:24 PM

Jul 2021
El-Melloi said:
SadKA03 said:

Now that I had a little more time to think about it, I feel like Bondrewd would have made copies of Mitty if it worked that way.

Yeah that makes sense. And since this is Bondrewd we're talking about I'm pretty sure he's already tried that. So yeah theory debunked.
Aug 5, 2022 8:54 PM

Mar 2020
Palme-Tree said:
xZabuzax said:

You don't know what filler means
Aug 5, 2022 11:14 PM

Jun 2013
Finally a somewhat interesting episode. This season has been nothing but a complete bore with sex fetish moments sprinkled in otherwise. Getting tired of them reusing the same schtick, following up the stuff with Mitty in S1 with Prushka just made it hit like a bag a of wet feathers, and now they're bringing Mitty back again. Man this is just lazy, whole thing means nothing now.
SurgetAug 5, 2022 11:20 PM
Aug 6, 2022 8:53 AM

May 2015
Napping Nanachi is best nanachi!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Aug 6, 2022 11:34 AM
Jul 2022
The Mitty "subplot" was one of Akihito's biggest blunders with MiA.

Not only was it a completely unnecessary attempt at obtaining "cheap heat", but it was designed solely to give Nanachi (who has become an utterly useless/irrelevant character, post-IdoFront. which is essentially where her journey/character should have ended) something to do. I remember reading this, and in what is otherwise one of the most gripping storylines in all of fiction, bringing mitty back was a glaring disappointment.

At best, it was a reminder of what a gorgeous being of light Belafu was before everything that went down, but there were SO many more interesting things that could've been done with his character as a hollow.

Anyways, as has been stated previously, this was your classic bridge/filler episode. Necessary, but dull & uneventful. Of course, the infamous 'creation' storyline shall commence quite soon, hopefully next episode, and we'll be right back on track (and then some....)

Kojima has really captured Akihito's patented psychedelic/mushroom trip nature of the Iruburu story/panels that we all loved so much, whilst simultaneously slapping his own personal spin on it. MiA is just as much Akihito's as it is Kojima's, at this point, especially after this season. Iruburu come to life looks nothing like what we thought it would. Between MONSTER & MiA, Kojima is really cementing himself

Things are about to get *beyond* strange...the strangest that this series has ever gotten. I am still haunted by the Genja backstory, and it still hasn't sunk in that it is actually going to be brought to life ... *shudders*
Aug 6, 2022 11:41 AM
Jul 2022
Surget said:
Finally a somewhat interesting episode. This season has been nothing but a complete bore with sex fetish moments sprinkled in otherwise. Getting tired of them reusing the same schtick, following up the stuff with Mitty in S1 with Prushka just made it hit like a bag a of wet feathers, and now they're bringing Mitty back again. Man this is just lazy, whole thing means nothing now.

....is this, like, an inside joke on this website or something...? The idea that this bridge/filler episode was "interesting"..? Aside from the Vueko reveal/her being freed, this episode was a complete non-entity. 'Interesting' would be the absolute least apt adjective that could be used to describe it, lmao. Almost nothing that hadn't been shown previously was revealed, there was zero worldbuilding, etc.... it was literally a "point A-to-point B' bridge episode.

It is general consensus throughout the community that this has been one of the most lacklustre episodes of the entire series & easily the most lacklustre thus far this season.
Aug 6, 2022 2:35 PM

Jun 2013
Palme-Tree said:
Surget said:

....is this, like, an inside joke on this website or something...? The idea that this bridge/filler episode was "interesting"..? Aside from the Vueko reveal/her being freed, this episode was a complete non-entity. 'Interesting' would be the absolute least apt adjective that could be used to describe it, lmao. Almost nothing that hadn't been shown previously was revealed, there was zero worldbuilding, etc.... it was literally a "point A-to-point B' bridge episode.

It is general consensus throughout the community that this has been one of the most lacklustre episodes of the entire series & easily the most lacklustre thus far this season.

There's been next to zero world building this entire season past the first episode lol, I guess this one lacked literal feces which must be the average MIA "community" member's idea of "world building".
Aug 6, 2022 2:48 PM

Nov 2015
Just 2 quick questions from an anime-only to make some things clear:

- Maa has been torn to shreds a couple of episodes ago. How come she's still alive?
- All inhabitants or hollows in Iburu, were actually living humans right? Just like Riko.

Thanks!
Aug 6, 2022 7:18 PM

Mar 2020
Admiral_Carapils said:

- Maa has been torn to shreds a couple of episodes ago. How come she's still alive?
- All inhabitants or hollows in Iburu, were actually living humans right? Just like Riko.

Thanks!

first we dunno, but notice that removed parts look different so might be some regeneration ability

second, yes. they are ganjas and cave riders who eventually joined them over time.
Aug 6, 2022 7:22 PM

Mar 2013
So what, did Bondrewd send down a team (well, multiple teams) knowing full well they wouldn't be able to come back, except for him transferring his consciousness to another body back in the 5th layer? Not that I expect him to have any degree of compassion for his subordinates, but I'm just curious if that's how it went down.
Aug 7, 2022 3:17 AM

Aug 2018
The price to pay for Nanachi just feels insanely high, I doubt Riko will do that and instead will look for another solution, but overall great episode and presentation troughout it
Aug 7, 2022 4:48 PM

Sep 2016
KuroNekoAlchemy said:
KelpRings said:
Dude this show feels like it’s designed just to mess with my head.

They introduce new bizarre things, explain as little as possible, then leave me on a cliffhanger. It’s actually quite frustrating.

But hey, at least things are starting to come together. It’s making slightly more sense, and getting more interesting. Though, I’m just waiting for them to pack up then head to the next layer. I don’t see any reason for them to stall so much here. But now they’re all separated and selling their souls or whatever. They’ve spent way too much time here. Should’ve just kept walking.

should get the whistle and run, they made a mistake when they separated, but it's nanachi's fault. nanachi suggested it while riko was having a shit, and didn't even tell her anything

Right? Rule number one, never split the party!
Aug 7, 2022 4:50 PM
Mar 2015
When did Reg's belly button wound heal?
Aug 8, 2022 1:19 AM

Dec 2008
I will trade in nothing for your Mitty copy! I hope Riko agrees to nothing
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 8, 2022 1:56 AM

Nov 2015
KuroNekoAlchemy said:
Admiral_Carapils said:

Thanks!

first we dunno, but notice that removed parts look different so might be some regeneration ability

second, yes. they are ganjas and cave riders who eventually joined them over time.

Thanks for clarification!
Aug 8, 2022 5:53 AM

Nov 2021
This episode had me so distressed/curious at the end tbh
I wonder how Vueko still has her human form and why has she only aged up so little after all this time? Why was she imprisoned? Is Nanachi even alive and what is Riko going to bargain to save her?? Is Reg going to recover his memories and get his arm fixed? and will he still want to help out Riko on her expedition after?

Aug 8, 2022 9:33 AM

Sep 2018
What's up with this Mitty? Is she a clone? Does she still feels?
Aug 8, 2022 1:29 PM

Jun 2009
I want to know more about those interference units. Whats their purpose? Who created them? I hope we will get answers.
Aug 8, 2022 9:29 PM
Oct 2012
The true power of the Abyss is to turn all your deepest longing into an ensnaring curse that outlast eternity. I for one applaud the thematic consistency.
Aug 9, 2022 8:47 AM
Oct 2021
Placing various puzzles, soundtracks, and story tones i love it all
Aug 9, 2022 4:57 PM
Oct 2017
Im getting more and more depressed
Aug 9, 2022 5:14 PM

Dec 2007
If Riko makes a deal then she's an idiot. She has to think things through Reg and then just find some cool shit to make a deal.
Aug 10, 2022 8:43 AM

Jan 2020
As if this village wasn't bad enough, it also just has a hole that is filled with depression, lmao. This is truly the worst village.

It's a bit jarring to see Vuelo tower over Riko when they both appear to be children.

I somewhat doubt Riko will offer any significant portion of her body. As always, I'm sure she'll manage to find some other way. Either way, this was a good episode.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Aug 10, 2022 10:53 AM

Mar 2020
commonxreaction said:
As if this village wasn't bad enough, it also just has a hole that is filled with depression, lmao. This is truly the worst village.

It's a bit jarring to see Vuelo tower over Riko when they both appear to be children.

vueko aged since the flashback, if her height isn't the evidence then her tits should be
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2022

407 by RubyDaly69 »»
May 18, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Xenocrisi - Jul 6, 2022

251 by limberwisk »»
May 10, 8:22 AM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Aug 17, 2022

286 by Matheus050 »»
Apr 22, 4:26 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xenocrisi - Jul 13, 2022

184 by asbest0sdust »»
Apr 20, 9:10 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2022

258 by Toooooooooohru »»
Apr 15, 10:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.